Start by marking “Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)” as Want to Read:
Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)

Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  2,045 ratings  ·  344 reviews
For two years, State Trooper Kayne Dobrescu has wanted only one thing: to understand why his wife inexplicably killed their children and then herself. Memories haunt his days and lay siege to his nights, leaving him questioning his reasons for living.

Jessica Hallstatt became a widow and single mother the night her firefighter husband died in a fiery explosion at an acciden
Published November 20th 2012 by Hellsgate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Razing Kayne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Razing Kayne

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Updated to tell you about an amazing woman...

Some of you might recall that about a month ago, after getting the news that Pamela Clare had been diagnosed with breast cancer, I shared the story of how a few years back she and I "went together in spirit" to get our mammograms. I asked if anyone would be willing to "go with me in spirit" on May 1st, 2014, when I had my appointment (after skipping a couple years) to go.

Well, I had quietly posted my request in one of Pamela's Facebook groups, and th
Lisa

4.5 Stars

What a surprisingly wonderful book!

Razing Kayne is Julianne Reeves’ debut novel in her Walking a Thin Blue Line series. This story broke my heart, had me in a ball of frustration and then mended all the pieces and put me back together again. Ms. Reeves does an amazing job giving us a great mix of a heart-stopping romance and edge-of-your seat suspense. I was hooked right from the earth-shattering prologue. It was intense!

Kayne Dobrescu has suffered through an unspeakable tragedy. He lo
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Heartbreakingly Beautiful Stars

с моего последнего вздоха

description

A fiercely realistic book that grabs you by the throat from the prologue and stomps on your heart, just to put it all back together piece after piece, mending it stronger.

Kayne Dobrescu is a man broken. Utterly defeated.

description

Since childhood he struggled to survive. The police officer, found the dead bodies of his children and witnessed his wife committing suicide. A suspect in their murders once, he barely exists. He spends his nights drink
Karla

3 Stars!! There is something very appealing about this book, but it was not without issues!!

Okay, so did I blow through the book?! Yes! Would I say I was captivated and intrigued by the story?! Yes! However, it was almost too much of a good thing! Sorry kids, I know so many of you loved this one, but there were a few areas that bothered me and I feel the need to talk about them.

Issue #1 - It was dripping with cheese, or should I say mired in sugar. What made this book so sweet, and it was, ne
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
Jan 30, 2013 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict by: UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
I LOVED this book, it hooked me from the prologue!! Kayne, such a gut wrenching tragady he endured and Jess, such a loving, beautiful, unselfish soul.

A perfect blend of Romance & Suspense. This book had it all tragedy, romance, suspense, laughter, sarrow, smokin' hot love scenes and pretty much any emotion you can feel. I loved the kid's roles and there were several scene's that made you smile and say "Awwwww".....the secondary characters were just as great and I'm looking forward to their
Lady Heather

June 12, 2014

**This quote is from Kaylea Cross' facebook page,

"I just heard that Julieanne Reeves passed away yesterday and I'm in absolute shock. She was my dedicated beta reader responsible for checking all my important military and law enforcement details in my books and she ALWAYS went above and beyond with her research for me. Like, crazy.

She leaves behind two children.

I feel sick to my stomach.

God bless you, Julieanne, and your children. I guess heaven needed another angel."

My prayers in
Steffi
Original review: www.sweptawaybyromance.blogspot.com

Razing Kayne is one of those rare gems of a book that you are lucky to find once in a while. I am beating myself up for not reading it sooner, I don’t want to think about this wonderful book whiling away on my kindle while I was ignoring it. I have to give credit to Dhes (Uniquely Moi Dhestiny on Goodreads) for her amazing review which sealed the deal for me to read it after all. I don’t even want to imagine what I would have missed!

“For two ye
Auntee
Feb 06, 2014 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys some angst with their hot romance
I loved this book. I thought it was different from the typical romances I've been reading lately and just what I needed. And I love a hero who starts out miserable and ends up deliriously happy!

No plot recap, just my thoughts here...

Plenty of angst, some hot sex, happiness, misunderstandings, hurtful words, sweet makeups, wonderful family moments, and some nail biting suspense too. I enjoyed the secondary characters (looking forward to some of (Arizona Highway Patrolman) Kayne's coworkers storie
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
A gut wrenching roller coaster that expertly blends romance and suspense.

From the shocking opening scene to the gut gripping reveal at the end the author takes us on an emotional journey like no other I have read. The author incorporates her real life experiences in 911 communication and real life tragedies ripped from the headlines and mesmerizes you in this debut novel.

As the description of the book gives a very good understanding of what the book is about I am not going to rehash that and t
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I have stated before that my addiction to reading started after reading The Twilight Saga. I had no idea such truly AWESOME authors and books were out there that would continue to feed my addiction. I have my favorite authors that have me anxiously waiting for each new release. And since I started my blog, I have been introduced to such a wide variety of books and new-to-me authors that I would have never found otherwise. One such author is Julieanne Reeves. I was thrilled when Julieanne contact ...more
Yvonne
Jan 11, 2013 Yvonne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Danielle
Shelves: 2012-november
This was another winner and a great surprise. If I hadn't stayed up until 2:00am, I'd be able to write more!

Okay...I'm back I need to try to write something since this author is new for me and I really recommend it for those looking for heavier emotional romance/suspense. Kayne is a Russian American (for those of you who love hot Russian Heroes - Danielle!) and his back story is painful to read. Jess/h was a wonderfully written character with an amazing amount of love to give but burdened at tim
Holly
All I kept thinking as I read this book is 'Wow, this is such a great story' and I totally didn't want it to end. From the first chapter and it's unimaginable tragedy that befalls our hero I simply could not tear myself away!

State Trooper Kayne Dobrescu suffers the unimaginable tragedy of having his wife murder their children and then kill herself in front of him. With no answers and unable to stay in that home or town any longer he accepts a transfer to a small mountain town in Arizona to try a
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Good god, I loved this book.

You barely get the tip of the story iceberg in the blurb, and I didn't read any reviews first, so I was more than a little blindsided by the storyline. Both Kayne and Jess have such deep emotional scars from their pasts, it was hard for me to read sometimes. (view spoiler)

Kayne is barely living after the loss
Sharon
Officer Kayne Dobrescu has endured an unspeakable tragedy. A tragedy no one should have to face; the loss of his wife and children. His journey to find a reason to live after this paralyzing loss leads him to a job in Payson, Arizona where, in a routine traffic stop, he meets Jessica Halstatt. She's fascinating. But a car full of kids makes him wary of pursuing any type of involvement with this woman.

Jess is dealing with her own tragedy; the loss of her husband in a fiery explosion two years ear
Gina

This missed the mark for me, with all the rave reviews I was surprised I didn’t enjoy this more. I guess I found the whole thing impossible to believe. Kayne is a police officer, he walks into his house and sees two of his three children dead, by drowning. His wife is standing over them crying. When Kayne runs to them, his wife takes his gun and shoots herself. No one knows what happened to his youngest daughter, her body is never found.

Now the whole book could have just been about Kayne and fi
Janet Juengling-Snell
All I can say is O to the M to the G, what a awesome story!!!! Just finshed Razing Kayne, it's 3 am and my eyes are burning, but I couldn't put this damn book down. A full review to follow once I get a few hours of sleep!!!

It's been a few day, But here goes...

This is Julieanne Reeves first Novel, and I must say, it grabs your attention from the very beginning and doesn’t let go until the very end!!!
It’s really hard to write a review for this book without giving away too much, because Razing Kay
Kellie G.
Fan-flipping-tastic!! This book has a perfect mix of suspense, angst, & romance for me. Very touching and emotional, but still steamy, sexy & sweet. I can't wait for more in this series.

Thanks to Dorsey, her status updates encouraged me to read this.
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 5 "My North Star" stars!!! Oh, I loved this book!!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)
Pat
Razing Kayne........ By Julieanne Reeves
This novel contains heart stopping fear, sadness beyond description, police,
firefighters, and a beautiful love story.

Kayne Dobrescu State Police officer pulls Jessica Hallstatt over for
speeding in the little town of Payson, Arizona. It turns out to be a
memorable traffic stop for both. Kayne and Jessica are both suffering from
terrible losses in their lives, and have chosen to close their hearts to
protect against further damage. Jessica is a widow, with fou
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Walking a Thin Blue Line series by Julieanna Reeves. Kayne Dobrescu comes home after a long shift at work and finds two of his children dead, the third missing and as he attempts to revive his children, his wife grabs his gun and kills herself. Wow! Well, it's two years later and Kayne has transferred to a small town named Payson, Arizona. It is here he pulls over Jessica Hallstatt for speeding. Jessica has her own demons. Her husband was killed while rescuing a baby two ye ...more
Andrea
WOW, Razing Kayne is an exceptional debut novel that is sure to drive you into the depths of your heart. Put your seat belt on because Ms. Reeves beautifully describes the strength that love gives and the agony of love lost. Good luck putting it down once you start, I couldn't. I am enthusiastically hooked on the Walking A Thin Blue Line series.
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Okay it is official I have a huge book hangover. This book was amazing. I think it is one of the best books I have read all year. For sure in my top 10. A must read!
Anna's Herding Cats!

One little bit of advice. Make sure you have a few free hours to spend reading before picking this one up because once you start it's nearly impossible to pull yourself away from Razing Kayne.

Full review to come...
Ann
REALLY liked this one. Thanks to Pamela Clare’s blog for the rec. This was great romantic suspense, a definite page turner with wonderful characters that you care about and a satisfying steamy hot romance. Nice equal balance too between suspenseful story and hot romance. Instant chemistry between Zane/Jess that sizzles. Zane/Jess both with deeply wounded hearts find a terrific HEA. Zane tragically loses his family only to find healing in another. Jess has had her own share of loss she’s trying t ...more
Selena Robins
Julieanne Reeves debut novel, Razing Kayne, is jammed packed with a emotional turmoil and suspense that is guaranteed to tug at your heartstrings at the same time, she was able to weave in humor, and showcase the struggle of a single parent who makes mistakes, but handles the stress with a sense of humor and realistic goals.

I was hesitant to read the book at first, because of the subject matter (the murder of small children), however, after reading the prologue and first few chapters that the au
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

Razing Kane is an IMPRESSIVE DEBUT NOVEL that had me turn pages non-stop. It is an engaging story that will make a mark on your reading experience. This story is heart breaking, EMOTIONALLY CHARGED and sometimes draining but most of all, it’s full of HOPE and SECOND CHANCES. Ms. Reeves has definitely captured my heart.

State Trooper Kayne Dobrescu is a believable alpha male of the twentieth century complete with a tortured past. He is every bit jad
Tonya Gentry
RAZING KAYNE is the debut novel by Julieanne Reeves. It's the first in a series and I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next one. I won't repeat the blurb since it's already posted and I won't say much about the story line. I don't want to give any spoilers. What I will say is that this book grabbed me on the very first page and it hasn't let me go yet. I still think about it sometimes. RAZING KAYNE is the kind of book that you devour and lose sleep over because you just can't put it down. A ...more
Alyssa
Find this review at Hesperia Loves Books

From the moment I read the prologue of this book, I was hooked. It was intense, gut-wrenching & extremely emotional - I wanted to crawl inside the book and be the healing balm that soothed Kayne’s soul. I was captivated by him and his story and needed a happy ending for him. What I was given was a truly spectacular book that took my emotions on an exhilarating roller coaster ride and I LOVED every minute of it.

Kayne Dobrescu is a man who has lost every
Aestas Book Blog
hmmm I've heard that this is really emotional and heart breaking with a HEA and that's definitely caught my attention. Adding it to the pile :)

Kame
4 1/2 stars!

Every once and a while you finish a book and you love it down to your toes, and when someone asks you why you are at a loss of words to describe it. That is how I feel about Razing Kayne .

Kayne Dobrescu is living with deep pain, pain that many could not fathom. Two years ago when he was a member of the Santa Barbara police force; he walked into his apartment he shared with his wife and three young children and in a blink of an eye his two oldest children were dead, his wife committe
Nancy Gideon By M...: Razing Kayne - April's Monthly Read 38 16 Jun 12, 2014 04:51PM
What genre is Razing Kayne? 6 79 Mar 25, 2013 02:16PM
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #4)
  • Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found, #1)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • A Reason to Breathe (Reason, #1)
  • Rude Awakening
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • Steal My Heart (Washington Memorial Hospital, #2)
  • Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops #1)
  • Fire and Ice (Guardians, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Kidnapped (Edgars Family, #1)
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Promises to Keep
Julieanne Reeves was a third generation Arizonan with a background in Police-Fire-911 Communications. When she was not spending time spoiling her two wonderful children, she enjoyed reading and writing steamy romantic suspense. Having had the privilege of working with some of the finest Law Enforcement Officers in the nation, it's little wonder her heroes carry a firearm and badge. Julieanne passe ...more
More about Julieanne Reeves...

Walking a Thin Blue Line (3 books)
  • Nick of Time (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #2)
  • Without a Trace (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #3)
Nick of Time (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #2) Without a Trace (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #3)

“I need you, Jess, with everything in me I need you, not just now or tonight, but forever. You're my North Star and Safe Harbor and all those other sappy clichés, but above all else, you are my dragon slayer. I need you tonight. I need you in my arms where I can feel your heart beating in time with mine. Just hold me and… and let me hold you in return.” 11 likes
“I designed this and had it made especially for you. The trefoil is the symbol of immortality: a beginning without an end, like our life together. The hearts represent my love for you. Forever love. Unending like the knot they form. I chose opals instead of diamonds, because opals are warm living stones, each color a birth stone, yours being the center of this ring just like you are the center of our family. “I know the inscription isn’t original, but the meaning behind the words is. I wrote those words for the wife I dreamed of. And here you are. With My Last Breath.” 10 likes