Start by marking “Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)

Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Have you ever wondered what could be hiding in the shadows?

Well, for eighteen-year-old Zahara Faraday, she doesn’t have to wonder. You see she comes from a lineage of Light Witches, those who have chosen to help protect and serve between the supernatural world and the human world. The only problem is Zahara, like her father Solomon, is as human as a human being can be wher
Published January 31st 2013 by Self-Published (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lucifer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucifer

Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura   HowardBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneWait for You by J. LynnRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
93rd out of 211 books — 1,400 voters
A Shade of Vampire by Bella ForrestThe Wronged Sons by John MarrsStarshine by G.S. JennsenTell Me You Want Me by Amelia JamesA Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King
Best of Little-Known Authors
363rd out of 4,025 books — 3,690 voters

More lists with this book...

Katy
Jan 10, 2013 Katy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans o YA urban fantasy
Shelves: i-edited
Disclosure: I edited this book. I receive no remuneration based upon sales. All opinions are my own.

Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of YA urban fantasy, magical reality
Trigger Warnings: Violence
Book Available: February or March 2013

Synopsis: Have you ever wondered what could be hiding in the shadows?

Sapir
This book was very enjoyable! It reminded me a little of City of Bones - one of my favorite books ever.
The idea was very original and kept me interested during the book. I really liked the fighting scenes - they were actually my favorite part! I like action in books, and this one was packed with it (:
I also liked Zahara, the book's main character. I really like reading books about characters I can relate to, and the fact the Zahara was a bookworm, just like me, really made me like her! What I lo
Dale Ibitz
This could have been rated 3+ or 4-...I went with 4- because the overall concept is a good one, and I liked the exposure to supernatural beings that I've not met before (a.k.a Imagos). Also, I was curious what would happen in the end, and there was a little twist I wasn't expecting. You all know how I love me some twists!

I have to tell you, the prologue (written in a different time period than the present-time main story) and Lucer's POV had a great voice and flavor that was lost in the present-
Pam
Zahara knows all about the supernatural world. She has grown up in a family that hunts down rogue supernaturals. While her mom and aunt are members of the Light Witches, Zahara and her dad are human. She along with her best friend Becca have some defense training from her dad. The family would like to keep her away from that life but she has a habit of going after rogues or jumping in when she thinks someone is in trouble. Soon Zahara finds she has a different reason for staying out of the super ...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Lines “If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?”

“I’m starting to think we were being a lot smarter when we doubted he was more than just another hot bad boy,”

“I know you’re strong, I know you can handle what we are and what we do; you’re so much like your mother.” He smiled lovingly. “But no matter how old you get, I still see that little kid who wrapped her arms around my leg and vowed she would never let go. The idea of losing you rips my heart apar
Mariela
Lucifer Review: Genre: YA/NA urban fantasy/supernatural

In this book you will find demons, Nephelims, Angels, witches, faeries .
It was a great read, very entertaining. Zahara and Becca are great female characters. I loved them because they are not the whiny type . They did not let anything or anyone bring them down .
Zahara comes from a line of witches , her mom and her aunt are witches but Zahara is just a human with not powers, just like her dad. But they always trained her to fight the supe
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
I knew it. I really really knew it. Sigh.

Full review on Thursday for the Blog Tour. :)
Saptarshi Prachi
*** I was given a review copy of this book from the author in return for my honest review***

Whew! I honestly don't know how to properly describe this book. It was one of the most intense books I have read, with pretty much non stop action. This book grabbed me from the second I started reading and I wasn't able to stop until I finished it. It had a little of everything I love to read, all rolled into one big incredible story!

This story had so many twists and turns! Like I said before, there were
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Firstly I would like to thank Diane at Oops! I Read A Book Again for letting me take part in this blog tour and for Annabell Cadiz the review copy I was sent. This of course has no way affected my review. This is the first of many blog tours that are coming up before the end of this year and I hope you are all very excited about them. Anyway back to the book. I loved it. It was exactly what I look for in a Fantasy book and is perfect for this blog.

I instantly loved Zahara and her best friend Bec
Lou
Zahara is your average 18 year old girl. She goes to school, has a best friend and lives with her family. The only difference is that her mother and aunt are light witches, and as a family they hunt rogue supernaturals.

Zahara's parents have tried to keep Zahara away from hunting as much as possible. But when Zahara sees a human couple being attacked by fairies, and decides that she can't stand back and do nothing.

At work Zahara is given the task of training the new boy Bryan. Zahara's best frien
Claire
I didn't read the synopsis for this, so had no idea what to expect. And truthfully...i'm glad i didn't.

A strange story, but oddly compelling to read.
Our main characters are Zahara and Becca. Zahara is a daughter of 2 powerful witches, but has no powers herself. becca is her best friend, who just happened to find out about the supernatural world and is trained along Zahara just in case.

They work in a book store and a new person starts to work there, Bryan, who shows interest in Zahara straight a
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal)
The book opened up with almost immediate action, so I started out intrigued and wanted to know more. As I kept reading, I really did enjoy myself for the most part. Zahara is an interesting girl, with a smart mouth and some kick-ass loyalty to her friends and family. Even if that does lead to her jumping into dangerous situations without always thinking it through. Her friend Becca is loud, sassy and unafraid to say it straight (even if what she's saying might be somewhat embarrassing). But she ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Okay first I have to say CONGRATS to Annabell on her debut release! She has done a great job at writing a paranormal world where things are not always as they seem. Things go bump in the night and if your not careful they will bump into you. I have to say that I was thoroughly immersed in this story and I could not put it down. For all you paranormal lovers out there this is a must read to add to your list!

Zahara comes from a long line of Light Witches that protects humans from the supernatural
Kristen
GENRE: YA Paranormal
THEME: Romance, Demons, Angels
RECEIVED: Blog Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
I love discovering new authors and cant wait for more books by Annabell Cadiz, the writing was well crafted, and characters developed nicely with the plots twist and turns that just kept me hooked. This is a paranormal trilogy to look out for and get your hands on it asap!

Lucifer follows Zahara a young girl who comes from a family of powerful Light Witches. Zahara is human unlike her
Anne Tilney

New Adult fiction has been inaccurately described as “smut” fiction by some due to the fact that many NA books have more adult subject matters such as sex scenes. This newly formed genre has faced a lot of criticism. Yet Lucifer by Annabell Cadiz shows that New Adult isn’t “smut” fiction. It is incredible to see how this story has transformed and changed so much as time progressed. I remember reading an old draft of Lucifer and the changes are night and day.

Even though I know the author, this re
Bridget Strahin
Please keep in mind, the author is my best friend. With that being said, this review is completely biased in every sense of the word. Honest, but biased.

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you met an actual angel from up above? Well, Zahara Faraday has met an angel and what did she do? She kicked his butt!

Zahara, an eighteen year old normal all American Floridian, is just looking forward to college life and spending the summer alongside her bestie Becca. Then it all goes to hell in a han
Darian Carter-Pace
(This review and more at My blog)
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Series book: Yes
Will I read the next book: Uh probably not, but a definite maybe

This book was okay. When I got to chapter three, I was all for abandoning it right then and there. There were so many problems with this book, including the editing and the constant updated on what everyone was wearing. There were some redeeming qualities, but very few.
The writing was...okay. The editing...not even okay. There was a missing word here and there,
Anncleire
Blog Tour October 26th
Review + Except

“Lucifer” è entrato nella mia immensa lista perché volevo aiutare Dianne del blog Oops! I read a book again che è sempre stata gentile e disponibile nei miei riguardi e che ci tenevo davvero a dare una mano. In fondo sono fatta così, male, ma non sono riuscita a tirarmi indietro. Un paranormale come non me lo sarei mai aspettata pieno di azione, iniziativa e romanticismo.

Vi siete mai chiesti cosa potrebbe nascondersi t
Brandee Price
Annabell Cadiz has woven an entertaining yarn in Lucifer, the first in her Sons of Old trilogy. It weaves together religious mythology with other supernatural elements to create a pretty good story.

Lucifer takes on the biblical story of Lucifer and puts a new spin on it. In this tale, Lucifer was wronged by a Light Witch, a powerful member of her coven, and has been seeking revenge against her and her family. The search has taken quite some time, but at long last he's found her. The one he'll us
Christy
Lucifer by Annabell Cadiz is the first book in what promises to be an exciting new series. In a world where angels and demons walk among us, someone must keep the balance. And that includes Zahara's family and their very good friends.

I was a little apprehensive about the book since I've read first novels by younger authors before and have been disappointed by the lack of continuity in their stories. This was not the case when reading Lucifer though. Ms. Cadiz really knows how to keep the reade
Lisa
I loved this book from the moment I opened the first page on my kindle. Actually no, I loved this book from the moment I saw the cover, I mean how stunning are her eyes.

Zahara is a typical eighteen year old, enjoying the summer before college starts with her best friend Becca, well I say typical, perhaps being the daughter of a light witch isn't typical for most teenage girls but its the norm for Zahara.

I loved how in this book Zahara's parents had a big role in the book, in so many YA books par
Sandie
Zahara Faraday is your average teenager. She spends her time hanging out with her best friend, Becca, working out at the gym, giggling over boys and working at the local bookstore. Just a normal life except for one thing. Zahara comes from a family of Light Witches, who use their magic powers to combat evil and hunt down rouge supernaturals such as fairies, goblins and Imagoes. Imagoes can control water and steal human souls.

While any day can bring a battle with one of the supernaturals, a cris
Dawn
Lucifer is full of action and romance from the very beginning.

The main character, Zahara, belongs to a family of witches and, although she doesn’t have the powers her mom and aunt have, she’s determined to fight evil. She and her best friend, Becca, are typical teens in that they tend to get into difficult situations because they don’t think things through.

The other characters in Zahara’s life are likeable. Her parents are great and are understandably overprotective. Both Bryan and Rekesh are th
Kristy Palau
First and for most I have to congratulate Annabell Cadiz on an outstanding job in Lucifer. As a friend of hers I know how hard she worked and I recommend this book for those who enjoy reading YA books. I love her characters especially Becca( I guess I can relate to her personality). If a book can make me laugh it has my vote absolutely. This book had it all and I enjoyed the action. It did remind me a bit of City of Bones which I just started reading the Series but she did add her own unique twi ...more
Tonyalee
Didn't finish. Mini review to come
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Lucifer Published on Amazon! 1 4 Feb 01, 2013 01:51PM
Sign up for the LAUNCH DAY TOUR OR BLOG TOUR! 1 4 Jan 16, 2013 04:05PM
Cover Reveal + Excerpt + Interview 1 3 Jan 01, 2013 01:30PM
COVER REVEAL VIDEO FOR LUCIFER! 1 4 Dec 12, 2012 06:18PM
Most anticipated book ever! 2 7 Dec 03, 2012 01:18PM
  • Keeper of the Lost Souls
  • Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)
  • The Promise (The Coven, #1)
  • Immortal Trust (The Curse of the Templars, #3)
  • Fire (Elements of Power, #1)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • The Forgotten Mountain (The Collectors' Society, #3)
  • Violet Dawn (Violet Night, #2)
  • This Wicked Magic (This Witchery #2)
  • Death Lies Between Us (An Angel Falls, #1)
  • Swift (Swift, #1)
  • The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1)
  • Fractured Soul (Fractured Light, #2)
  • The Demon's Daughter (Demon Outlaws, #1)
  • Dark Siren (Dark Siren, #1)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Witch Rising (Witch Song #2.5)
  • Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1)
Born and raised in the sweltering suburbs of South Florida, Annabell Cadiz grew up fine-tuned to the cuisine of various Spanish cultures, learned to master the art of Puerto Rican cooking thanks to her parents, and learned to converse crazy thanks to her band of siblings. She is now working toward attaining a B.A. in Psychology at Trinity International University to better understand how to conver ...more
More about Annabell Cadiz...

Sons of Old Trilogy (2 books)
  • Michael (Sons of Old Trilogy, #2)
Michael (Sons of Old Trilogy, #2) Nephilim (Sons of Old Trilogy, #3)

“Drive-by declaration of love, how romantic,” Becca joked.

Zahara smirked. “Hey, it’s either that or sending a carrier pigeon, but I have a feeling Rekesh would be pissed if a bird crapped all over him.” ~Zahara and Becca”
8 likes
“Zahara roared and threw herself at him, smacking Bryan back against the ground and swinging a right hook into his nose. She exclaimed in triumph as her fist connected with his face, hoping it hurt his nose as bad as the punch hurt her knuckles. Zahara’s triumphant smile turned into a yelp of pain as Bryan knocked her onto her back and rolled her onto her stomach, twisted her arms behind her, and locked them in place with a grip strong enough to bend steel.” 3 likes