Start by marking “Lead Me Home (Winds of Change #2)” as Want to Read:
Lead Me Home (Winds of Change #2)

Lead Me Home (Winds of Change #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  116 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Shiloh Griffin has no identity outside of her roles as pastor’s wife and mom. Some days that is enough. But not always. Particularly when she is partnered with the always confident, always gracious Jade Smith on a church ministry project. Rather than shying away from God in her nervousness, Shiloh clings to Him, seeking every day to redeem herself. When an opportunity aris ...more
Published July 13th 2013 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lead Me Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead Me Home

Melissa
May 13, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Well written and beautiful testimony about truth and letting God heal our past brokenness.
Linda
Jul 16, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Lead Me Home is a touching story that will appeal to women who either battle regrets from past decisions or who wrestle with inward vs. outward beauty; in other words, this book will resonate with virtually every woman! Stacy Hawkins Adams has created characters that are completely realistic: committed Christians who nevertheless still stumble and have weaknesses and need God's grace! Shiloh's story is the story of so many women in our churches today who are silenced by the shame of a decision m ...more
Annette Vellenga
Apr 24, 2016 Annette Vellenga rated it liked it
oday I am reviewing, on behalf of Booksneeze, the book Lead Me Home, written by Stacy Hawkins Adams.

I was sent this book in order to review it. I enjoyed reading this book, it was a good read, about the decisions that a pastor's wife made both good and bad and how God worked through them.

I found in intriguing to read about how people in a different church address their pastors and their wives...the behind the scenes stuff I found more interesting than the rest of the book.

Don't misunderstand me.
Connie
Oct 09, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it

The main character, Shiloh, has a deep, dark secret that has kept her in chains for years. She is afraid to tell others because she values their opinions and is afraid of how they would feel about her if they knew the truth. She can’t forgive herself and accept God’s forgiveness because she feels that the things she did were just to horrible to forgive. She is forced to make a decision about keeping her secret to herself when she becomes friends with a young girl who is going through what she on
Gina Hott
Jun 01, 2014 Gina Hott rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Hott Synopsis:
Shiloh Griffin has always felt the call for more but has relegated her life to that of wife and mother to honor a promise she made to God.
Now, almost twenty years later she lives each day with regret. She wouldn’t give up her husband and children for anything but sometimes she wishes there was more.

When an unexpected job offer comes her way Shiloh jumps at it sure that it’s God’s gift to her for honoring her promise but in accepting this gift Shiloh will have choices to make. Choi
Teri Rainey
Jul 14, 2013 Teri Rainey rated it it was amazing
Wow is all I can say! A must read for anyone.
Darlene
Mar 31, 2014 Darlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a very good book. I am looking forward to reading more by this author. This book shows you that no matter who you are, what your "status" in life, what you have done, we all have a past that needs to be dealt with in some way or another. The author focused around the wife of a Reverend, who had held onto secrets that destroyed one life, nearly destroyed her own life, but when one chooses to pray on the matter instead of dwelling on and letting it ruin your life, by God's grace, one shal ...more
Jalynn Patterson
Jul 12, 2013 Jalynn Patterson rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Shiloh Griffin has no identity outside of her roles as pastor's wife and mom. Some days that is enough. But not always. Particularly when she is partnered with the always confident, always gracious Jade Smith on a church ministry project. Rather than shying away from God in her nervousness, Shiloh clings to Him, seeking every day to redeem herself. When an opportunity arises for her to teach music at a local high school, she thinks maybe it's just the thing to give her more signif
Jennifer Lombardi
Aug 12, 2013 Jennifer Lombardi rated it really liked it
Lead Me Home by Stacy Hawkins Adams

Shiloh is a Pastor's wife and she stays home even though her boys are all in school. Shiloh is feeling down and almost worthless when a great job opportunity falls into her lap.Through this job Shiloh has to confront her past and work through it. Will her family still support and love her after she tells them her horrible secrets? I am certainly not going to tell you, you have to read the book and find out!

For me personally, this book started out slow and it to
Theresa
Oct 03, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it

"Lead Me Home" is a book that raises many issues within the context of fiction, that women grapple with.

The main character, Shiloh, is a pastor's wife who is struggling with her identity, calling, and memories of the past. The decisions she makes, (one of which is to go back to work and consequently finish her college degree), bring her in contact with other characters who are struggling with issues she herself dealt with (or didn't deal with), in her own life.

Shiloh is in effect, 'living a lie
Erin
Dec 01, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A beautiful story of love, loss, regret, and the healing power of God's grace. Shiloh Griffin is the perfect pastor's wife. She takes care of her family, leads the women's bible study, and supports her husband, but Shiloh has a secret that has been eating at her for years. Shiloh decides to take a temporary teaching position and meets a very gifted young girl, Monica. Monica shares with her that she is pregnant which strike a very sensitive chord with Shiloh. If she stands up for this girl she c ...more
Cilla
Nov 03, 2013 Cilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
"Lead Me Home" by Stacy Hawkins Adams is a heartwarming, emotional story about redemption and grace. Shiloh Griffin is a pastor's wife, mother, daughter, sister, and women's bible study leader. Despite having a full life, Shiloh is longing for more. The subtle voids in Shiloh’s life can only be filled once a twenty year old secret is revealed. This secret can impact the lives of her family and friends.

Filled with inspirational words and scriptures, "Lead Me Home" is a book that engulfs the read
Gail
This is a lovely, lovely story. I liked it a lot. It's the story of a preacher's wife who did something she is deeply ashamed of while she was in college and has been atoning for it ever since, trying to earn her way to God's forgiveness. The church is an African American Baptist church, but apparently Baptist is Baptist because it felt like home to this white Baptist girl. I really connected with the heroine's concerns and struggles. She wants to go back to finish her college degree, but isn't ...more
Liz
Nov 19, 2013 Liz rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Liz by: goodreads first reads
Stephanie Ziegler
Aug 05, 2013 Stephanie Ziegler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksneeze
"God forgives any sin that one is truly sorry for committing."

This is the second book in the Winds of Change series and you do not have to read the first book to read this one.

This book takes place over a three month period. It plays out very slowly but it is worth it.

This book touches many political and controversial subjects through God. This story is just not about Shiloh's secrets but the secrets of many others in the community. Issues that not only should be thought about, but addressed in
F.
Jan 26, 2014 F. rated it really liked it
I received this free book from the goodreads-first-reads giveaway. This was my first Stacy Adams novel and I enjoyed it. It is a beautiful story of how our experiences shape who we become and how we can use those experiences to help others in their time of need. Shiloh is an intriguing, complex, religious, loving woman who has a candid, open dialogue with her God and ultimately understands the power of faith, love, forgiveness and spiritual growth. I recommend this book for all of us (regardless ...more
Meagan
Oct 08, 2013 Meagan rated it really liked it
I received this book through the First Reads program.

What a lovely book! I do not read much Christian fiction because I have been disappointed with the quality, so I was so pleased to read this book. I am grateful to Stacy Hawkins Adams for creating high-quality, thoughtful, realistic Christian fiction.

I found the main character likable and honest without being overly introspective, and I appreciate that the character's growth in faith seems honest rather than forced.

I look forward to sharing t
Malinda
Jan 17, 2014 Malinda rated it really liked it
This book hit pretty close to home for me; it made me cry. A lot.

I received this book through Goodreads First Reads. I am incredibly grateful for these giveaways and for the opportunity that I had to read and review this book.

I am not a pastor's wife, but I am a mom. Some days I feel as though that is my only identity. I have been in situations like that of Shiloh; choosing to look away or choosing to help someone. It was a hard decision, just like it was in the book for Shiloh.

Rosetta
Mar 30, 2015 Rosetta rated it it was amazing
Great book! Stacy Hawkins Adams is a great writer. this book was easy to follow and a really good read.
Janet
Oct 20, 2013 Janet rated it liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars.

Stacy does another great job of getting your very interested in the characters right from the start.

I had a short slow period about 2/3 of the way in but was still interested to know what was going to happen. And a few points

She even threw in a small curve ball.

This book makes you realize how forgiving God is and how unforgiving we are to ourselves. This book reminds me of how I would like my relationship with God to be all the time.

Well done.
Denise
This is the first book that I have read by Stacy Adams and it was good. Shiloh is a mother and a pastor's wife and sometimes it seems that all she is. When she gets a chance to fill in for a high school music teacher, her dreams of teaching reawaken. But her students lives soon remind her of her past. Can she come clean and let people see the real her?
Michelle
Sep 10, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. After reading Coming Home, I didn't expect to like Shiloh at all. The author did a great job convincing me to love this character. The plot was believable and the characters realistic. I can't wait for the third book in the series.
Alexandra
Jan 01, 2014 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully written book which I read during a very hard time in my life. It made me feel better and not so alone. More review to come, trying to think the best way to sum it up without revealing my own personal issues.
Terita Parms
Mar 29, 2014 Terita Parms rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day it was encouraging, inspirational and it really spoke to me. It waa beautifully written and had a real message behind it.
Danita Lawrence
Jul 20, 2013 Danita Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Great read. Relevant to everyday life. At one point you think you have the story line figured out, but Mrs. Adams does a awesome job of adding more.
Darcee Kraus
May 21, 2014 Darcee Kraus rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A soulful journey I was honored to be a part of Adams' writing is emotionally inspiring.
Melissa
Sep 08, 2013 Melissa rated it it was ok
Too easily wrapped up and without believable tension.
Teresa Givens
Sep 30, 2013 Teresa Givens rated it it was amazing
loved it
Yarnetta
Yarnetta marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
  • The Last Woman Standing
  • When Perfection Fails (Victory Gospel Series, #3)
  • Don't Tell a Soul
  • Samson
  • Saving Face (Mount Faith #1)
  • Through the Storm
  • Last Temptation
  • A Good Man Is Hard to Find
  • Redeeming Waters
  • Merry Ex-Mas
  • So Over It (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #3)
  • Sister Betty Says I Do
  • Betrayal (Where The Heart Lives, #2)
  • Faithful
  • Blue Ridge Reunion (Barrett's Mill #1)
  • What Kind of Fool
  • Collide
Stacy Hawkins Adams is an award-winning inspirational women's fiction and nonfiction author, columnist columnist and speaker.

In her 9 novels, she weaves contemporary women's issues, social issues and matters of faith into creative plots that leave you rooting for some characters and furious with others. You'll put down one of her books feeling like you've left behind a friend.

Her most recent nove
More about Stacy Hawkins Adams...

Winds of Change (3 books)
  • Coming Home (Winds Of Change #1)
  • Finding Home (Winds of Change #3)

“She fixed a smile that she hoped looked authentic. Pretending to be content continued to be hard work.” 6 likes
“The door wasn’t closing. Shiloh’s spirit opened up as she considered the possibilities.” 2 likes