Start by marking “Drei Männer fürs Leben (Die MacGregors #3)” as Want to Read:
Drei Männer fürs Leben (Die MacGregors #3)

Drei Männer fürs Leben (The MacGregors #8)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  10,423 Ratings  ·  192 Reviews
The Matchmaking MacGregor

He'll stop at nothing to get what he wants. And Daniel MacGregor, powerful patriarch of the MacGregor clan, wants to see his three handsome, eligible - but stubbornly single - grandsons married. So he's found just the women to tempt, tease and torture cousins D.C., Duncan and Ian all the way to the altar. Yes, Daniel has plans...
Taschenbuch, 384 pages
Published July 31st 2004 by Mira Taschenbuch im Cora Verlag (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Drei Männer fürs Leben, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drei Männer fürs Leben

Oct 16, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maggie by: Flannery
On Sunday, The Readventurer challenged us to read a book (or three) as part of their She Made Me Do It feature. Now, you know how I feel about a challenge. If you don't, here's a video that sums it up:
Basically, it's on like Donkey Kong. So yup, by later Sunday, I was done with one of the books of the CHALLENGE. Flannery picked a Nora Roberts book for me because whenever she would talk about Nora Roberts as one of her favorite romance authors, my reaction, never having read one of her books,
Dawn Michelle
Jul 21, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a spicy love story
Once again, the head of the MacGregor clan is at it again, this time with his grandsons. As hilarious as the granddaughter one, this too is a good, funny, easy read. Makes you believe in true love after all. :)

RE-READ July 19th, 2008..New review below:

I am SOOOOOOOOOO behind for this month. I have had my mother here for 3 weeks and the book I am reading is just a LOT slower than the first two in the series. I read this Nora Roberts book just to get another book in. I needed some fluff in the mid
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Liked the male leads but the women were dull as dishwater. Not sure what the heck was wrong with the first two female leads but they were just plain stupid and unbelievable. They had absolutely no sense of humour and no true reason that I could discern for walking around with a stick up their ass.
The last story with Ian was the best of the three. But even so, it did not make up for the other two. Wish it had been the first story before I lost my patience.
Aug 30, 2008 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently today is abandon-the-crappy-book-you-are-reading-day but hopefully given the genre, people will not blame me for giving up on this book. This was my first (and last) Nora Roberts read. It was incredibly boring. No character development. Lame dialogue. Lame descriptions of sex scenes. Lame problems. Just really lame. Would not recommend this author.
Juliana Philippa
I debated between 2.5 and 3 stars --- I liked two of the stories and the last one really had potential, but in my opinion there is just NO WAY that you can present two characters, have them meet and get to know one another, and watch them believably fall in love in only ~100 pages!! At least, that's my take.
Apr 30, 2016 Ofelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another success for Daniel MacGregor paring off his grandchildren and starting them off with their families.
Aug 03, 2016 Cruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, novella
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1998
Length: 4107 kindle locations (total)
Sex: Explicit. Frequent for the story lengths and rapid relationships.
Includes: Excerpt from The Perfect Neighbor

Following on from previous books, The MacGregor sets his hat to gettingthree grandsons married. Three, basically separate, novellas of simple, straightforward romances. All three are sexually explicit.

Story 1: D.C and Layna Drake
Setting: Contemporary. Washington D.C.
Hero: Painter (Shelby and Alan’s son, All
Cyndy Aleo
May 20, 2011 Cyndy Aleo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts is probably best known for her series books. Usually written in trilogies, Roberts has created one large, sprawling family headed by Daniel MacGregor (known as "The MacGregor") who not only has a story of his own, but also plays matchmaker for his children and grandchildren. The MacGregor Grooms tells the story of three such matches that The MacGregor makes for three of his grandsons.

::: Three Stubborn Men Fall in Love :::

The MacGregor Grooms is bro
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Cinta Daniel Macgregor kepada keluarganya sangat besar. Dan setelah cucu2nya dewasa, keinginannya yang paling utama adalah melihat mereka semua menikah dan memiliki anak2 disekeliling kaki mereka, termasuk 3 cucu laki2 favoritenya (bukankah dia selalu mengatakan kepada setiap cucunya, mereka adalah cucu favoritenya hah!)
Dalam buku ini, Daniel dengan cerdik menjodohkan 3 cucu laki2nya, DC putra tertua Alan dan Shelby, Duncan putra kedua Serena dan Justin, dan Ian putra bungsu Caine dan Diana.
Jun 19, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
In this three-in-one, Daniel MacGregor is at it again. This time he's set his sights on three of his grandsons. It's high time they were married and Daniel has the women all picked out.

First there's DC. The moody artist that has recently returned to Washington. It's there that his family is and it's there where he's decided to settle. When the MacGregor calls him up for a favor, DC figures that Daniel is up to his old tricks of matchmaking, but the MacGregor has changed his strategy. He's decide
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Sono responsabile dei miei cari e della loro felicità; se chiudessi gli occhi davanti ai miei impegni non mi chiamerei più Daniel MacGregor."

La vecchia volpe MacGregor colpisce ancora! XD Probabilmente se fossi uno dei suoi nipoti o dei suoi figli l'avrei già soffocato con il cuscino nottetempo ma da osservatrice esterna quale sono trovo alquanto spassose le sue macchinazioni oltre che incredibilmente intuitive visto che si concludono sempre in un sicuro successo! XD Il primo obiettivo è il suo
Monica M
Sep 19, 2016 Monica M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
3 bintang untuk bagian terakhir terakhir: Ian - Naomi. 2 bagian pertama agak membosankan dan kurang kuat konfliknya.
Feb 19, 2015 Pooja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was my second visit with the MacGregor clan after just finishing NR's MacGregor Brides and I've got to say spending time reading about how Daniel MacGregor meddles in the lives of three more of his grandchildren (D.C., Duncan, and Ian) was more fun this time around.

Like MacGregor Brides, we get three stories in one of three MacGregor males this time, however the stories were not written chocolate box style with great focus on the holidays in this book. This is probably the reason I liked t
Aug 17, 2016 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The MacGregor puts his mind to three of his grandsons and they fall into line without an inkling that he has manipulated them, starting with his namesake D. C. (Alan and Shelby's son), who he sets up with Layna Drake by telling him she is definitely NOT the right woman for him but would he just do a little favor and escort her to a charity function as a favor. Reverse psychology at its best and D. C. falls for it. Duncan (Justin and Selena's son), a womanizer par excellence and manager of the Co ...more
Mar 15, 2015 -A rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let me be clear and straight-forward here. I hated this book. I hated it so much that I didn't make it even to page 100 and I tried really hard. I did. (I love books and I believe that you should give them a chance but I'm not a masochist.)

1. It was not imaginative. It was borderline offensive.
--So the grandpa decides to meddle in his grandson's lovelife and his main argument is that he needs to get married and settle down. Such a banal and stupid argument. Really? If there was some other motiva
Brenda Ramirez
Oct 01, 2011 Brenda Ramirez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-hr
well the first book was of D.C aka daniel campbell Mcgregor son of alan and shelby. D.C is a arist and his soon to be wife manage the drake family industry. They both r set up in a date by D.C grandfather daniel and her godmother Myra. Both there relatives r working together to set them up togther. daniel tells his grandson he has no intention to set him up with her because she's too wrong for him. he of course believes him n starts falling in love with her. she is told by her godmother tat dani ...more
Sep 03, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
A great quick easy re-read about the wonderful family The MacGregor's and the crazy old Daniel who is back to his matchmaking ways. This was similar to the granddaughter book with three stories, three grandson's. I loved all three of the stories: D.C who is set up with Layla a goddaughter of a family friend. Duncan who is set up with Cat in a very similar way to his parents, which I loved. Then finally Ian who is set up with insecure Naomi.

I loved each of the stories, especially as each grandso
Sep 03, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these stores in the series. We find that Daniel is still trying to meddle and has moved onto his grandsons. The book is divided into three for D.J, Duncan and Ian. I found each one the stories really good and funny reads. Finding myself laughing out loud at times especially as each grandson didnt realise they had been set up till they had fallen in love. Great stories, I especially loved Duncan's story and how their story was similar to Justin and Serenas. Cannot wait to continue in the ...more
Apr 19, 2013 Venus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
tiga cerita dalam satu buku... huft... mana yang paling aku suka, yang terakhir. ian dan naomi, buku I love book so much. tapi tentu saja, tokohnya kalau ga lakinya ato perempuannya merasa harus bersikap kesatria dengan melepaskan pasangannya dulu baru mereka bersatu. kenapa gitu loo nga ada yang menerima dengan iklas bahwa mereka harus bersama dan di takdirkan bersama. harus ya biar ada konfliknya. emm..ya sudahlah toh nyatanya saya baca lagi nih buku heehee... lumayan... tapi tetap tidak masuk ...more
Jenny Delandro
I would love to a MacGregor grandfather in my family

Someone who looked out for his family and locked everyone in to his life with love

My grandfather was long gone before I was born and my husband's father is a cranky old man who tries to see how far he can push someone before they crash and burst into tears.

I have never burst into tears .. I give as good as I get... I get more respect from him then other members of the clan.....

I still want a family surrounded by love from the oldest family memb
Oct 09, 2012 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish Nora Roberts' had made the MacGregor Grooms and MacGregor Brides into 3 books, with two people per book. Because there's just not enough space the way it was done.
It's nice to read these books from the guy's point of view, because it makes it easier to believe that a guy is the more romantic one, that not all guys are afraid of commitment and whatnot.
I thought the third part, Ian and Naomi's, was my favourite by the 4th page in. But then it got a little to close to home, and it became so
Apr 23, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Daniel, Daniel, Daniel. You're up to it again, and we love it.
I, of course, can't choose a favorite. I'ts impossible for me to do so.
Though, I really do love D.C. He's big, like Daniel, and it scares him, but he's not terrified like Evan, in Diana Palmer's Long Tall Texans series. I love it.
I like the idea of a man lifting me and throwing me over his shoulder because he's so frustrated. Hey, it's a feeling, right?
Feb 02, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great novel. I laughed, I cried, and I giggled some more. Reading this novel made me wish my family was the MacGregors. I long to meet my own Ian, and that was definitely my favourite story out of the three in this book. I'm glad his was the last to read (despite the fact that it made me stay up an hour later than I should have so I could finish the story). If you want a great romantic read, this is def on the top of my suggestion list :D
Dec 11, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be my favorite book series of all time (so far). Nora Roberts out did herself with this series. You start off with one generation and leads you into the next. This is an eleven story series(not eleven books). By the end of the series you are sad that it has to end. Your heart is so attached to the characters that you just don't want it to end. You would not regret reading this series.
Aug 19, 2012 Aspen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The MacGregor clan has forever left their mark on my heart! and my book shelves! Nora Roberts is the best at what she does and it's clear to see why! Her characters don't feel like they're fictional when you're reading about them. I'll always remember her stories. Sometimes I'll even randomly remember parts of them and laugh or blush all over again! I could read Nora Roberts over and over again! and I will!!
Sep 02, 2012 Eirene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first foray into any Nora Roberts books. This particular book is really three vignettes in one. The first did little to impress me. The second I enjoyed a mite more. However, the third was my favorite and the primary reason for my rating of 'liked it.'

I cannot complain about the writing, though some of the adjectives used did make me smile and laugh at times. Truly, this was a good vacation, enjoyment sort of read.
Annette Thompson
Jun 12, 2013 Annette Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful, easy, beach-read for my vacation in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. However, it's not a predictable, formulaic romance. "The MacGregor Grooms" is 3 separate stories of how a loving/meddling grandfather helps marry off 3 of his grandsons to 3 very different lovely, independent women. The romance is steamy but not smutty. Even though this MacGregor series by Nora Roberts is quite old, I'm now motivated to go back and read the rest of the books in the series!
Sep 21, 2010 Sonide rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I ead this book because it was recommended by a close friend of mine. I loved it! I fell in love with the close family bond throughout the whole story. MacGregor, a meddling grandfather, but loving, and means well, goes on a hunt to find his "now ready for marriage" grandsons beautiful brides to keep his strong family line growing; While trying to keep it a secret from everyone because if they knew it would his head :). Three Beautiful love stories that one could relate to.
Feb 02, 2011 Pamela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of a number of books involving members of the same family. This one tells short stories of three of the men of the MacGregor clan. The stories detail how their grandfather sets their perfect love match in the way so they meet, fall in love, and eventually marry. There is a tiny bit of conflict (of course) but it is short-lived. They each are nice, little love stories but a tad mellow with no mishaps or mystery involved. Simple Romances.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Ambushed! (McCalls' Montana #3)
  • The Manning Brides (Those Manning Men, #1-2)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • The Viking Takes a Knight (Viking I, #9)
  • Family Man
  • Beyond The Boardroom (Dynasties: The Elliotts #12)
  • Nora Roberts
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The MacGregors (9 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)