Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #2)

Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Genevieve Labreck is back with a score to settle. Her mom has been kidnapped by Zane, hybrid and all-around monster. Rumors fly that Gen’s mom is holed away in Prague, a city recognized by humans for its serene beauty and intense culture, but Gen and Will know something humans don’t. Prague is haunted by dark, evil forces.
Can Gen and Will save her mom, or will they be too...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Blood Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Blood Moon

Ashley
Shadow Of The Blood Moon is the sequel to Ties Of The Blood Moon which I loved. So I had very high hopes for the sequel. I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest. Robin brought everything I loved from the first one and even more to the second book. There were so many twists and turns. My head is still spinning from the ending. I don’t think I can’t wait to long for the third installment in this series. I need to know what becomes of Genevieve, William, and everyone else.

I absolutely loved this bo...more
Liberty Ann (SnifferWalkBooks) Ireland
Moving from Ties to the Blood Moon to beginning reading Shadow of the Blood Moon felt more like I had flipped the page and moved on to the next chapter than having started reading a physically different book. It was seamless. This book was just as exciting, action packed and good at sucking you in as the first one was and I was super curious to see where our characters would go from here.

The Good: Gen,William and company journeyed on to meet up with the head Vamp and their trials and tribulation...more
Jennifer Bielman (Bad Bird Reads)
From http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

At A Glance
Shadow of the Blood Moon kept my interest but I was rolling my eyes half the time because of the immaturity of the characters and their actions.

The Good
I think what makes Shadow of the Blood so interesting is that even with its faults, I still found myself glued to the pages. I hated most the characters but still felt emotionally involved in their lives. I don't know how Robin does it.

Shadow of the Blood Moon is great when it comes to sus...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

After Robin left me completely wanting more at the conclusion of Book #1, Ties to the Blood Moon, I couldn't help but dive into Shadow of the Blood Moon immediately.

Picking up right where Ties to the Blood Moon left off, Gen and gang are on a mission to set things right within the supernatural community and fulfill her destiny as the Adlet Princess, despite all of the changes in plan that took place during book #1 (you're just goi...more
Michaela McGregor
The author, Robin Waldrop, hit her stride with this one. No one can compare this book to the Twilight Series (not without losing all credibility). The story is unique and riveting. There are enough action and plot twists to keep anyone turning the page. The characters were very well developed and scene description was vivid.

Gen has grown up a lot. I could relate to her much better than in the first book. Her feelings and reactions are no longer completely self-involved. Gen’s struggle over deci...more
S.M. Blooding
Honestly, I’ve never read a book 2 that transitioned so seamlessly from one to the other. Literally, I finished reading Ties to the Blood Moon, and then stepped right into Shadow. There was very little backstory that I had to sift through, but at the same time, I feel pretty confident that if you started in Shadow, you’d still get it.

There is So. Much. Going. On. In. This. Book! O…M…W!! Granted, it took me awhile to pull myself through the airport. I was…annoyed with Gen. Seriously annoyed, but...more
Megan
When I started reading this book I knew what I was getting into, I loved the first book, and I couldn’t wait to see what Gen William Joseph and Luna were about to get into this time. And although I loved the first book in this series, this book was so much better!

In this book we get to learn a bit more about Gen’s family as well as meet a few new characters. But the part I loved most is that the author was able to make you want to believe the people of Prague actually believe in Vampires and Wer...more
Sandra
I began reading this book almost immediately after finishing the first (which I loved) and once again I could not put this book down.
Robin is an excellent story teller and although usually I can sort of tell how a story is going to pan out in this instance I could not predict the many twists and turns this story would take.
There are many unexpected events (I will not spoil it for you by telling you them) and I really recommend that if you are a lover of Paranormal Romance and all stories relatin...more
Nickcole
I received this book as a R2R from the Lovers of Paranormal Group.

Stars: 5

Overall: OMG ; I still can't get over how this book ended. I felt like i was given all the answers and BAM book 2 done. This book was just AMAZING and I'm still unsure how to describe it. lol The action was incredible and heart stopping at times. Ms. Waldrop's writing made me feel like i was right in the middle of the action, fighting with them trying to save the world from one VERY crazy man. My only con was the romance...more
Nicole
Mar 08, 2013 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nicole by: Robin Waldrop
Shadow of the Blood Moon came out MUCH better than the first book! This is a case where the author begins to shine more and more as she goes. The characters are much more easier to identify with. The story line flows so much better and you can delve into this one easily. In the first book, it was a little harder to do that.

With that said, this definitely takes little twists and turns! Especially when you find out (view spoiler)...more
Julie Darley (Never judge a Book by its Movie)
Oakies, I know I said in my review of Robin’s first Blood Moon book Ties to the Blood Moon that I didn’t know if I’d gotten over my burn out on the whole vampire/werewolves sagas. I know I said I was hesitant at picking up that one, well I was sent the 2nd by the author in exchange for an honest review (honestly, I was secretly pleased because I wanted to know what was going to happen with Gen & William, her Mom & Zane).

So the story picks up right where book one left us. The first chapte...more
Trini
This was an exciting sequel to the Blood Moon series. From the very first page you were thrown into the deep end of major chaos with little down time and heart racing scenes.

In this book our main characters, William and Gen travel to Prague in order to look for Gen’s mom who has been kidnapped. What they find there in Prague is more than what they were looking for. This story starts out with William doubting Gen’s innocents about major news worthy incidences. His actions lead Gen to attempt to s...more
Anna
What the heck was that ending!?! Talk about a cliffhanger, I almost lost it when I'm reading Genevieve's letter and getting all choked up and I flip my page and I see "For more see Book 3..." UGHHHH!!!!! ;)

Anyway, this was a FANTASTIC continuation of a the first book. I loved how Robin Waldrop continued to keep me at the edge of my seat and still throw in a surprise or two.

OMGOODNESS William, he's SO AWESOME and I missed him lots in this book, I wanted MORE amazing scenes between him and Genevie...more
Valerie
This book starts off with Genevieve and William traveling to the country of Prague continuing their search for Zane and her mother. Genevieve has become extremely strong and has attracted the attention of elder of the Alamric Laszlo. When Laszlo finds out she is indeed a Rafe he deems her to much of a threat and wants her dead. Now Genevieve , Luna, Joseph, and William have to fight their way out of Prague alive only to find out William will not be returning with them as he is going to try to ta...more
Michelle Birbeck
(Review by Ange for Short, Sweet, and Snappy)
I was given a free review copy of this book and no money has exchanged hands for this review. And after reading book two without reading book one first I was incredibly confused incredibly quickly. You really need to read the first book in this series before attempting this book. Reason being is this book follows on immediately after the events in book one. This again is not a genre I would normally read and it is not pitched for adults. This did impa...more
Stacy {Texas Reader}
ARC provided by author for review via smashwords.

This story deserves 4 stars for the fast paced, action packed storyline alone. It moves quickly with a pace that keeps your attention. The plot is well written, and keeps you on your toes. I kept thinking, where do they get all this energy to keep running back and forth across the globe? They are teenagers, duh?!? Gen's band of warriors fill in the banter with humor, tears, and equal amounts of teen drama. They jump first, then think afterward, mu...more
Helena
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review.

There's so much I want to say, but I don't want to leave spoilers. This book picks up right as the first left and was just as action packed. I loved the entry of the newest foe and the battle that followed. Often when books take a completely new setting, I get a bit turned off. The author did a great job at making the change in setting very smooth and enjoyable.

There were so many aspects of this book that were so vague upon ent...more
Naty ♥
Date I started it: 12/26
Date I finished it: 12/30
Genre: Paranormal/ Paranormal Romance / Young Adult
Overall: Excellent book, full of suspense
Stars: 5 out of 5

I was given this book by the author in exchange of an honest review.

Well, what can I say? This book was even better than the first one, it's full of suspense and twists in the story that makes you read page after page to see what will happen next, and surely after you finish it you will dying to read the next one and see how the story cont...more
Siva Kumar S A
I liked the story of "Shadow of Blood moon" minus the romance part I still couldn't like the love triangle.Gen is flawed but in some ways that make the book distinct she is brave but doesn't know her limits or the consequence of her actions ,quick tempered and not the smartest of the group but manages to patch tings up and leads the team in their quest to save her mother.
There are some serious twists and a special new character that was unexpected,Over all the story is quite entertaining.
The sto...more
Alisia
I really liked this book. I loved the first one and in this one I got to see more of what happened and I got to know the characters better. We also got to meet some new ones. One thing that drove me crazy was how Joseph treated Gen. He was hot then cold then hot. Then when we meet her sister, he would jump back and forth between them. Aghh,I wanted to pull my hair out! Yes, I know that Gen had William but still Joseph shouldn't be all over the place like that. Oh wait, Gen did the same thing but...more
Claire
Shirley
This book was one heck of a roller coaster ride! In this book Gen and Will are off to find her mother! And from there things just get out of control. There are lies, and fights and everything under the sun. Gen and William go through due to something things and Joseph is there to Win Gen's love and thus the ever confusing love triangle, I love this series but I wish she just loved William or at least picked one. I'm tired of love triangles. That was the only drawback for me. Otherwise I loved ev...more
Jessica(WonderlandReviews)
This was one of those books that I found I couldn't put down, it was so hard to drag myself up for air and remember which world was real.

It was really hard for me to get into it at first, a part of it being I started back to work and I had to get into the groove of thing's then, and at first I won't lie I wasn't sure that I was going to like it due to the fact that it seemed like parts of the book needed a little bit more time to develop. It was still beautifully written and one I will recommen...more
Ann Marie
Loved the 2nd book - can't wait for the 3rd

I had to download this to my kindle as soon as I finished the first book, Ties to the Bloodmoon. Leaving off right where the first book ended, it has just as many twists and a lot of pleasant surprises. It also includes more history of the legend started in the first book. The description of Prague is well woven into this continuing story. Additionally, I enjoyed learning more about the main characters. I can’t wait for the 3rd book so I can continue Ge...more
Allyson
I loved how book two left off right where book one ended not many book do and can make it exciting still, Loved all twists and turns during this book that I didn't see coming.I loved all the other characters in this series! Definitely read this book if you love wolf action. Thank you so much Robin Waldrop for letting me read your books for an honest review. Can't wait to read more from you!
LorettaLynn
I loved book one quit a lot. But this one was not what I was hopping for. I still enjoyed reading it. But something was missing I cant quit put my finger on it.
I think It was Genevieve she just didn’t pull off what I was hoping for.
However this is still a good story and maybe when I read it again in the future it might be different.

So im going to have give it 3 stars.
Jessica
This was a fun and exciting read! It was full of twists and turns that I definitely did not see coming. The only thing that grated on my nerves was Gen's attitude in this one! I hope that she gets that straightened out in the next one, but I loveeee all the other characters in this series! Definitely recommend if you are down for some wolfy fun!
Maryanne
Mar 07, 2013 Maryanne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone grade 9 and up
Shelves: done
I loved it , was a great follow up to Ties to the Blood Moon and there were a lot of twists and turns. All of the old characters, and then there were more and then more excitement. I cannot believe how everything just feel into place . Robin is a great story teller and i can't wait to read Crest of the Blood Moon to find out what happens.
April Alvey
Wow this book is amazing i love it just as much as i do the first one. Once again i am captivated. I am in love with gen's family they know what it takes to protect one another. All I can say is you have got to read this series its the best vampire werewolf books ever. This Book Is Really amazing I Love It You Have Got To Read It.
Shalena
This is a book that I have to remind myself, "breathe". Genevieve continues to search out her mom while fighting for true love. Will it be William or Joseph?

Just as in Ties, Waldrop continues to keep me on the edge of my seat at every page turn. You never know what unexpected surprise will come up!
Book Giveaways: Shadow of the Blood Moon eBook Giveaway 2 9 Nov 03, 2012 10:35AM
  • Emily's Trial (Akasha Chronicles, #2)
  • Insanity (The Vampire's Heart, #1)
  • Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
  • A Magical History (The Mauve Legacy, #1)
  • Forbidden Life (The Forbidden Trilogy, #3)
  • Determinant (The Guardians of Vesturon, #3)
  • Malevolence (Legacy of Kilkenny, #2)
  • The Genesis (Blood of Ages, #1)
  • Deliver Me from Temptation (Paladin Warriors, #2)
  • Catching Stardust
  • The Silver Cross (Vampire Nightlife, #1)
  • La Biblia de los Caídos. Tomo 0
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
  • Touch (A Reaper Novella)
  • Libera Me (Requiem, #2)
  • Justice (The Ferryman and the Flame, #2)
  • The Gatekeeper's Daughter (Gatekeeper's Saga, #3)
  • Taken by the Passion (The Academy Series #3)
I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, business owner, and author of YA/Urban Fantasy paranormal novels. TIES TO THE BLOOD MOON is book 1 in my series and is available on all digital sites, and also print and audio as well. Book 2 is finished and will be out in August.

You can read my reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Smashwords, and B&N.

I'd love to hear from you.
robinpwaldrop@gmail.com
More about Robin P. Waldrop...
Ties to the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #1) Crest of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #3) Finding Hope Twisted Lost Hope