Start by marking “Simpsons Comics Supernova” as Want to Read:
Simpsons Comics Supernova

Simpsons Comics Supernova

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  86 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Not even the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns can hold a candle to Simpsons Comics Supernova, the new comic collection from Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons, Futurama, and the comic strip Life in Hell.

Illustrated in full color, Simpsons Comics Supernova features many of the regular characters from the longest-running sitcom in television history. Explore th
Published February 5th 2013 by Harper Design (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Simpsons Comics Supernova, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simpsons Comics Supernova

Johann Schwiesow
Oct 06, 2016 Johann Schwiesow rated it it was amazing
Simpsons Comics Supernova by Matt Groening. this book was a series of short stories about the Simpsons an american Family that is known for their cartoon television show that has been on for nearly 30 years. In this 120+ page book there were 10 or so stories, these stories are also Tv episodes. I really like an easy read because I am not the person that gets into a book. I only read this book during the Mandatory 15 minutes of Reading at the beginning of class.
♥Magic Wonderland☯♥☮
Mar 27, 2015 ♥Magic Wonderland☯♥☮ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Simpsons Fans
Shelves: humour

No power on Earth can contain the explosive popularity of The Simpsons. Join the family as we illuminate the intimate relationship between a man and his sofa. Ride the shockwaves as Mr. Burns takes the Simpsons on a South Seas adventure in search of lost treasure. Watch Marge eclipse the hard-nosed newscaster Kent Brockman with her eternally optimistic worldview. Springfield's funniest family will lift you up and leave you weightless with levity.
Terry Collins
Mar 25, 2015 Terry Collins rated it liked it
Solid comics with clever writing. Great for readers of all ages, although adults will enjoy tales such as "UNCLE BURN$" (which is a fun spoof of the work of Carl Barks) on an entirely different level. Bonus points for Evan Dorkin's tale of toy collector madness "Down in the Dumps," which finds Bart, Milhouse and Comic Book Guy attempting to find a lost treasure horde of thrown away pop culture collectibles hidden in a secret lair of the Springfield Town Dump.
Jeff Raymond
I've gotten a bit away from The Simpsons in recent years, and while I know the comic adventures stray away quite a bit from the show in some key regards, this, like any sort of episodic, not-too-canon-and-not-too-linear comic, is hit and miss. Too often, it's the most all-over-the-place stories that end up having the most laughs, which isn't really great, but this is not like The Walking Dead or Saga in that you're looking for much more than escapism, either.
Earthingrocks
Nov 04, 2013 Earthingrocks rated it liked it
This was a fun collection of Simpsons comics. It all seems rather random on which issues were picked. Not in anyway do they relate to a theme or to the title of the book; Supernova. Also in the contents it lists The Duffman Cometh on page 85 yet this story is actually Lisa Simpson’s Book Club. I find this mistake puzzling considering how many people were involved in publishing this book. Still the comics are fun and easy to read.
Thebruce1314
Jun 26, 2014 Thebruce1314 rated it really liked it
I needed something mindless...and this delivered. I like that the Simpsons comics stay true to the show, in that I can hear the voices of the familiar characters in their words and actions. Lots of cultural references in this one - not sure how much kids would (or should) get out of this, but it was a fun read for me.
Isaac cambero
Apr 01, 2015 Isaac cambero rated it it was amazing
this book was great. it was really funny and i liked how it was a comic, I don't really have a favorite part because the whole book was so good.
Jon Hewelt
Jan 22, 2015 Jon Hewelt rated it really liked it
A better-than-average Simpsons comics compilation. I like the homage to classic Duck Tales, and the book parodies are particularly fun.
Lindsay
Oct 27, 2013 Lindsay rated it liked it
I felt like I was watching the show.....which made me realize i'd much rather watch it than read it..... it was still a really good read though :-)
Chris H
This is a comic book with the simpsons. In this comic there are many different stories that are really funny. I would recommend this book to people that like to read books that make them laugh.
Robin Conley
Oct 19, 2013 Robin Conley rated it liked it
The Simpsons are one of my random guilty pleasures. This comic is exactly like the show and delivers what you'd expect.
JoanVictoria
JoanVictoria rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Brian C. Morris
Brian C. Morris rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Dpalange44
Feb 15, 2014 Dpalange44 rated it really liked it
Fun easy read.
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Adina
Adina rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Shannon Gorst
Shannon Gorst rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Kaitlyn DuLaney
Kaitlyn DuLaney rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Aidan
Aidan rated it did not like it
Feb 29, 2016
Madkropotkin
Madkropotkin rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Adam Frior
Adam Frior rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Hussain3214
Hussain3214 rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Chanelle
Chanelle rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Dolley081
Dolley081 rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Kimmy
Kimmy rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Rick Schultz
Rick Schultz rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Leonard M. Schwartz
Leonard M. Schwartz rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Matthew Abram Groening is an American cartoonist, television producer and writer from Portland, Oregon.

Groening is best known as the creator of The Simpsons. He is also the creator of Futurama and the author of the weekly comic strip Life in Hell. Groening distributed Life in Hell in the book corner of Licorice Pizza, a record store in which he worked.

He made his first professional cartoon sale
More about Matt Groening...