Start by marking “Traditions from the Heart” as Want to Read:
Traditions from the Heart

Traditions from the Heart

When Aaron finds out Ben is missing out on some important Christmas traditions to be with him, he starts thinking of ways to give Ben new ways to observe the holiday. Can a homemade bear, a friend-made video, and a sock-eating goat become the traditions that keep Ben and Aaron together?
Published December 1st 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Traditions from the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traditions from the Heart

Serena Yates
Dec 16, 2013 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This story is as much about true love and acceptance as it is about Christmas. The holiday is the setting that brings about Aaron and Ben's increased closeness as they work their way through the "minefield" of their first Christmas together. It is clear they have very different personalities, but they clearly fit well together. As long as they can work out which of their families' traditions they're going to make their own.

Aaron is a lawyer, and likes things "just so". Clean and orderly, keeping
Tam
Dec 27, 2012 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, christmas-story
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

This was a sweet story about an established couple. Aaron traditionally spends Christmas with his sister and a group of friends who have no where to go, rather than with his rich father. Christmas has never been much of a big deal. However, this is his first Christmas with Ben who has lots of family traditions and usually spends Christmas with his mom and uncle on the family farm, along with his best friend/roommate Will and his mom and the fa
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was such a sweet, and slightly sappy, story. Filled with fluff, it was adorable seeing Aaron get all flustered and eventually seeing what he goes through to get Ben a present that's just for him. I enjoyed it very much and while the characters aren't that developed, the relationship between Aaron and Ben was just a dose of fun happiness. They were still in the honeymoon stage with starry eyes and it was just a very cute story. Definitely wished it had been much longer and had more details ...more
Anke
Dec 26, 2012 Anke rated it liked it
Shelves: dsp-advent-2012
No idea what I think about this story, so I stay with the golden middle - 3 stars.
Susan65
Dec 27, 2012 Susan65 rated it really liked it
I loved this....an awesome combo of innocent and naughty.
Elle
Jul 22, 2013 Elle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I generally don't read anything that I know already has an established relationship but I can't resist the lure of Bru Baker and her absolutely amazing writing.

I adored the style of this book. It was cheeky. I will admit my mind went to the dirtiest place possible when Baker talked about Aaron and his quest to buy a present. I think you even get more out of this book if you ignore the blurb mostly and read it with open eyes.

It's very short but it really packs a punch and I highly recommend it.
Lucy
Dec 14, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
This is the lightest and fluffiest of holiday stories. It’s really short so there isn’t a ton of character development nor much in the way of plot. It’s just a short little vignette into the Christmas of Aaron and Ben and the incredibly adorable way they spend Christmas. Cat. Just too cute.
Ami
Cute enough but not memorable. I did like the stuffed animals for a gift, that particular scene made me smile.
Pete W
Dec 28, 2012 Pete W rated it really liked it
Very cute story filled with funny lines, smart ass comments, and sweet gestures of A&B.

In this short story, we got secret Christmas shopping, hidden camera video, fun in the snow action, and reminiscence. We also got a glimpse of the MCs' personalities, some of their friends and their live together. It would be fun to read more about how they met, how their friends meddling got them together and how much they gloat that over Aaron :P.
Susan
Dec 26, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
This was a really sweet story. Ben and Aaron are settling into their first Christmas together, learning about each other's traditions and making new ones of their own. The part about Cat made me laugh as I spent what seemed like 2 hours on Christmas Day changing the clothes on my niece's Build-A-Bear rabbit,) Oh, and there's nothing strange about saving gift bags for next year's presents!
Shannon Pendleton
Dec 05, 2012 Shannon Pendleton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-m-m
I read it twice, I loved it so much! 'Traditions from the Heart' is what I like to call the perfect "fuzzy sweater" story. It's best read in front of a crackling fire with a mug of hot chocolate while nestled down under a warm blanket. What's not love about a well-written romance with a steamy side of sex?
Jen
Despite some questionable prose construction, I really enjoyed this story. I had no idea where it was going at first, but it took a turn that surprised and delighted me.

There were some genuinely laugh-out-loud hilarious moments, and some very sweet, tender moments. I loved Ben and Aaron's opposites-attract dynamic.

Meggie
Dec 27, 2012 Meggie rated it really liked it
This short Christmas story is really sweet and full of true meaning of Christmas, Love. I liked it a lot, even if it's to short. I wouldn't mind reading a real longer version of Aaron and Ben romance. About how they met, etc.
Sadonna
Aug 28, 2014 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, holidays
This is a cute and sweet story about a couple of guys spending Christmas together. Very enjoyable read.
Melanie
Jan 04, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars

Warmhearted, sappy, perfect reading for the holidays.

Hearts On Fire Reviews

Jan 02, 2013 Isabel added it
Shelves: 2013
Moui. Cute.
Clover
Clover rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
itmfiddler
itmfiddler rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Helen Shaw
Helen Shaw rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
melek
Nov 20, 2014 melek rated it it was amazing
Such a cute story full of fluff and surprise gifts hidden cameras such a Christmas to remember.
Marge
Marge rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Lada
Lada rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Janm
Janm rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Donnerhall
Dec 26, 2012 Donnerhall rated it liked it
I really liked the bear part!
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Bookbee
Bookbee rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Bru Baker got her first taste of life as a writer at the tender age of four when she started publishing a weekly newspaper for her family. What they called nosiness she called a nose for news, and no one was surprised when she ended up with degrees in journalism and political science and started a career in journalism.

Bru spent fifteen years writing for newspapers before making the jump to fiction
More about Bru Baker...