Start by marking “Horror Bent” as Want to Read:
Horror Bent

Read Book* *Different edition

Horror Bent

This collection of horror stories is intended to entertain the reader most of all. These stories run quite a gamut of themes and ideas. In these imagination excursions corpses will arise, demons will possess and there’s even the birth of a demon child. So open up the book and step into a fantastic world where fact and fiction intermingle and conjoin.
Published November 26th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published November 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Horror Bent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horror Bent

Brandon
This little novel is a collection of short stories that try to answer a “what if” question for the reader.

Each short story has its own question for the reader to try and decide an answer to. Fiction novels like this are very nice to read as it give the reader a chance to live out each story on their own by giving them a chance to say “what if” I did this or that.

In one collection “After the Party”, a reader is giving the question of whether or not they could give birth to and raise a demon child
Layna
Jan 28, 2013 Layna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Horror Bent is several stories in one. These stories include demons, possession, zombies, ghosts and magic. It has stories from the best of all sorts of horror categories. The stories are short and easy to get into and finish quickly. Personally, my favorite was the war time zombie story and the last story which was about possession and was the longest short story in the book.

I enjoyed how quick and easy this book was. Horror Bend was well written and it isn't too scary that it would give me ni
Christoph Fischer
"Horror Bent" by Brian Bigelow was a surprise find for me. I am not hot on short stories to be honest and find myself drifting off after reading a few. I read the book however in one sitting and found it strangely compulsive. The stories are moving through the horror genre, witchcraft, monsters, demons - you name it and they will probably make a small appearance in there somewhere. The author however has given the stories a lot of thought and he explains at the end of the book where his ideas ha ...more
Bonnie Bernard
Dec 17, 2012 Bonnie Bernard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to get my husband to read this one. It's a quick read, and worth every minute. War stories, haunting, witches, supernatural forces coming to a hero's "assistance" - it's all in there. One of my favorite stories even has zombies, and who doesn't just love zombies, right? The plot moves along like lightning and the characters are well-developed.

If you're looking for a quick, engaging short horror book (I read it on an airplane flight), check Horror Bent out. You will love it.

I recommend
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Aug 06, 2013 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS ONLY
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Brian Bigelow Author
I received an e-ARC copy of this book in return for an honest review. This is a wickedly frightening bunch of stories and I loved every minute of them. This is a recommended must read that will have you shaking and thinking about the stories long after you finish each on. Thank you, Brian, for these amazingly horrifying tales!! I give this phenomenal book of paranormal 10*s.
Summer Hedrick
Jan 07, 2013 Summer Hedrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

This is a great book filled with a collection of short stories. What's better than a book filled with Zombies, Witches, Aliens and Ghosts? Of course my favorite was the zombies. Who doesn't love zombies?
Lauren
Jan 13, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What more could a girl ask for? Demons, Witches, Zombies, Aliens, Ghosts and enchanted items. This collection of short stories gives you a little of everything and keeps you wanting more! WaAR
My favorite was the zombies, because you never know what that mixture of chemicals could do!
Kitty Muse Book Reviews
From demons to aliens, witches to zombies–this short anthology is up to its ears in them. Six stories, every one of them different, and every one of them well worth the read.

In “After the Party”, we find out what happens when Sydney has one too many at a party, and lives to regret the results. But not right away–she has to raise it first…

“Dance of Death” takes us to the French countryside of World War I. If ever there was an incident to bind enemies together, it would be what happened on that da
Lachelle Redd
Jan 21, 2014 Lachelle Redd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the stories and the worlds that the writer created. Brian is truly a talented Indie with a vivid imagination and a wonderful style. I enjoyed this book very much and look forward to more.
Brian Bigelow
Dec 04, 2012 Brian Bigelow rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Paige Bleu
Paige Bleu marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
John Watson
John Watson marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
John Manning
John Manning marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Mari
Mari marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Linda Gregory
Linda Gregory marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Jada Johnson
Jada Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Blue Eyed Vixen
Blue Eyed Vixen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Tiffany Riach
Tiffany Riach marked it as to-read
Leanne Jacobson
Leanne Jacobson marked it as to-read
Kimberly Schaaf
Kimberly Schaaf marked it as to-read
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jayson James
Jayson James marked it as to-read
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Froggarita
Froggarita marked it as to-read
Dawn Dow
Dawn Dow marked it as to-read
Merisha28
Merisha28 marked it as to-read
Marga
Marga marked it as to-read
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Sandy Howe
Sandy Howe marked it as to-read
Iroulito91
Iroulito91 marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Harmony Lawson
Harmony Lawson marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Author Brian Bigelow is originally from Minnesota and currently lives in Colorado.
More about Brian Bigelow...