Start by marking “Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)” as Want to Read:
Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)

Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line #1)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,824 Ratings  ·  397 Reviews
For two years, State Trooper Kayne Dobrescu has wanted only one thing: to understand why his wife inexplicably killed their children and then herself. Memories haunt his days and lay siege to his nights, leaving him questioning his reasons for living.

Jessica Hallstatt became a widow and single mother the night her firefighter husband died in a fiery explosion at an acciden
Published November 20th 2012 by Hellsgate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Razing Kayne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Razing Kayne

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Updated to tell you about an amazing woman...

Some of you might recall that about a month ago, after getting the news that Pamela Clare had been diagnosed with breast cancer, I shared the story of how a few years back she and I "went together in spirit" to get our mammograms. I asked if anyone would be willing to "go with me in spirit" on May 1st, 2014, when I had my appointment (after skipping a couple years) to go.

Well, I had quietly posted my request in one of Pamela's Facebook groups, and th
Lisa
Feb 23, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

4.5 Stars

What a surprisingly wonderful book!

Razing Kayne is Julianne Reeves’ debut novel in her Walking a Thin Blue Line series. This story broke my heart, had me in a ball of frustration and then mended all the pieces and put me back together again. Ms. Reeves does an amazing job giving us a great mix of a heart-stopping romance and edge-of-your seat suspense. I was hooked right from the earth-shattering prologue. It was intense!

Kayne Dobrescu has suffered through an unspeakable tragedy. He lo
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Heartbreakingly Beautiful Stars

с моего последнего вздоха

description

A fiercely realistic book that grabs you by the throat from the prologue and stomps on your heart, just to put it all back together piece after piece, mending it stronger.

Kayne Dobrescu is a man broken. Utterly defeated.

description

Since childhood he struggled to survive. The police officer, found the dead bodies of his children and witnessed his wife committing suicide. A suspect in their murders once, he barely exists. He spends his nights drink
Karla

3 Stars!! There is something very appealing about this book, but it was not without issues!!

Okay, so did I blow through the book?! Yes! Would I say I was captivated and intrigued by the story?! Yes! However, it was almost too much of a good thing! Sorry kids, I know so many of you loved this one, but there were a few areas that bothered me and I feel the need to talk about them.

Issue #1 - It was dripping with cheese, or should I say mired in sugar. What made this book so sweet, and it was, ne
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Jan 30, 2013 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ by: UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
I LOVED this book, it hooked me from the prologue!! Kayne, such a gut wrenching tragady he endured and Jess, such a loving, beautiful, unselfish soul.

A perfect blend of Romance & Suspense. This book had it all tragedy, romance, suspense, laughter, sarrow, smokin' hot love scenes and pretty much any emotion you can feel. I loved the kid's roles and there were several scene's that made you smile and say "Awwwww".....the secondary characters were just as great and I'm looking forward to their
Lady Heather

June 12, 2014

**This quote is from Kaylea Cross' facebook page,

"I just heard that Julieanne Reeves passed away yesterday and I'm in absolute shock. She was my dedicated beta reader responsible for checking all my important military and law enforcement details in my books and she ALWAYS went above and beyond with her research for me. Like, crazy.

She leaves behind two children.

I feel sick to my stomach.

God bless you, Julieanne, and your children. I guess heaven needed another angel."

My prayers in
Steffi
Original review: www.sweptawaybyromance.blogspot.com

Razing Kayne is one of those rare gems of a book that you are lucky to find once in a while. I am beating myself up for not reading it sooner, I don’t want to think about this wonderful book whiling away on my kindle while I was ignoring it. I have to give credit to Dhes (Uniquely Moi Dhestiny on Goodreads) for her amazing review which sealed the deal for me to read it after all. I don’t even want to imagine what I would have missed!

“For two ye
Auntee
Feb 06, 2014 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys some angst with their hot romance
I loved this book. I thought it was different from the typical romances I've been reading lately and just what I needed. And I love a hero who starts out miserable and ends up deliriously happy!

No plot recap, just my thoughts here...

Plenty of angst, some hot sex, happiness, misunderstandings, hurtful words, sweet makeups, wonderful family moments, and some nail biting suspense too. I enjoyed the secondary characters (looking forward to some of (Arizona Highway Patrolman) Kayne's coworkers storie
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
A gut wrenching roller coaster that expertly blends romance and suspense.

From the shocking opening scene to the gut gripping reveal at the end the author takes us on an emotional journey like no other I have read. The author incorporates her real life experiences in 911 communication and real life tragedies ripped from the headlines and mesmerizes you in this debut novel.

As the description of the book gives a very good understanding of what the book is about I am not going to rehash that and t
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I have stated before that my addiction to reading started after reading The Twilight Saga. I had no idea such truly AWESOME authors and books were out there that would continue to feed my addiction. I have my favorite authors that have me anxiously waiting for each new release. And since I started my blog, I have been introduced to such a wide variety of books and new-to-me authors that I would have never found otherwise. One such author is Julieanne Reeves. I was thrilled when Julieanne contact ...more
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was better than I expected it to be. I'm not sure why I put it off so long, but I'm happy I gave in. It might've been the blurb, because I thought that the part that says "throwing Kayne and Jessica together in a fight against an unknown enemy to save the life of a child" was misleading. I had the impression that it was (view spoiler)
Yvonne
Jan 11, 2013 Yvonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Danielle
Shelves: 2012-november
This was another winner and a great surprise. If I hadn't stayed up until 2:00am, I'd be able to write more!

Okay...I'm back I need to try to write something since this author is new for me and I really recommend it for those looking for heavier emotional romance/suspense. Kayne is a Russian American (for those of you who love hot Russian Heroes - Danielle!) and his back story is painful to read. Jess/h was a wonderfully written character with an amazing amount of love to give but burdened at tim
Holly
All I kept thinking as I read this book is 'Wow, this is such a great story' and I totally didn't want it to end. From the first chapter and it's unimaginable tragedy that befalls our hero I simply could not tear myself away!

State Trooper Kayne Dobrescu suffers the unimaginable tragedy of having his wife murder their children and then kill herself in front of him. With no answers and unable to stay in that home or town any longer he accepts a transfer to a small mountain town in Arizona to try a
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Good god, I loved this book.

You barely get the tip of the story iceberg in the blurb, and I didn't read any reviews first, so I was more than a little blindsided by the storyline. Both Kayne and Jess have such deep emotional scars from their pasts, it was hard for me to read sometimes. (view spoiler)

Kayne is barely living after the loss
Shadi ***save your ratings use disclaimers**
This one took me forever to pick up. I knew going into it that I would have a hard time because it had one of my biggest triggers (view spoiler). However a lot of my goodreads friends rave over this book and after reading it I understand why. I will admit it took me awhile to get over the horror of the first chapter. That is any parents worst nightmare. Once I did though I settled into the book like a long lost friend was telling me about their life.

Wow this
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 5 "My North Star" stars!!! Oh, I loved this book!!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)
Aly Hackett
Nov 27, 2012 Aly Hackett rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I am normally not a really in depth reviewer but since there were so many 5 star reviews and mine doesn't even come close to that, I thought I would explain.

*It felt like the author was trying to throw every plot device she has ever thought of into the book - bad childhood, being better than that bad childhood, cheating husband, husband's friend being in love with widow, loss of a child, found child, the mob-like villain, etc.

*All these plots devices created way too much going on in the book. I
Sharon
Oct 23, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Officer Kayne Dobrescu has endured an unspeakable tragedy. A tragedy no one should have to face; the loss of his wife and children. His journey to find a reason to live after this paralyzing loss leads him to a job in Payson, Arizona where, in a routine traffic stop, he meets Jessica Halstatt. She's fascinating. But a car full of kids makes him wary of pursuing any type of involvement with this woman.

Jess is dealing with her own tragedy; the loss of her husband in a fiery explosion two years ear
Gina
May 28, 2013 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense

This missed the mark for me, with all the rave reviews I was surprised I didn’t enjoy this more. I guess I found the whole thing impossible to believe. Kayne is a police officer, he walks into his house and sees two of his three children dead, by drowning. His wife is standing over them crying. When Kayne runs to them, his wife takes his gun and shoots herself. No one knows what happened to his youngest daughter, her body is never found.

Now the whole book could have just been about Kayne and fi
Janet Juengling-Snell
All I can say is O to the M to the G, what a awesome story!!!! Just finshed Razing Kayne, it's 3 am and my eyes are burning, but I couldn't put this damn book down. A full review to follow once I get a few hours of sleep!!!

It's been a few day, But here goes...

This is Julieanne Reeves first Novel, and I must say, it grabs your attention from the very beginning and doesn’t let go until the very end!!!
It’s really hard to write a review for this book without giving away too much, because Razing Kay
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
5 With My Last Breath Stars

photo ca6c684a2c98d4eadea91f1826aacd35_zpsooqwfglk.gif

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love."
~~~Washington Irving~~~

photo PicsArt_01-02-06.50.44_zpsqezbyol7.jpg

After losing his 3 toddler children and wife, by the hands of his wife, in the most devastating of ways, Kayne Dobrescu is barely living.

Trying to survive the devastating loss, Kayne moves on to another town to get away from the accusations th
Kellie G.
Jan 30, 2013 Kellie G. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fan-flipping-tastic!! This book has a perfect mix of suspense, angst, & romance for me. Very touching and emotional, but still steamy, sexy & sweet. I can't wait for more in this series.

Thanks to Dorsey, her status updates encouraged me to read this.
Eve Recinella
Dec 24, 2015 Eve Recinella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a solid four star read for me!

At first I wasn't sure I was going to like this one. Kayne was such an epic asshole douche, and Jess was such a doormat, but 1/3 of the way through things started to take off and I got sucked right in!

There were a couple things that annoyed me, how Kayne didn't seem to love his wife, then he loved her etc. Of course Jess had to get stuck with bad sex and a nasty ex, seems to be par for the course these days! I didn't love that he gave Jess (view spoiler)
Pat
Dec 10, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Razing Kayne........ By Julieanne Reeves
This novel contains heart stopping fear, sadness beyond description, police,
firefighters, and a beautiful love story.

Kayne Dobrescu State Police officer pulls Jessica Hallstatt over for
speeding in the little town of Payson, Arizona. It turns out to be a
memorable traffic stop for both. Kayne and Jessica are both suffering from
terrible losses in their lives, and have chosen to close their hearts to
protect against further damage. Jessica is a widow, with fou
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Walking a Thin Blue Line series by Julieanna Reeves. Kayne Dobrescu comes home after a long shift at work and finds two of his children dead, the third missing and as he attempts to revive his children, his wife grabs his gun and kills herself. Wow! Well, it's two years later and Kayne has transferred to a small town named Payson, Arizona. It is here he pulls over Jessica Hallstatt for speeding. Jessica has her own demons. Her husband was killed while rescuing a baby two ye ...more
Leslie
OMG!! What great fucking book!!

I was hooked from the prologue! It was full action, sweet romance and suspense. It was so unexpected too, when I picked it up I wasnt expecting much but damn! It was awesome! So sorry to hear this author passed away. I think she would have had a fabulous writing career because this was a fucking kick ass debut novel. I was so ready to do the rest of the series when I read up on the authors passing. Don't miss this story my friends it was fan-fucking-tactic!
Andrea
Oct 22, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, Razing Kayne is an exceptional debut novel that is sure to drive you into the depths of your heart. Put your seat belt on because Ms. Reeves beautifully describes the strength that love gives and the agony of love lost. Good luck putting it down once you start, I couldn't. I am enthusiastically hooked on the Walking A Thin Blue Line series.
Anna's Herding Cats

One little bit of advice. Make sure you have a few free hours to spend reading before picking this one up because once you start it's nearly impossible to pull yourself away from Razing Kayne.

Full review to come...
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Okay it is official I have a huge book hangover. This book was amazing. I think it is one of the best books I have read all year. For sure in my top 10. A must read!
Aestas Book Blog
hmmm I've heard that this is really emotional and heart breaking with a HEA and that's definitely caught my attention. Adding it to the pile :)

Nancy Gideon By M...: Razing Kayne - April's Monthly Read 38 20 Jun 12, 2014 04:51PM
What genre is Razing Kayne? 6 85 Mar 25, 2013 02:16PM
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #4)
  • Rude Awakening
  • Club Justice (Trinity Falls, #1)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • The Edge of Courage (Red Team, #1)
  • Steal My Heart (Washington Memorial Hospital, #2)
  • Into the Blackness (The Blackness, #4)
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • My Everything
Julieanne Reeves was a third generation Arizonan with a background in Police-Fire-911 Communications. When she was not spending time spoiling her two wonderful children, she enjoyed reading and writing steamy romantic suspense. Having had the privilege of working with some of the finest Law Enforcement Officers in the nation, it's little wonder her heroes carry a firearm and badge. Julieanne passe ...more
More about Julieanne Reeves...

Walking a Thin Blue Line (3 books)
  • Nick of Time (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #2)
  • Without a Trace (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #3)

“I designed this and had it made especially for you. The trefoil is the symbol of immortality: a beginning without an end, like our life together. The hearts represent my love for you. Forever love. Unending like the knot they form. I chose opals instead of diamonds, because opals are warm living stones, each color a birth stone, yours being the center of this ring just like you are the center of our family. “I know the inscription isn’t original, but the meaning behind the words is. I wrote those words for the wife I dreamed of. And here you are. With My Last Breath.” 10 likes
“I need you, Jess, with everything in me I need you, not just now or tonight, but forever. You're my North Star and Safe Harbor and all those other sappy clichés, but above all else, you are my dragon slayer. I need you tonight. I need you in my arms where I can feel your heart beating in time with mine. Just hold me and… and let me hold you in return.” 10 likes