Start by marking “Rising Storm (Bluegrass Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rising Storm (Bluegrass Brothers, #2)

Rising Storm (Bluegrass Brothers #2)

4.4  ·  Rating Details ·  4,400 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
Published August 17th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rising Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rising Storm

Cj Millar
Jan 23, 2013 Cj Millar rated it liked it
I do enjoy all of Kathleen Brook's books, however they tend to have a few major flaws that I feel need to be pointed out in all honesty. The plots are often incredibly far fetched (from dog fighting rings to mass murder conspiracies, I've never seen so much center around one small town - and I've lived in several!). Some of the date were wrong (she mentioned Keenland Yearling Sales but had the wrong dates). And worst, typos, misspellings, and error abound. This is probably the most frustrating ...more
Musing
Feb 11, 2013 Musing rated it liked it
Rising Storm by Kathleen Brooks, was once again, a book I really wanted to love. I have adored the characters in this series. They have been funny, loveable, and gutsy - especially the heroines. If you enjoy cute, predictable books, you will love this series.

Katelyn and Marshall were fun to read. Especially reading normally unflappable Marshall caught with his pants down. Good times!

I just started to find a few unbelievable bumps that caused distraction. The quick healing from what could be f
Kelsey
Jan 23, 2013 Kelsey rated it liked it
I enjoyed the read and the love story, and also liked that the frisky business was kept behind the scenes, and not flaunted like you see in so many books today. Not the best book I'd ever read, but entertaining, and the premise was something new to me.
Toni
Nov 20, 2016 Toni rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Brooks is amazing! These Bluegrass books just get better and better.

The Davies brothers are all top of the line maleness. Handsome, ex military muscle, brains, and good looks. This book introduces Marshall, the new Sheriff of Keeneston and the most eligible bachelor in town- officially named so by the local newspaper.

Katelyn Jacks is a former model from New York City who returns to Keeneston to open her own veterinary clinic. But how is she going to get the town to take her seriously wh
Deborah
Love these brothers!!!!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

I swear these books just keep getting better and better, with each one I read I wonder if this will be the one that lets me down but, Rising Storm by Kathleen Brooks is an awesome read and has no chance of letting me or anyone else down!

Katelyn Jacks moved to Keeneston, Kentucky to be close to her grandparents and to open a veterinarian clinic. She’s a hotel heiress who refuses to have anything to do with her father’s lavish lifestyl
Melissa
Sep 25, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rising Storm

I'll admit that this was a hard read for me. I hate the thought of dog fighting and would love to pretend it doesn't exist. Having said that I still couldn't read this book fast enough! On to the next book to see what's in store for Keeneston!!
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
The story was great. The premise original! Had GREAT POTENTIAL but flopped! One facet was very flawed & I couldn't get past it!

Keep in mind that I read over 200 books a year, so I'm thinking of all the others when I say this…

Even though this was a clean/non descriptive romance… It could still have been perfect! However!!! The way the author touched on the sex/one night stands was lacking steps! Fell off a cliff! Non descriptive! One minute she's drinking & the next she's naked in someone
Diana Hockley
Aug 05, 2013 Diana Hockley rated it really liked it
Cruelty to animals is something which drives me insane with rage. That this novel has tracking down and defeating dog-fighting as its main plot is refreshing and long needed.

The main characters are lively and engaging - I liked that the heroine is a vet - and of course the sexy sheriff is traditional of this genre. There is some sadness in the story, but this is over-set by the triumphant ending.

One aspect of the book made me irritable and this was the townsfolk and grandparents' penchant for
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 28, 2014 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it
Awesome Book! Fantastic

Katelyn Jacks was used to being front and center as a model. But she never had to confront the Keeneston Grapevine! After retiring from the runway and returning to town to open a new animal clinic, Katelyn found that her life in the public eye was anything but over. While working hard to establish herself as the new veterinarian in town, Katelyn finds her life uprooted by a storm of love, gossip, and a vicious group of criminals.

Marshall Davies is the new Sheriff in Keenes
Laurel
Jan 23, 2013 Laurel rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I have been waiting for Katelyn and Marshall’s book since we first met her in Dead Heat and Marshall quickly stepped in it. I don’t usually enjoy the enemies to lovers theme in books but Kathleen handles it very well. Their animosity is not based in reality but in misconception which I find more believable than people with truly deep differences who suddenly decide to be in love. Mr. & Mrs. Wyatt were fabulous too. I knew I would like Ruth Wyatt when we met her in Dead ...more
Starla
Jan 23, 2013 Starla rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Kathleen Brooks has done it again. I enjoyed learning more about Marshall and getting to meet Katelyn. It was wonderful to read about all the familiar characters in Keenestown. I always laugh at what the Rose sisters are up to! I also liked getting to hear more about Ahmed, I hope we get to hear his story someday. I look forward to the stories for Miles, Pierce, and Cy. I wondered about who would compliment Marshall after what had been written about him in the other books and ...more
Sandra Lancaster
This book seemed a little rushed to me in the end. I really liked it in the beginning. Was loving the interaction between Katelyn and Marshall, but then their relationship seemed to rush forward without me really feeling that it had time to develop. The storyline about the dog-fighting seems to be the center of the story, while their relationship isn't given the time it deserves. Don't get me wrong, I do think that Katelyn and Marshall are a great couple, just wish more time had been devoted to ...more
Lucy
Apr 25, 2013 Lucy rated it it was amazing
I have loved and really enjoyed all Kathleen Brooks Books but i have to say i think this book is my favouite, I loved that both Marshell and Katelyn disliked each other but there was also a connection that they couldn't explain, but with the help of special ice tea on more than on occasion they ended up waking up together, they both fight their feelings for each other while getting court up in a dog fighting ring, Marshell being town sheiff is trying to get to the bottom of the ring and find the ...more
Natalie Townsend
Jan 04, 2014 Natalie Townsend rated it it was amazing
Wow another great story from Kathleen Brooks. This is the second book in the Bluegrass Brothers series where Marshall and Katelyn tackle the subject of organised dog fighting. There were times in the book that made me sad especially when it came to the dogs and how they discarded them after the fighting. There were a few hilarious moments with Bob. What a clever dog, his personality suit Marshall very well. It was good to see all the town come together to put an end to this horrible act. It took ...more
Jane
Jan 23, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
I have read all of these books and have really loved them all. They are very sweet stories with a good bit of suspense. I love the small town atmosphere which seems to add some humor to the stories. I especially loved the Wyatts! There were adorable. My only complaint with this one was I would like to have seen even more interaction between Marshall and Kaitlyn. I felt like too much of the time was spent with them having silly misunderstandings. Call me a romantic. Now I am very anxious to read ...more
Katy
Feb 01, 2013 Katy rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this contemporary romance series. The Davies family of Keeneland, Kentucky, are not your average next door family. The grown chiildren are involved in either the military or law in some sort of fashion. When model turned vet Katelynn opened her practice here, she didn't realuze where her attraction to the sheriff Marshall Davies would lead. And too, how they would be instrumental in exposing a dog fighting ring.

The world if doggfighting. As I learned from the story, it is very mu
Tess
Jan 23, 2013 Tess rated it it was amazing
Coming home again to Keeneston!

Definately a must read in Kathleen Brooks' Bluegrass series!!

Marshall Davies is now the sherriff - and he just cannot help himself from picking on former model now vet Katelyn Jacks.

Could Marshall have a bit more competition then he can handle as
Katelyn and Ahmed get closer while she tends to a dog brutally mauled
and used in an international dog-fighting ring?

I think this is the best yet in the Bluegrass series! I absolutely loved this book! I chuckled outloud
Kathy L
Jan 23, 2013 Kathy L rated it it was amazing
This is Kathleen Brooks fifth book in the Bluegrass series and she did a fantastic job. Marshall Davies is the next to fall out of the race as eligible bachelor in Keeneston. Katelyn Jacks is just the woman to take him down. Marshall recently became the sheriff of the town. Kate is the new vet in town. Keeneston becomes a hot spot for dog fighting once it's brought to the attention of Kate after fixing up a dog that Ahmed found on Mo's property. The drama and action takes off from there. We get ...more
Carien
Sep 01, 2015 Carien rated it really liked it
I like Brooks' writing. It is easy to read and have great characters. The love/hate relationship here is amusing and the inherent threat of physical harm from the outside will keep you on the edge of your seat till the end.
Marshall is such a darling and Ahmed's kind heart makes me wish he finds love and redemption. Brooks has also laid the foundation for the next book by weaving hints into this story.
What I really liked about the ending was the way we were kept in suspense till the very end befo
Cynthia
Jan 23, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
I have been anxiously waiting for the release of Rising Storm and bought it for my Kindle the moment I realized it was available! It was fantastic, just as all of Kathleen's books are. The suspense and action that are worked into the romance is addicting and all encompassing. I literally couldn't but it down! Who knew that's little, quaint Keenston could be such a dangerous and exciting place to live? Five stars, all the way. Seperb writing, Kathleen! I cant wait for the next one.
Sharon
Jan 23, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I found this book very entertaining... if your an animal lover and love to laugh and like to love... this is the book for you.. it has small town charm and comedy and after reading this book I realized its a book with others before it and after it.. this one is the second book of the series.... so NOW I will go back... read the first one and then the other two after this one... I REALLY REALLY liked it.
Samantha
Jan 23, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I Really was suprised I loved it as much as I did...I am a vet tech and hate reading about sad things and things like dog rings make my blood boil! But It was super tastefully done.. only really felt uneasy once while reading but the story was amazing as usual! This author is awesome and cant wait to hear the rest of the books she comes out with! I do hope that Ahmed is the eye of one of them I love him!
Theresa
Jan 23, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Racy beginning: Book 2 of the brothers series - was surprised when the book started out as a drunked one night stand, but enjoyed the romance and mystery of what happened next to the hero and heroine. Can't wait for book 3!

Merged review:

Julie Smith
Aug 30, 2013 Julie Smith rated it really liked it
I had a very hard time reading this book. I am a dog lover and to read about the dog fights were tearing me up. There was a couple of times I almost stopped reading, but then I would get caught up in the romance of the book. Without the romance and some hilarious scenes I would have stopped reading. I really do love how this town stands behind their own and welcomes the newbies coming in. I am looking forward to reading on. :)
Sunny
Jan 23, 2013 Sunny rated it liked it
It was ok. Nothing that was amazing. I did like seeing other character from other books in this one. I just felt like things were taken to lightly when it was a serious matter. Nana and papa were hilarious and so cute. I wanted them to be my grandparents. I think this will be my last bluegrass book. I need a little something more from the books. I'll try re read it one more time and see if the second time around I might like it better.
Nancy
Loved it!!

Each book of this series can be read alone, but have a flow to them that benefits the reader if they are read in order.....

If you love southern hospitality and a small town feel that offers some drama and a whole lot of heart, then this book and this series is for you! Highly recommended!!
Linda Lois Colvin
Thank you, Kathleen Brooks, for another fantastic book in the series!

Thank you, Kathleen Brooks, for another fantastic book in the series!

As is always the case, with the books of Kathleen Brooks...AGAIN...an extremely entertaining "page turner!" It is also really nice to read about characters where I live.
Christy
Another cute story in the Bluegrass series. I liked the chemistry between Marshall and Katelyn, and of course, was excited to see all of the other characters in the series. I also liked the dog-fighting plot line and the twist at the end. I'm not sure if I would have liked this one quite as much if I weren't already so invested in the series, but since I am, it was great.
  • The Game of Seduction (Arrington Family #2)
  • Season for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #6)
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
  • Bedding the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #3)
  • The Mackenzies: Dane, Thomas, Riley, Cooper
  • Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana, #1)
  • Dreams of Forever: Seduction, Westmoreland Style\Spencer's Forbidden Passion
Kathleen Brooks is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author. Kathleen's stories are romantic suspense featuring strong female heroines, humor, and happily-ever-afters. Her Bluegrass and Bluegrass Brothers Series feature small town charm with quirky characters while her Women of Power Series shows that behind every sexy billionaire is a man strong enough to love her!

K
More about Kathleen Brooks...

Bluegrass Brothers (6 books)
  • Bluegrass Undercover (Bluegrass Brothers, #1)
  • Acquiring Trouble (Bluegrass Brothers, #3)
  • Relentless Pursuit (Bluegrass Brothers, #4)
  • Secrets Collide (Bluegrass Brothers, #5)
  • Final Vow (Bluegrass Brothers, #6)

“Ah! His day just got brighter. Marshall had to admit, he was having a lot of fun tormenting Katelyn. There was nothing that made him laugh harder than to see her dive behind a car when she saw him coming.” 1 likes
“the only people who point out the finer points of life, while looking down their nose at others, are the ones who are too new to money to know better than to behave so poorly!” 1 likes