Start by marking “Rock Her (Rocked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Her (Rocked, #1)

Rock Her (Rocked #1)

Published January 3rd 2013 (first published January 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rock Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Her

Vishous
look at that cover....

then the word rock-star...

no wonder I am reading it NOW!!!!

DNF :(

I gave up at 34% because I can not get into this story, and I will not rate it because of that.
I usually don't give up on books because I hate not to finish what I started.

I love stories with rock-stars, but rock-star ex-marine.... just no....
I didn't feel any chemistry between main characters, some scenes were completely ridiculous and the writing was just bad.

Maybe one day I will finish it but for now I am
Jennifer (TexasDiva74)
Okay, I made it through 21% of this book, but that's all. I am DONE!

I am a huge fan of erotica and steamy sex scenes in books, but what I just read in this book was anything but hot or erotic. There's nothing even remotely sexy about reading a sex scene where the female's genitalia is called her "dripping f*** hole", or the man's as his "stiff meat".

So, I can honestly say that the only thing I got out of the 21% of this book that I got through was a steaming hot shower to try to scrub away how
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
I'm willing to give any author a chance. I respect their imagination and the guts to put out a book. I applaud them. Buuuuuuuut this book was AMAZINGLY RIDONKULOUS

The cover is hot, beautiful even. The story line...not even that. I went into this thinking it was a rock-n-roll bad boy book. What I came out with was a mixture of bad boy, rock-n-roll, veteran, billionaire. All that was way too much for me. He was more in combat mode than anything else. Story line was way over the top. None of it was
Jack
Jan 02, 2013 Jack rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
what the fuck
Debbie
Jan 02, 2013 Debbie rated it did not like it
D.N.F
DID.NOT.FINISH

I rarely DNF books or do I go on Goodreads to badmouth a book but I just can't help but warn other about Rock Me. I was actually going to DNF this book round the 30 plus percentage mark but kept pushing myself to give it a chance but around the 54% mark I just couldn't stomach anymore and gave up on this.

There were a few issues with this book that grated my nerves such as…

Poor Editing - I am not a writer and not the most grammatically correct person but when I notice typos,
Angie
Jan 04, 2013 Angie rated it did not like it
First, I applaud the author for her promotion of her book. You got my attention, got me to buy the book, and got me to start reading the book. The purchase of their work is more than most writers will ever get.

However, when I make a purchase of a book, or any product for that matter, I expect that the seller has honed their product to its fullest potential. Unfortunately, this book was so wrought with grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors, I found it difficult to get past the first 15% o
Katy
Jan 03, 2013 Katy rated it did not like it
Wow, what a mess. It's as if Thomas crammed every concept she could think of in one book and sprinkled a bunch of sex scenes around it. (view spoiler) ...more
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Can't wait for this book. I love to read about Rockers. Oh and look at that hot cover..
Scandal
Jan 07, 2013 Scandal rated it did not like it
Ok, so I saw this cover on a friends FB page. It looked really awesome and the blurb seemed right up my alley. The author was looking for reviews and I was between books so I fired off a note and ba-bam! I had it on my Kindle. Well, that's where the happy stops.

I am not a prude. Not my any stretch of the imagination but seriously, fuck hole, love cream and the best "meat" she's ever eaten? What the fuck? The book just felt dirty...and not in a good way...in a KeSha doesn't shower and probably s
Ade
Luls. Seriously I just can't even. This book was fucking awful. Liz Thomas obviously has some sort of issue with sentence structure, punctuation, and basic vocabulary, because she basically gave them all the finger when writing this book. I can't stop laughing, but it's not because this book is good. It's bad. It's so so bad. I kept hoping that maybe it was supposed to be a satirical work that's meant to poke fun at all the erotica out there, but nope. This book is just so bad. Oh, and whoever e ...more
Heidi Belleau
Jan 05, 2013 Heidi Belleau rated it did not like it
Shelves: hell-no
Don't appreciate being spammed multiple times.

Especially don't appreciate the fact that even though I've blocked the spammer, I'm still getting notifications and spam.

Especially especially don't appreciate the fact that Goodreads enables spammers by not having some manner of upper limit to invitations that can be sent out. Seriously, 20k+ invites to a book release event? What could that be but spam?

Not impressed, will not be reading the author. (Not that I would have in the first place, after re
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Dec 22, 2012 Trader (RedHotBlueReads) rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this. I really did. But I could not overlook these problems.

1. Poor editing. There are so many typos and grammatical errors in the first 26% of this book, I could not go on. for example, "stature of liberty"

2. Poor characterizations. The female lead is a biographer that is prone to forgetting her notebook. In the first 25% of the book, all we get of the rock star is him coming off stage. The characters did not ring true.

3. The "ew" quality of the sexual content. "he readied hims
Miriam Mathew
EDIT 29/06/2013: Since this is a book plagiarised by the author Liz Thomas a.k.a Jordin Williams a.k.a James Bishop a.k.a Jordin Bishop a.k.a Emma Buch a.k.a Emily Curran, I am NOT reading it. Stealing another author's hard work is IMMORAL, UNETHICAL and WRONG.

Original Thoughts: I'll admit, I'm only going to be reading this book just because of all the bad reviews it has gotten. Seriously it can't be that bad...I'm hoping.

Plus, the cover is HOT!!! And I'm a sucker for covers like that.
Chris Kuhn
Jan 03, 2013 Chris Kuhn rated it did not like it
I think as I'm discovering more authors and styles within the romance/erotica genres I'm getting a sense of what works for me in terms of plot and characters, and what holds my interest. And I hate giving 1-star to anything but I just gave a 2-star rating to another book that I did like more. If there was a half-star, maybe I'd rate this 1 1/2 but the truth is the main characters and overall storyline just didn't appeal to me. The sex scenes didn't feel real. Some of the phrasing used came acros ...more
Suz
Jan 04, 2013 Suz marked it as dnf
I haven't read this book and I'm not going to read this book. Why? Because I do not appreciate strangers using the Goodreads recommendation system to spam me.

It is with great personal constraint that I do not place 1 star rating on this book, since I haven't read it. But this marketing schtick is the lowest of the low.
Beate
Dec 24, 2012 Beate rated it did not like it
There is something about that saying; curiousity killed the cat. Having read the reviews for this book, and having had a quick chat with my friend - I just had to find out for myself.

If you think this book is bad based on the reviews you've read? Think again. It is actually worse! It's gag-worthy, and not in a good way.

I couldn't manage to get past the 25% mark on my Kindle, so the grammar aspect actually wasn't that horrid. Some errors, more as I got closer to 25% than at the beginning. If that
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Nov 29, 2012 Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ marked it as not-for-me
Oh my kryptonite - rock stars...
Jenny Levine
Nov 29, 2012 Jenny Levine rated it did not like it
DNF @ 38%
Alyssa
Dec 31, 2012 Alyssa rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Review originally posted at Hesperia Loves Books

I absolutely LOVE a contemporary erotic romance book that features a rockstar as the lead. So after being enticed by the cover and blurb for Rock Her, it was a definite add to the TBR shelf. However, now that I’ve read it, I am severely disappointed. While the premise & idea behind the story were good, the actual execution left much to be desired - at least for me. After reading about 30% of the book, it almost became a DNF. I stuck it out simp
Heather andrews
Dec 23, 2012 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I truly thought this book would be about sex, drugs, jealous girlfriends, and rock and roll. well I was right about the sex and rock and roll, but the book was so much more then that. Kip is different from other rockers he wasn't always a rocker, he was a marine before he was a rocker (that sentence made sense right? it sound good in my head...) Anyway I found that aspect interesting, I loved Kip he made me laugh and is a blunt person. "Kip took a drink from his glass. "She's no coin purse. She' ...more
Dee
Dec 23, 2012 Dee rated it it was ok
A bit disappointing. You can over-look alot of the grammar & spelling mistakes but not the missing chemistry between the characters. There was no spark and it was just plain.

The story was different & good but could have been better. I like the ex-marine aspect but that was it.

I was really looking forward to this book and I bought it the day it came out, but it didnt live up to the hype which is upsetting :(
Sadie Grubor
Jan 03, 2013 Sadie Grubor rated it did not like it
This had the great makings of a new rocker romance for me, but it quickly went downhill for me.

Besides the over use of weirdly pet named body parts, the storyline had me ready to settle in for the night with awesomeness. But... Well... Um....

description

It just didn't happen.

description

My biggest annoyance happened early in the book.

(view spoiler)
Alex (Lexie)
Jan 03, 2013 Alex (Lexie) rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary, adult, music
Huh. Just Huh. What's up with this book? :O I'm not prude, I read erotica but I don't know. It's too explicit or whatever. LOL. And I like Adam Levine! But seriously, when Kip was introduced, I imagine him a big rocker guy. :-/ lol. I mean, Adam is NOT that muscled kind of man. He's okay. He's a bit thin but what I think of Kip, he's like uh, Ashton Kutcher's size. Not that I'm saying that I imagined Ashton. Just the size.

And WHAT... Annie was hit by her ex-husband. Oh hell no. And then Kip jus
Emma Buch
K.A. Andrews

Katie(babs) post on it.
Another great breakdown

Same person as Jordin Williams - plagiarized Tammara Webber and Jamie McGuire on her book Amazingly Broken

Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Ummm!

I almost didn't finish it but I did hoping it was going to get better. The problem was that the story was WAY OVER THE TOP which made it totally unbelievable.

Sorry! I can't recommend this book. I tried I really did but was bordering on ridiculous.
Steph
Jan 03, 2013 Steph rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
If you are looking for a rocker book, this isn't it. So, disappointed in this. To me, the story was so far fetched and ridiculous. I didn't understand Annie's behavior at all. I didn't feel the connection at all between Kip and Annie. I like a steamy scene, but the sex scenes were way too much for me. I almost stopped reading it, but kept going and it got even more ridiculous. Am I the only one?
Jan 04, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
this book was so bad. there was no character development, the story line was cheesy. and don't even get me started on the terrible descriptions/labels to body parts (honey hole???). don't waste your time on this one.
Suzanne (Lily)
Jan 04, 2013 Suzanne (Lily) rated it it was ok
I persevered with this story as it came recommended. It's the story of Kip a rocker that's an ex marine. Along comes Annie who agrees to write his biography. She doesn't 'do' rockers, he's a guy who never has trouble impressing anyone let alone the ladies. Initially I downloaded the free portion of this book and was intrigued to continue and purchased the full book. From the continuation of where the free section ended, the book changed for me but I continued.
Where this didn't work for me was t
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jan 01, 2013 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I did not finish this book.

I love any books with a rock star in it. I thought the cover of this book was gorgeous and couldnt wait to read it. Unfortunately I started last night and could not get past 10% of it. I could not get into the characters and felt disconnected from them. Anything that could be considered sexy seemed so out there and not a turn on at all. I realize that this is the author's first novel so feel that with time, she will develop her craft and writing style more and will loo
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 29, 2012 Sofia Lazaridou rated it liked it
Looks can deceive.Covers can deceive too.I mean look at that cover.It draws your attention right?Right.It promoises rockstars and a good time for you but the inside it's not so good.Having read Finding Cassilia I found nothing strange on they way Thomas wrote this one.Maybe some typos but who am I to care about that?It's similar to Finding Cassilia but I liked it.
  • Cherry Popper
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
  • Stardom (Fusion, #3)
  • Voices and Lies (Rock Hard Seduction, #1)
  • Seduced By The Candidate (The Candidate, #1)
  • Rock Me Slowly (Buried Alive Rockers, #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: Amazingly Broken
  • Mr. Mysterious In Black (Billionaire Brothers, #1)
  • Beauty in the Breakdown (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Unplugged (A Portrait of a Rock Star)
  • Obsession (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • The Firelight of Maalda (Legend of the Raie'Chaelia, #2)
  • Access All Areas (Access, #1)
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • After Midnight (Black Phoenix #1)
  • Rock My World (Firewire, #1)
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Can't Go Without (Oasis Waterfall, #2)