Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition (Thumb-Indexed and includes CD-ROM Dictionary and Thesaurus)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  3 reviews
THE MOST USEFUL AND AUTHORITATIVE DICTIONARY YOU CAN OWN—FOR YOUR DESK AND YOUR COMPUTERSelected by the Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and other leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice.

THE BEST DICTIONARY IN PRINT

Definitions That Set the Standard for Clarity

Up-to-Date Entries

Nearly 7,500 new entries reflecting changes in te...more
Published April 23rd 2004 by Webster's New World (first published August 8th 1977)

Richard
This is a damn good book, despite not having much of a plot, it's filled with every word, A to Z. What I really appreciated is that many of the words are obscure or little used in every day language, and the author(s) of this book took the time to supply the definition for each word they used. Awesome! A must read.
Alec
Jul 05, 2010 Alec rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
I swear by this book. I've read it cover to cover before, and I'm reading it again, going through with a highlighter to find my favorite words. This book should be a standard item to have. My paperback copy is well worn from countless use over the years.
J.M.
It's a dictionary, what else can I say?
Bindu
Bindu marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Andre
Andre added it
Jul 12, 2014
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Terrell Sanzone
Terrell Sanzone marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Itadaki
Itadaki marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Iman
Iman marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Gail
Gail added it
May 23, 2014
Wilsy
Wilsy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
May 19, 2014
Xam
Xam added it
May 18, 2014
Masood Ur
Masood Ur marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Abhijith Venkatesh
Abhijith Venkatesh marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Webster's New World College Dictionary Webster's New World Children's Dictionary, 2nd Edition Revised Webster's New American Dictionary Webster's New World Pocket Misspeller's Dictionary Webster's New Compact Desk Dictionary and Style Guide