Start by marking “GPS Your Best Life” as Want to Read:
GPS Your Best Life

GPS Your Best Life

4.65 of 5 stars 4.65  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Obstacles and roadblocks can detour us on the way to success, or even prevent us from getting there at all. GPS Your Best Life helps you determine exactly where you are now, and through practical strategies and assessments, helps you clarify what you want in your personal and career life. GPS Your Best Life will help you map your destination and put you on the road to pers ...more
Published August 15th 2012 by Bettie Youngs Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about GPS Your Best Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GPS Your Best Life

Teena in Toronto
There are lots of books out there to help you figure out your goals and how reach them. This one does the same but with a twist ... it puts you in the driver's seat and let's you "GPS your best life".

The first step is to do the GPS checkup questionnaire which helps you get clear about your values, attitudes and wants, as well as give you ideas for where to focus your energies at the start of your journey. You score yourself using 1, 2, or 3 ... 1 means you are ready to go, 2 means it's an area o
Darin
Authors Charmaine Hammond and Debra Kasowski helps the reader navigate along their destination with a fabulous book entitled: "GPS Your Best Life." This is a great book on helping the reader understand how to not allow circumstances in life detour one from their main purposes of life. Everyone is traveling along life's journey and getting side-tracked is easy to do, but the authors give tremendous insight and wisdom on how to stay focused and move forward in grand fashion.
One chapter deals with
Ruth Hill
Okay, I was skeptical when I began this book. I have read my share of self-help books talking about accomplishing your goals and dreams. Countless books are written on this topic, so why should this one be any different?

I really believe that the authors of this book have written a magnificent extended metaphor. The vast majority of people can relate to driving, and even if we don't own a GPS (I wouldn't be without one actually), most can even understand that. The authors have used every piece o
Leila
I’m hoping to be able to put this book into action and finally decide what I want to be when I grow up!

The book itself has 8 chapters that walk you through various steps to get to your desired “location” in life. While I found each chapter to be important on how to get to where you want to be, my favorite chapter was “Clearing Your Windshield and Seeing the Road Ahead”. I think for me, that was the most important chapter because we always tend to have excuses that block our roadway or dirty our
Debbie Lamb
GPS Your Best Life came to me at a great time in my life. I had made a commitment to myself to be healthy not only physically but also mentally. In doing so... I am currently making some very difficult decisions. People that were negative, downers, blood suckers (as I call them) no longer have room in my life. GPS Your Best Life started me on my mentally journey to happiness. I am removing the bugs off my windshield for a long safe journey into the future! When I took my GPS Questionaire it open ...more
Create With Joy
What would it take for you to envision and create your best possible life?

Do you need to:

Identify priorities and set goals?
Eliminate clutter and let go of the past?
Focus on values and navigate life’s obstacles?

No matter what course you set for yourself, GPS Your Best Life by Charmaine Hammond & Debra Kasowski will help you to chart your destination and get there in style!

GPS Your Best Life is filled with creative exercises and coaching tools to help you move forward and create a life you lo
Belinda Revercomb
I am one of those people that is doing okay, but I always feel that I could/should be doing better, but just don't know "how". So, I was super excited to get the chance to review GPS Your Best Life Charting Your Destination -- And Getting There In Style, this book sounds like it could provide that knowledge (and guidance) that I need to figure out that elusive "how".

I like that each chapter is a combination of exercises, real life stories, Road Rules to Live By, and Mapping Your Way that will he
Sherry
I've always enjoyed reading self help books. My problem always starts when I try to implement what I'm being told to do. This book was different in that the authors walked me through each step of building my GPS Dashboard and building my Road Map.

By using the GPS metaphor, it was easy to understand what needed to be done. They even set out different instructions for different ways of learning or attacking a subject. I may like lists, but my husband likes visuals and pictures.

I actually read this
Nana
Mar 18, 2013 Nana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Senior and College students and older
Recommended to Nana by: Beck Valley Books
I have never read a self improvement book until now and I was surprised to find I loved it. This book is easy to read and understand. GPS is written well and will get you to where you are going. This book is easy to drive once you read you will understand...lol.

GPS will help you identify areas in your life that need strength and show you where your strengths are and how to use them with out getting lost. This will help you succeed in obtaining your goals.

Using this book to reach and obtain your
Read Rate & Review's Ashley
When MVM (Mom's with Voices Media) member Sharon emailed me about this book I thought immediately "How is this book any different from any other self help book out there?" Well because MVM rarely if ever sends me down a bad path, I immediately signed up because I like a lot of people am at a crossroads in my life and I need some guidance.

Throughout the entire book Charmaine Hammond and Debra Kasowski have you do multiple assessments which allow you to figure out how to make decisions and what ch
Amber Mabry
I really enjoyed this book. I feel like GPS Your Best Life spoke to me. I am a TRUE procrastinator. I battle with it constantly. I have a hard time making myself do something that I know I have to do because I get overwhelmed when I think about the big picture. The authors have made me feel at ease. They perfectly describe step by step how to accomplish how to get where you feel you need to be in your life. There is even questionnaires inside to help you figure out if you are where you want to b ...more
Natalie
We know that we want to be there, but we are here. This book does a great job of pointing you in the right direction. The idea that you can't get where you want to be without knowing where you are starting is a great point that sometimes is forgotten in our fast paced lives. I am well aware that are am a perfectionist. However, I didn't realize that I procrastinate from time to time because I fear doing a less than perfect job or worse convince myself that I need to do it over. One of the bigges ...more
Michelle Garrett
Very enjoyable and resourceful read!
What I enjoyed most about this book is that it's interactive and something that I can and will use on a regular basis. When I first started reading it, I had to stop to find a pen, highlighter, and stickies to mark the pages for topics that I knew I'd want to revisit at later points in my journey to being a better me. No matter where you're at in your journey - there is a chapter in GPS Your Best Life that will benefit you now and in the long run.
Debbie Denny
I found this book and the strategies to be very helpful. The authors are clear and easily understood in their presentation. In today’s fast paced world, many people need a direction when changing directions in their work or life. Honest help for anyone needing to organize their priorities. Step by step, the strategies walk you through to your desired goals. Well written book that should be considered a necessary asset for anyone whith life-changing goals in their life.
Susan
I loved the book and now keep it close when I need it! If your in a transition of career or life, "GPS Your Best Life" is a great place to start. Easy to read and understand and plenty of examples to help you on your way to discovering your best path. I total must read for everyone who's looking for a tool to help change the direction of your life.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Brooke Creech
I love that this book has forms and tables in it for you to fill out as you go along. It’s a great way to sort of analyze where you are in your goals right now (whether they’re personal or professional) and then set goals with time tables associated with them. It allows you concentrate on one thing at a time and make small goals toward a bigger one. I enjoy that they show examples of others’ goals and how they’ve filled out the forms for themselves.
Adelina
I enjoyed the premise, and thought behind this book. I feel it could have used a few more edits before being printed though. It's hard to feel motivated to achieve your best life, when you have to figure out a sentence structure gone wrong.

However, it was really a good book, and I do feel like I'm more focused on my life, instead of putting me and my needs to the side.
Jennifer Williams
This book was really easy to follow. I love that it started with identifying areas of your life. I discovered a few things that I did not like the results of. I love the steps it has you do to help to change the areas you need to so that you can become a better and happier person.
Aimee
Easy to read, easy to related, and a quick way to get your engines revving. I liked the clearing of the "bugs" from our personal windshields. Life is a whole lot clearer once we rid the bugs!
Sharon Martin
Receiving GPS Your Best Life couldn't have come at a better time for myself, since the New Year I have been battling with what I really want my life to look like against what it currently looks like and basically I haven't gone any further. I know deep down what I want and what I think I need to do but other things seem too important and lack of time does not help.

The book helps you determine what you really want in your own life and where you are currently in relation to this and helps you plot
Paul
This book compares the journey through life to going on a trip using your car's GPS system.

When using a GPS, you need to start with entering your present location. The book has a questionnaire to help determine where you are now, emotionally and psychologically. Then you can enter your destination, or your ultimate goal (it can range from losing a few pounds to starting your own business). Your journey will be difficult if your windshield is dirty, or covered with bugs. Make sure your goal is cl
Jessi Arias-Cooper
I’ve read through the book and done the exercises to GPS my plan, but it will take time to fully apply the methods to my life. I’m interested to see how well it aids me in my journey, but think it could be a useful tool to keep me on track.

Would I recommend it? If it’s used as intended, taking time and really working through each exercise, I think GPS Your Best Life can be a really personal method to mapping out your whole journey to achieving your goals, start to finish.
Sue Schlinglof
The book provides tools for managing my life like I manage projects at work so many of the tools were familiar to me but I never thought about using them in my own life. Chapters 5 and 6 were the most helpful to me in providing me with tips for dealing with self doubt, limiting thoughts, fears, conflicts with others and roadblocks. An enjoyable read!
Kimberly Anstaett
Kimberly Anstaett marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Patricia Kemp Blackmon marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Bridget Aboussafy
Bridget Aboussafy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Debra Kasowski
Jun 18, 2013 Debra Kasowski rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
SIGNED BOOK GIVEAWAY - 5 Winners!! 1 2 Apr 09, 2013 06:37AM
SIGNED BOOK GIVEAWAY - 5 Winners!! 1 1 Apr 09, 2013 06:32AM

Creature Comforts:
No Bonz about It, Service Dog Toby Hammond is giving readers Something
Good to Growl About!

When On Tobys Terms author Charmaine Hammond and her husband Chris were almost killed in a sailboat accident, they instinctively knew that their priorities needed to shift and when their beloved German Shepherd, Dooks passed on, they knew the right thing to do was to rescue a dog and give i
More about Charmaine Hammond...
On Toby's Terms Toby, the Pet Therapy Dog, and His Hospital Friends Toby, the Pet Therapy Dog, Says Be a Buddy, Not a Bully Toby the Pet Therapy Dog and His Hospital Friends Toby the Pet Therapy Dog says be a Buddy not a Bully