Start by marking “Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager” as Want to Read:
Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager

Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager (The Notorious Coale Brothers #2)

"So what do you say to the wager, Miss Prentess? A diamond worth thousands against a night with me?"

No London beauty has managed to tame the incorrigible Jasper Coale, though many have lost their reputations trying. In sedate Bath on a family errand, the viscount expects to find little in terms of entertainment—certainly no female company to tempt him.

Miss Susannah Prentes
Published January 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager

Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth HoytSweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth HoytThe Leopard Prince by Elizabeth HoytThe Highwayman by Kerrigan ByrneCompromised by Kate Noble
Yellow Dress - Historical Romance
82nd out of 185 books — 23 voters
Simply Magic by Mary BaloghWill's True Wish by Grace BurrowesThe Rogue You Know by Shana GalenA Marquis to Marry by Amelia GreyBeauty and the Spy by Julie Anne Long
25th out of 60 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 05, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved the previous book in this series, Beneath the Major’s Scars, and as that featured a hero who had a twin, I just had to read the sequel. These books are both perfect Regency romances with all the best ingredients – handsome heroes, beautiful courageous heroines, wonderful settings and sparkling dialogue. While the first book was set in a gorgeous country house (with a library to die for!), this one takes place in my favourite town, Bath, which is perfectly described. All we nee ...more
Annie Burrows
Feb 12, 2013 Annie Burrows rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the authenticity of the setting, and the Rake's gradual softening towards the heroine, which I found touching.
Jan 11, 2015 Charis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Storyline was OK. Ending was uninteresting. Author could have put more thought into it instead of ending it just like that. Ending left me feeling huh? Really? Serious? As if the author is bored with her own storyline and just want to end it as soon as possible.
Apr 28, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed Jasper's tale! Susannah was an excellent heroine with unconventional ideas that she was not afraid to stand up for. She was really an admirable woman with a desire to do well for others. Jasper was a lucky man- and a good man! I enjoyed this just as much as his brother's tale. Great duet!
Jan 16, 2013 Tory rated it it was ok
Reading the blurb on the back I thought it was just the type of romance I like. But for something that was supposed to stir emotion, I found myself remaining detached and unable to connect properly with the characters.

Note: This book was received from Goodreads First Reads.
The story lacked depth and fluidity. I couldn't connect to the h/h and therefore didn't really care what was happening to them. Since its my first read by this author I persevered till the end in the hope of things picking up; alas.
Mar 27, 2013 Aina rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book, though it's hard for me to point out where it went wrong. Neither the H or the h intrigued me at all, and the first 1/3 was a drag to get through.
Angie Hardy
Dec 29, 2012 Angie Hardy rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I am a fan of historical romances and this one was no exception. I loved the sexual tension between Jasper & Susannah.

I received this book free from GoodReads.
Sharon Kennedy
Apr 21, 2013 Sharon Kennedy rated it liked it
Enjoyed this because of the setting but I do have to admit I wasn't overly concerned with the fate of the hero and heroine.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Notorious Coale Brothers
Category: Historical Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Notorious Coale Brothers
Category: Historical Romance
Feb 19, 2013 Lindy marked it as did-not-finish-skimmed-to-end
I liked his brother's story, but this one didn't work for me. DNF.
loisa added it
Oct 17, 2016
Sandra added it
Oct 06, 2016
Shayla marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Robin Chapman
Robin Chapman rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Jackie rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Nina added it
May 15, 2016
Natlie Maples
Natlie Maples marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Janice added it
Mar 28, 2016
Charlene Whitehouse
Charlene Whitehouse marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Tima marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Viola Prins
Viola Prins marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Beiza added it
Jan 16, 2016
Seema rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Debbie Diamond
Debbie Diamond marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
H L Rooney
H L Rooney rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 23, 2015 10:58AM
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • Never Trust a Rake
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • Born to Scandal
  • The Rake to Ruin Her
  • Mistress to the Marquis
  • The Last de Burgh (de Burgh, #7)
  • How to Ruin a Reputation (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #2)
  • Captive of the Border Lord (Brunson Clan Trilogy #2)
  • Forbidden Jewel of India (Herriard, #1)
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)
  • On Guard for Thee (War and Strife in 1812)
  • To Deceive a Duke
  • The Great Hollywood Double Hustle
  • The Texas Ranger's Daughter
Sarah Mallory is the pen name for Melinda Hammond.

Born in Bristol, England, UK, she grew up telling stories. She would make up adventures to relate to her school friends during break times and lunch hours, and she was once caught scribbling a story instead of listening to the French lesson. As a punishment, her teacher made her translate the story into French! She left school at sixteen and worked
More about Sarah Mallory...

The Notorious Coale Brothers (2 books)
  • Beneath the Major's Scars (The Notorius Coale Brothers, #1)