Start by marking “Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)

Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles #2)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  7,906 ratings  ·  1,302 reviews
In this seductive follow-up to Poison Princess, #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole takes us deeper into the dark world of the Arcana Chronicles.

Shocking secrets
Evie has fully come into her powers as the Tarot Empress, and Jack was there to see it all. She now knows that the teens who've been reincarnated as the Tarot are in the throes of an epic battle. It'...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
139th out of 2,465 books — 12,486 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
126th out of 1,512 books — 10,257 voters

More lists with this book...

Mada
Dec 02, 2012 Mada marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list
October 2013? With that cliffhanger? Are you trying to kill me?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't take it anymore. I need to know what happens with Evie and Jack.
I need it sooner. Pleeease.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Letitia

Endless Knight picks up directly where Poison Princess left off—Evie completing her first kill by taking out Arthur, the Alchemist, with Jack, Selena, Finn, and Matthew there to witness her in all her Red Witch glory. But Arthur is only one foe down, there are many, many more of them. And getting the heck out of Requiem, Tennessee and getting to her grandmother has become priority number one. But, as most things in Evie's life are, it won't be easy. Militia, cannibals, slavers, bagmen—not to men

Cookie
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE smexy drop-dead gorgeous COVER.
I can't. Is that Death there holding Evie? I'm sorry but I've had a thing for him since Poison Princess okay? Okay. I have a feeling that Jack is the Judgement card. Because when Jack rescued Evie from the redneck militia, he looked very angry and she said something like "his face promised pain and judgement." Anyhoo, Please excusez-moi while I go on a hiatus. Wake me up when september ends.
description
Sydney
(Below is my initial reaction to cover)

So I am done with Endless Knight, sequel to Poison Princess. What do I think of it?

I don't know what happened. Poison Princess was amazing. Absolutely awesome in every single way. Incredible to the point where I actually compared Kresely Cole to the Pope on my blog (http://rattlethestars.com/2013/10/01/...). And for a homegrown Irish Catholic girl, that's a big deal yo. So this book's epic fail is just a knife twisting deeper and deeper into my soul.

The...more
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Evie's finally come into her powers and used them against Arthur to destroy him and the evil he was causing. Jackson was taken back the change in Evie and unsure about exactly what is going on. The problem is that the game has only just begun and when Evie uses her powers she only wants to win.

I was a little shocked at Jackson's reaction to Evie. I knew he would be taken back by the Arcana'a powers but not that it would keep him from Evie. It did help that Finn's duplicity was revealed but it s...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I really liked it, but I also didn't. It was all so nonsensical yet somehow it managed to be rather entertaining.

-The plot was essentially just a bunch of good-looking-angsty-teenagers-with-powers running around, fighting, and hiding from: 1. Other good-looking-angsty-teenagers-with-powers 2. Weird-zombie-like-creatures-called-Bagmen 3. Creepy-hypnotized-cannibals and 4. Rapey-militia-men-whose-leaders-consisted-of-two-teenage-perverts. Yea… so it was all a load of teenage angsting and n...more
Trisha
I have a need. And this need will only be satisfied once I have this book in my grubby clutches.
October 2013.... /proceeds to tear hair out

Edit: THERE IS A MOTHER FREAKING BLURB. OH MY GOD.

Edit 2: COVER. COVER. COVER. GUYS, THERE IS A COVER AND IT IS GLORIOUS. And the release date is October 1st, I'm going to go mark my calendar now.

BTW, here's the link to the vid of the "Making of the Endless Knight cover" if anyone is interested: http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2013/05...

Edit 3: I FINISHED THE B...more
Andreea Pop
May 24, 2013 Andreea Pop marked it as to-read
Seriously, I NEED this book now!!!

UPDATE: May 24th 2013

Okay, I... I don't like that cover. AT ALL. The first one was beyond grand, magnificent and pure hotness! This?? This gives me the creeps. Plus: WHERE THE HECK IS MY JACKSON?!?!

Nonetheless...

GIVE ME THE DAMN BOOK!

Wendy Higgins
GAH! GAH! GAH!!!!!!!!

GENIUS!!!
Rachael
This is my first time winning a contest from Goodreads.com and it was this book in a bound manuscript, plus the first, Poison Princess. You can imagine how excited I was.

description

I'm can't wait to give my first actual review and pray I can get this out without spoiling anything in this delightful novel. (Though there might be spoilers for people who haven't read the first book.)

Endless Knight was a wonder book to me, just like Poison Princess was. I'd always enjoyed post-apocalyptic scenarios, tarot card...more
Rachel
Oct 01, 2013 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
ENDLESS KNIGHT is dark and seductive. It’s intense. It’s riveting. It is action-packed from the very first sentence to the very last word on the very last page. It is beautiful and it’s gruesome. It’s tantalizing, it’s thrilling, it’s mind-blowing. It takes readers on an exhilarating, nerve-wracking, suspense-filled and positively electrifying ride. A ride that will leave them dangling precariously off the edge of a very steep cliff.

One player down. Twenty-one remain. The game has now officially...more
Glinda Izabel
LA MIA SERIE PREFERITA. PUNTO

Krissy P (Kris)
Brilliant, Compelling, Exciting, Intense and Gruesome:

While I absolutely loved Poison Princess, I’m not sure if Endless Knight was just as good or even better, but it is definitely close and this book series is one of the best YA paranormal series I have read. The incredible characters and the story itself are so unique and extremely addictive. Kresley Cole has a gift for storytelling and kept me riveted and hanging by the edge of my seat. There is a lot of action in this and a good dose of roma...more
Glamdring
*1,5 stars*
*Spoiler free review*
* Buddy read with Den & Ella<3*

Although, YA and dystopia genres as well as "Hunger Game" kind of plot aren't my cup of tea I really loved Poison Princess, the first book in this series.

I have mixed feelings about this one.

Even though you can predict from the beginning of the book that there will be a cliffhanger and despite some roll eyes moments, I really liked the first half of the book but not so much the second one. And not because of the cliffy but be...more
Aleena
DISAPPOINTED.

WHY must this be so predictable and formulaic?!
WHY can I not have ONE series where the protagonist falls in love with the "wrong" person?!

LOOK AT HOW VOLDEMORT TURNED OUT JUST BECAUSE NOBODY EVER LOVED HIM. Death is just another Voldemort in the making and any evil in him shall be on YOUR HANDS Evie/Kresley.

Also, more importantly, I was in love with this series. I believed that it could be one of the best of it's genre but THEN Evie had to turn out like EVERY OTHER NAUSEATINGLY ANNO...more
Wendy
Dec 20, 2012 Wendy marked it as to-read
Would you just look at that smexy title. YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!! SOOoOOoOoO EXCITED. I'am going berserk.

The only negative thing about this is the f**king date of release
Tiffany
Mar 26, 2013 Tiffany marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
I NEED THIS BOOK LIKE PEETA KNEADS BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anne
The boys ruined it for me.

On plot and pacing alone this should have been an easy 4 star read. I started it yesterday afternoon, and finished it in time to tuck myself in bed fairly early.
The first book was cool, and had the catchy gimmick of Evie recounting her story to a guy who had drugged her tea. From his POV you got that he was a serial killer who had nasty plans for her in the future. So for the entire book, you were sitting on pins and needles waiting for the drugs to kick in, and for him...more
Monica
Holy Empress! Are you kidding me? I liked the first book, but this one was even better! This is YA series to watch! The paranormal elements in this series is completely unique and engrossing. The characters are alive. In this installment, Evie knows who she is and what she's truly capable of, and although she struggles to find the balance between being full-blown Empress, and just Evie. She is the perfect badass girl she should be, who still manages to have a good heart.
There was so much action...more
TheBookofJules
Ah, the death of all good young adult novels rears its ugly head: the love triangle.

Except, surprisingly, it didn't ruin this reading experience for me.

Endless Knight is the second book in Kresley Cole's new young adult series, the first being Poison Princess. In this installment, Evie, the Empress, has just killed the Alchemist card, showcasing her terrifying talents to the boy she loves: Jack. However, Death still taunts her, promising her a gruesome and harrowing death by his hands. When Deat...more
Punica
DAFUQ JUST HAPPENED?!? What an utter DISAPPOINTMENT!

Especially since I LOVED the first book and was so eagerly anticipating for this one. *le sigh* Everything that I loved from the first book was missing in this one. Instead we get Evie (who I thought was such a badass on the the 1st book) become the ultimate pin-up poster girl for the "YA Female Cliche Foundation- Loving LUSTING Over Two Guys Since Time Immemorial". Excuse me while I go gag. Yuck.

Seriously!?! This series could have been amazi...more
Maria
I was incredibly lucky to have received an advance copy of Endless Knight! And let me tell you, if you liked Poison Princess you will like Endless Knight! OMG what can I say that won’t give too much of the story away??

Endless Knight is heart stopping, breath holding, rapid firing page turning (I literally ripped a page out I got so excited-I haven’t read paper books for a while) adventure full of excitement made from forced alliances versus certain death. Fighting to stay alive against Bagman (...more
Dorothy
Jan 07, 2013 Dorothy marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-interested
12/30/2012: Curiosity killed the cat. And it's going to kill me.

I do not want to read this book. I was more frustrated with Poison Princess than I've ever been with a book. If it had ended, actually ended and not used a cliffhanger as a cheap trick to get me to read on, I can assure you that this book would go unread. Perhaps that was Cole's motivation?
Tori [Bottles of Summer]
YA my ass LOL. There was so much sexual tension in this book... If more YAs were this ballsy and edgy, I think I'd enjoy the genre again. Even with love triangles.

As for the one in this book, I'm torn between who I'm rooting for. From the start I adored Death in that..."tortured hero someone make him happy PLEASE" way. BUT, Jack has his own appeal. He's loyal, he's protective, he's suave in his Cajun ways.

What makes Death and Jack realistic is that they both have major character flaws coupled w...more
Emily
Endless Knight. Hmmmm. There were parts I sincerely loved, most of all Evie's interactions with Jackson. I mean who wouldn't fall for a guy that says this:

"You hurt her and I'll kill you!" Blood poured from his wrists. "I swear to Christ, I'll gut you!"

The dialogue is what sets Cole apart from other- smart, quick, and flows so naturally. I am convinced that Jackson is actually an Arcana card; he is definitely more than meets the eye. I really liked that Cole didn't gloss over the sex scene be...more
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"T'es pour moi, Evie. You're mine. Every part of you." He leaned down, took my lips once more. Between kisses, he said, "I told you once and I'll tell you again: there is nothing that can happen to you that we can't get past. Just five me a chance to get to you. Promise me."

You all know how nerve racking it can be to go into a sequel, the whole dreaded second book syndrome? Well, I for one was especially nervous to read Endless Knight because I absolutely loved Poison Princess, and I really didn...more
Agnese
May 14, 2013 Agnese marked it as to-read
quindi devo aspettare ALMENO sei mesi....ma si posso farcela...che sarà mai...

photo tumblr_lzif8oNlFP1r5y45a_zps3b97cff8.gif
♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad!
I NEED this book!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4.11.13
buddy read with Joan, was awesome......
Suzanne

This was an awesome sequel to Poison Princess. The love triangle is really hard though as I can't choose which guy, Jack or Death, I love the most. My heart goes out to Death, and I understand where he's coming from, but I can't help but think of poor Jack out there, searching frantically for Evie.

The ending has left me shocked and stunned. This is such an entertaining and exciting series. I'm not sure how I'm going to contain myself while I'm waiting for the next book, but I'm sure I'...more
Summer
*Update*
That Last of the Mohicans reference really got me laughing. Flashback to Grade.9 socials class.

I really hate guys who act all possessive and caveman-like, so I will be rooting for Death in this book! :D Plus, I really hope he has an actual name because Death sounds....awkward.

Jack or Aric aka Death 131 265 Oct 21, 2014 12:19PM
End of Endless Knight, Beginning of Book3 40 173 Sep 24, 2014 11:06AM
That's Normal's B...: Endless Knight (#2) 14 47 Jul 20, 2014 08:28PM
Are you really upset with Jackson? *spoilers* 11 84 Jun 22, 2014 09:47AM
Teen and YA Book ...: The Arcana Chronicles 1 9 May 31, 2014 11:38AM
Summary of Dead of Winter! 3 28 May 23, 2014 03:34PM
Is anyone else wondering about the debt Matthew owed Death? 12 35 May 21, 2014 07:36PM
  • Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
  • Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Death, and the Girl He Loves (Darklight, #3)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo...more
More about Kresley Cole...
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)

“I desired you before, but I never loved you until this life.” 67 likes
“Can’t help the way I was raised—anything supernatural is supposed to be either a miracle or satanic."

I rolled my eyes. “And you’re still trying to figure out which I am?”

"Non. I’m trying to figure out if I’m still Catholic.” He grinned that heart-stopping grin.”
48 likes