Start by marking “Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)

Inseparable (Inseparable #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  1,519 Ratings  ·  220 Reviews
After a car accident, Adam wakes up in a hospital room with no memory and a man named Joe, who acts like his boyfriend. So when Joe says Adam is straight—and Joe’s not—and they’re just best friends and roommates, Adam is more than a little confused. But as Adam starts to fill in the gaps, the one thing that becomes apparent is that Joe is the missing piece that can’t be re ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Inseparable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inseparable

Sheziss
Romance buenrollero!

Oh my, this is the living proof that there are lots of authors who can't give life and emotion to long stablished relationships and that then there are others who do. Chris Scully is amongst the second group, and in a space of few pages, no less. Unbelievable!

This little love story is charming, funny and adorable. I loved every page of it. I laughed at every joke. And my heart swelled in the most heart-aching moments, because there are some of those, too.

Since the moment Adam
Ami
Chris Scully's first debut, Fourth and Long, was one of my favorites from 2012 Time Is Eternity Daily Dose. I loved that one so much, I decided to take a chance with her sophomore novella.

Adam wakes up after a car accident, can't remember anything. But a man named Joe is by his side, and tells Adam that Joe is his best friend, and that he will take care of everything. Though the nurse said that Joe was his boyfriend, Joe tells Adam that they are not, that Adam is straight, and Joe told the nurse
Ingela
Written December 6, 2014

4.4 Stars - Wowza, this was short but so very tenderly sweet. A Xmas gem!

I just finished this 1:40 hrs novella audiobook. A sweet Christmas story narrated by Jeff Gelder in a delightful way.

Mini-audio, thoughtful and refreshing sweet
A moderately short charmingly cute —before the upcoming holidays— story. A perfect short shortie audio to listen to when you cook dinner, cleans up "everything", set the dinner-table, light the candles, etc., before your Saturday evening gues
Heller
Dec 01, 2012 Heller rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
A sweet story about bestfriends who are made for each other but suffer from misunderstandings. This has an actual workable concept of retrograde amnesia that cleverly moves the story along. Great chemistry, great secondary characters. Wonderful little Christmas story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
*sigh*
What a sweet story, it's short but I didn't feel like anything was missing or I needed more.
Adam wakes up in the hospital with a lot of pain but without his memory. Joe his best friend for the last 18years is there for him every step of the way. We find out about their history together from Joe trying to jog Adam's memory and from photos and Adam's deep feelings for Joe.
It's told from Adam's POV but Joe comes through just as strongly as he does and it left me with a happy warm and fuzzy f
Macky
4.5*
Having just read a hot and heavy BDSM series this was absolutely perfect for what I needed next and that was a short sweet, comfort read that left me feeling all ' Awww ' and sappy! I adored this. The amnesia wasn't annoying, the gay/straight conundrum was pitched perfectly and the fact that the only sex involved in the story was hot, tingly kisses was just lovely, it just made me feel happy and contented and I didn't want it to end. Treat yourself because this is Delightful!
Emma Sea
Oddly, this story didn't fire for me. I think a lot of the blame can be laid at the feet of my current scoffing of high-sucrose Xmas shorts. This is sweet, but it's not that sweet, and so it becomes the literary equivalent of tasting a slice of melon after crunching handfuls of poprocks: just blah nothing.

Bev

What a wonderful read this was, a real little Christmas Cracker!! Only 68 pages, but a lot of emotions are packed into the pages, and I'm really pleased that the sequel is coming out shortly. 4.25 stars and 4 ♥♥♥♥ from me. Adored it.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This has to be one of the sweetest, most romantic stories I have ever read. Although the theme of amnesia has been overused to death, this one was realistic--a temporary amnesia associated with a concussion that was not drawn out ridiculously long.

Adam's feelings were so lovely and true and he was a good man. Both were good men and I could see why (view spoiler)

One thing I really liked that wasn't what I expected was that (view spoiler)
Meags
4 Stars

Amnesia plotlines are always hit or miss for me. Luckily, this one falls in the hit column.

When Adam wakes up in hospital, he finds himself physically broken and mentally confused. He can’t remember who he is, let alone what happened to lead him there. All he knows is that the beautiful man he finds by his bedside when he wakens makes him feel safe, even if he can’t recall who he is. Turns out, the man, Joe, is Adam’s long time gay BFF, which makes sense considering Adam’s innate feelings
Trisha Harrington
Oct 16, 2013 Trisha Harrington rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Trisha by: Bev
This is a really lovely short story. I love a good friends to lovers book, add in an injured MC and you have me hooked.

Adam and Joe have been friends for 18 years. Joe is out and proud, Adam is straight... Or so we are led to believe. But things have a funny way of coming out. And after an accident that leaves Adam with amnesia, we start to realise he might not be as straight as we have believed. Throw in a wonderful family and some painful memories and you have the basics of this lovely story.
Jenn
Dec 06, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
Loved it. Even with the present tense, I adored this short. I just wish it had been longer, not even necessarily novel length, but it finished just as it was beginning, and I had so many questions as to what happens next & actually who were these men. That being said, I thought this was a perfect pick-me-up for the holidays, and I truly loved all the characters. Def a re-read when I'm in the mood.
Candice
Dec 02, 2012 Candice rated it really liked it
4.25

This was a sweet Christmas story. I'm a sucker for stories that involve characters with strong friendships that only get stronger with love. That was exactly what I got with this one. I enjoyed how Adam could basically start again because of his lack of memory and see things from a different perspective and realize what is important.
Heather C
Nov 12, 2013 Heather C rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather C by: Lauraadriana
I ♥'ed this sooooooo much!!! Sweet friends to lovers story with lots of yummy tension! Gah! I couldn't get enough of Adam and Joe...thank god there is a sequel!
Amy
Nov 01, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
A very sweet story about Adam and Joe. Adam wakes up in the hospital with retrograde amnesia and quickly assumes the man at his bedside is his boyfriend. It’s not until they return to their apartment that Joe tells him they are just best friends and roommates. Joe is gay, but Adam is not. As Adam’s memory returns, he starts to realize that he’s been denying his feelings for Joe all this time. A very enjoyable read :)
Sheri
Oct 16, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it
It seems I have a sweet spot for amnesia stories. There is just something about the anxiety of what was and what will come that pulls me in every time. An added twist here....gay for you. When Adam gains consciousness he is in extreme pain and it clouds the confusion of his memory loss. The only thing he is acutely aware of is...his lifeline. He doesn't know who he is, but he knows he needs him.

When he learns that the man who refuses to leave his bedside is not his boyfriend but his best friend
Gigi
This was a pick when I was looking for a short friends-to-lovers story. Something to read late at night when I didn't want to get into a new, longer book. Unfortunately, it was quite disappointing.

MC Adam wakes up in the hospital after being hit by a car and quickly realizes he has no long term memories from before the accident. He is lovingly tended to by a man named MC Joe who tells Adam that they are roommates and best friends. As Adam gets better, he realizes that Joe is much more to him tha
Arthur
Dec 10, 2012 Arthur rated it it was amazing
Hhhmmm...

Childhood friends to lovers is my #1 most favorite theme in m/m romance. The second one is 'for health or sickness'. And guess what? This book has both!

Joe and Adam were like Batman and Robin. The hero and the sidekick. One could not exist without the other. Yet, for almost 2 decades of being best friends, they couldn't bring themselves to tell the other person how they felt, even though everyone else could see how they felt for each other.

They lived together. They worked for a same co
Nic
Dec 11, 2012 Nic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, zz-amazon-yes
Really lovely story about Adam and Joe. It takes a near tragedy for both Joe and Adam to tell each other their true feelings. Shame it wasn't novel length.

After an accident, Adam loses his memory. He may not remember details of his life but his heart knows the truth.
"I don't remember you" I rasp. And somehow that is worse than the pain, because this man has shed tears for me, has hardly left my side, and I've just forgotten him.
"Maybe up here." Joe gently strokes my forehead, then slides his h
Tully Vincent
Jan 27, 2015 Tully Vincent rated it really liked it
3.75 stars rounded up for this enjoyably sweet little friends-to-lovers story.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I think having read The River Leith and now this, I've come to the realization that I have a thing for amnesia stories, so please feel free to rec them to me anytime!!

Adam wakes up from an accident with no memory. However, there's handsome Joe, who he discovers is his BFF. Joe has barely left his side as he recuperates, and Adam can't believe they're not boyfriends! Wth??

So yeah, I regurgitated the blurb. However, for such a short novella this had just the right amount of hurt/comfort,
Deeze
A really sweet and slow moving romance.

Seeing the love Joe has for Adam, and then seeing Adam remember was lovely.

I also really liked the fact the author did not make Adams injuries disappear so they could write detailed sex scenes. A refreshing change.

Would love to read a follow on, especially with the whole family again.
Sara
This was the perfect short story to tuck me into bed. I saw this popping up on Goodreads and was curious, reading the blurb had me smiling so I dove in and I went for it, and l love it when I trust my instincts with books. This did not disappoint. It had me from the first few lines and I went into sappy romantic girl heaven with these boys.

Adam wakes up in a hospital room without his memory. He doesn’t know how he got there or the more important details of his life yet there is a man who has ne
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Amnesia happens to be one of my favorite themes. While it's a tricky subject, I still find it very entertaining. I loved this story because of that aspect. I loved how Adam had been in the closet and in love with his best friend, Joe, forever but once he loses his memory, he can't understand why he and Joe weren't a couple even though there's obviously feelings and attraction between them.

While the story is short, I really enjoyed it because it was easy to connect with Joe and Adam. It was inter
Susan
Dec 06, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
This was great!

Adam wakes up after an accident and he seems to have temporary memory loss.

Adam is convinced his best friend has to be his boyfriend, but when Joe says they aren’t, Adam feels even more confused. Because they do share everything, they even live together.

I loved these guys. Adam was so sweet and Joe so incredibly dedicated to Adam. I loved how it was clear for Adam, without all his memories, that he and Joe were close like lovers and not just as friends.

It’s a short story, but I am
Tina
Oct 16, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tina by: Bev
Nice and sweet shorty. I really enjoyed reading it.:)

Thanks to Bev for the rec. :)
Susan
Dec 10, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
This was a great Christmas read. Adam and Joe have been friends since they were kids and they have always been inseparable. When Adam has an accident and loses his memory, he begins to think that might not all they could be. I liked the way that Adam was able to explore his feelings without any baggage from the past creeping in. I would love to know more about Joe and Adam as they explore their new relationship.
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
This is a short story,the kind you pick when you have less time, especially in-between emotional or rough read.The once that leaves a smile on your face kind and rejuvenates you for the rough read:))

Cute, sweet and short story of two best friendJoe & Adam, who lived together but had a bit of a miscommunication when it came to their feelings for each other was solved when Adam suffered
an accident and lost his memory temporarily.
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

I loved this one! It was short but superbly done. I walked away feeling like a knew these guys. I absolutely would have enjoyed spending more time with Adam, Joe, and the Massone famiglia but alas it was only a novella. Wishes and dreams and all that jazz...

Bottom line: I'm lovin' Chris Scully.
Elizabetta

Another new-to-me writer… and I really liked this story. Amnesia is tricky as a plot device, but it works here. The puzzle is set up: Adam and Joey, nearing thirty years old, have been besties for most of their lives. Joey is gay, Adam is not. Are they more than best friends?

It takes getting hit by a car and a hard knock to the head for Adam to see his friend in a different way... and to figure out what he wants from Joey. And it makes sense why it took him so long- I was wondering abou
  • Eight Days
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Wish List
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Inspiration
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Shawn's Voice
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Something to Believe In
  • Bianca's Plan
  • A Trouble Halved
  • A Great Miracle Happened There
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
CHRIS SCULLY lives in Toronto, Canada. She grew up spinning romantic stories in her head and always dreamed of one day being a writer even though life had other plans. Her characters have accompanied her through career turns as a librarian and an IT professional, until finally, to escape the tedium of a corporate day job, she took a chance and began putting her daydreams down on paper.

Tired of the
More about Chris Scully...

Inseparable (2 books)
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable, #2)