Start by marking “Christmas in Venice” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Venice

Christmas in Venice

Olivia's Christmas trip to Venice, Italy should be a holiday dream come true. But when she’ s confronted by a handsome Italian cop about her unattended luggage, she worries she won't even make it out of the Marco Polo Airport…
Published December 4th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Venice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Venice

Death of a Salesman by Arthur MillerThe Crucible by Arthur MillerThe Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore CooperI Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Last Names Derived from Professions
329th out of 390 books — 23 voters
Othello by William ShakespeareThe Merchant of Venice by William ShakespeareDeath in Venice and Other Tales by Thomas MannIn the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah DunantVenetian Love Knots by Normandie Alleman
Books Set in Venice
162nd out of 222 books — 187 voters

More lists with this book...

28/9 - Not bad, not bad at all. Far too short, obviously, but that was my only complaint with this 'book'. This could be a great first chapter for a sweet, Christmas-themed romance book. Taylor should really make an effort to continue writing this, I would definitely be interested in reading more about Olivia and Alessandro. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the writing, not a single error that I could find. This might be the best edited book of such a short length that I've read.

Read more reviews at Reviewing Shelf.

I was sifting through my owned books to read during Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon when I came across this. But well, I didn’t realize it was that short! It finished even before it began. At 18 pages, it was too short to pack a punch.

It did make for an interesting prologue though but where’s the book? Lol. Amidst confusion and Christmas and some hilarity, the book hints at romance to follow but well, the book ends there.

There was no time/ pages to hint at the beginning
Jul 16, 2016 K rated it it was ok
Seemed like something one would read on Wattpad, when a user uploads a single chapter of their book and then forgets about it. Nevertheless, the story holds promise, and if the author ever decides to continue it, I'd love to try it out. :)
Freda Labianca
Oct 06, 2016 Freda Labianca rated it really liked it
So sweet!
I'm glad Alessandro gave Olivia his number at the end, geez, I was thinking they would walk away from each other with no look back. After the moment they had filled with all that chemistry, there was no denying they needed to get together. Well, that did not happen, but a number is a start.
I did get a laugh from this short story though. In was funny in ways I least expected. Which was good!
Can't wait to read, Midnight In Venice. This sounds like a perfect romance series for me and my ta
Oct 29, 2014 Ezgi rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, reviewed
It is a cheesy love story with bad character building. Girl is being arrested by this rude, unreasonable Italian police and all she can think about is his muscles and eyes? Really even when her luggage is opened and underwear all over the place? Also what is wrong with Marco? I can't think of any straight man who would greet his cousin while complimenting the man she is talking: - who is this sweet piece of ..., hmmmm hmm... No really?

It was a short and easy read so it got 2 stars.
Dec 10, 2012 Damaskcat rated it liked it
Olivia has travelled to Venice to take up a new job and spend Christmas with her cousin. Unfortunately she leaves her luggage unattended which causes a few problems but she does get to meet a very good looking cop who seems not to want to let go of her arm.

Sometimes a short story is just what you want to read and this story is ideal to relax with accompanied by a glass of wine and a mince pie. It is nicely written and I felt sympathy with Olivia.
Aileen Harkwood
Dec 31, 2012 Aileen Harkwood rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly short but self-contained story was over in a blink, but a very enjoyable read. Taylor is a visual writer with plenty of detail that makes it easy to see the action through her characters' eyes. Wish this story had kept on going!
Literary  Chanteuse
Dec 11, 2015 Literary Chanteuse rated it it was amazing
A quick but very cute read. I'd love to see what happens to this character in a continuing novel but for now I loved this short story and would love to read more from this author.
Dec 28, 2012 Shanna rated it it was amazing
What a great beginning to what could/will be a fabulous book. I'm a huge fan of Meadow Taylor's novels and look forward to reading more about Oliva and Alessandro's adventure.
Mary Mckeever
Dec 07, 2012 Mary Mckeever rated it it was ok
This was like the first two chapters of a book and someone wanted it submitted to see what people would think. Super disappointed and it left me thinking "where's the rest of the book?"
Dec 12, 2012 Kath rated it it was amazing
Interesting short story
Melissa Vasel
Dec 11, 2012 Melissa Vasel rated it liked it
Wish there was a little more to this books. But short and sweet!
Dec 29, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok
Olivia Moretti has just got off an airplane after a very long flight and is now being stopped by the Venice police for something she has no idea about! Unfortunately, the police want to talk to her about her luggage, that Olivia left in the care of an elderly woman while she made a phone call and now she is gone. Olivia was so looking forward to Christmas in Venice with her cousin Marco and starting her new job, but so far it wasn't turning out well. In fact, it just keeps getting better and bet ...more
Mary Aris
Dec 21, 2012 Mary Aris rated it liked it
When Olivia takes a Christmas trip to Venice, Italy, little does she expect to be stopped by security as a terror suspect. With the Italian President due to arrive shortly and a bomb scare, Inspector Alessandro Rossi orders the Marco Polo airport shut. When the bomb squad hears ticking noises coming from Olivia's suitcase, Rossi orders Olivia to open her suitcase, revealing a rather unusual item.

This is a very short story set in the background of Venice, Italy during the festive season. The au
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Auhtor: Meadow Taylor
Published: 04/12/2012
Recommended for: fans of short novellas
Edition: Kindle

I found this very short novella (18pages) on the Kindle Store for free and thought it would fill some free time. I thought that it was a good story that is quick to read and quite enjoyable, it is perfect if you need a quick book to read on a journey, but a nice story to read. You don't really get a sense of the authors technique and talent with it being such a short novella, I thought that it would h
Jan 06, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Christmas in Venice is a really short little story about Olivia and her adventures at the airport in Venice. She has come to spend Christmas with her cousin, but it is not that easy to get out of the airport and on to her fun. She does meet a good looking cop, and what happens was quite humorous. It was a nice, super short story but not really Christmasy like I was hoping. It is set at Christmastime, but doesn't have any of the Christmas magic
Dec 17, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok
The story is about MC Olivia who has flown to Venice for Christmas rather than spending the holidays at home alone, and she is due to start a new job in the city in the New Year, so she is getting a head start!

Leaving her bags with a sweet old lady while she goes in search of a payphone may seem like an innocent act but it lands her in trouble with the police and jeopardises her Italian trip.

This is a fun short story that can be enjoyed in less than an hour; it could maybe have been named a supe
Sandra Lopez
Dec 18, 2014 Sandra Lopez rated it liked it
After living in Italy for 3 months, I now know more than ever that I would definitely want to go back. And on the list of places to go: VENICE! And, after reading this story, I want to make it a goal to go during Christmas. The problem was that the reader never makes it beyond the airport.

First rule of thumb when traveling ANYWHERE: Never leave your luggage unattended. For Olivia, the trip didn’t start off so well with the polizia on your tail.

I liked the way it started, but I felt like there
Jun 10, 2013 Aijou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ไดเรืองนีมาฟรีจากอเมซอนคะ ไมรูวาตอนนียังฟรีมัยนะ

เปนเรืองสันทีอานแปบเดียวจบ (แปบเดียวจริงๆ ไมถึงชัวโมง)
ไมมีพลอตอะไรมาก (กเรืองสันนีนะ) เปนเรืองตลกๆ กับการพบกันในสนามบินคะ อานแลวฟีลกูดดีนะ
เปนแนวคลายกับของคุณเบลินดา โจนส นะคะ
คุณพระเอกฮอตใชไดเลย นางเอกกนาสนใจ
อานจบแลวอยากรูเรืองราวตอไปเลย ฮือออ สันไปนา~

ศัพททีใชกไมยาก แนะนำสำหรับคนอยากฝึกภาษา แตเหนเรืองยาวๆ แลวทอคะ
Atefeh Cheunyoung
May 11, 2013 Atefeh Cheunyoung rated it it was ok

I am going to make it short! the book wasn't bad! omg, i have to like write "not bad" again! XD rated another book, so back to this book! it would have been alittle more exciting if the author would have to write abit little more, when the girl and the police officer met after that incident! but otherwise it was ok, and a little bit funny! :P

well maybe it wasn't meant that the book should be long either! noot bad for a short novel, if that is what it is!! XD
Nov 06, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok
Very short story had funny bits to it it just ended so quick would like to know what happens to the girl once she settles in Venice and if she hooks up with the Italian from the airport. Makes you want to read more but searched for next one and there only midnight in Venice I shall have a read and see if answers anything
Dec 14, 2014 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
Yes, I know this was a short story. But there were so many holes, even ones that shouldn't be there in a short story. There are so many ways this could have been expanded into a full length book, provided the issues could be resolved. It really could have been an interesting beginning to a book, with the right editor.
Mary Havlovic
Mar 10, 2013 Mary Havlovic rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Story is about Olivia Moretti who moves to Venice to start a new life. She lands at the airport and is stopped by an Italian police officer named Alessandro Rossi under the suspicions of having a mysterious suitcase which is making a vibrating noise...possibly a bomb??? This is a very quick, short romance. I wish it was longer and the story line expanded more.
Dec 12, 2014 Elaine rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday-reading
A short story of a Canadian woman who arrives at the Venice airport to spend Christmas with her Italian cousin. At the airport a security police officer while checking her bag is worried when he hears that it is "ticking"!
A cute tale of an actually believable airport incident , during this time of super airport controls!
A touch of a pending romance is a nice addition to the story.
Jan 29, 2013 Tasha rated it liked it
When i read the description on this book i made the assumption that the police officer who first came up to her that it would become a romantic thing between them. well boy did i feel stupid when it wasnt such a way.... OOOPS
Trayc Tooley-foskett
Nov 21, 2013 Trayc Tooley-foskett rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas-2013
when it said short story I didn't expect it to be SO short! what was there drew me in, but it left me high and dry in the end. There was no Christmas in Venice. It should have been called "Ten minutes in Venice at Christmastime."
Dec 29, 2014 Krisha rated it it was ok
Was a little too short of a story for me. Just as I felt the story starting up it ended. Definitely would love to know if there is a longer book instead of just this short story that didn't really end.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Here yet is another mini (quickie) that could do much better as a real novella instead. Olivia has her first trip to Italy and it is not what she dreamed of. Before she arrives on ground good she is singled out for an act unthinkable in an airport.
Oct 05, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The short quick story about a girl who decides to start over after losing her father. Needless to say her new beginning starts off in a humorous way. Will look for more from this author only complaint is I wish it was longer.
♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆
The story was fine. I thought it was kinda awkward that the main character kind of went head-over-heels for a policeman she just met. It has some swearing in this book in case anybody out there is sensitive to it. Otherwise, this short story is fine.
  • Without You- A Christmas Short Story
  • Two Turtle Island Doves (Turtle Island, #2.5)
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • Christmas Unplugged
  • A Heart Is A Home: Christmas in Texas (Sensual Contemporary Romance Novella) (Texas Lovers Series Book 2)
  • Snowed Under: A Christmas Short Story
  • Kissing Santa
  • Silver Bells
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • A Family Forever
  • The Christmas Ball
  • Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts
  • Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas #3, Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2)
  • Winter Warmers
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
Meadow Taylor is the author of Midnight in Venice, The Billionaire's Secrets, Falling for Rain, and the short stories Christmas in Venice and Christmas in Bruges. She loves to hear from her readers - please email her at and join her Facebook page at
More about Meadow Taylor...