Start by marking “Im Licht der Träume” as Want to Read:
Im Licht der Träume

Im Licht der Träume

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  4,512 ratings  ·  110 reviews
Viele Jahre lang haben Calin und Bryna einander gesucht. Jetzt haben sie sich gefunden, aber ist ihre Liebe stark genug, den mächtigen Feind zu besiegen? Wird die zauberhafte Allena Conal aus seiner Einsamkeit befreien können? Kann die Liebe im Traum ebenso verführen wie im richtigen Leben?
Taschenbuch, 340 pages
Published April 1st 2004 by Heyne (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Im Licht der Träume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Im Licht der Träume

Kara Jorges
Comprised of three novellas from Nora’s “Once Upon” collaborations, this was a quick, easy read. “Spellbound” starred Calin Farrell, an overworked artist who impulsively travels to Ireland and meets up with Bryna, a witch guarding the Castle of Secrets. As a child, Calin dreamed of Bryna, but as he got older, he blocked the connection and buried her memory. Bryna, with her powers, kept her eye on Calin, knowing he was the key to her destiny. Now, she has mere hours to convince him that she is hi ...more
Maria
Another Nora Roberts trilogy, this time all three stories set in Ireland. All three is very easy to read and rather whimsical.

"Spellbound". Meet Collin Farrel who has been plagued by strange dreams all his life. Dreams of at red headed girl. As Colin grows so does she. After some years he learns to block the dreams and in doing so he blocks his and hers destiny. At a whim Colin travels to Ireland and meet Bryna, a stunning red head. She is a witch and he is her warrior and only united they can
Duncan Mandel

“A storyteller of immeasurable diversity and talent” (Publishers Weekly) who “just keeps getting better and better” (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel), Nora Roberts is a master at depicting both the legends and the lore of Ireland and the tender, enchanting passions of its people. Together for the first time in one volume, these delightful stories of magic and romance capture the everlasting beauty of this charming land—and prove that this #1 New York Times bestselling author is truly “at the top of h

Chrys
"A Little Magic" by Nora Roberts is comprised of three novellas that tell love stories that involve Ireland, magic, and destiny. I have to admit that I like Nora Robert's current style much more than her older work, including this anthology. It might be just me, but I don't really find it very romantic the idea of falling in love in one day. I think the dance and mystery of a long courtship is much more entertaining to read. And for that reason, I didn't particularly enjoy these stories, althoug ...more
Molly
Sep 21, 2008 Molly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Molly by: My Grandma
This is the second book/series I've read, by Nora Roberts. I liked each of the individual stories. However, I feel that grouping them together was too much. They were so similar that it just felt like I was reading the same thing over and took away from the joy I might get from each singular storyline.
Sue
A collection of three short stories. It was very entertaining. It's one of those books that doesn't make you think too much. It was a nice break from reading more intense stories.
Maura
Spellbound by Nora Roberts 3/5 - typical Nora Roberts. Flowery and non-explicit love scenes and a hero/heroine that are destined to be together. I did get a bit irritated with the heroine who seemed to be getting frustrated that her Hero wasn't falling in love with her and trusting her magic fast enough (within 1 day).

Ever After - Nora Roberts - 3/5 - All the men in Conal's family are destined for a certain woman who shows up wearing a star pendant. And so Conal is hiding on his island before t
Karen
It's a lovely book of three similar stories set in beautiful Ireland.
Yes each story did sound a-lot alike but i didn't mind. The best ones are In Dreams and Everafter. If your looking to bring out your passion and love,set out the candles or light the fireplace,put on some nice calming music and dive into these intriguing romantic stories.The first one is a little slow and dull at times but the romance is delightful. I love the dialogue and the way the scenery is described. It really gets you in
Megan
The length of each of the stories doesn't give the reader time to believe in the main characters' relationship. I had a really hard time getting through the first one because the reader doesn't learn enough about each of the characters to care about their fate.

The second one was slightly better because each of the character's flaws is understandable -- most people know someone who fits either one or both of their personalities. I personally connected more with Conal because I don't like to be t
Lyss
Usually I enjoy Nora Roberts as an author. She has well fleshed out characters, and you can see their growth as people throughout the story. One good example is the Chesapeake Bay series she wrote. Watching 3 brothers come home to take care of their youngest brother was endearing especially since they couldn't be more different half the time.

Unfortunately, in this case, I did not like this book. All three of the stories I read I could see where things could be fleshed out much more. She could h
Sonja
Finished this one last night... Three very good short stories, all related to magic..... I think my favorite of the three was "In Dreams".

As with almost every Nora Roberts I read, when I'm through, I always think... "This is my favorite" She never fails to please.

Liz
I suppose certain people would really enjoy the three stories in this book but I didn't like them at all. It is called "A Little Magic" and I thought that was referring to romance. If I had realized it was all about spells and enchantments I never would have picked it up to begin with.
Marissa
Three short novels that are all set in Ireland: Spellbound, Ever After, and In Dreams. Spellbound was about a 1000 year old curse coming to completion, with formerly doomed lovers being brought together again. Ever After was about a pre-destined love, with an American tourist getting lost and discovering herself on an island with a young artist. In Dreams reminded me of Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty, in that a woman gets lost and finds herself in a manor with an eccentric man who is un ...more
LJ
A Little Magic - G
Nora Roberts
Comprised of three shorter stories; taking place in Ireland and surrounded by magic, this is one collection no Robert's fan will want to miss. In the first story, "Spellbound", Calin and Bryna have waited years and lifetimes to find each other. Now, they have met, but is there love strong enough to fight off a powerful enemy? In the second, "Ever After", Conal lives in self-imposed loneliness, denying everything about himself. Until one day when magic leads flighty
Nancy
Courtni Knight
I enjoyed it. It was very light and whimsical, great for passing time. Because each story was so short, the characters weren't very developed, but I liked it.
Lil
A little far fetched but still entertaining. I enjoy the way she writes. Makes for an easy poolside read.
Mary Dellamora
Typical Nora Roberts, predictable plot line, but good as a mindless distractor
Kati
I like realistic fiction better than fantasy. This was definitely fantasy.
Megan
This book was very slow, each story had the same plot, girl falls for boy, there is magic, they don’t want to be in love, the one has to have the other to break some horrible spell that cast on them, and oh life is so bad, you saved me, you’re so amazing. Yea I don't mind magic, I don’t mind a GOOD love story. This book took me over 2 months to read because I just couldn't do it all at once. I expected so much more from this author! I sadly think that 2 stars may be too high for this book but I ...more
Lisa Reaume
Not one of her best.....
Cyrisse
Oct 21, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
In "Spellbound," a beautiful lady casts a thousand-year spell on the man of her dreams -- and unleashes a nightmare only love can conquer... "Ever After" follows an enchanting woman as she journeys to an otherworldly land -- and introduces a handsome artist to the transforming power of love... "In Dreams" links a young woman to a stranger's past -- and to the curse that has trapped him forever in the eternity of his own dreams...
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This was a quick read of Nora Roberts’ early shorts. All of three of the stories revolved around magic in some way. It was an easy read that I read after finishing a very intense story. It was enjoyable to take my mind off the very intense book. The stories have the romance of the early Roberts work, and take place in Ireland somewhere. If you want some easy reads that good triumphs over evil, this is your book!
Wendy
My first sampling of Nora Roberts (I know I live under a rock). The stories in this collection were sweet, quick romances. I enjoyed the first 2 stories the most -- Spellbound & Everafter. The third story - In Dreams - was my least favorite. The male lead was too arrogant and the story was a little too far fetched for me. I enjoyed the little touches of magic thrown in and do look forward to reading more of Roberts books.
Kristin
I really enjoyed all three short stories, but it left me wanting so much more. Considering this was my first time reading anything by Nora Roberts, it gave me a good insight into her writing. I do enjoy the place setting of Ireland in all three stories. I will definately be readin more of her stuff, hopefully this time I won't be left wanting more though. Its an awful feeling lol!
Brandy
Delightfully magical short stories of fated love. I was very pleased with all three short stories, and while the falling in love came somewhat ludicrously quick, I understand the constraints the short story format puts on an authors ability to make falling in love seem realistic.

My favorite of the three was the last story. I bawled my eyes out at the end. It was so poignant and sweet!
Gretchen
This book is one than I grab when I'm looking for a predictable romance. Boy meets girl, they fall in love instantly, small challenge presented to them by gods is over come, and they live happily ever after. The stories here don't allow for tons of character development because they are so short. Straightforward book that can be enjoyed in parts or as a whole.
Francesca

A Little Magic is a book made up of three short stories, and the stories are nothing but fluff. The storyline for each three are very much boy-meets-girl/girl-meets-boy, intsta-love, and of nothing else. While this is a romance book I was expecting a bit more.

Three simple romance stories that was just okay, but nothing magical.
Amanda
I didn't care a whole lot for any of these stories, but it was made worse by these particular three being in a collection together, it got very repetitive. The plotlines and themes were way too similar, it felt like the same story was being told three times with just a slightly different background for each.
Sueij
I think the storytelling was typical Nora Roberts, but all three stories were heavily about Irish magic. I don't mind solid plots enhanced by some magical lines, but in these, there was no plot left if you removed the magic. And while that might work well for some, it's just too fanciful for me.
  • Bump in the Night (includes In Death, #22.5)
  • PitchDark Presents the Dark Days of Supernatural Paranormal Romance Sampler
  • Tempting the Wolf (Men Of The Mist #2)
  • Bespelling Jane Austen
  • Loving Leif (Moon Pack #12)
  • When You Wish
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Forever and Always (Forever, #2)
  • Grand Passion
  • Seduction Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #2)
  • The Tiger Prince
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...