Start by marking “Mord ist ihre Leidenschaft.” as Want to Read:
Mord ist ihre Leidenschaft.

Mord ist ihre Leidenschaft. (In Death #6)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  22,723 ratings  ·  624 reviews
In a time when technology links the law and the lawless, predators and prey can be one and the same...

He is an expert with the latest technology ... a madman with the mind of a genius and the heart of a killer. He quietly stalks his prey. Then he haunts the police with cryptic riddles about the crimes he is about to commit--always solved moments too late to save his victi
Taschenbuch, 446 pages
Published April 30th 2006 by Blanvalet Verlag (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mord ist ihre Leidenschaft., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mord ist ihre Leidenschaft.

Duchess Nicole
Vengeance feels good...especially when Roarke the Irish is involved... “I want you to take note, Commander, that turning in my badge would be like cutting off my arm. But if it comes down to a choice between the job and my marriage, then I lose the arm.”

Gotta say, that line surprised me.This would be the first time that I've felt as if Eve and Roarke were on equal footing with regards to their affection for each other. That's not to say that I ever doubted Eve's love for Roarke. Just her ability
Kjen
Another awesome InDeath re-read! One of my favorite exchanges happens in this book. It is the one where Brian from Ireland finds out that Roarke married a bloody cop...Eve replies that she married a criminal and no one ever thinks about that! Then there is the whole "icicles forming in Hell" comment from Brian...Priceless!!! Loved seeing how Eve and Roarke worked through some of their most perilous philosophical ground to become an even more complete unit. Their total acceptance of each other, d ...more
Tilly Slaton
A religious nutjob sociopathic serial killer targets Even and Roarke (Shocker!). Extremely bloody mutilated bodies are found and Summerset is tied to more than one murder.

Hating the snobbish, uptight asswad, Eve still finds herself using every resource to prove that he should not be her prime suspect. If only the dude would follow her advice and stay close to home.

Avenging the rape, mutilation, beating and death of Summerset daughter, Roarke is forced to make a list of those who provided him inf
ElaineY
So I've only read six so far and there may be another In Death book that I'll enjoy better than this one but so far...this book was everything I look for in a romantic suspense.

The dialog is snappy and the story zips through like one of those futuristic cars. There's never too much of Roarke, is there, so delving into his past can't but make this installment a winner.

Summerset is especially unlikeable here and I hope there's a change in his attitude towards Eve after this. While I find the snoot
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View on Under the Covers

Vengeance in Death
(In Death # 6)
by J.D. Robb
Romantic Suspense

VENGEANCE IN DEATH is ice, frigid. Or as the eccentric Mavis would say, mag. I think this book just topped my previous favourite, RAPTURE IN DEATH. There were so many good things about this book that I’m not sure where to start. First off, the case that Lieutenant Dallas has been dealt is a gruesome one. It hits a little closer to home because of the violation that these victims have endured and it all seems to
Beanbag Love
Decent read as all In Death installments have been so far. As a Christian, I do get a little weary of the crazy, homicidal Christian gimmick (that's not a spoiler, BTW), but this had a lot of suspense and I actually was kind of surprised by the outcome of the case.

Eve got on my nerves this time. You'd think she's the only one under stress. Barking every other word and running roughshod over everyone. The fights she had with Roarke were pretty believable, but she just wore me down. I would have l
Lisa Kay
J.D. Robb (AKA Nora Roberts) should get some kind of award for creating a married couple whose relationship remains H.O.T. Yup. Roarke and Eve still have it. Loved the suspense in this futuristic police procedural, too. I’ve said it before, but Susan Ericksen was born to narrate this series; she outdoes herself again and just keeps getting better.

In Vengeance in Death, the sixth in the In Death series, we get to see into Roarke’s past. And the Irish billionaire has one, filled with painful me
İlkim
Ah çok iyiydi. Cinayetleri çok güzel bağlamış, Roarke ve Summerset'in geçmişlerine iyice iniyoruz. Hatta İrlanda'ya gidip Roarke'un anılarını dinliyoruz. Eve yine birkaç kere ölümden dönüyor ve en sonunda gelip onu kurtaran ve katili öldüren Roarke oluyor. Bu adamın Eve aşkına özeniyorum cidden, Eve de ona deli gibi aşık. Bu çifti daha bir sürü macera bekliyor ama aralarındaki aşkla her şeyi halledeceklerdir. Yaklaşık bir 30 kitap daha var okunacak :P
Catherine
This is one of my favorite books in the series. I loved getting to delve into Roarke's past and I won't deny that I loved seeing Summerset on the hot seat. That man is not a favorite of mine.

This entry had an emotional intensity to it that I enjoyed. The cases tie closely in with the lives of Eve, Roarke, and Summerset, although Eve doesn't know it at first. I liked that the author brought up a past storyline and deepened it for the reader. There was a gore and grit to the storyline that isn't a
Mahlet
This is the only ongoing series I read that features the same couple in every installment: NYC Homicide Lt. Eve Dallas and the sexy, complex, brilliant and dangerous Irish tycoon known only as Rourke. But these 2 characters are SO worthy of this distinction!! :)

Eve and Rourke both come from ugly, abusive childhoods. Sexual/physical/emotional abuse…it’s more accurate to say they didn’t really have childhoods! But Eve and Rourke managed to find peace with one another and their story is compelling
Bigd_041555
Love this book, we get a good glimpse of Roarke and Summerset's life from back in the day! We meet Ian McNab - gotta love that e-man!

I'm not trying to be picky or find fault, but towards the end when Eve and Roarke make it to the naked mermaid bar and they see Summerset on the ladder at the tank, Summerset tells Eve that he was climbing up and into the tank to help Patrick Murray and Eve says that's not what it looked like (or something to that effect). Anyways if Summerset had been in the tank
Elvan
I love the firsts in this one. The first introduction we readers have to McNabb and his stylin' ways, the first visit to the Penny Pig and Roarke's old mate Brian Kelly and the first great "take down goes south" thanks to a poodle. I love that scene. A nice little mystery and a killer ending (ha ha) makes Vengeance a must reread in the Series.
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Love this series, but, c'mon, EVERY SINGLE BOOK has the subplot of "is Rourke somehow involved with the crime????" That horse is dead. dead. dead. dead. let's move on. otherwise, this is a perfectly lovely series :)
rameau
It seems like Roberts got back into the groove again with her sixth In Death novel and it’s all thanks to the mystery. Well, not the mystery per say. The book works because of the killer. Instead of writing (poorly) about Wicca and Satanism, Roberts writes about a safe Catholic mad man who just “happens” to have ties to Roarke’s past.

The further I read this series, the less I respect Eve Dallas as a policeman and the more I see this story as just another offering at the great altar of Roarke. E
Tina
This is the 6th book in the In Death Series.

It is Late Autumn/Early winter in the year 2058. Eve Dallas is summoned with a riddle. Easily solved, she hurries to a grisly crime scene. A man has been eviscerated in his own home and left for Eve to find. It turns out the man was an old acquaintance of Roarke's during the days when he lived in Dublin.

The killer, taunting Eve with riddles sends her another. This time she is mere minutes late as she finds yet another gruesomely killed man left to die
Cata
Tic-Tac, Tic-Tac... O Tempo está a contar

Tudo começou com uma chamada anónima...
Gostas de enigmas? Também o nosso criminoso. A palavra-chave aqui é Vingança .
Ele dá enigmas a Eve que esta tem de resolver. Mas por mais que se esforce, Eve chega sempre atrasada. As vítimas não têm nada em comum... nada excepto serem Irlandeses e fazerem parte do passado de Roarke. Quem será a próxima vítima? Onde será assassinada? Porquê?

Quinze anos é muito tempo para planear uma vingança

E ele fez questão de pla
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I really liked the plot, even if it was a bit easy to figure the development. In this book I got annoyed with Eve. She seemed very narrow minded, more than usual. I think I'm getting a bit tired of all her stubbornness, it's like everything always revolves around her. In her fights with Roarke, especially the first, I think she crossed the line repeatedly. That man is a saint.

I loved the Irish part of the story and especially it was great to learn about Roarke's past and see the humanity of him.
Zwart Raafje
Ik heb bij ieder nieuw boek in deze reeks een beetje schrik dat J.D.Robb haar hoge niveau niet gaat kunnen behouden. In het verleden maakte ik het immers al vaker mee dat ik een geweldige serie leek te ontdekken en die vervolgens na enkele boeken plots erg achteruit leek te gaan. Ik weet niet hoe J.D.Robb het klaarspeelt maar ik vond dit boek zelfs nog beter dan zijn voorgangers en ben heel blij dat die angst ongegrond is.

Opnieuw krijgt Eve te maken met een gevaarlijke dader. Iemand die gelooft
Katie Reus
I absolutely loved this book. I've read most of the books in the In Death but somehow missed this one (or don't remember reading it) and I forgot how much Summerset really didn't like Eve in the beginning of the series. This book explained why his past colored his view of her. It was eye opening and a new favorite in the series.
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read December 2012
2nd read November 2014
Wow... parents can really fuck you up.
blueJae
I didn't realize how much I missed Lieutenant Eve Dallas and the gang until I started this book. Yet another thrilling mystery that had my heart racing!
LailaBC
A dangerous religious fanatic is out there, hell bent on vengeance. And this time the latest series of murder case is getting closer to Roarke's past. It seems that Eve is once again put in a difficult position on toeing the line between doing her job as a cop and trying to clear her husband and this time the uptight butler Summerset.
I simply love how Roarke and Eve work out the balance in their marriage no matter how many times Eve's job threatens to tip that balance. Finally Eve have admit it
Ally72
Lisa
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series! I honestly am not fan of Nora Roberts other writing styles but these books are great murder mysteries.
Set in a future that isn’t so unbelievable that you can’t relate, LT Eve Dallas, her husband Roarke, DT Peabody & the rest of the gang are amazing characters. You truly believe that they exist somewhere in another version of Earth & I personally can’t wait to see what they are going to get themselves into next.
I never tire of this series as Roberts conti
Bark's Book Nonsense
Nov 04, 2009 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: JD Robb fans
I haven't read this series in order (read #1 & #2 and then skipped around) and this book seems to fall somewhere midway through the series. Despite that I'm not too terribly confused. Eve Dallas is a police officer somewhere in the future where things aren't all that different from today. She is beautiful but very haunted, still somewhat emotionally stunted and married to a hunky rich guy named Rourke. In this story she is investigating a case where a family man has been horribly dismembered ...more
Tara
Ah, a good mystery with a healthy dose of Irish. This time the murders are personal. Someone is coming after Eve's family and they are bringing death to her door.

Much less Mavis in this one, which to me is always a good thing. Combine that with Peabody, who becomes better with every book. And in for vacationing Feeney we have Detective McNab, who sounds like a a cashier at Hot Topic, but seems to be a nice counter to Peabody.

The mystery was interesting and intense at times. Lots of twists and t
Caro
Woo-Hoo! And another great book. This one was really good. I liked the look into the past, although painful, a lot of bridges were crossed and some good humor kept it from being depressing. I loved the characters, some new brought in, from the colorful to the 'colorful'. ;) This is another book I wouldn't mind reading again and adds more strength to the family. Some rough seas were weathered and everyone seems to come out stronger than ever. Super great and pulls you in, plenty of twists, emotio ...more
Yz the Whyz
I'm liking this series more and more, and I want to listen to it all the way.

In this installment, we get a huge glimpse of Roarke's past, Somerset became a suspect and an introduction of a new character McNabb.

Very brutal murders done in the guise of religious fanaticism, Eve must get her man soon, and she must do it without implicating Roarke, an inner turmoil for our detective where she needs to solve a murder, but at the same time, she needs to protect her husband's secrets.

Eve as usual is br
Edee Fallon
Yet another fantastic read. I love this series.
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Vengeance In Death (Nov. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 192 64 Nov 08, 2014 04:43PM
solve-it-yourself whodunits? 1 26 Jan 16, 2013 06:39PM
Epub of Vengeance in Death? 1 29 Aug 12, 2012 06:19PM
Readers of Kindle...: Vengeance in Death #6 14 24 Feb 23, 2012 01:55PM
great book 2 42 Aug 22, 2011 07:33PM
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Private Scandals
  • Afterimage (In the company of shadows, #2)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
aka:
Sarah Hardesty
Jill March
Nora Roberts

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, U.S.A. She was the youngest of the five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline.
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)

“A cop? You married a bloody cop?"

"I married a bloody criminal," Eve muttered, "but nobody ever thinks of that.”
177 likes
“I want you to take note, Commander, that turning in my badge would be like cutting off my arm. But if it comes down to a choice between the job and my marriage, then I lose the arm.” 57 likes