Start by marking “Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager” as Want to Read:
Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager

Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager (The Notorious Coale Brothers #2)

2.97 of 5 stars 2.97  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"So what do you say to the wager, Miss Prentess? A diamond worth thousands against a night with me?"

No London beauty has managed to tame the incorrigible Jasper Coale, though many have lost their reputations trying. In sedate Bath on a family errand, the viscount expects to find little in terms of entertainment—certainly no female company to tempt him.

Miss Susannah Prentes
Paperback
Published January 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager

Christina
I absolutely loved the previous book in this series, Beneath the Major’s Scars, and as that featured a hero who had a twin, I just had to read the sequel. These books are both perfect Regency romances with all the best ingredients – handsome heroes, beautiful courageous heroines, wonderful settings and sparkling dialogue. While the first book was set in a gorgeous country house (with a library to die for!), this one takes place in my favourite town, Bath, which is perfectly described. All we nee ...more
Annie Burrows
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the authenticity of the setting, and the Rake's gradual softening towards the heroine, which I found touching.
Carrie
I greatly enjoyed Jasper's tale! Susannah was an excellent heroine with unconventional ideas that she was not afraid to stand up for. She was really an admirable woman with a desire to do well for others. Jasper was a lucky man- and a good man! I enjoyed this just as much as his brother's tale. Great duet!
Tory
Reading the blurb on the back I thought it was just the type of romance I like. But for something that was supposed to stir emotion, I found myself remaining detached and unable to connect properly with the characters.

Note: This book was received from Goodreads First Reads.
Danae
The story lacked depth and fluidity. I couldn't connect to the h/h and therefore didn't really care what was happening to them. Since its my first read by this author I persevered till the end in the hope of things picking up; alas.
Aina
I didn't like this book, though it's hard for me to point out where it went wrong. Neither the H or the h intrigued me at all, and the first 1/3 was a drag to get through.
Angie Hardy
I am a fan of historical romances and this one was no exception. I loved the sexual tension between Jasper & Susannah.

I received this book free from GoodReads.
Sharon Kennedy
Enjoyed this because of the setting but I do have to admit I wasn't overly concerned with the fate of the hero and heroine.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Notorious Coale Brothers
Category: Historical Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Notorious Coale Brothers
Category: Historical Romance
Lindy
Feb 19, 2013 Lindy marked it as did-not-finish-skimmed-to-end
I liked his brother's story, but this one didn't work for me. DNF.
Charis
Charis is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Nia
Nia marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Born to Scandal
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • Some Like It Wicked (Daring Duchesses, #1)
  • Never Trust a Rake
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • Innocent Courtesan to Adventurer's Bride (The Transformation of the Shelley Sisters #3)
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Historical)
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Bartered Bride
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • Married: The Virgin Widow
  • Hattie Wilkinson Meets Her Match
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
Sarah Mallory is the pen name for Melinda Hammond.

Born in Bristol, England, UK, she grew up telling stories. She would make up adventures to relate to her school friends during break times and lunch hours, and she was once caught scribbling a story instead of listening to the French lesson. As a punishment, her teacher made her translate the story into French! She left school at sixteen and worked
More about Sarah Mallory...
Beneath the Major's Scars (The Notorius Coale Brothers, #1) Dangerous Lord Darrington Lady Beneath the Veil More Than a Governess Wicked Captain, Wayward Wife