Start by marking “Temptation's Heat (The Shadowguard, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temptation's Heat (The Shadowguard, #1)
Preview

Temptation's Heat (The Shadowguard #1)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  21 reviews
NY Times and USA Today best-selling author of LOSING IT, Cora Carmack says,"Before reading TEMPTATION'S HEAT, I wouldn't have thought it possible to create a paranormal romance with great characterization, interesting relationships, and strong world-building in only seventy pages. I'm happy to say Michelle Zink definitely proved me wrong! Scarlet was the ultimate kick-ass ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 61 pages
Published December 4th 2012 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Temptation's Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation's Heat

Riptide by Amber Lea EastonFire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa PetreshockHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeAnonymity by Amber Lea EastonSecondary Characters by Rachel Schieffelbein
Best Swoon Romance Book Cover of 2013
56th out of 302 books — 65 voters
How to Seduce a Band Geek by Cassie MaeHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeHow to Hook a Bookworm by Cassie MaeLove and Cupcakes by Susan Bishop CrispellFire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa Petreshock
Swoon Romance Novels
83rd out of 97 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Hbeebti
Very good start.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I am one of those people who absolutely love novellas just for the simple fact that I love to read but I don't always have time to sit down and read a novel. Novellas give me a taste of an author's writing style as well as a great feel for a series when it comes to prequels. And of course, I love those that are in between series as well. The ones that give us more of the story and just enough teasers to leave us longing for more.

In this case, the novellas are the story. Michelle Zink has manged
Michelle  novelsontherun
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 15th February 2013 :

RATING : 4 ROWEN RAWRRRR! STARS

I want to start by saying The Shadowguard series is a set of novellas. This book was around 61 pages long. I could have kept reading.... easily.

This is an introduction to the world Michelle is opening up to us and a romance thrown in with the gorgeous muscled Shadowguard Rowen Black and Scarlet ,the daughter of Ambrose Montgomery.

A treaty is in effect, the balance between forces of good and evil. Now we always like the
Frishawn Rasheed
YA fans the world over know Michelle Zink for other-worldly Gothic YA thrillers such as PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS or the truly epic angel themed A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS.
I am thrilled to report that Ms. Zink has seen fit to stretch her literary legs by exercising her considerable creative muscle on the adult side of things.

TEMPTATION'S HEAT is the first offering in her Shadowguard novella series. This series brings together great characters and heart-stopping action, both in and out of the bedroom.
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Note that this is a JOINT REVIEW of Temptation's Heat and Temptation's Kiss.

****FINAL RATING: 4.35 STARS****

CATCHALL
I'm very familiar with Michelle's YA writing, so when I heard she was writing some adult romance I knew I had to check it out and hope I would love it. I was most definitely not disappointed. These books are steamy, hot, and everything you need in a romance. They're a bit alpha-male-prototype, but that's part of what makes them so damn fun.

The characters occasionally make cross-a
Cynthia
Review posted on We All Make Mistakes In Books

Let's start with THIS IS HOT. Rowen is tall dark and Sexy, forget about handsome. Plus he's Scottish, he has an accent to die for!

Temptation's Heat is a short novella, the first in The Shadowuard Series, with action, sexual tension, mystery and great characters.

Rowan belongs to a secret group called the Shadow guard, they are what you'd call Angel, but they don't have wings or live on Heaven. Nope, they are like your regular neighbor... kinda. He's
Scarlet works hard to prove herself to the other warriors in the Shadowguard, she wants to be respected for her abilities and doesn't want anyone to give her an easy ride because she is the boss's daughter. This is particularly important when she could potentially become their leader in the future so she has a rule never to get involved with her colleagues. Rowen has just been assigned to the same Shadowguard unit as Scarlet, he has a bit of a reputation as a trouble maker and wants to use this ...more
Amber
My biggest complaint about Temptation's Heat was that it wasn't long enough!!! I could have read about Scarlet and Rowen for days!! The "Heat" was INTENSE!!! I love Michelle Zink's work in YA and now that she had moved onto Adult, just goes to show how much of an amazing author she truly is.

Rowen Black is the bad boy in the Shadowguard, known as one not to be tamed. He's not looking forward to having to be under Ambrose's authority, that is till he see's Scarlet, and boy does he got it bad. But
Christi Snow
My Review:
This was an interesting set-up for a series and I like the premise, but these books are VERY short, so there's not a lot of opportunity for follow-up. This particular book basically takes place over two days which in just about any romance, is just too freaking fast to know that you want to live with someone the rest of your life. I don't care how different this world is, and honestly, it didn't seem that different so that you would know that you want to spend the rest of your life wit
Novels On The Run
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 15th February 2013 :

RATING : 4 ROWEN RAWRRRR! STARS

Rebecca
I enjoyed the mythology of this trilogy of novellas more than the romance story. I love Michelle so so much and I really wanted to like these, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I think the thing that kind of bothered me was that all three novellas felt like the exact same story. Each one followed basically the same pattern. So by the time I got to the third book I almost didn't really feel like I needed to finish it.

However! I was absolutely FASCINATED by the mythos and the worldbuilding! I lo
Talk Supe
Braine's Talk Supe review

TEMPTATION'S HEAT is a great introduction to the Shadowguard world. Here we learn the myth behind these angelic descendants and the war they are waging against the wraiths and Legion's Blackguards to preserve the Alliance and protect humans. Aside from the well imagined world, the characters are fleshed out and intense. MZink picked the right pair of people to launch her series in Rowen and Scarlet (I think the names have a great hook too).

TEMPTATION'S HEAT is high in a
Michelle
After finishing, I felt like I needed more. I wanted more. The pacing felt off, like the story progressed at a really fast rate. But it could have just been my preference and what I wanted to read at the time.
Kate
it was pretty good, i kind of liked it but it was just so fleeting and the plot line didnt go anywhere it just seemed it was all about the heat of their romance, which, dont get me wrong, was addictive but also very quick to happen. i understand this is supposed to be short but there were so many loose ends that it just didnt measure up to my other 3 star books.

ill consider reading the rest of the series as a quick read but its not on the top of my list..by far. this was good to read before bed
Sophie Riggsby
Okay, there are only 128 pages in this steamy e-novella, but oh my does the chemistry between Scarlet and Rowen sizzle. Michelle sets up a complex world of angelic assassins (Shadowguards) and a mystery that might shatter a treaty between the angelic and demonic world. Scarlet and Rowen lead this investigation, but first they have to sort out their own attraction to each other.

I'm not a big paranormal romance reader, but this story had me clicking over to download the sequel novella.
Leanne
Despite the fact that this was a really short novella, I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to read the second in the Shadowguard series and have high hopes for future books written by Michelle Zink. I would have loved to see this as a full length novel, as I felt there was so much of this world left unexplored.
Shan
I liked it a lot. The chemistry between Scarlet and Rowen was immediate and off the charts. I only wish it had been a full novel because it ended too soon, but a great start to a new and intriguing series.
Emily Ferrell
A spin off of Temptation of an Angel, so good! A bit short but fun to read. Can't wait to read the next one!
Jessirae
A short sexy novella that makes you want more.
Nikki
Much too short. I want more. What happens next?
Jillian
Review coming soon.....
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Rowan Simetra
Rowan Simetra marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Helena
Helena marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sarai Ruke
Sarai Ruke marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Chayot (Secrets and Sins, #4)
  • The Governess Club: Sara (The Governess Club, #3)
  • Riding Steele: Untamed (Riding Steele, #2)
  • Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, #2)
  • Forsaken (Ancients of Light, #2)
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • Soda Pop Soldier: A Novel
  • Pleasured (Secrets of the Loch, #2)
  • My Lady Viper (Tales From the Tudor Court, #1)
  • The Wager (Entangled Scandalous)
  • Soul Survivor (Soul Stripper, #2)
  • Impulse Control (Men of the Zodiac)
  • The Lady's Disgrace (Marriage Mart Mayhem, #3)
  • The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance (Blud, #1.6)
  • I've Got My Duke to Keep Me Warm (The Lords of Worth, #1)
  • The Thief (The Living Water)
  • The Shogun's Daughter (Sano Ichiro, #17)
Michelle Zink is author of the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy, A Temptation of Angels, and This Wicked Game. Her next book, Lies I Told, releases Spring 2015.

Learn more on Michelle's blog at www.michellezink.com.

More about Michelle Zink...

The Shadowguard (3 books)
  • Temptation's Kiss (The Shadowguard, #2)
  • Temptation's Fire (The Shadowguard, #3)
Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2) A Temptation of Angels Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3) This Wicked Game