The Kings Man (King Rolen's Kin #3.5)

The Kings Man (King Rolen's Kin)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In the Chronicles of King Rolen's Kin trilogy everyone believed Garzik had been killed. This ebook exclusive reveals what happened to him.

When Dovecote estate fell, Garzik, younger son of Lord Dovecote, was captured and sent back to Merofynia as a prize of war. Feeling responsible for the fall of his father’s estate – and therefore, ultimately, the fall of the Kingdom of R...more
ebook
Published December 6th 2012 by Solaris (first published December 4th 2012)

Bob Milne
If you're already a fan of the Chronicles of King Rolen's Kin, odds are you were left hanging after the end of the third book, and are anxiously looking forward to the release of Kingbreaker in late 2013. The King's Man doesn't off up any developments or revelations to make that wait any easier, but it does tell an interesting side-story of a character we all assumed lost . . . and whom, I suspect, may come to play an important role in the story yet to come.

In her e-book only novella, Rowena Cor...more
Gavin Gates
This is a short novella, which is always something I look forward to reading as you are pretty much guaranteed to be thrown in to a fast paced adventure and have no worries about being up all night trying to get to the end. Daniells' writing lends itself perfectly to this sort of novel, following the lead character 'Garzik' almost exclusively on a very bleak and unfortunate adventure kicking off in an ill fated mission and continuing on giving out as much hope as despair while he slowly turns fr...more
Mieneke
When I found out there was an e-novella appearing in the King Rolen's Kin universe I cheered. I fell in love with the world earlier this year and the wait for the final book until late 2013 is a long one, so to get an unexpected return there – even if only a short one – was delightful. When I opened The King's Man in iBooks and it turned out to be about Garzik I squee-ed. I was sad when Orrade's scrubby little brother was seemingly killed, so to find out he'd be back was a lovely surprise.

Garzik...more
Sean the Bookonaut
The King’s Man is an an exclusive ebook set in the world of the King Rolen’s Kin Trilogy. Its official release date is the 6th of December.

Lucky for you(but more so for me), I have through my knowledge of the Dark Arts™ managed to obtain a copy ahead of release, by which I mean Rowena asked if I would like to read it.

Long time readers will know that I am a fan of Rowena’s work. Her fantasy writing is economical (no padding), engaging, superlatively paced and at times deceptively crunchy.

The King...more
Tsana Dolichva
The King's Man by Rowena Cory Daniells is a novella set in the King Rolen's Kin universe. It follows, Garzik, one of the characters whose fate in the trilogy is not definitively known (he's presumed dead when he disappears). It (and this review) contains some spoilers for the ending of book two, The Uncrowned King, but not any for book 3, The Usurper. The story starts just before the end of book two and while it fills a gap the trilogy doesn't cover, I don't think previous knowledge of the trilo...more
Tsana Dolichva
Blodeuedd Finland
This is a novella from Daniell's King Rolen's Kin world. The main character is Garzik, the son of Lord Dovecote. And it was believed Garzik was dead. But he sure was not.

This is a novella from Daniell's King Rolen's Kin world. The main character is Garzik, the son of Lord Dovecote. And it was believed Garzik was dead, but that is the thing, he survived.

It's a not so short novella, it does have over 120 pages, and it also leaves the ending open. It is both hopeful and not so hopeful at the end. S...more
Raman
For whatever reason, this book felt better written than the first 3 in the series. There was less exposition in general and the pace was picked up alot. The shortness of the book probably contributed to that a bit. The downside of the shortness was that I felt like I wanted more of a sense of place in this book. We discover a whole new culture and a whole new world in this book, but not alot of time is devoted to showing this to us. The little there was is very interesting though.

Best one of the...more
Garrett
I just finished 'The Usurper' book 3 in King Rolens Kin. I really want to start reading 'The King Breaker' and finish the series! BUT..... What's yalls take on reading 'The Kings Man' first? Is it worth it or will I get just as much out of the series if I skip it? Because I'd really like to finish the series.
Bryek
I seem to be giving out 5 stars a lot more recently than I have in the past but I think that might be because most of the books have been by authors whose previous work I have fallen in love with.

Daniells does it again for me in The Kings Man. She seems to build worlds that captivate me and the insight into the Utlanders is fantastic. Their culture is very different than any other I have read about in a long time and this is something that Daniells' has done with the outcast chronicles and now...more
Chantel Greyling
great book. so glad i can finish the series now. on to the last one
Shady Lubbad
tooo short...... i think his story would become even better than byrans...
Sanjee
Sanjee marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Wilma Suddes
Wilma Suddes marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Dovile
Dovile marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Samir Naji
Samir Naji marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Hamza
Hamza marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Israel Cruz
Israel Cruz marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Athos
Athos marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jenn S.
Jenn S. marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Sarah Staszkiel
Sarah Staszkiel marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Donna Johnson
Donna Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Dougie
Dougie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Dorkboy
Dorkboy marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I write the kind of books that keep you up all night.

I write the kind of books that got you reading fantasy way back when. I also write gritty crime-noir with a touch of paranormal under RC Daniells.

I've been trying to add The Price of Fame to my published books section. But it keeps ending up in my 'read' books section. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I am unashamedly a Genre Writer!

(Many thanks to...more
More about Rowena Cory Daniells...
The King's Bastard (King Rolen's Kin, #1) The Uncrowned King (King Rolen's Kin, #2) The Usurper (King Rolen's Kin, #3) Besieged (The Outcast Chronicles, #1) Exile (The Outcast Chronicles, #2)