Start by marking “Pretty When They Collide (Pretty When She Dies, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Pretty When They Collide (Pretty When She Dies, #0.5)

Pretty When They Collide (Pretty When She Dies 0.5)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  176 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
An exciting new short novel set in the world of Pretty When She Dies...

Cassandra is a dhamphir-the offspring of a vampire and mortal woman-and a thief of occult relics.

Aimee is a full-blood witch that is bound to a powerful vampire who traffics in the slavery of supernatural beings.

Both are powerful, lonely, and trapped in the dangerous world of the vampires.

When Cassand
Published March 13th 2013 (first published February 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty When They Collide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty When They Collide

Regan
Cassandra is a dhamphir (vampire/human hybrid) who uses her talents to obtain priceless relics and exact revenge on less than ideal characters. On her latest assignment she steals a relic from an ex-serial killer vampire and ends his life. Except this time she has a close call as the vampire's client slides out of the elevator while Cassandra is making her exit. While entering the elevator Cassandra bumps into the alluring Aimee, and the two feel an unmistakable spark between them. Cursing herse ...more
Smash
I was excited when Rhiannon released this short story in the Pretty When She... universe. Aimee and Cass are introduced near the end of the second book, but they made a serious impact. I immediately felt their connection and dedication to one another. I'm so happy that Rhiannon decided to write the story of how these two characters met. It was action-packed, heart-warming and cray-zay! We meet some serious villainous bastards, as is always the case in Rhiannon's books. I was sickened by these ho ...more
Mihir
Apr 13, 2013 Mihir rated it really liked it

I decided to read this novella before jumping into the series because I have never read the author's work before. With this being a prequel and the length made it easy in my current scenario. The story features Cassandra who is a Dhamphir and works as a procurer of special items. Aimee is a witch who is beholden to a person who doesn't have her best interests at heart.

This novella deals with how these ladies come together to find solace and strength in each other whilst also learning more abou
Anna  (Bananas!)
Jun 18, 2013 Anna (Bananas!) rated it it was ok
I'm wondering if I would've enjoyed this more if I knew the series. Or maybe I'm just a romance junkie and this didn't have enough lovin' for me.

As a one-off read this was decent. The characters of Aimee and Cassandra, a witch and a dhamphir, were interesting and the action in the latter part of the story was done well. Overall though I didn't connect with this world.

Oh! I HATE that Frank bastard! His control over Cassandra got me all riled up. I hope he dies a slow, painful, bloody death. I ho
Rachael Orman
Jun 27, 2014 Rachael Orman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f, vampire
Five stars!!

I'm not a huge paranormal reader, but every now and then I like to pick one up just to change things up. I've never read this author but thought the synopsis sounded interesting... Boy was I pleasantly surprised with how wonderful the book turned out to be!

Cassandra is a dhamphir (vampire/mortal offspring). On the side from her normal job of being a waitress (I believe.. this was brushed over and not a big part of the story), she is a thief of relics for a price.

Aimee is an extreme
Lorre
Mar 03, 2013 Lorre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-complete
This prequel is an amazing start to the Pretty When She Dies series!

The story is about how Cass and Aimee met and fell in love.
From what I read on the author's site this couple will appear more in the trilogy. I can't wait to get to know them better cause I loved both of them!

This is the first book I read of this author and I love her writing style so I'm looking forward to the rest of the trilogy!
Laurel
Apr 16, 2013 Laurel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I love, love, love novellas!i like that they tend to be high on action, are able to experiment a bit from the norm, and highlight the side characters of many favorite series! This one was a great addition to that tradition! If you enjoyed the Pretty When She Dies series, this one will be a wicked little treat!
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Although I have been following Rhiannon Frater's literary works for months now, but this is the first opportunity I got to read her book and after reading this, I am definitely NOT going to stop it at this.

-----------------------------------------------

Cassandra is a dhamphir - vampire father and human mother - who works as a thief stealing important relics using her powers. Killing vampires on the go, is just another advantage of her work. During one such jobs, she comes in contact (accidental
Christy LoveOfBooks
Mar 11, 2013 Christy LoveOfBooks rated it it was amazing
I’m such a fan of the Pretty When She Dies series by the super talented Rhiannon Frater, so hell yeah I was excited to read this novella about Cass and Aimee. Pretty When They Collide is technically a prequel, because the events take place prior to the first book. However, the characters do not appear until the second book, Pretty When She Kills. Personally, I liked reading the first two books before this one, just because I was already familiar other characters mentioned in it. You can read it ...more
Pam
Aimee is a full blooded witch who is blood bonded to Frank a horrible vampire that deals in slavery of supernatural people. He also loves to collect relics. Aimee has to create spells to protect Frank and do what ever he says. She really just wants to be free. Cassandra is a dhamphir which is a rare supernatural. Her does odd jobs stealing relics and other things people ask her to get. When she steals a relic that was supposed to go to Frank he finds out what she is and wants her for his collect ...more
Amy Fournier
Mar 01, 2013 Amy Fournier rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebook
I have read the first two books in the Pretty When She Dies series, so when I saw this novella I knew I wanted to read it. I love the world and I will take more where I can get it until the next installment of the series is out. This read so much like a full length novel and I really enjoyed that about it. It was short enough that it was a quick easy read, but long enough that I was able to really get into the story. It had a lot of great action to it, and the brutal vampire violence that I love ...more
Francis Franklin
This was picked for me to read as part of a goodreads challenge. I enjoyed Pretty When She Dies but had been avoiding this prequel. For one thing, Aimee and Cass are introduced in a later book so it's really a prequel to a story I haven't actually read. Prequels are odd things. When exactly should they be read? Before? After? Never? Still, a challenge is a challenge - and witches, vampires and lesbian make for an attractive mixture. Besides, it got a five-star review over at Lipstick Lesbian Rev ...more
Lori
Jan 11, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
In Pretty When They Collide we get to see how Aimee, the full blooded witch and Cass, Cian's dhamphir daughter meet.Their introduction to each other is less than idea to say the least. We were introduced to these two briefly in Pretty When She Kills. However, I think if you haven't read either one of those books you should still be able to follow along in this novella fairly easily.
This novella is by far my favorite from author Rhiannon Frater's PWSD's world. I love Cass. As in she is my book g
Nika ♥Living Cre8tively ♥
My Review can be read at Oh My Shelves

Rhiannon Frater has done it again. Pretty When They Collide is my first F/F book. This was exceptionally written and engaging.

In this book you meet Cassie and Aimee. Cassie is a antique acquirer that’s also a half-vampire half-human. Aimee is a rare full blooded witch trying to escape her vampire master.

For this book to be a novella it had everything that one of Ms. Frater’s novels would have possessed. From the beginning it is packed with action and it ma
Nicole Hadaway
Feb 06, 2013 Nicole Hadaway rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky enough to be a test reader for the draft of this novella. Having read Pretty When She Dies and Pretty When She Kills, I was anxious to see the origins of a very dynamic couple from the Pretty When universe.

What can I say -- they are my favorite couple!! Frater has a gift for showing characters, for letting you get to know them, in just a few short paragraphs. Cass and Aimee have distinct personalities, and while I was reading the novella, I wasn't always sure the characters sta
Toni
Feb 22, 2013 Toni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone that loves the supernatural/paranormal and horror
Shelves: vampires, magic
WOW! This novella is jam-packed with action, emotion, and intensity! I have no nails left on either hand, my heart is still pounding from the last action scene, and I seriously have tears in my eyes. I became very connected to Cassandra's relationship with Galina while reading this because my own mom has similar issues (not vampire related, obviously) which really tugged at my heart strings. It has nothing to do with how badass Cassandra is or how magically delicious Aimee is, but it made me fee ...more
Book Bite Reviews
Feb 25, 2013 Book Bite Reviews rated it it was amazing
The synopsis pretty much says it best but Cass and Aimee made their debut in PWSK and I thought they were awesome and together they make a great team.
We got to know more about Aimee, the witch, in this novella. She is the one who is being abused by a monster named Frank. He's a major asshole. Cass is still my favorite idk maybe it's because I love Rhiannon Fraters portrayal of vampires but she does know how to fight and is more kickass. Cass robs from bad guys and she is going to steal Aimee aw
Rhiannon Mills
Oct 21, 2013 Rhiannon Mills rated it it was amazing
I read this book a while ago and I'm slow getting my review out, so hang with me here lol.

I loved how the characters and the world they're in is described and how the Pretty When She Dies books are set up altogether. Rhiannon Frater creates characters I can either really love or really hate. There has never been a grey area as far as characterization goes (at least not for me and not where books by this particular author are concerned.

I hated that the story ended, but loved the ending. That be
Mel
Aug 04, 2014 Mel rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Pretty When They Collide, the prequel novella set in Rhiannon Frater's Pretty When She Dies series. That said, I must admit that being late to the game and starting with this prequel, I'm disappointed that Cass and Aimee are only briefly in the series. I personally think they could carry a full-length novel, if not a series. A bad ass, lesbian dhamphir and a sexually confused, full-blooded witch working together and falling in love? Sign. Me. Up.
Art Lueder
Jun 05, 2013 Art Lueder rated it it was amazing
This short story tells how Cassandra the dhampire and Aimee the witch from PWSK met and became a couple. I haven't started Pretty When She Destroys, the third in the series, so I'm not sure how big a part they play but I really like their characters. The story is a sweet romance though you sure wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of these two.
Justin
Mar 09, 2014 Justin rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, thriller
This started out slow for me, I thought it was just a vampire book and didn't realize it was a vampire/shifter/witch/demon/every other mythical creature plus all the possible offspring mixes between them book which I'm not really fond of. I am also not a fan of a lot of action and magical battles. Despite this not being my type of book I ended up enjoying it.
Michelle
Mar 15, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What an awesome Novella in the Pretty When She Dies World. All I can say is that I want more of Cassandra and Aimee. They have to be my favourite couple now in this series and I desperatlty want to see more of them.
Runningrabbit
This was fine, the characters were good, however I found it a bit slow. The detailing, although good in background material made the story sluggish. The character development was well done, and the story itself kept you going, although the outcome was always predictable.
Pili
Mar 15, 2013 Pili rated it really liked it
So happy that I found out about this novella on the very day it released!

I really loved Aimee and Cass on Pretty When She Kills, and I've loved reading more about both characters and how they became the fantastic duo of kick arse supernaturals and lovers we meet in PWSK.
Darlene Ruiz
Dec 05, 2012 Darlene Ruiz rated it it was amazing
What a great addition to The Pretty when she Dies series! I can definitely see Cass and Aimee having their own series of adventures. This might be my favorite Rhiannon Frater series. I can't wait for Pretty when she Destroys to come out. I hear we may see more of Cass and Aimee in that book.
Jason
Oct 17, 2014 Jason rated it really liked it
Well written with very interesting worldbuilding. But I've read the abstracts for all the main books in the series... where are Cassandra and Amy?
Mark
Mar 21, 2013 Mark rated it it was amazing
I've read some of the authors books in the past and this ones no different. There was never a dull moment in Pretty When They Collide and I can honestly see myself reading her future books.
Kerstin ~ (SheReadsByMoonlight)
Great story! Aimee and Cassandra were two of my favourite characters of the series and it was wonderful to find out how those two met and got together.
☀Rachael☀
Mar 15, 2013 ☀Rachael☀ rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Cass is kickass and Aimee is awesome! I so hope Rhiannon gives them another novella she said she might, fingers crossed!
Eleanor With Cats
I really enjoyed seeing more of Aimee and Cass.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Vampire Games (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #4)
  • Jaded Touch (Vesper, #2)
  • Crimson Dawn (Darklife Saga #1)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Underdogs (Underdogs, #1)
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • Controlling the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #2)
  • Finding Magic (Downside Ghosts, #0.5)
  • High Rise: The Complete Collection (High Rise, #1-4)
  • Dreams of the Cursed (Dreamer, #2)
  • Tempted (The Dark Hart Chronicles, #1)
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
  • The Children of the Sun (II AM Trilogy, #3)
  • Everlasting Hunger
  • Warrior Beautiful (Riders of Paradesos, #1)
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
  • Persistence of Vision
Rhiannon Frater is the award-winning author of the As the World Dies zombie trilogy (Tor) as well as independent works such as The Last Bastion of the Living (declared the #1 Zombie Release of 2012 by Explorations Fantasy Blog and the #1 Zombie Novel of the Decade by B&N Book Blog).

She was born and raised in Texas where she currently resides with her husband and furry children (a.k.a pets).

S
More about Rhiannon Frater...

Pretty When She Dies (3 books)
  • Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1)
  • Pretty When She Kills (Pretty When She Dies, #2)
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)