Start by marking “A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides #4.5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,976 ratings  ·  312 reviews
The Mackenzies gather for a clan Christmas and New Year's in Scotland. In the chaos of preparations for the celebration--the first of Hart and Eleanor's married life--one of Ian's Ming bowls gets broken, and the family scrambles to save the day. Daniel busily runs a betting ring for everything from the time Eleanor's baby will arrive to whether Mac's former-pugilist valet ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 137 pages
Published December 15th 2012 by JA / AG Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Mackenzie Family Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mackenzie Family Christmas

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasA Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasThe Duke's Match Girl - A Fiery Tale Novella by Lila DiPasquaA Mackenzie Family Christmas by Jennifer AshleyA Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh
Historical Christmas/Winter Romance
4th out of 177 books — 143 voters
Mischief Under the Mistletoe by Kristin MillerMistletoe Magic by Melissa McCloneTwelve Nights by Sharon StruthHome For Christmas by Melissa McCloneA Case for Calamity by Mackenzie Crowne
Christmas and Winter Novellas
23rd out of 307 books — 531 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

AWESOME!!! Another great Christmas story, free for a limited time at all these locations:

Smashwords :

5 brilliant stars!!!

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift is an amazing Christmas novella that wasn't too short, wasn't too long - in fact it is perfect
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by

The Mackenzie family celebrated Christmas together...

It was absolutely amazing...

Image Hosted by

And I loved every single second of it!

Jessica Hatfield
A cute little novella. I love that you get to see the whole family. See them spend the holidays together. Love the hell outta Ian and Beth. Ian is always stealing the show! It was sweet reading about the birth of Hart and El's son. A enjoyable quick read!
Jennifer Ashley
Made it. It's 12/15, and this book is out. See my website ( for links to Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords. Am working on the print edition. You can also sign up for an email blast for updates here:

Thanks to whoever set up this Goodreads page for the book!
Loved it!!! Loved it!!! We get all of our beloved Mackenzie men in one place, at one time with their lovely ladies. What could be a better Christmas than that? But with a broken priceless Ming bowl, all believe that beloved Ian will be coming apart at the seams at any time. So Beth and Hart scramble to find a replacement before Christmas to avoid a ticking time bomb. We also get to meet some of the babies and the trouble that they can get into in a busy household. We get to meet our future heroe ...more
5.00 Stars - Historical Holiday Romance.

Superb! Marvelous!

I sincerely thank Ms Ashley who has outdone herself with this beautiful novella with bits and pieces of events starring our favorite and unforgettable Mackenzie clan and more! Innovative as ever, Ashley once again draws in the readers with her beautiful writing, sensual storyline and poignant romance.

We get very satisfying glimpses of how the previous dazzling romance pairings in this series are faring about. There is intensity, laughter
5+ stars! Who can resist JA's Mackenzie brothers and their kilts? LOVED it!!

(view spoiler)
Kitten Mercer
"I don't need the bowls to give me peace anymore," Ian said. "I have you. And Jamie, and Belle. If all the Ming bowls in the world were smashed, I'd still have you. You broke the bowl, and it is gone. But you are here, and whole. Nothing else matters."

5 brilliant stars! I wasn't supposed to read this, not until after I've finished the other books. But I just couldn't help it, I can't get enough of Lord Ian Mackenzie and his Beth. My heart is swelling with happiness. Reading this novella was pu
Nothing like the Mackenzie brothers to give you the warm and fuzzies. This is puuuurrrrrrfect!
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Oh, wow! This truly is the perfect gift!

It's December 1884, and the Mackenzie family gathers at the Kilmorgan Castle for the holidays.
And, when I say "family" I mean the whole family! Ian and Beth, Mac and Isabella, Cameron and Ainsley, Hart and Eleanor, Daniel, David Fleming, Ainsley's brothers, Eleanor's father, Isabella's mother and sister, Lloyd Fellows, plus all the children and dogs. Let's not forget those dogs.

I've enjoyed reading this novella immensely. Seeing the Mackenzies together, an
A beautiful Christmas novella about the Mackenzie family. Every one of the brothers and characters of future books are included, with small private stories, lots of laughter, love and the birth of a long awaited child making this a sweet addition to the series. If you haven't read the Mackenzie series by Jennifer Ashley, I would highly recommend checking it out!!
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*

I didn’t know how much I’d missed those sexy Mackenzies and what a treat to have them all gathered together with their wives and offspring. There’s so much going on in this story but Jennifer Ashley seems to balance all the different threads so perfectly.

At the heart of the book is the power of family and love and it’s wonderful to watch their overwhelming support of each other in times of trouble.

I love all the Mackenzie brothers but Ian stole the show for me. He simply me
Laura the Highland Hussy
Quick Review:

"The Perfect Gift" was a great read. It was like a gift to all the readers who would love to see what the holidays with the Mackenzie clan are like.

I loved it, and Ian really says the sweetest things.

Ian bought another one of his priceless Ming bowls and Beth accidentally broke it. The whole family pitches in to try to replace it. We see each couple from previous books, we see Daniel growing up, and we even see the newest Mackenzie brother Fellows.

This was my favorite Christmas rea
Jennifer Ashley
The German edition of Mackenzie Family Christmas! It is out in E- worldwide, and the print edition just arrived:

Print: (should be available in Germany via Amazon or Book Depository soon).

Ebook (Amazon Germany):

This is also uploaded via XinXii, so should be available at many German e-book vendors.
This was a wonderful, warm, happy, Christmas and New Year's with the entire Mackenzie Clan. It was not without it's drama of course, one of Ian's Ming bowls get broken (oh dear), we get to witness Hart's first child born (oh my god I cried) and get to see Cameron in a boxing match. And of course lots of tender, sexy moments with the men and their wives. (oh my heart be still).

And I assume we got a glimpse into future books. yes oh yes!

I loved this gem and it was a perfect holiday with the Macken
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Absotuley A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
 photo tumblr_mf3xnqg0wd1qm4cfuo1_250_zpsa3e37c29.gif

photo a_zps96452c26.gif
I LOVED reading about the MacKenzie clan in this short Christmas novel. Since I read about Ian, I want more about MazKenzie's clan.

Jennifer Ashley is a wonderful writer, it was a very good book and I really enjoyed it!!

photo 397_zpsce2e1fab.gif
Lady Wesley
29 Sep 2013: Jennifer Ashley's Christmas gift to readers -- this ebook is free at all etail sites. I don't know for how long, so don't delay!

If you're a fan of clan MacKenzie, as I am, you'll enjoy catching up with them as they gather to celebrate Christmas and Hogmanay (that's Scots New Year's Eve) at Castle Kilmorgan. All the brothers, and their wives and children, are featured, along with others who've appeared only in passing -- Ainsley's four brothers, David Fleming, Isabella's sister Louis
Well done, Ms Ashley!
I. Want. More!!!
Can't wait December 31 for the next book!
This was a pleasant holiday treat that brought together all of my favorite Mackenzie characters and their wives. My all time favorite book has always been "The Madness of Ian Mackenzie" as he has Asperger's Syndrome just like my oldest daughter. So, to get to read another story with Ian in it is a bonus for me and one that I enjoyed very much. Jennifer Ashley is an author whom I adore, and I read everything that she writes and enjoy her stories immensely.
This story brings the Mackenzie clan toge

This is a wonderful holiday-themed addition to a great series! All of the couples from books past are together for Christmas and Hogmanay (Scottish New Year) and their holidays are marked by both small tragedies and joyous surprises.

The story thread that really stood out for me was Ian and Beth's. Ian is always a captivating character and Ashley does a wonderful job of highlighting his unique thought process and his utter devotion to Beth. It is comforting and warming to know that the
Beanbag Love
This was a great Christmas gift. Just what I needed! I enjoyed the vignette approach with Beth and Ian as the through line. I loved revisiting the characters and seeing new ones. I love the chaos of this brood and their eccentric servants. And their dogs, too, of course.

It's a novella but it's 48,000 words so it's really just short of a full novel. I was disappointed in Hart and Eleanor's story, but now I can't wait for the next book to come out. The excerpt was a sublimely evil tease.

It's cheap
Rating: B+ ... Heat: Warm

I love the Mackenzie men. Plain and simple. And I was excited - ecstatic - to read this novella and catch up with my favorite kilt clad men. My only problem with it is the many, many points of view. Every Mackenzie and every wife and a few more people. That's 11 or more view points. My favorite of which is always Ian. Love him with all my heart.

This was definitely The Perfect Gift for us Highland Pleasures fans this holiday. Thank you, Miz Ashley!
This is not a new romance, I'd describe it as an epilogue to the series so far. It was a lovely read and a great catch up with the Mackenzies after Hart and Eleanor's wedding.
I loved this novella! It makes me so happy to read about the entire family coming together for Christmas. I enjoyed the way the author put the different point of views of the many characters in this because it showed that this wasn't focused on one or two characters. It's focused on the entire family, individually and together.

Can you love a fictional character? Because I think you can. I know I certainly do. I love Ian to pieces! I love the way he loves, it makes me swoon. But most of all, I lo
Sandy M
It’s so nice to see the huge, happy family these Mackenzies have become. Especially when you remember back through the series and all these men and their heroines have gone through to find such happiness. And what better way to showcase all that than at Christmastime.

The Mackenzie women are in full swing with preparations for the upcoming holiday, except for Eleanor, who is abed with her and Hart’s first child. The household is in a frenzy when Ian receives a package, one he’s talked about for s
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin:

Take a heartwarming journey to the Highlands this holiday season with Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift . Author Jennifer Ashley has truly outdone herself with this festive, fun, emotional Mackenzie family story.

It takes a deft hand to write a story teeming with characters, all of whom have their own backstories. Many authors would easily fall into the trap of overwhelming readers with information or slo
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Jan) Charming, light, easy read. I've said before I don't usually like JA's mystery plots in her books, and thankfully, there was none in here. Just the family getting together, a glimpse at their HEAs, etc. (much less steamy than I'm used to with JA's books!) A few set ups for further books (wish Fellows was next, give Danny a chance to grow up a bit more). I felt sorry for Beth and the servants who tried to fix Ian's bowl that he was unable to connect with their kindness. Glad to see Hart and ...more
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
The Mackenzie Family Christmas is a terrific novella just in time for Christmas. The story focuses around the Mackenzie family waiting for Eleanor and Hart's first baby to be born and finding the perfect gifts for each other, with the entire family pitching in to help find a replacement Ming bowl for Ian when his is broken leaving his wife, Beth, heartbroken.

If you've read the first four of the Highland Pleasures series, then the Mackenzie Family Christmas is a must read. We get to catch up with
  • A Kiss For Midwinter (Brothers Sinister, #1.5)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
  • The Knight (Highland Guard, #7.5)
  • The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)
  • The Devil You Know (The Devil DeVere #3)
  • The Bridegroom Wore Plaid (MacGregors, #1)
  • The Duke's Tattoo (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse , #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Duke
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #5)
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • What Happens in Scotland (Second Sons, #1)
  • 'Twas the Night after Christmas (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #6; The Duke's Men, #0.5)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at,, and
More about Jennifer Ashley...

MacKenzies & McBrides (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5)
  • The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)
  • Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7)
  • The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8)

“Why good news involved the man being pounded, Ian had never understood, but he knew that the gestures made Mac, Cam and Hart happy. Ian stood quietly and took their hand claps, arms around his shoulders, liking that he was part of them, brothers who had never deserted him.” 2 likes
“Hart was surprised how much Ian's silent presence comforted him. His volatile little brother, who'd needed so much help in the past, was now a rock in the roilling stream of Hart's world.
I can always find you, Ian had told him once. He'd meant that he'd know when Hart needed him, would be there, no matter what.”