Start by marking “Risk of Ruin” as Want to Read:
Risk of Ruin

Risk of Ruin

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The first work of fiction to be released by well-known gambling expert and author Arnold Snyder, Risk of Ruin is about a biker/professional blackjack player who becomes obsessed with a stripper who believes she's God.

Risk of Ruin is a provocative story of crime, passion, rebellion, and possible redemption that attempts to answer a question that has tormented gambling men
Published October 1st 2012 by Vegas Lit

To ask other readers questions about Risk of Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risk of Ruin

Ashlie Nelson
This is a book I won from the GoodReads giveaways. I received this book very quickly and couldn't wait to start reading it. The story held my attention all the way through. I don't think there were ever any boring parts and I truly enjoyed the story. It was a fun and entertaining read. Would recommend it!
Namyisun
The story is told by weaving the present, the near-past, and the far past in a surreal spin through the mind of a gambler finding salvation through love.

Additionally, the tale has the reader ponder God walking amongst us (in the form of an underage stripper).

This is a quick read, perhaps two hours. I enjoyed the novella but would have been interested in having something more in-depth to round out some sections that didn't quite flow with the story line.

*** I received the book for free through G
Sheila
On the back of this book it says and I quote "Risk of Ruin is a love story unlike any you've ever read". I will agree it was a love story but it was also so much more then that. It was adventurous, it was thrilling, it was exciting, it was demanding your attention through the entire story
Tasha
This is not one of those love stories that doesn't have a bad past where drugs were involved and hurt feelings and blame to god. this one has all that and adventure. this is a good story to read. Go... Get the book.... Check it out.... Buy it and then READ IT!!!
Sean Nelson
My Wife won this book in the first reads giveaways. We took turns both reading it. I love the main guy in the book. It's was amusing and one of the best books I have read. Overall it was a great book I would tell my buddies about.
Cerenity
I received this book for free in a Goodreads giveaway. This is crazy story but i loved it. If you are into reading a crazy, fast paced quirky story this is definitely for you.
Tanya
Very interesting book. Could not put it down.
Joel Zola
Joel Zola marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Alex Bleach
Alex Bleach marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
D.R.
D.R. marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M. marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Edhoncho
Edhoncho marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Amanda Belyew
Amanda Belyew marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Sinazo
Sinazo marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Michelle Wilson
Michelle Wilson marked it as to-read
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Kylie Tagg
Kylie Tagg marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
  • Grieving God's Way: The Path to Lasting Hope and Healing
  • Darkfire
  • Happier Endings: A Meditation On Life And Death
  • The Cost of Courage
  • The Midnight Court (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #2)
  • Seeing Through the Eyes of My Papa's Heart
  • Smells Like Team Spirit Quickies
  • Cynthia and the Blue Cat's Last Meow
  • The Same Sky: A Traveler's Quest for Redemption and Peace
  • Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4)
  • The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms
  • The Last Daughter of Prussia
  • The Boxer Rebellion and the Great Game in China
  • Becoming Bobby
  • Portraits of an Artist
  • The Short, Strange Life of Herschel Grynszpan: A Boy Avenger, a Nazi Diplomat, and a Murder in Paris
  • Quiver: A Book of Erotic Tales
  • Return to St. Bart's
I’ve been writing nonfiction for more than thirty years, mostly books about professional gambling, and most challenging the conventional wisdom on how to beat blackjack or poker games. The reason I wrote these books was because I was actively making a living playing blackjack and poker, and it drove me crazy to see "experts" who didn't play putting out bad information for newbies.

I published and e
More about Arnold Snyder...
The Poker Tournament Formula The Poker Tournament Formula II: Advanced Strategies Blackbelt in Blackjack: Playing Blackjack as a Martial Art Big Book of Blackjack Blackjack Wisdom