Start by marking “Dare To Believe” as Want to Read:
Dare To Believe

Dare To Believe

The Pulitzer prize winning writer …
Catherine Hemstead Malloy had it all – riches, glamour and happiness – or so it seemed. When her husband dies in an accident, she discovers she never really had anything at all. Now with nothing but a dismal bank account and her precious daughter, Cate fights to rebuild her life—until her daughter is kidnapped. Cate has no money, no resou
Published by Amazon Digital Services (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dare To Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare To Believe

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
We start out with Catherine Hemstead Malloy packing up what's left after her husbands death and realizing after living an extravagant life with him she and her daughter are basically broke. When the last thing is loaded onto the moving truck she goes in search of her 7 year old daughter and is unable to find her.

From here we go on a journey to find out what happened to her daughter. Helping her is the only man she has ever loved but walked away from and married his partner.

Jason St. Pierre nev
Donnell Bell
Oct 06, 2012 Donnell Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished "Dare to believe" by L.A. Sartor and wanted to talk about how much I enjoyed this debut author's storytelling. Catherine Hempstead Malloy seemingly has everything, when her husband is killed in a tragic fall. That's not all that plummets. Richard's business dealings have left an unsuspecting Cate with little security, and certainly no way to maintain the lifestyle she and her daughter Haley once had.

Ever pragmatic, Cate makes arrangements to move, secures a new job and when the mov
Beverley Bateman
Feb 24, 2014 Beverley Bateman rated it it was amazing
Kidnapping and suspense grip you when a child goes missing in the first few pages.
Six years ago Catherine, despite being in love, broke off her relationship with Jason. They’re brought together to find Catherine’s daughter. You’ll love the hero and how he supports the heroine, despite the pain of being close to a woman he still loves.
At first it looks like the girl may have wandered off, but the realization sets in that Jason’s employees have j kidnapped her.
But what’s the motive?’
Fighting the
Sandra Kerns
Sep 03, 2012 Sandra Kerns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L.A. Sartor hits the ground running with her debut novel, Dare To Believe. The twists and turns are well played. Just when you think you have it figured out, she tosses in another possibility. The tension is palpable between the hero and heroine. The secondary characters and the antagonist are well fleshed out without being overplayed. A great read that keeps you turning the pages long after you should have gone to bed!
Lisa Potocar
Feb 01, 2013 Lisa Potocar rated it it was amazing
A lovely portrayal of love and mending relationships wrapped around intrigue to do with a kidnapping. I read this book in two days but would've read it in one if I'd had the time. It was a beautifully developed story that was greatly entertaining. Ms. Sartor does a splendid job of bringing her characters and imagery to life so much so that we meld right into the background, feeling every bit integral to this story. I can't wait to see what this author has up her sleeve for her next story.
Rebecca Dru
I really enjoyed this debut novel by L.A. Sartor. On a beautiful sunny day at Santa Monica Beach...I sat down on my beach chair with my kindle and figured I'd read a chapter and then go boogie boarding. Forget that...I didn't want to put it down....and 2 hours later..including the chapter tease for the next book...I'm ready for more. I look forward to Sartor's next book.
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Cathie
Cathie rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
Theresa Rizzo
Theresa Rizzo rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Tim Ryan
Tim Ryan rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
L.A. Sartor
Sep 26, 2012 L.A. Sartor rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Lisa Potocar
Lisa Potocar marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Sanchit Bhandari
Sanchit Bhandari marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Rebecca Woodward
Rebecca Woodward marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Nancy Haddock
Nancy Haddock marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Anna Mist
Anna Mist marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Cheryl Hinkhouse
Cheryl Hinkhouse marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Laurie Schoenberg
Laurie Schoenberg marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2017