Start by marking “Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1)

Hot Stuff (Hot Zone #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,652 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews

Published August 1st 2004 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Hot Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Stuff

Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
114th out of 3,169 books — 6,667 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
43rd out of 618 books — 1,327 voters

More lists with this book...

Jill
Nov 20, 2011 Jill rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I think I've finally figured out why I always feel like there is something missing in Carly Phillips books--there's just not much character development. She tends to tell us what the characters are like rather than show us. Plus, everything happens too fast--they meet and wham! next minute they're making out and on their way to bed. Now, I'm all for sexual attraction, but in her books these characters are already discerning the inner workings of each other with very few words even exchanged. The ...more
Katelyn Joy
May 07, 2008 Katelyn Joy rated it really liked it
I didn't realize what I was getting into when I picked this book up at WalMart. I don't like to shop there but it was the one shopping location available when I went on vacation with my friend's family. Usually I consider myself a very detail oriented person, but the little Harlequin logo went under the radar. Eventually, when slapped in the face by sexy-time writing, I realized it was a Romance Novel I was surprised. Anyhow, the story was pretty engaging and you routed for the main character to ...more
Carly
Dec 04, 2007 Carly rated it did not like it
This is the kind of book you read when you're stuck on a Greek isle and have absolutely no english reading material. As a person who can appreciate trashy romance novels, I would recommend against this one. It will take you about two hours to read, but better to try to figure out the Greek on the box of cookies you purchased.
Neus Cámara gutiérrez
Sep 26, 2015 Neus Cámara gutiérrez rated it really liked it
Es un 4.5 como una catedral.
Es bonito, dulce, coherente, con tiempo...
una novela romántica contemporánea de las buenas.
Fanny
Jul 26, 2014 Fanny rated it liked it

El libro estuvo bien, entretenido y sencillo de leer.
La historia quizas no aporta nada nuevo, puesto que la trama no es nada novedosa pero la lectura se te pasa muy rapido.
Los personajes son muy divertidos y me encantaron los protagonistas; Me encanta leer sagas que cuentan las historias de los doferentes miembros de una familia.
El unico pero que le pondria seria que al principio todala trama avanza muy lento. Por lo demas recomiendo el libro.

3.5 Estrellas!
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
3 Stars

Read for the 2016 TBR Challenge -- April -- Contemporary. The challenge is hosted by Wendy the Super Librarian.

I originally bought Hot Stuff because I usually enjoy sports adjacent contemporary romances. I have heard about Carly Phillips for awhile and thought this would be a good example of her work. I actually bought this in 2012 and it just got lost on my e-reader.

The Hot Zone series focuses on the three Jordan sisters who were raised by their sports lawyer uncle after the death of the
Just - The romance reader
Apr 26, 2010 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-library
My first Carly Phillips read, not my last! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the family behind the Hot Zone, and look forward to getting to know them better through the rest of the Hot Zone series.

All three sisters - Annabelle the oldest, Sophie the middle girl, and Micki the youngest are great. Each with her own individual style and personality, but so dedicated and loving toward each other, as well as Lola their surrogate mother, and their cranky Uncle Yank.

The overall story was great, a fun read,
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Annabelle Jordan and her two sisters were orphans in frilly dresses when they went to live with their sports-lawyer uncle in his world of locker rooms, bookies and gambling.

Now the girls are publicists in their uncle's firm, The Hot Zone. Despite her upbringing Annabelle is all woman. She's naturally drawn to real men --- like her latest client, ex-football legend and businessman Brandon Vaughn.

The chemistry is potent, undeniable, irresistible. But Annabelle soon realizes that Brandon
PepperP0t
Actually 3.75 stars
Confirmed bachelor and sports lawyer, Yank Morgan suddenly finds himself guardian for his young nieces, Micki, Sophie and Annabelle Jordan. Folding them into his life, the sisters develop a love of sports and decide to carve a bit of business for themselves and add a public relations piece to Yanks business after they each graduate from college.

Eldest sister Annabelle Jordan has always favored the jock of the bunch and has sworn off men except for the most superficial of relat
Feb 19, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Awesome book and I love the family dynamics that make you want to continue on with the series.

Ever since they were young Annabelle Jordan has lived with the fear of her sisters and her being separated. When there parents died in a plain crash Annabelle was 12 and the oldest of the three sisters, upon being placed with her uncle Yank Anna worked hard to keep her sisters from quarreling and all problems to a minimum so that Yank would have no reason to give them up. Now at age 29 she is still sub
Sammie
It was so funny and i loved every second of it .

Brandon is so hot and funny that i fell in love with him the moment he hit the page,it was great to see that he had over come his learning disabilitie, it's always there but you learn to cope with it and i thought it was great that he was able to help others , it was totally awesome watching him with Annabelle they make a great couple and it was nice to see him make up with Yank .

Annabelle is pretty cool ,i can see that some of things she went thou
Erika
Feb 09, 2015 Erika rated it it was amazing
Sari
Jul 31, 2015 Sari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lumayanlah... namun tarik ulurnya terlalu bertele2, seperti kisah pamannya dan asistennya yg ga berujung. Karakter heroinnya tlalu mudah jatuh cinta hanya karena wajah tampan hingga tertipu berkali2, jd terkesan biasa aja ketika dia jatuh cinta dgn sang hero. Mau baca lanjutannya tapi kok males krn adiknya malah jadi sama mantan sang kakak yg pernah ngekhianatin kakaknya sendiri dgn perempuan yg jauh lebih muda. Terlalu klise jika pria tersebut bisa berubah drastis dan jd pria baik2 dan agak ane ...more
Marcia
Mar 23, 2009 Marcia rated it it was amazing
This is a fun book to read. It would be perfect to read while sipping a margarita on the beach!
Jen
Aug 17, 2007 Jen rated it liked it
STEAMY!!!! Whoo! If you don't mind sex - take a gander. There is a cute story too...
Anneclairebaudin
Jun 17, 2014 Anneclairebaudin rated it really liked it
What to say but HOT STUFF! I love her style of writing, it's simply delicious! The flow of the book is lovely and I adore the chemistry between Annabelle and Vaughn, the sizzling sexual tension, her modern-woman agressive style, his Alpha-male dominance and personality... it's every women's dream of modern-day romance. They are like the dream. An independent career-wise woman who can proudly uphold the feminist flag of independence yet still be able to find her Cinderella happily ever after. SIg ...more
Precious Mae
Nov 09, 2012 Precious Mae rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I love Uncle Yank. So clueless... Haha.
Haylie
Dec 20, 2008 Haylie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
totally hilarious! i love this author!!
Ky
Sep 22, 2015 Ky rated it it was ok
Ayah Ristin
Apr 03, 2015 Ayah Ristin rated it liked it
If I'd read this when I was still a high schooler, maybe I'd like it. But since I am not, I didn't enjoy this book. Actually, I was surprised and very disappointed to find out that this is a sexy romance. I didn't realize this when I bought the book because I was in a hurry. Besides, it was cheap and just one of the nine books I bought from Booksale.
Though I wouldn't say that the book wasn't good (wouldn't say also I find it good, tho. He He). I just knew that I just simply outgrown that kind o
Sandra

Hot Stuff me ha encantado, de principio a fin y me he bebido cada palabra del libro. Los protagonistas, tanto Annabelle como Vaughn me parecieron protagonistas bastantes reales y la verdad es que les he cogido cierto cariño a ambos. Siendo sincera, Vaughn me ganó desde el mismo momento en el que dice que la posada que está construyendo era para niños con necesidades especiales y lo siento, pero es que no puedo con estas cosas de verdad. Y es que en ese sentido soy irremediable! Tampoco es que su
christine danielle (Bibliophilic Madness)
FOR MORE REVIEWS AND GIVEAWAYS, DO CHECK OUT MY BLOG:  photo bun3_zpsa210610d.jpg

Hot Stuff

Cover: 3
Plot: 5
Characters: 5

Overall Rating: 5 HOT ZONE STARS!

photo 2_zpswnw7ar5f.png

This is the first book from Carly Phillips which I have read - and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

This is the first book from the series "Hot Zone".

Annabelle Jordan and her sisters Micki and Sophie were orphaned at a very young age and was left in the care of their uncle Yank, who owns Hot Zone. They all grew up and became publicists to their uncle's PR company. Anna
Noémi nykyriana Molnár
Kathy
Nov 21, 2010 Kathy rated it liked it
Hot Stuff - a sports/law / publicist agency - headed by Yank Morgan - who adopted his 3 neices (@ ages 8, 10, & 12) when his sister & their parents died... Now the women all earned their MBAs and work for the office...

back story is Yank Morgan - gruff, womanizer, did his best by the girls, in love with his assitant Lola, but holding back, especially after he learns he is going blind.

Annabelle - the oldest - plagued by fear that she will lose those she loves - the fear that the system wil
Dorothea Müller
Brandon Vaughn hat sich aus dem Sportgeschäft zurück gezogen. Er will ein Hotel aufmachen, doch jemand behindert ihn ganz schön. Er bittet seine alte PR-Firma um Hilfe. Yank sieht drin die Chance Annabelle unter die Haube zu bekommen und schickt sich um Brandon zu helfen. Doch Annabelle hat die Nase voll von Männern.

Endlich mal Band 1, ;) irgendwie habe ich die Reihe von hinten nach vorne gelesen. Aber ist ja egal. Alle Bänder lassen sich schön für sich lesen. Die Geschichte hatte genau das in s
Lois Tucker
Jul 15, 2014 Lois Tucker rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
By the numbers romance (with hot sex) novel. Nothing was particularly new or realistic. Since it's about a sports-rep company, and I'm the least interested person you could ever meet in re team sports, I have no idea if any of that is realistic or not. Wait. Actually, I do know. Handsome uncle takes custody of three little orphaned nieces who grow up to be the Charlie's Angels of team sports? Not realistic. On the plus side, it took about an hour to read.
Brie Bohlinger
Mar 06, 2016 Brie Bohlinger rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I absolutely loved this book! You really get to know the characters and feel a connection to them. I felt so sorry for Brandon. The way Annabelle was able to crack him and get him to open up was incredible! The only thing that bothered me is that the characters always called him Vaughn. Why can't you call him by his first name? Also the mini description in the book of Brandon Vaughn doesn't fit the image on the cover.
Rie_dominique
cerita sampingan antara Yank dan Lola menurut saya agak dipanjang-panjangkan. Apa bakal baru dibikin endingnya setelah buku ketiga selesai?

Oh ya, buku-buku terbitan GPU (sepanjang yang saya baca) tetap menggunakan title Mr. atau Mrs. Di buku ini diterjemahkan menjadi Tuan dan Nyonya. Rasanya agak janggal saja. Biasanya terjemahan Tuan dan Nyonya ini saya temukan di buku-buku terbitan selain GPU.
Debbie
Aug 22, 2015 Debbie rated it it was ok
I was really ready for an emotionally satisfying romance novel. I would have also enjoyed a cute romance that was heartwarming. Unfortunately, "Hot Stuff" was really neither of those things. The book felt really forced and was absolutely predictable. I felt no emotional connection with the characters. Based on this book, I don't plan to read anything else by this author and I won't be recommending this book. Contains some graphic sexual content and mild profanity.
Trang Nguyen
A cute and fun read by Phillips. This is a second book that I have read from Phillips and with the first book I was really disappointed. However, this was a light read and kept me turning the pages. What I particularly like about this story is the romance was hot and steamy right in the middle of the book! ha (I didnt have to wait until the end like some romance novels!!)

Annabelle is the niece of a high profile owner of a PR company. Her and her sisters have grown up in their uncle's world of hi
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)
  • Simon Says (SBC Fighters, #2)
  • Sizzling (Buchanans, #3)
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Hot Zone (4 books)
  • Hot Number (Hot Zone #2)
  • Hot Item (Hot Zone, #3)
  • Hot Property (Hot Zone, #4)