Start by marking “Bianca's Plan” as Want to Read:
Bianca's Plan

Bianca's Plan

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  344 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Bianca worries that her daddy, Gavin, is lonely and decides he needs a boyfriend for Christmas. So she enlists her father's best friend, the straight and unattached Curtis. Gavin has a Christmas wish, too, and Curtis setting him up on disastrous dates isn't part of it! Meanwhile, Curtis finds life becoming complicated as he tries to please Bianca, make Gavin happy, and fen...more
Published November 30th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Bianca's Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bianca's Plan

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottChristmas Delights by Diane  AdamsLet It Snow by Heidi Cullinan
M/M CHRISTMAS Books
35th out of 96 books — 95 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay For You Romance
281st out of 483 books — 1,117 voters

More lists with this book...

Heller
You know when you read a story and you just want to shake one of the MCs because he's just being so stubborn? This is one of those and Curtis, I'm looking at you! O_o

This is a sweet holiday story about two best friends and roommates, Curtis and Gavin, who need a nudge in the right direction. That the nudge comes from Bianca, Gavin's ten year old daughter, is the really sweet part. She's an old soul who is really adorable in her plotting.

I like this little world that Thomas has created in Kansas...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Gavin is gay, he lives in a very gay friendly building ( Oscar Wilde apartments! love it! ) and he is looking for love in all the wrong places, great, now i have that song stuck in my head...anyway, losers and such and now he is in love with his best friend Curtis.His straight friend Curtis, did I mention Gavin isn't having any luck in the love department?
Oh, and Gavin is raising his daughter Bianca ( mother *conveniently* died when Bianca was a baby).
Curtis lives in the same building as Gavin,...more
Macky ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Another sweet romance from Dreamspinners Evergreen Advent calender. Seasonal tales that are set around Xmas but not drenched in seasonal sentimentality. From the get go there's no doubt how this is all going to pan out so don't expect any surprises but that doesn't stop it from being an enjoyable and in this case, charming read about a little girl who just wants her daddy to have a boyfriend for her Xmas present , and she knows exactly who she wants that to be - her dads best,but straight, frien...more
Serena Yates
This story made me laugh, grin at Bianca's cleverness, and sigh in happiness at the end. What more could you want from a Christmas story? As far as I am concerned, any story, really, but the fact that this one is set around Christmas makes it even more special. I liked all three characters (yes, even stubborn, blinders-wearing Curtis), and the love they shared was wonderful to witness. The fact that their antics, some of them disturbingly realistic, made me laugh on top of that was a bonus.

Gavin...more
Lucy
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

This story was like Christmas hot chocolate with marshmallows. It’s gooey, a little bit too sugary sometimes but leaves you feeling warm and happy. Gavin and Curtis are the best of friends. Gavin is in love with the straight Curtis, but they both put this aside in order to maintain their friendship. Curtis is not gay, he wants children. So the het sex isn’t all that great? It’s just him. He wants children.

There was a confusing moment when a flashback occurs sh...more
Elisa Rolle
A nice seasonal romance, Christmas + kid is a sure recipe for success. Bianca "Bee" is the only daughter of a single gay dad; the story is old, Gavin and his best girl friend from high school got together only one time at prom night and Bee was the result of that. It is possible their story was fated to end, maybe like friends, but unfortunately Bee's mother passed away in a car accident, and now Gavin has decided to move to the big city and moreover to a gay friendly condo. There he meets Curti...more
Feliz
Precocious ten-year-old Bianca playing matchmaker for the two clueless guys was super-cute, Gavin stumbling from date to disastrous date was amusing to watch, and I rooted for poor thickheaded Curtis to finally have his epiphany. This author's down-to-earth, heartfelt voice was just the thing to keep this story from falling into the saccharine category.
A proper Christmas "fairy" tale!
Arthur
Nice story, but I couldn't care much for Curtis' I-love-him-I-love-him-not inner dialogues. The only thing he hasn't done yet is counting the flower petal thingy and he'd be perfect as Bianca's playmate. Oh, wait...
Lexi Ander
So sweet and funny. Bianca is adorable. I laughed through the whole date with Blue. This is a great feel good read that I will definitely pull out again.
Jen
I give this 2.5 stars. For all of its absurdity, I did find it entertaining, so it gets an extra half star for that.

This book. *shakes head*

Between the ridiculous lines (see my status updates for some examples), the hilariously (not to mention predictably and stereotypically) bad dates, Curtis's "Inner Voice," and the exclamations! Once they! Finally! Got naked!... There was a lot to criticize. So I won't bother.

The plot itself was sweet, though, even if I did find ALL of the characters irrit...more
Tsumetai
Before you say anything about my rating of the book: I believe it´s a good book. Though not exactly something I could fully enjoy. ´Cus:
1. It was too sweet for me (well...hey)
2. It didn´t quite pull me in.
And
3. The end was just so much of a sweet bomb I was wondering how come there was no sugar melting into caramel around me.
Just as I said. It´s a good book (for someone who´s into sweet romances). Readable also (otherwise I would left it right after reading few pages). Just not a style I quit...more
Donnerhall
This was a 5-star read until we got to the sex. I loved the MC:s and Curtis' internal dialogue was funny. Unfortunately, the author ruined it by making them have their first anal sex without lube but still writing that Gavin was wet inside. Okay, how the HELL is that possible? Did he have diarrhea? I laughed out loud then and the whole "first time experiencing gay sex" for Curtis, which should have been a wonderful pivotal moment of the story turned into a complete bust. There was also WAY to mu...more
kasjo_peja
I like B.G. Thomas writing. It's sweet and funny, and usually a bit over the top. In Bianca's Plan he delivers another short, solid, great story. Nearly perfect. The only glitch was the final sex scene - the description of this 'earth-shattering' experience was just overdone.
Mild spoiler
(view spoiler)...more
Susan
Bianca wants her father, Gavin, to find a boyfriend so she hatches a sneaky plan. With the help of her father's best friend, Curtis, she tries to find the perfect man for her dad. Each time Gavin meets a new man they turn out to be weird or self-centred or just plain idiots. Meanwhile, Curtis is beginning to think he knows who the perfect man for Gavin might be. I really liked the extra sneaky reveal of Bianca's plan right at the end of the story.
Edina Rose
Smart little Bianca. She played her dad and her dad's best friend to get them together. Cute. The only thing I didn't like was the best friend's reluctance to accept that he was gay because... he wanted kids!!! He already treated Bianca like his kid and Bianca always said he was one of her daddies! So, he already had a kid, and he was in love with the kid's dad. Why the conflict then?
Jenn
So, first off this was really sweet and cute. Easy to read and nice with the holidays and family. However, *wince* I really disliked that little girl. I found the other dates to be almost comical and not in a good way, and describing oral sex as taking communion was just no. However, I thought it was a fine read, and I liked the two MCs.
Twisted
Cute premise and mildly entertaining.

Then I got to the sex scene and my personal pet peeve...anal sex with no lube of any sort, no prep, and the person hasn't had sex in a while AND it doesn't hurt! Hmm, yeah...no.
Stacia
LOL I really loved this story. It was funny and cute.A great holiday read. Never underestimate a 9 year old girl. This is a must read, it will make you all warm inside during these cold winter days.
Luisa
This was soo much fun to read. It was a very simple short story but it was charming. Lovely characters.
And Gavin's dates? Hilarious! God, poor guy!

Enjoy!

~~~~~
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Heat level: 2 out of 3 flames
~~~~~

This is the love story of a single gay father of a ten-year-old girl and his straight male neighbor from across the hall, who has become his best friend. Gavin and Curtis. Together with Gavin's daughter Bianca they make a cute little family... except that Gavin and Curtis are not a couple... since...more
Secretly Reading
Originally review for The Book Vixen

Bianca’s Plan is a light, fun MM romance of best friends who become lovers due to one lead’s precocious matchmaking daughter. Bianca worries her dad, Gavin, is lonely and enlists the help of his seemingly straight best friend, Curtis, to set Gavin up with potential boyfriends. I loved the relationship between Bianca and her dad and Curtis. These three are already a family and the holiday season shows them this. Yes, Bianca is the classic adorable plot moppet b...more
Gabbi

4.5 Kisses

I’ve read a couple books by Mr. Thomas and I must say I really like his voice when it comes to writing romances. There is something very sweet and sexy about his stories that really resonate with me as a reader. In his holiday story, Bianca’s Plan, Mr. Thomas really tells a story that brings all of the things I love when it comes to a warm and fuzzy seasonal romance.

Gavin and Curtis are best friends. Gavin has secretly been in love with his best...more
Liz
Ooh! Ouch! The sweetness....my cavity! Ok, I must admit I'm overly fond of properly done angst. You got me. But I truly feel for us to feel like characters are real people, they have to go through the wringer...like real people do.

Bianca did not speak like a child. At all. And seemed far too interested in her father's love life. I also feel that Gavin's reaction to their constant matchmaking is a bit mild. I'm laid back, but if my kid kept setting me up on blind dates, especially after I told t...more
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews and can also be found there.

Although I usually appreciate this author’s excellent writing, in this holiday story the characters and their interactions didn’t really hit the spot.

Bianca only wants a boyfriend for her father Gavin for Christmas, and she has the perfect candidate in mind – Curtis, their close friend and neighbor. The only little issue about the wish is that Curtis is straight and despite Gavin’s obvious feelings, it’s not...more
Julesmarie
A friends-to-lovers gfy story! My two favorite tropes together usually make for a story that I adore, and I was hoping that would be the case here as well. Perhaps I hoped a little too hard... because I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

Gavin already knew he was in love with Curtis, but figured since his friend was straight he was off-limits. (view spoiler)...more
T'Lar
Really cute, kid's a little precocious but still likable for it, but the story takes a hard left into purple and stays there. The inner dialogue's a bit much, as well. Enjoyable overall, though, and I did very much need a quick, fun read and this fit the bill.
Kathryn
This was a cute little read. I really enjoyed it and I loved Bianca! So cute and cheeky and so much smarter than a couple of grown men. lol

Couple of bad dates and a friend trying to hide his true feelings, spells disaster.. Read it yourself and decide :)
Melanie
I hope my daughters are as smart as Bianca when they get older.
This story was really sweet.
Though I did get repeatedly confused with who was who... I mean, Gavin and Curtis are a little too similar to read for me.
Caliadragon
Sweet story

This was an adorable story with little Bianca wanting to make her Dad happy. She brings his conflicted best friend into the scheme. Hilarity and happiness ensues.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

This story started off very good for me and I really like the concept of the story. I was really enjoying it but not far into the story, the kid, Bianca, started to grate on my nerves. For a ten year old, she is very, very mature (I'm talking late teens mature) but not only that, she couldn't stop interfering and I found that really annoying.

When Gavin and Curtis finally got together, however, I really enjoyed it! They were definitely hot and I did enjoy the smack upside the head Curtis...more
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • Eight Days
  • Inspiration
  • Inseparable (Inseparable #1)
  • Something for Santa
  • Snowbound in Nowhere
  • I Don't: A Christmas Wish
  • Countdown to Daddies
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song (Heartwarming)
  • The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)
  • Wish List
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Making His List
  • The Good Life (Arbor Heights #3)
  • New York Christmas
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Alaska (Heartwarming)
B.G. Thomas lives in Kansas City with his husband of over nine years and their fabulous little dog, Sarah Jane. He sees his wonderful daughter just often enough to miss her when she isn't there! He has a romantic soul and is extraordinarily lucky to have many friends.

He loves science fiction & fantasy, horror, romance and more, has gone to SF&F conventions his entire adult life, and been l...more
More about B.G. Thomas...
The Boy Who Came In From the Cold Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf (Heartwarming) Anything Could Happen All Snug All Alone in a Sea of Romance