Start by marking “Sara” as Want to Read:
Sara

Sara

On a lonely two-lane highway through the foothills of Northern Colorado, Sara Jean Haller has disappeared. Her father, a rural county deputy, battles his own demons and a despotic sheriff in a desperate search to find his only child. Mike Haller must untangle a web of lies and secrets woven into the fabric of this small mountain town to discover the road that leads to his ...more
Published August 8th 2012 by Createspace (first published November 7th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sara

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
5 Never Give Up On Life Stars

This book was AWESOME !!!!!

"‘You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.’”
~ Maya Angelo

photo PicsArt_03-27-05.27.08_zpswgwclq2g.jpg

Sara's life is just starting to get fun. Graduated from high school and setting off to college, Sara is excited to finally be on her own and out from her overprotective father.

The drive to college was to be u
Katie
Aug 31, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it
**4 INTENSE STARS**

So I decided to stray away from my typical "kidnapping romance" type books and saw this book on amazon. As soon as I read the "about this book" blurb, I was hooked. This book book held me from the first to last page. I brought my iPad (kindle app) EVERYWHERE with me while reading- even while I was eating (I still say I am SO not to blame for the lo-mein stains all over my iPad...)

This book was INTENSE. From start to finish. There were times in the book where I found myself g
Diana Hockley
Feb 03, 2013 Diana Hockley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A terrifying opening to a novel will always get me in and "Sara" is no exception. The plot is simple - a young woman goes missing from her car outside a small rural town and her father comes to look for her. From the first moment the reader is privy to Sara's fate and the tension never eases.

The characters of Sara and her father are totally believable, which invites the reader to invest care in the outcome of their futures.

We share the frustration of Sara's father, Mike, as he is stymied at ever
Grammar*Kitten
Sep 10, 2012 Grammar*Kitten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon-freebies
A tense novel about the abduction, rape and attempted murder of Deputy Sheriff Mike Haller's daughter Sara, and the effects that trying to find the missing girl have on him.

The author clearly has a bit of a twisted imagination, which leaves the reader screaming at the characters mentally when they know something that is going to happen that the character that most needs to know doesn't. It's very frustrating, but works well to the effect of having you turn the pages faster in order to find out w
Ej Ranson
Mar 13, 2013 Ej Ranson rated it it was amazing
The author makes writing appear as easy as breathing with the use of admirably descriptive language. Every page is filled with such detail that the reader is consistently engaged at every turn of the page. This is a book that must be started early in the morning, once picked up the reader will not put it down till the last page is reached. If started late, consider it a night void of sleep. The book is filled with thoughts, actions, memories, and feelings that press the reader forward. The story ...more
Joyce Terranoa
May 21, 2013 Joyce Terranoa rated it really liked it
I read this book in one day. I could not put it down. I am recommending this book to all my fellow readers. Great book.
Valiree
Mar 08, 2013 Valiree rated it it was amazing
This book is an heart felt book. And will bring tears to your eye's. I will defiantly be recommending this to everyone I know!!
Mollie Blum
Jan 14, 2013 Mollie Blum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book ever!!!! It really never once lost my interest, I read it in under two days which is weird but it obvious why after reading the book
Wendi Newsome
Mar 05, 2013 Wendi Newsome rated it it was amazing
Like the others who wrote a review I was immediately drawn in. I couldn't put it down until I was finished and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last page. Outstanding!
Deb
Jun 30, 2013 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
***Two printings of this novel--the one with the GREEN cover (not the one on my profile), is the re-edited and most current edition. ***

YES!~ My husband wrote this book, but I am not exaggerating when I say it is easily one of the top three books I have EVER read. Ever! Who would know it would take 20 years of marriage to convince him that he needed to share his talent. The River's Edge weaves a dynamic, intriguing, suspensful, intelligent story filled with characters you wish you knew and then
Denise
Jan 29, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-goal
Wow. 'Jaded Honor' is one of those books that pull you in from the very first paragraph and doesn't let go. I couldn't put it down. The storyline was well written and full of suspense, action, drama and thrilling scenes that had me on the edge of my seat. The characters were a great cast of personalities and professions. I will definitely read more of Tony Hayden's work. A must add to your tbr list. Highly recommended read.
Toni L.
Apr 13, 2015 Toni L. rated it really liked it
What a great book. What poor Sara went through with abduction rape and other horrible
things she had to endure. Her fathers attempt to find her and what
he went through. The outcome of the story was?? Read the book to see.
Hope you liked it as much as I did.
Jodie
Mar 12, 2013 Jodie rated it really liked it
I won this through Goodreads. The moment I started reading it, I couldn't put it down as the story, plot, and characters came to life and pulled me in. Great plot twist I didn't see coming. I highly recommend this book!
Myrna (Mily) Otero
Wow

This book is a sure page turner!!!! I couldn't put it down! You think you know who did it but you don't and the end will blow your mind!!!
Charleen Burd
Feb 04, 2013 Charleen Burd rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
Absolutely Amazing!
Katie Bartlett
Mar 16, 2013 Katie Bartlett rated it it was ok
Shelves: firstreads-books
Well, I won this book from the Goodread's giveaways. I thought it sounded interesting. It was exciting to win a book! And Tony Hayden wrote me a letter explaining why he wrote this book, so it was cool to have a little background on the story. The story was very fast paced and easy to read. I read it in only a few days time, and that having a busy schedule. I was really wrapped up in the story. It made my skin crawl in places. And the story was good, but he had the F word in it a lot, and I'm ...more
Png
Sep 03, 2013 Png rated it liked it
**1/2 stars
It took some time for me to get used to the writing. Overall, I did find the story emotional and suspenseful. There seems to be something missing to make it a great read. Maybe more depth or better flow or less imageries (it was a bit distracting). The plot and characters felt a bit disconnected in some parts, therefore, I wasn't entirely gripped by the story. The flashbacks were beautifully written and essential to the storyline. I got quite tearful from it and from other certain sce
Nicole
Aug 18, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love when I read something, and it surprises me. In a "I thought I knew what I was getting into, but this is even better" kind of way. The language and style of writing in The River's Edge left spectacular visuals in my head, and a strong sense of empathy with the characters. Well, most of them anyway... :)

I think what I enjoyed most is that, throughout all the trauma and chaos this family is put through, there is still a sense of strength, and love, and HOPE. The genre of writing that this b
Heidi Kopetzky
Feb 26, 2014 Heidi Kopetzky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jaded Honor follows Harry Pennington, a rough around the edges CIA operative, as he tries to save his niece Carol from the same fate as her late husband Jim Iverson. Harry must battle his own demons and wrestle with his conscious along his journey. Before he can save Carol he must save himself. Riveting and suspenseful, Tony Hayden provides a thoroughly engrossing follow up to his first novel. Guaranteed to keep you guessing what will come until the very last second. Add it to your must read lis
Sep 08, 2015 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fascinating, suspenseful novel with lots of action. I highly recommend it. The characters, especially Jim Iverson, and plot were excellent. I liked Jim's flashbacks to his time as a soldier in Iraq. It gave insight into who he was and why he did some of the things he did. The descriptions of Mexico, especially Chiapas, were great. I felt as if I was there experiencing each event in the story.
Feb 26, 2014 Heidi Kopetzky rated it it was amazing
The beginning of this book brought on an array of emotions that ranged the spectrum of anger and hope. Very few books have made me feel the emotions that this book brought on. Tony Hayden kept the momentum going to the very end of the book. Every page kept me wanting more, needing to read till I had finished every last word. Hayden puts Dan Brown to shame when it comes to page turning thrillers. I can’t wait to read his next novel.
Sep 08, 2015 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mystery; excellent suspense; excellent writing style. This book was very exciting to read--the action was almost non-stop. I really liked that for several scenes, the events were told by two different participants. It was very effective. Tony Hayden is an author to watch. My favorite mystery writer is Robert B Parker and Mr. Hayden gives him a run for his money. If you like mysteries, you need to read this book.
Sep 08, 2015 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mystery. Usually, I give a book five chapters before deciding to keep reading or to give up on it. This one had me in the first paragraph. Mr. Hayden's writing style is so smooth, sometimes almost lyrical. The characters seemed real and the plot was excellent. I just purchased two more of his books. I wasn't ready to finish reading this author.
B J  Galaday
Oct 19, 2015 B J Galaday rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the time

Well even knowing very early into this book didn't spoil it for me. The getting to the end was just very well done. The story moves very quickly and is well edited (I found only two errors and they were at the end). I've never read this author before but will look for more.
Heidi Kopetzky
Feb 26, 2014 Heidi Kopetzky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book by a new author. You'll grow attached to the Iverson's in a heart beat. Go on their journey as they try to rescue their son from the hands of an unknown fate. Every twist will send your heart racing and your mind reeling.
Deb
Nov 06, 2012 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Seriously! Such an amazing read! Strong, independent female character. Nail biting suspense. I dare you to NOT read this in one night! I dare you!
Lauren Dukes
Aug 11, 2014 Lauren Dukes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Good book

I liked this book and it's rare to find a good free book that isn't in a series. I would recommend this book
Judy Culhane
Judy Culhane rated it did not like it
Apr 01, 2014
Glen
Glen rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Tia McIntyre
Tia McIntyre rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dead Green
  • Kingdom Come:  A North Country Mystery
  • The Stone Lion
  • The Fire Watcher
  • An Unexpected Exile
  • Dogs Running a Hill
  • Scraps of Paper (Spookie Town Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Trouble on His Wings
  • Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit from Your Passions During Semi-Retirement
  • As You Wish
  • Shell Shock: A Gus Conrad Thriller
  • Suffer
  • Stronger Than Magic (House of Xannon #1)
  • One Sunday
  • The Searcher
  • The Freak Foundation Operative's Report
  • Relative Malice
  • Trafalgar

“This will be a good experience for you. Every man should know how to properly dismember a body.” 2 likes
“To let others define us is to relinquish authority over our very existence.” 2 likes