Start by marking “The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)

The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  4,861 ratings  ·  448 reviews
THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

The “emotional, spicy-hot story” (Belle’s Book Bag) that propelled Kelsie Leverich to the New York Times bestseller list!

Tattoo artist Ronnie Clark is counting the days until Valentine’s Day is over. Ronnie doesn’t do romance. She doesn’t do flowers or dates, and she sure as hell doesn’t do love—not anymore. Love leads to heartbreak, and she’s
Published January 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Valentine's Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Valentine's Arrangement

Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura   HowardBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneWait for You by J. LynnRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
9th out of 209 books — 1,395 voters
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
77th out of 1,448 books — 6,903 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
4 stars

Ronnie "...female tattoo artist with a thing for fictional heroes,"

meets Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson "a fuckingly handsome Captain America impersonator."

What a pair, right!?! I was totally hooked. Ronnie was a stubborn-ball busting-feisty-Bitch, and I Loved Her, even though she made me want to slap her at times. She was such a strong character so you knew that the man to break through had to be stronger. Kale did not disappoint with all mind fuckery, "he loved that he made th
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Three Stars

"You can stop mind fucking me now."
Kale's eyes came close to popping out of his head. "Excuse me?"
Ronnie rolled her eyes. "Let's get this straight, Soldier. I'm not sleeping with you. You can get it out of your pretty little head, and I suggest you do so before I stick a needle to your skin."

I saw this book on Facebook, thought the cover was beautiful, the blurb interesting and the next thing I knew, I had to have it. Maybe it was the kind of day I was having or if I was just in on
Christy
Three more days and this hearts and flowers shit would be over.

Ronnie, a tattoo artist living in a military town is counting the days until Valentine’s Day is over. She is not into flowers, chocolate, love, romance, any of it. Not anymore. Not since her fiance cheated on her while he was deployed. Now she is stuck in this town, waiting until she can sell the house she owns with her ex and get out of this town.

Kale Emerson ‘soldier’ is home for a short break from a tour over seas. He’s only go
Kim Person
I was lucky to have the author ask if I would like to review her upcoming book, which also happens to be her first! Well to say I hit the jackpot is an understatement! I literally felt like this when reading this one......

Ronnie is a sought after tattoo artist who is in high demand! Especially with the military guys! She is coming off a break up with her ex-fiancee and she hates Valentine's Day.. like really hates the cards, candy, flowers, the whole kit and kaboodle that surrounds the Holiday.

S
Heather Gunter
There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this book. NOTHING! I loved the plot, it flowed completely through out the whole book and I adored all of the characters. Every single "main" character was likable. Ronnie was freaking awesome! Kelsie did a kick ass job writing her. She was sexy, snarky, quick with the one liners and a tattoo artist to boot. I'm a tattoo freak so Kelsie had me at tattoo. The whole story line was different than anything I've read as of late.

Kale, oh handsome hot Ka
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
This book was a MAJOR LET DOWN

When I saw this book, I thought it was going to be a good read it wasnt.

This book featured good characters which could have made a good story line but it seriously lacked content! Majority of the book took place in a span of a few days then they fell in love! (SERIOUSLY, are these people for real???)

Ronnie was is a beautiful and sexy tatoo artist whose heart was broken when he fiancee who is in the army cheats on her. She decided to cut off men and love from her li
Teri Beth
First of all...this was a novella? Well it didn't feel like one to me (and that isn't because it took me three days to read it, I was busy lol). It's because it was a full story. I did not feel like it was lacking anything. There was enough back story on Ronnie and Kale for you to "get" them. There was the perfect amount of story in general. You really get to know the main characters as well as the secondary characters. It was a very well-developed story to be so short.

Also, I loved how the book
Cristina
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

I read the debut novella, The Valentine’s Arrangement and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ronnie is a heroine that you absolutely fall in love with because she’s not a damsel in distress. She knows what she wants and she knows how to handle her issues but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t feel the betrayal of what life can bring. And then there’s Kale. What’s not to love about a man in uniform who looks like Captain America?? I will take Captain America
Kim Karr
How can you not love a girl who is a Tattoo artist? And who hates Valentine's Day? I do. Ronnie doesn't do romance since finding out her fiancé cheated on her while deployed and she vowed never to fall in love again, especially with a soldier. But guess what...

Meet Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson. Home from Iraq, but wanting to return. He too isn't interested in relationships.

Perfect match right?

In Ronnie, Cale meets his match. Both wanting casual until he changes his mind. Sit back, relax,
Magen Corrie
4 stars

Mature Content

*I was sent this book by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sexy, steamy, and enjoyable. Kelsie did, in my opinion, a great job with her first book. She created a steamy read, which was fun, quick and enjoyable. Did I mention steamy?? Yes, this book was hot! It was a great romance for the mature crowd. And one I am so glad I got to read.

Kelsie was a joy to talk to, so when she asked me to read and review this book, I jumped on it! Why? Well, the synopsis she sent me
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Kale *sigh*

OMG...I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!! It was everything that I look for in a read and more and I fell in love with Kale and Ronnie instantly.

Ronnie was such a great character-just loved everything about her, from her tattoos~to her high heels~to her attitude. I loved the way she interacted with Mic, Jordan and especially Kale~loved her witty comebacks!! Her attitude was so harsh but she could be sweet and funny also. I felt bad for her because of how she grew up and what h
Holly
After seeing my blog Kelsie contacted me asking if I'd be interested in reading her book, she said she thought I'd love her heroine and SHE WAS RIGHT!!! After she sent me the synopsis I knew Ronnie and I would become BFF!
Ronnie is a sarcastic, snarky, take no BS, get to the point straight shooter very much like myself...and like me she HATES Valentines day (or as I like to call it "singles awareness day") because to Ronnie

"It's excuse for women to whine and dote and bat their eyelashes for glitt
Sara  ~Sphunky~
****4.5 stars**** I really enjoyed Kelsie Leverich's first book! I absolutely LOVE Kale Emerson (fanning myself)...damn. Ronnie was great as well. I loved her strong tough exterior and her personality. It was enjoyable watching her transform somewhat during this story and seeing her icy exterior melt and her heart open up for Kale. It was steamy, sexy, funny, and flowed well.

He leaned down and ran his nose up the side of her neck and she stilled. "Well as of right now, I'm finding it extremely
B.J.
This book had me at Ronnie's description of Kale as "a f*ckingly handsome Captain America impersonator". I laughed out loud.

Ronnie is a tattoo artist living near an army base who is waiting for her soldier ex-fiance to return from overseas so she can sell their house and move away from his cheating a**.

What she doesn't count on is having Kale Emerson walk into the shop asking for a back tattoo.

I loved this story from start to finish. At no stage did I feel that the story had stalled. It had a
Nikki
I received this as an ARC. Thank you Kelsie for giving me the chance to read your wonderful story!

Captain America eat your heart out! There is a new hero in town and his name is SFC Kale Emerson! *sigh* I want a Kale of my own! <3

The author delivers a story that will make you smile, tug at your heartstrings, and make you swoon so make sure your sitting down while reading it ;-)

Ronnie is a badass who doesn't take crap from anybody. She had her heart broken by her now ex-fiancé and trusts no on
Amy (Foxy)
A tattoo brought them together.
description

An arrangement was made and broken between the two of them.

His injury brought them back together.
description

They realized that they "fit together like lock and key"

Tattoo artist & soldier finding love

SERIES:
The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1) by Kelsie Leverich Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2) by Kelsie Leverich A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3) by Kelsie Leverich

Novella
Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5) by Kelsie Leverich
Lisa
2.5 Stars...... I'm not sure why, but I really struggled to finish this book. It had all of the elements the I look for in a book. Hot sexy guy (Kale), strong heroine (Ronnie), and lots and lots of steam. Again, all of the elements, but it never grabbed me.

I wasn't crazy about Ronnie to begin with. She was pretty rough around the edges and I personally don't understand why Kale would even be attracted to her, considering the attitude she had. Kale is a sweet, sexy guy that is in the army and on
Monika
3,5 Stars

“Didn’t your momma ever tell you it’s not polite to ask a lady her age?”
“My mother died when I was little, and besides, I didn’t think you were a lady.”

Ronnie Clark, an edgy tattoo artist....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She's not a fan of lovey dovey mushy thing, doesn't do flowers and dates, and just had a broken heart from her sleeping-around fiancé. She vowed not to fall in love especially with soldier.

Kale Emerson

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Or Sergeant First Class Emerson... He is a handsome Captain America impersonator with sandy brown
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Let me start out by saying I NEVER read novellas......not a fan at all, they are way to short and always leave me wanting more but I was intrigued by Kelsie's book. The first thing that caught my eye was the kick ass cover and then the story line, I hadn't read a book with a soldier in it since Dear John by Nicolas Sparks so I was really interested in ready this one and I was not disappointed!

This is the story of Ronnie a sexy, smart-mouthed, ball-busting tattoo artist who has been burned by he
ĸarмən
The Valentine’s Arrangement has one strong, takes-no-crap, heroine in the story. And I love her! Ronnie, is a tattoo artist, who had her heart broken (and left her a bit bitter!) by her cheating fiancé, Brandon, who is serving overseas. She has sworn off soldiers and pretty much love itself. Until…Sergeant Kale Emerson, Mr. Yummy Pants Captain America, walks into the tattoo shop and pretty much rocks her world—but she doesn’t quite know it yet! More review: http://wp.me/p31MEx-2K
Sofia Lazaridou
This book wasn't the ideal one to start this year.After my last reads this seemed to lack something.The general idea is good and the characters are likeable but it felt slow in some parts and rush at other.Though it's not a total fail and I think the rest of you might like it.
P.S. Now that I had a closer look to the cover I don't think I like it.
♥Trish♥
loved this book. I truly can't say enough good things about it. Worth the read. I Didn't put it down until it was finished. There is nothing wrong with this book in any way. I work @ the VA - this book touched my heart in a big way. Our guys are amazing and the way this was written did them & military families justice imho.
Mo
2 or 3 stars - got it as a freebie so think I added a star for that fact and that I did finish it. Quite a good short story - well it did not take me that long to read it.
Chris' Book Blog Emporium
This was a great short read .

“I didn’t want the line to get blurry, and I sure as hell didn’t want you to cross it.”

Ronnie Clark, an edgy tattoo artist with hopes of high tailing it out of the forsaken Military town she followed her now ex-fiancé to, is counting down the days until Valentine’s Day is over. Ronnie doesn’t do romance. She doesn’t do flowers or dates, and she sure as hell doesn’t do love—not anymore. After her fiancé slept with a female solider while deployed, she has vowed never
Bookhooking (Tanya Childress)
Oh how I loved this story! The mighty hot soldier, Kale (need I say anymore? the man is a soldier) and the spitfire, hell on wheels, tattoo artist, Ronnie come together in the Valentine's Arrangement and sparks fly!!

Ms. Leverich wrote a very sexy story here with great characters, awesome sexual chemistry and dialogue that you will enjoy.

Ronnie is a tattoo artist and has been burned by her ex fiance, Brandon who is also in the military. She hates Valentine's Day, the candy, the flowers, the ballo

♡B♡
I have an interview that I did with Ronnie, Kale, and Kelsie along with a GIVEAWAY on my blog Momma's Books

Here is my review :)

This one was special for me for many reasons. I enjoyed it because I LOVE me a kick ass girl! I am and never have been the type to be pushed around so reading about a girl who is a no bullshit kinda girl I instantly fell in love with the girl! I absolutely love that she is hot and has tattoos. It is usually the guys that are covered in them and are hot! My husband was in
Emily ~Literary Gossip~
When I started reading this story, I was instantly drawn to Ronnie’s dry wit and no filter to tell it how things are. She would definitely be the kind of girl I would knock back drinks with at the bar. She has a serious issue with Valentine’s Day given that her fiancé so generously decided to share himself with other women while he was over in Iraq. With bitterness in her heart and wanting to get as far away from where she and her fiancé have built a life together. The only problem is she has to ...more
I received an advanced copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is Kelsie Leverich's first book andI think she did a great job with it. This book was hot and sexy. You felt the chemistry and sexual tension between the two main characters. And I found myself rooting for these two to have more than just a sexual relationship.

Ronnie isa tattoo artist who is strong, confident in what she does and is one tough cookie. She says what she wants and doesn't care what anyon
C.C. Brown
I devoured this book. It was an easy read, and being that it centered around a military man, well I had to eat it up. My husband wouldn't be too happy knowing that I fell for an Army man (he's a Marine).

Kale was great... but at times, a little too great. I thought he was an amazing guy and I guess, to make the story a bit more interesting, he had to be the polar opposite of Ronnie. I wanted him to be a bit edgier and not so perfect. I guess that would be my only complaint with him.

Now Ronnie...
Renee

First of all this is the perfect book for me. LOVED it! The two main characters Ronnie and Kale are dreamy. She is the tattoo artist with the attitude and he is Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson. Home from Iraq for a few weeks and excited about the return. He isn't interested in relationships, she was cheated on. He goes to get his first tatoo being a memorial piece for his Iraq brothers. First and secondary characters were well developed and likable.
The book is written between the characters a
  • My Misery Muse (My Misery Muse, #1)
  • Broken
  • Running on Empty (Mending Hearts, #1)
  • Battered Not Broken (MMA Romance Companion Novels, #1)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #4)
  • Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)
  • Groupie (Groupie, #1)
  • Hustle Me (Bank Shot Romance, #1)
  • If Only (Captured, #1)
  • Mending (This, #2)
  • Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1)
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Rock the Band (Black Falcon, #1.5)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • The Fighter's Block (The Fighter's Block, #1)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Bound Together (Bound Together, #1)
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
I am a wife and a mommy to two adorable knuckleheads, hair stylist by day, writer by night. My crazy life revolves around my family (to include two dogs and a cat) and most of the time, actually all of the time, it's a crazy mess - but I love it! Drinking wine and reading books helps :)

I'm a sucker for Romance, add some toe curling smut and I'm done for!

My passion is writing. It's the thing I thin
More about Kelsie Leverich...

Hard Feelings (4 books)
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5)
  • A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3)
Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2) A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3) Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5) Lovers Restored (Entangled Brazen) Untitled (Candid Series, #1)

“Whoever said it got easier with time was wrong, death never got easier. The pain dulls around your heart, numbing the spot the deceased inhabited in your chest-- but it was never easier. Loss was still loss-- a physical pain, a hurt that reaches deep inside you and smothers your soul, forever indenting their memory. No, death was still death, loss was still loss, and pain was still pain. Time didn't change that.” 23 likes
“Isn't that what most everyone wants? To be loved by someone so fiercely that you hold their world in your hands, that you were the one to keep it safe.” 12 likes