Start by marking “Last Night I Had a Laughmare” as Want to Read:
Last Night I Had a Laughmare

Last Night I Had a Laughmare

Judy Laufer's delightful new picture book, Last Night I Had a Laughmare, takes sleepyheads of all ages to a magical world of bedtime adventure where nothing is EVER quite what it seems! Clever rhymes and vivid imagery bring Laufer's delightful picture book to life with laugh-out-loud wit and adventure, making bedtime a magical time for sleepyheads of all ages as they ...more
Hardcover, First edition, 32 pages
Published November 14th 2012 by Little Egg Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Last Night I Had a Laughmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Night I Had a Laughmare

Kenya Wright
Hmmmm I was lucky to recieve a copy from netgalley. I thought this would be a picture book, but there were no pictures in it. Which made story time a bit difficult for my three young ones. The words and sentences were fun, but I believe a couple pictures splashed here and there would have been nice. I'm hoping this is just my netgalley copy and not the actual book.
Holly Letson
Dec 17, 2012 Holly Letson rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book is so adorable, with all its' opposites and beautiful bright-colored illustrations. It's very cute, and introduces children to a whole slew of fun and individual characters. It's a bit short, but I think any kid would love it.
-----------
Thanks much to Smith Publicity for providing me this book as an eBook, via NetGalley, to review. I loved it.
Karma♥Bites ^.~
() For reading out loud to a child, the major appeal of LAST NIGHT I HAD A LAUGHMARE by J. E. Laufer is its simple rhyming scheme—easy to read, with some clever and/or nonsensical combinations. Definitely had some chuckle moments!

THE GOOD: Cute, eye- and kid-friendly drawings which immediately captured a toddler's attention. Bright (but not garish) colors used very well to provide contrast and make certain things pop out. Not too long, so perfect as a settle-into-bed treat.

THE BAD: None really,
Lisa B.
Jul 21, 2013 Lisa B. rated it liked it
The rhyming of this was very cute.

I got this in e-book format and was surprised that there were no pictures to go along with the story. From other reviews I looked at, it does seem that there are pictures, so I'm not sure if this is just the e-book translation or what.

My suggestion would be to get this in paper format. The cute verse/story should not be missed!

Thanks to Smith Publishing, via Netgalley, for allowing me to view this in exchange for an unbiased review.
S Farneth
Mar 07, 2013 S Farneth rated it really liked it
Dr. Seuss meets Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, a delightful, silly, rhyming story sure to be a read and read again for the youngest of readers. The silly names, the fun pictures, the rhyming and the colorful images alld raw the reader into a story that is perfect for a fun and funny read to your child. Take time to explore Giggleville, each page is a silly adventure sure to bring a smile if not a giggle.

Rachel
Jan 24, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I got this from First Reads.

This is a fun book. It has bright and colorful pictures as well as language. Very imaginative. You can really get your imagination going with it.
Roy Wano
Roy Wano rated it it was amazing
Sade
Sade rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Janin
Janin marked it as to-read
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Lindsay Mccain
Lindsay Mccain marked it as to-read
Jose
Jose marked it as to-read
Suzanne Weber
Suzanne Weber marked it as to-read
Kim McHughes
Kim McHughes marked it as to-read
Michael Capp
Michael Capp marked it as to-read
Joy Adams
Joy Adams marked it as to-read
Emily Churchfield
Emily Churchfield marked it as to-read
Mandy Dobarro
Mandy Dobarro marked it as to-read
Christine Yvonne
Christine Yvonne marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Frank Martorana
Frank Martorana marked it as to-read
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Karen Gonyea
Karen Gonyea marked it as to-read
Karen Campbell
Karen Campbell marked it as to-read
Monique Depope
Monique Depope marked it as to-read
Amanda Torres
Amanda Torres marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Nataliexotchitl
Nataliexotchitl marked it as to-read
Mistelle Abdelmagied
Mistelle Abdelmagied marked it as to-read
Kellie Jones
Kellie Jones marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Ansuya
Ansuya marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Born in Budapest, Hungary, J.E. Laufer immigrated with her parents and brother to North America as a young child. An educator by trade, Judy has spent more than 25 years in early childhood education, her experience ranging from a decade in the classroom to program administration and curriculum development. Her first picture book, Where Did Papa Go?, is the recipient of the World Society of Poets’ ...more
More about J.E. Laufer...