Start by marking “Breezier, Cheesier, Newest, and Bluest: What Are Comparatives and Superlatives?” as Want to Read:
Breezier, Cheesier, Newest, and Bluest: What Are Comparatives and Superlatives?

Breezier, Cheesier, Newest, and Bluest: What Are Comparatives and Superlatives? (Words are CATegorical)

Rhymes from Brian P. Cleary and comical illustrations from Brian Gable pair up to introduce readers to comparatives and superlatives, forms of describing words that compare two or more things. The ever-SILLIER CATegorical cats make it the MOST FUN grammar book yet.
Published March 1st 2013 by Millbrook Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Breezier, Cheesier, Newest, and Bluest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breezier, Cheesier, Newest, and Bluest

Becky
Jan 03, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley.

This is the newest book in the Words Are CATegorical series of books. I have used these books in my classroom in the past, and the kids love the rhythm and rhyme, as well as the funny pictures. This book continues on the path of the previous books in the series. It will make reviewing comparatives and superlatives fun for them. I love how these books can be used with multiple grade levels. When you are introducing a grammar concept, these books ma
Vidya Tiru
Feb 12, 2013 Vidya Tiru rated it it was amazing

This book is a fun way to teach grammar concepts to kids. The wacky illustrations and quirky rhymes will surely bring a smile and educate at the same time. My kids read the book aloud and tried making up more comparatives and superlatives as they read the book – it showed me that they caught on to the concept very well as soon as they read the book. A helpful chart provided at the end of the book describes how to form more of these words.
This is a good addition to your personal library as well a
Dolly
Apr 14, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We really enjoy the books by this author. He makes learning fun, and this is a silly and humorous rhyming book about comparatives and superlatives. His books really entertain children while teaching them basic concepts. Our girls really like them, although they are starting to consider them a bit too young. The illustrations are cartoony and cute, too - we love the cats.

We've read all of the books in the Words are CATegorical series that we can get at our local library and we've really enjoyed t
Andrea
Mar 17, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
I love this series of books. They provide simple grammar lessons with fun rhymes, pictures and text. This one provides a simple overview of the rules used when making adjectives into comparatives and superlatives. It doesn't serve as a sole explanation for all of the rules and exceptions, but is a great introduction for more formal grammar lessons. It could be read to kindergartners as a foundation for their language skills, and definitely used in early elementary.

I received an eARC of this titl
Tera
Jan 15, 2013 Tera rated it it was amazing
Once again another great categorical book. It's filled with vivid and engaging pictures to clarify an enforce the text. Rhyming text makes it easy to read and the flow works well for reading out loud.
The Reading Countess
Feb 01, 2013 The Reading Countess rated it really liked it
Breezier would make a great book to introduce some of the crazy rules that the English language has in any elementary school classroom. This title would especially be helpful in an ESOL classroom.

*Netgalley provided
Gigi
Jan 02, 2013 Gigi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 8 and up
This latest installment of Words are CATagorical does not disappoint. What a wonderful way to show children about superlatives and comparatives. Entertaining and engaging pictures definitely add to the appeal of this book.
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
jean carroll
jean carroll rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Clare Cannon
Nov 10, 2014 Clare Cannon marked it as one-day
Shelves: netgalley
expired
Audra Rowell
Audra Rowell rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Mrs Bond
Mrs Bond rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
PWRL
May 06, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Canadian Reader
Canadian Reader rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
John Lukondi
John Lukondi rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Noreen Hernan
Noreen Hernan rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Kaylee
Kaylee rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Annie Pasma
Annie Pasma rated it really liked it
May 11, 2013
Samantha Jo
Samantha Jo is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2013
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Berit
Berit marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Shanna Dos
Shanna Dos marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Ayra
Ayra marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Shalina
Shalina marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Geovanni Popoca
Geovanni Popoca marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Brandy
Brandy added it
Oct 01, 2015
Gelene Keever
Gelene Keever marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Dragos Alexandru
Dragos Alexandru marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Mubark9993
Mubark9993 marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Gina
Gina added it
May 18, 2016

Words are CATegorical (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • I'm and Won't, They're and Don't: What's a Contraction?
  • Dearly, Nearly, Insincerely
  • Hairy, Scary, Ordinary: What Is an Adjective?
  • How Much Can a Bare Bear Bear?: What Are Homonyms and Homophones?
  • I and You and Don't Forget Who
  • A Mink, a Fink, a Skating Rink: What Is a Noun?
  • Pitch and Throw, Grasp and Know: What Is a Synonym?
  • Stop and Go, Yes and No: What Is an Antonym?
  • To Root, to Toot, to Parachute