Start by marking “Suddenly Sexy” as Want to Read:
Suddenly Sexy

Suddenly Sexy (Sexy #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  1,028 ratings  ·  70 reviews
In this captivating contemporary romance, sure to delight readers of Rachel Gibson and Susan Elizabeth Phillips, a small-town wallflower learns that in the game of love, being shy gets you nowhere.

Kate Bloom’s ordered world is turned upside down when notorious bad boy and superstar athlete Jesse Chapman comes home. Seeing him again reminds Kate of all the reasons she har
Published August 31st 2004 by Ivy Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Suddenly Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suddenly Sexy

Michelle [Helen Geek]
01/26/2015 --

One of my favorite authors is Rachel Gibson. I recently re-read most of her books. She had a new release that was seriously just a teaser. I feel so teased. Why am I telling you this?

Well, I was looking for something like that. A "new to me" author and this looked good [the copy I have has a seriously sexy man in a cowboy hat]. So, call me a cover slut because this wasn't all that.

It was just meh .. ** .. okay. As I was reading it, I'd get bored and then something would happen and
Oriana
OMG! I'm in love with Jesse Chapman! Seriously golf isn't my thing, but give me a golfer like him and I'll play, watch, whatever it takes to be with him.

Notorious bad boy (of golf of all things) Jesse Chapman was good looking with a swing that could take Tiger Woods for a spin. Golfing was his life, but so was women and liquor...but now Jesse was a hero, or at least that what others thought of him, not so much what he thought of himself.

Katherine Bloom at 27 was still trying to figure out who sh
Musing
Suddenly Sexy by Linda Francis Lee is a contemporary romance set in Texas. From the opening email between Kate and her friend and boss Julia, you become immersed in the witty, intelligent and sometimes humiliating world of Kate Bloom, News Anchor at KTEX TV West Texas. For many years, Kate has been playing it safe, both in the workplace and in her social life. Timid and reserved from growing up under the frivolous parenting of her mother, she has created a world, which is risk free, responsible ...more
Jamie DeBree
I really loved all three of the books in this series. I bought "Suddenly Sexy" first, and then I *needed* to read "Simply Sexy", and by then, I couldn't not read "Sinfully Sexy", because this trilogy is the story of three very close but very different friends who stay together...I'm not really sure how, with as different as their personalities are. But somehow they all complement, challenge and ground each other without serious damage when things go awry.

The men...well. I mean, we are talking ro
Karen Grage
I almost stopped reading this one. I found the way Jesse's son was dropped into the story with no questions asked to be totally unrealistic to the point of 'you've got to be kidding me'. I also found Jesse's brother Derek to be a bit of an 'overreacter'. Treating Jesse like a child at every turn. But I kept reading. It got better.

After I got past those two things, the story line became much more realistic. Jesse dealing with his deamons, Kate dealing with her's. There was even that point where I
Amber
Someone posted that this book was inexpensive and that they really liked it. I can't remember who. I wish I did because I want to thank them. This was good, very good. It's fluff with the next door love and all that, but it's also good. And does have a slight darker tinge to it, (view spoiler) ...more
Lauren
Really loved the plot of this one. Bad boy hero forever in love with his heroine but never feeling good enough for her. One of my favorite kind of plots.

The author did a good job with flash backs of showing the heros emotional states and why he had the feelings he had for the heroine. And it was easy for me to see why the herione's heart would forever belong to the bad boy. Got to love a modern day reformed rake.
Tarri
Kate, Chloe, and Julia are best friends, co-workers, and life-long neighbors. Each has a story and the author carries their friendship through each book. often with e-mails at the beginning of the chapters.

This is the first book in the Sexy trilogy. They are entertaining and quick reads. Each book has sexy men and women who really don't know who they are, but it is enjoyable finding out who they can be.

Kate Bloom is a news anchor at a Texas television station which is in dire need of revenue.
Shelly
This is a cute series. Sappy, but fun. Who doesn't need a little light reading sometimes?
Anita
I grabbed this book off my library share rack and am not impressed. I will not be reading the other two books.

The trilogy is about three lifelong friends who work at an El Paso, TX TV station. Ratings are down and Kate needs a new image. The old one was a bit to conservative. She starts a new show to showcase the new Kate, except the new Kate has no clue who she is or what to do. Jesse, the bad boy El Paso golf hero, returns to town in order to get his game back. Both he and Kate have a long his
Joy
A good story, dragging at times when it comes to the investigation side, but although the characters rekindled their flames in 2 weeks, it seemed like a long time. This is different from the other novels; in here the hero and heroine (Charles and Penelope) have a history together. This story is about true love and how time tested it, both are hesitant at first but if not for Charles's persistence, nothing would come out of their relationship. This novel focused more on Charles's life as a spy an ...more
Cheryl
I picked up this book from amazon because Eloisa James hyped Lee's books (and the trilogy is on sale for $3 a pop).

It was a decent, fairly light romance novel. It followed the expected formula with only one or two surprises, but it was well written and I'll probably pick up the next two books. (C'mon, they're only $6 total).

I honestly don't think I've read a story where the hero is a pro golfer, so that was unique, and amusing. Lee either has played golf or did a lot of research, because her kno
Ana T.
I can't remember why I put this one in the TBR pile anymore but my guess is that it was because it is a mix of second chance at love / friends to lovers kind of story. After finishing it I am left with mixed feelings about it because I felt there were too many things happening at once.

Kate Bloom is a news anchor in a small Texas town; she has been in love with Jesse Chapman, now a famous golfer, since they were children. Jesse, however, did not feel he was good enough for Kate and has stayed awa
Red
Lisa
This was my first "contemporary romance" novel and I must say that I'm impressed. There was much more substance to this book than I anticipated. The story follows Kate Bloom, a woman who is kind of set in her ways and very happy with where she is until her world is kind of turned upside down. Her friends and co-workers, Julia and Chloe, ask her to spice up her show "Getting Real with Kate" AND to add to her ever-increasing stress, an old friend/crush and athlete/bad boy, of course, Jesse comes b ...more
Trina Knittle
Okay I will admit going into this book I was pretty sure I was going to not like it. But this year I am trying something new with my reading and that is to give all books a chance. I just have to say super happy I did. I ended up really enjoying this book I didn't love it, but I did end up liking it. This si definitely a summer read and with the weather were having in california it definitely fit the timing.
Mia Adorable
This was a great read. Very sweet and poigant. This is a story about growing up, finding yourself and falling in love. It is a wholesome kind of love. Kate and Jessie; 4 years apart. Love from the very beginning of childhood growing into what we all dream about. Katie has loved Jessie all her life and unknown to Katie, Jesse has loved her since he's laid eyes on her when she was little. Growing up Katie had always run to Jesse for assurance and safety and he provided that for her but he too real ...more
Cc
Nov 12, 2014 Cc rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014, ebook
Kate and Jesse

I expected this book to be fluffy and funny. It had it's funny moments but it was much more a character study. Everyone is telling Kate to be this or that and she tries only to find that life is better when you're just yourself.

Jesse has his own problems including a previously unknown 12 year-old son to come to terms with.

Sue
Jesse was great and I loved that they were friends as kids. His story about her is so sweet when she was little. If only that would happen in real life...But this was a good love story...great scenes, boy, the build up each time they were together made me feel like i was there with them...phew! Loved the ending and everything in between!
Donna
The women of KTEX Julia Boudreaux station owner and her two best friends Kate Bloom, Anchorwoman and Chloe Sinclair, station manager. El Paso Texas will never be the same.

Suddenly Sexy (Sexy #1) – Kate Bloom has had a crush on Jesse Chapman bad-boy golfer since she was 3. Now he is back in town and living in her guest cottage. Jesse has issues and just came back to town to get his golf game straight. He doesn't need the distraction of sweet Katie Bloom. But could she be the answer to his issues?
Beth
3.5 stars!!!!

This was a fun, quick read! It had some really funny parts that had me laughing out loud. I rounded up to 4 stars all because of Jesse Chapman!! He is worth reading this book!! Trust me, that man is HOTTTT! :)
patricia a thoma
Fun easy read

Good book for reading on a cold snowy day easy to pick up after a break and continue without having to think who was who. Not a lot of names to be concluding
Karen
I liked the concept of the story but underwhelmed with execution. It seemed to drag on with unnecessary dialog of email and maybe a kiss from Jesse or maybe not. My review is too long....
Deb Ochodnicky
Suddenly sexy

Fantastic! Such enjoyable story plot and a very different story plot that just kept going and was very exciting to keep reading!
Lynn Aoude
It wasn't that fancy. Pretty predictable, even the last hole in the golf tournament. Kate was a mess, she had no willpower. She couldn't even stand up to her best friend, let alone take a stand against Jesse. Now Jesse was his own kind of mess. Granted his father messed him up pretty bad, but to leave all this baggage without dealing with it all this time, that's just sad. And what's with his protecting Kate all the time? You want to protect her from yourself, deal with your crap 'cause even if ...more
Pam Wade
I love alI like how she develops the characters. Would have preferred not having the email, though.
Colleen
It was at the cabin we were vacationing in. What can I say? I read it while fishing!
Karschtl
Kate has her own TV show and a superstar is her next guest: Jesse Chapman, a very successful golfer. Incidentally the two are childhood friends, and since Jesse needs a time-out from his hectic life as a sportsman he seeks refugee in his old home town - more specifically in Kate's guest cottage where he hopes to overcome his 'golfer's block'.

Of course their old flame sparks up again, but can their romance really overcome their (mostly Jesse's) problems.

Mmmh, not really a quick read - since you k
Joni
Good read, not quiet a rachel gibson or SEp book, but still enjoyable!
  • How to Trap a Tycoon
  • Honey Trap
  • All the Right Angles
  • I'm In No Mood For Love  (Writer Friends, #2)
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Blame It On Cupid
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
  • Head Over Heels
  • Knock Me for a Loop (Chicks with Sticks #3)
  • The Heartbreaker (Chandler Brothers, #3)
  • Drive Me Wild
  • How To Seduce A Texan
  • No Money Down (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #0.5)
Linda Francis Lee is a native Texan now calling New York City home. Linda's writing career began when her article "There Is No Finish Line" was published in her university's quarterly magazine. But she got sidetracked from writing when she started teaching probability and statistics. Later she found her way back to writing, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution called her breakout novel, Blue Waltz ...more
More about Linda Francis Lee...

Sexy (3 books)
  • Sinfully Sexy
  • Simply Sexy
Emily and Einstein The Glass Kitchen: A Novel of Sisters The Devil in the Junior League The Ex-Debutante Sinfully Sexy