Start by marking “Whispers on Shadow Bay (Noble Island Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Whispers on Shadow Bay (Noble Island Mystery #1)

Whispers on Shadow Bay (Noble Island Mystery #1)

Ejected from her privileged life, Rosetta comes to Noble Island with a broken heart and shaken faith. She is enticed by hope in the arms of the dark and brooding Simon Hale, but people keep dying at Shadow Bay Hall, and Rosetta hears something in the walls.

Simon Hale finds the reclusive Rosetta both beautiful and intriguing, but when she seeks out the truth behind Shadow B
Published October 4th 2012 by Pelican Ventures Book Group-White Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Whispers on Shadow Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers on Shadow Bay

CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Rosetta Ryan carries a heavy heart, so she decides to accept a job on a small island. She is there in a caregiver’s position. She has no one, no family, but mostly she needs a job and believes this will be a new start for her. But when she arrives, she discovers the position calls for a man, so she is told to return home.

Simon Hale requires a caregiver for his ill father. On seeing Rose , he is greatly impressed with her, finding her quite stunning and exquisite, and decides there is no way he w
Melissa
Jul 23, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I absolutely LOVED this book! I don't even know where to start. I could not put this book down once I started reading. Masterful blend of suspense and thrills until the very last page. I can't not wait to read her other books!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews

My first encounter with gothic novels happened in my early teens. Many years have passed since then, and I still enjoy this genre. I like all those dark and gloomy mansions full of secrets and lies; tortured heroes who either had a crazy or unfaithful first wife; sweet and innocent heroines who eventually save the day; weird relationships; creepy housekeepers,or suspense and thrills. And Whisper on Shadow Bay has enough of these elements to be a solid read.

Yes, just solid. The novel started stro
Jasmine
Aug 15, 2013 Jasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

What a book! A completely satisfying read!

I had thought the Gothic genre had died out, or nearly so, years ago. Boy, was a wrong! Raquel Byrnes has it down perfectly!

Written in the tradition of British author, Mary Stewart, Whispers On Shadow Bay is everything a Gothic Romance should be, with the added bonus that the heroine and hero are Christians.
I had wanted to read this book when I first heard about it so when I got the chance I bought it. It didn't disappoint at all. It was everything I h
Wendy Sparkes
Oct 05, 2016 Wendy Sparkes rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy Christian Suspense
#1 Noble Island Series

Rosetta has told the truth. It has torn her family apart, and they have rejected her. She come to Noble Island's Shadow Bay Hall as a caregiver. But secrets, mysteries and murder are resident here. Rosetta doesn't know who to trust. She does know that she doesn't believe in ghosts, and that there is an explanation for all the goings on ~ she just needs to find the truth.

I loved it!

To start with I wasn't too sure I was going to like this Christian suspense as it had a very
Pamela
Jun 17, 2014 Pamela rated it really liked it

Oh My Word....

As Marketing Associate for Pelican Book group I have access to books at all time and usually carry a box around for marketing purposes. However, I am under no obligation to read much less review them. Even when I do read, I hesitate to review based on the "presumed" bias and with the quality of books Pelican produces, bias is highly possible. That said, I will not review a title I don't like.

Period.

So, when I first opened Whispers on Shadow Bay my first thought was.... ..."Aw, it'
Melissa
I downloaded this free kindle book a few days ago and started reading. I'm a sucker for fun gothic romance novels. This was a real page turner! There were a lot of twists and turns and I wasn't quite sure how it all would turn out which is a definite plus. This book had everything: a creepy old hunting lodge on an island, secret rooms and passageways, a mysterious hero who seems to be hiding something, gypsies, mysterious deaths, things that go bump in the night, and plenty of thunderstorms. ...more
Jan 05, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved it! Gothic romance novels are my guilty pleasure books. They aren't always the greatest, but they are just fun to read. I really liked this one though. It had all the gothic mystery fun and a good clean romance. There were Christian aspects without it being overwhelming, like a bible verse every now and her saying silent prayers. Most of the time I am really good at figuring out "who done it" but I was completely surprised by this one. Good characters, good mystery, good romance, just a ...more
Charity Bradford
Mar 14, 2013 Charity Bradford rated it really liked it
This reminded me a bit of Rebecca by Du Maurier but it was easier to read. I love Rebecca, but you have to be in the right mindset for the heavily descriptive writing. Byrnes has a mystery just as compelling but she balances world building and action much better. The story flows well and kept me sucked in until the very end.
Jaime
Dec 31, 2013 Jaime rated it really liked it
Written in the Gothic novel style, this was a fun read. Not too deep.
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Cdimsey
Cdimsey rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2013
MICHELLE T KELLY
MICHELLE T KELLY rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
BritGirl
BritGirl rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
Terry Conrad
Terry Conrad rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Lucila Aguilar
Lucila Aguilar rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Maria Zavzyata
Maria Zavzyata rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2016
Tona
Tona rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2012
CatherineMorland
CatherineMorland rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Shannon Baughman
Shannon Baughman rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Juliet
Juliet rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Kathryn Jaramillo
Kathryn Jaramillo rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2016
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
Sarah Ryman
Sarah Ryman rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Mary L Wagner
Mary L Wagner rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Katelyn
Katelyn rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
LuvReading
LuvReading rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2013
debra spurgeon
debra spurgeon rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Raquel writes across several genres including YA Steampunk, Fantasy, and Gothic Mystery. Always looking for another adventure in which to partake she is never seen without her notebook.

As a teen she couldn't get enough Bradbury, Asimov, Poe, or Matheson. They informed her love of science fiction, mystery, and thrillers. One of her favorite stories is Something Wicked This Way Comes. It changed the
More about Raquel Byrnes...

Noble Island Mystery (2 books)
  • Secrets at Crescent Point (Noble Island Mystery #2)