Start by marking “Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft” as Want to Read:
Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft

Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Ten stories by ten authors:

1. AN ACCIDENTAL WITCH by Liv Rancourt
A little harmless magic nearly turns into more than this Wiccan can handle.

2. ALBA by Karen Heard
In a race against the clock, will Sgt. Taylor discover the witch behind the murders at Bindings Wood?

3. BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS by Jonathan Broughton
Hell hath no fury like a witch scorned.

4. THE CAT MAIDEN by
Published 2012 by Scimitar Press

To ask other readers questions about Beltane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beltane

Paula
I love Halloween and all the fun, creative, scary, and spooky things that are part of the excitement of the night. I always have loved the joy on a child face because they are getting to pretend to be someone who is magical, powerful, mythical, admirable, or awesome to them. One of the most popular costumes through out the ages has been that of the witch. Which witch did you want to be - good or evil? I always wanted to be just like the ones from all the storybooks I read; a crooked nose, big bl ...more
Jen McConnel
I really enjoyed the stories in this collection, although a few of them ended too abruptly for me. My favorite two tales are Love Magick by Debra Dunbar and Four Bony Hands by Rayne Hall. All ten tales were delicious in their own ways, however. This is a great collection to curl up with during a stormy night: guaranteed to give you shivers!
Tori Ridgewood
Right away, before delving into each of these fantastic stories, I must give full disclosure of my bias: I’m both Wiccan and a witch. I have a fairly intimate knowledge of the Craft, both through experience and research. I love being part of this belief system, finding like-minded people, and learning all that I can about it, within the decreasing limits of my so-called free time. So finding this anthology, Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft, was like coming home to me. I absolutely loved it.

“An A
Heather
If you are into dark fantasy, it is certainly the perfect time of year for it, you should check out Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft, stories by ten authors and edited by Rayne Hall.

I really enjoyed this read as I have always been a fan of and believed in magic and witchcraft. Certainly movies/shows like Bewitched, The Craft, Charmed, Harry Potter, and even The Wizard of Oz have heightened our awareness of such activities and left us wondering… is it fact or fiction?

My absolute favorite story wa
Renee Hardimon
Where do I begin with this one? So much to say but without giving away the stories :) I thought when I finished reading Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires, that this wouldn't hold a candle to that. Oh how wrong I was. The short stories in this book were just as enticing and fun to read as the first.

I love the different takes on the idea of what a witch is in each story. I appreciate also that it teaches you and forces you to think about the different kinds of practices in this magic(k)al world. For ex
Lia Burres
In this really great book of tales, each story has different ideas of what a witch really is. Each tale has a different meaning.
The book also tells the difference between a witch and a wiccan, black and white magic.
The book is great to curl up with on Halloween, a stormy night or even if you're up in a cabin on a mountain or in the woods. The tales will make your skin crawl (and I don't mean that it will literally crawl away).

Even with the past returning, what does it really seek?
"Thirteen Step
I really enjoyed this book. Of course I liked some stories in it better than others. The last story is a great example about how important ethics are in Wicca. The Cat Maiden remained me in some ways of the fairy tale, beauty and the beast. Four Boney Hands had a Hansel and Gretel feel to it. But it was told from the witch's point of view. A great illustration of don't judge someone on your preconceived notions. You could be reading the situation wrong and the consequences can be severe.
Debi
I enjoyed reading all of the ten stories and they kept my attention from beginning until end. I also liked that each story and character was totally different. You didn't know what you were going to get next which kept it so interesting to me. I did wish that a few of the stories would of continued a little more, as I felt like I was kind of left hanging.

One of my favorite stories was Alba. It had me totally entralled right from the beginning and I couldn't read it fast enough to see what was g
Nicole Fraley
This is a collection of 10 different stories all about Witchcraft. Each of these authors bring their own element to their story and make it their own. Some stories have a "I've heard something like this before" bit to it, but still have something that the author brings to the story that is different. Some of these are completely new and different and really intriguing to read. I don't recommend this for people who have issues with witchcraft or with anything pagan. I am Christian but I read this ...more
Robyn Donnelly
Robyn Donnelly marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Anamaria021
Anamaria021 marked it as to-read
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Reem
Reem marked it as to-read
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Debbie Christiana
Aug 15, 2014 Debbie Christiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Patti Ashley
Patti Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Robin Blankenship
Robin Blankenship marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Wendy Christine Allen
Wendy Christine Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Tiffany Vaughn
Tiffany Vaughn marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Tally Pendragon
Tally Pendragon marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Ludovica
Ludovica marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rayne Hall writes fantasy and horror fiction, some of it quirky, most of it dark. She is the author of over sixty books in different genres and under different pen names, published by twelve publishers in six countries, translated into several languages. Her short stories have been published in magazines, e-zines and anthologies.

After living in Germany, China, Mongolia and Nepal, she has settled i
More about Rayne Hall...
Writing Fight Scenes Thirty Scary Tales Writing Scary Scenes Storm Dancer Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts