Not Just for Christmas

Not Just for Christmas

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When his last boyfriend broke his heart and stole his life savings, Glenn figured he would be much safer if he closed the door on love and threw himself into his job as head window dresser in a large department store. Unbeknownst to Glenn, while he continues to build a wall around his heart, his Guardian Angel is plotting to give him his happy ever after involving a manneq...more
Published December 1st 2012 by White Stiletto Press

Vio
Angels running amuck for true love, cute and adorable dreamy short. Noel and Glenn are lucky that Christian was willing to give them a second chance. Sweet feel good romance for Christmas.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Ah...Glenn had an asshat of an ex, so now he's in love with the perfect guy, good looking, won't cheat, always listens..the only problem is that Noel is a mannequin at the store where Glenn is a decorator.
Now that of course puts a damper on Noel's love life but..and this part is important people, his guardian Angel ( very unorthodox ) is going to solve that little problem of Noel being an inanimate object!
Of course where ever there are angels, who are sort of rude and use bad language , and ar...more
Deeze
Now this is a perfect Christmas story.

Romantic and with a miracle ending.

Very very happy right now.
Stephanie
3.5 stars. Such a sweet story. I loved it!
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Hmmm, I'm totally going to date myself here but ... this book reminds me of that movie, Mannequin, with Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrall. Well, if Kim Cattrall was a guy. And, Andrew McCarthy was into guys. But you get my drift.

This story was short and sweet with NO steamy, smexy scenes. Not a one. Hmph! Considering Lisa Worrall writes some of the steamiest, sexiest stuff out there, it felt a little like getting a piece of coal in my stocking. Just kidding. Sorta. The characters were li...more
Serena Yates
Some people seem to attract bad luck, and Glenn is one of them. His last lover taking his life savings has made him decide to focus on his job instead of his personal life. Little does he know that his guardian angel, Thomas, blames himself for the fiasco and is determined to fix the situation. The story that ensues is funny, made me smile, and contains enough magic for two very happy endings (which is needed because Thomas is in deep trouble for what he dared to do).

Glenn is a great guy, and ev...more
Lauren
3.5 stars - This was a cute and fluffy holiday short that put a smile on my face.
Raevyn
The blurb reminded me of the 80s movie Mannequin and the story line is similar. Glenn was hurt by a previous boyfriend and has trouble getting out there now. He spends his days as a window dresser and waits until he can pull out 'Noel', the mannequin he uses for the Christmas display. Glenn has fallen for the man he believes Noel would be. Enter guardian angels and a little Christmas magic... now you have a living Noel. I thought the story was sweet, but I wanted an epilogue or something to keep...more
melek
Glenn is in love and some angels give him his dream man.
Lucy
Foul mouthed, sarcastic angels wearing diapers, okay loin clothes, helping out the unlucky in love Glenn. Unlucky because his angel sent him a loser. This time they'll get it right. With a mannequin! It's short, funny and cute.
I really enjoyed this short story, very loving and magical. Not just a Christmas time story either. I love all the characters the sexy main characters to the naughty and grumpy angels. Can we have more please Mrs Worrall ??? please.....
Shannon
I can't believe such a short story actually made me all teary eyed. Damn that was sweet. My favorite xmas story this year so far. Glenn is in love with a mannequin Noel. Bring in the angels and voila! A miracle. :D
Pat Nelson
I absolutely LOVED this story! Definitely not your average guardian angel/Christmas tale and the end is a pleasant surprise.
blub
It was a sweet read but not something I would probably read again.
Veronica / V
Very cute and funny in some parts.
mw138
Sweet, but somewhat confusing.
Cecilia Rodriguez
A sweet and cute short story.
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Zlatathebookworm
Zlatathebookworm marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
May 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Thank you for reading and taking the time to review and/or rate. It's jaw-dropping to me that you would do either. I feel a bit like Sally Field in her famous Oscar speech "You like me - you actually like me"

I live in a small seaside town just outside London, on the South Coast of England that boasts the longest pier in the world; where I am ordered around by two precocious children and a dog who...more
More about Lisa Worrall...
Laurel Heights A Nanny for Nate Unshakeable Faith Just One Kiss Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos, #1)