Start by marking “Christmas in Venice: A Short Story” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Venice: A Short Story

Christmas in Venice: A Short Story

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  85 reviews
Olivia's Christmas trip to Venice, Italy should be a holiday dream come true. But when she’ s confronted by a handsome Italian cop about her unattended luggage, she worries she won't even make it out of the Marco Polo Airport…
Published December 4th 2012 by HarperCollins Canada

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Venice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Venice

The Crucible by Arthur MillerDeath of a Salesman by Arthur MillerThe Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore CooperI Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Last Names Derived from Professions
258th out of 320 books — 19 voters
Othello by William ShakespeareThe Merchant of Venice by William ShakespeareVenetian Love Knots by Normandie AllemanDeath in Venice and Other Tales by Thomas MannIn the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant
Books Set in Venice
139th out of 198 books — 133 voters

More lists with this book...

Ezgi
It is a cheesy love story with bad character building. Girl is being arrested by this rude, unreasonable Italian police and all she can think about is his muscles and eyes? Really even when her luggage is opened and underwear all over the place? Also what is wrong with Marco? I can't think of any straight man who would greet his cousin while complimenting the man she is talking: - who is this sweet piece of ..., hmmmm hmm... No really?

It was a short and easy read so it got 2 stars.
Damaskcat
Olivia has travelled to Venice to take up a new job and spend Christmas with her cousin. Unfortunately she leaves her luggage unattended which causes a few problems but she does get to meet a very good looking cop who seems not to want to let go of her arm.

Sometimes a short story is just what you want to read and this story is ideal to relax with accompanied by a glass of wine and a mince pie. It is nicely written and I felt sympathy with Olivia.
Aileen Harkwood
Surprisingly short but self-contained story was over in a blink, but a very enjoyable read. Taylor is a visual writer with plenty of detail that makes it easy to see the action through her characters' eyes. Wish this story had kept on going!
Literary  Chanteuse
A quick but very cute read. I'd love to see what happens to this character in a continuing novel but for now I loved this short story and would love to read more from this author.
Mary Mckeever
This was like the first two chapters of a book and someone wanted it submitted to see what people would think. Super disappointed and it left me thinking "where's the rest of the book?"
Shanna
What a great beginning to what could/will be a fabulous book. I'm a huge fan of Meadow Taylor's novels and look forward to reading more about Oliva and Alessandro's adventure.
Sandra Lopez
After living in Italy for 3 months, I now know more than ever that I would definitely want to go back. And on the list of places to go: VENICE! And, after reading this story, I want to make it a goal to go during Christmas. The problem was that the reader never makes it beyond the airport.

First rule of thumb when traveling ANYWHERE: Never leave your luggage unattended. For Olivia, the trip didn’t start off so well with the polizia on your tail.

I liked the way it started, but I felt like there
Melissa Vasel
Wish there was a little more to this books. But short and sweet!
Kath
Interesting short story
Susan
Olivia Moretti has just got off an airplane after a very long flight and is now being stopped by the Venice police for something she has no idea about! Unfortunately, the police want to talk to her about her luggage, that Olivia left in the care of an elderly woman while she made a phone call and now she is gone. Olivia was so looking forward to Christmas in Venice with her cousin Marco and starting her new job, but so far it wasn't turning out well. In fact, it just keeps getting better and bet ...more
Elaine
A short story of a Canadian woman who arrives at the Venice airport to spend Christmas with her Italian cousin. At the airport a security police officer while checking her bag is worried when he hears that it is "ticking"!
A cute tale of an actually believable airport incident , during this time of super airport controls!
A touch of a pending romance is a nice addition to the story.
Amanda
Yes, I know this was a short story. But there were so many holes, even ones that shouldn't be there in a short story. There are so many ways this could have been expanded into a full length book, provided the issues could be resolved. It really could have been an interesting beginning to a book, with the right editor.
Heather
Very short story had funny bits to it it just ended so quick would like to know what happens to the girl once she settles in Venice and if she hooks up with the Italian from the airport. Makes you want to read more but searched for next one and there only midnight in Venice I shall have a read and see if answers anything
Mary Aris
When Olivia takes a Christmas trip to Venice, Italy, little does she expect to be stopped by security as a terror suspect. With the Italian President due to arrive shortly and a bomb scare, Inspector Alessandro Rossi orders the Marco Polo airport shut. When the bomb squad hears ticking noises coming from Olivia's suitcase, Rossi orders Olivia to open her suitcase, revealing a rather unusual item.

This is a very short story set in the background of Venice, Italy during the festive season. The au
Samanthya Wyatt
Hilarious short read

Just when I was really getting into the story it ended. I would like to see the completed story with a romance with the policeman she met at th he airport.
Erin
The story is about MC Olivia who has flown to Venice for Christmas rather than spending the holidays at home alone, and she is due to start a new job in the city in the New Year, so she is getting a head start!

Leaving her bags with a sweet old lady while she goes in search of a payphone may seem like an innocent act but it lands her in trouble with the police and jeopardises her Italian trip.

This is a fun short story that can be enjoyed in less than an hour; it could maybe have been named a supe
Jacquelyn  Flowers
Funny and sad

It was a little funny and sad. However it had a great meaning. It held my interest and had a lovely ending.
Sarah Went
A nice little tale which I thoroughly enjoyed. I may take a look at other books written by Meadow Taylor after reading this.
Cryssy
Way to short. No character development. Just really wasn't worth my time and I have never said that before
Amber Whitlock
Super short story about a woman who is accused of having a bomb in her suitcase. It takes place in Italy at Christmas. Lighthearted read that will take less than 15 minutes to complete.
Sky
Funny read, just wish it were longer. Would love to see if there's going to be a potential run in with the police officer and the MC again.
Lauren
The short quick story about a girl who decides to start over after losing her father. Needless to say her new beginning starts off in a humorous way. Will look for more from this author only complaint is I wish it was longer.
Jessica Adkins-Charles {Bottles & Books Reviews}
Cute short story. Full review coming soon!
Betty
Short sweet little read about a girl who leaves her baggage unattended at the airport and causes a bomb scare. Fun one-hour read.
Atefeh Cheunyoung
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I am going to make it short! the book wasn't bad! omg, i have to like write "not bad" again! XD rated another book, so back to this book! it would have been alittle more exciting if the author would have to write abit little more, when the girl and the police officer met after that incident! but otherwise it was ok, and a little bit funny! :P

well maybe it wasn't meant that the book should be long either! noot bad for a short novel, if that is what it is!! XD
Jeni
review to follow
Phildaughta
Very nice

This was my first time reading a book by Meadow Taylor and it was surprisingly very nice, especially for a short story.
Aijou
ได้เรื่องนี้มาฟรีจากอเมซอนค่ะ ไม่รู้ว่าตอนนี้ยังฟรีมั้ยนะ

เป็นเรื่องสั้นที่อ่านแป๊บเดียวจบ (แป๊บเดียวจริงๆ ไม่ถึงชั่วโมง)
ไม่มีพล็อตอะไรมาก (ก็เรื่องสั้นนี่นะ) เป็นเรื่องตลกๆ กับการพบกันในสนามบินค่ะ อ่านแล้วฟีลกู๊ดดีนะ
เป็นแนวคล้ายกับของคุณเบลินดา โจนส์ น่ะค่ะ
คุณพระเอกฮอตใช้ได้เลย นางเอกก็น่าสนใจ
อ่านจบแล้วอยากรู้เรื่องราวต่อไปเลย ฮือออ สั้นไปน๊า~

ศัพท์ที่ใช้ก็ไม่ยาก แนะนำสำหรับคนอยากฝึกภาษา แต่เห็นเรื่องยาวๆ แล้วท้อค่ะ
Heather
Had potential to become interesting. Gotta love an Italian man, some confusion and laughs, and a wounded heart. Not nearly enough here to predict if it would be a good story.
  • Christmas at Pebble Creek (The Pebble Creek Amish)
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas, #3)
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts
  • Silver Bells
  • Miss Merriweather's Marriage (The Secret Lives of Will Tucker 0.5)
  • The Christmas Mail Order Bride (Holiday Mail Order Brides, #1)
  • The Christmas Ball
  • A White Hot Christmas
  • Winter Warmers
  • Wild Lover
  • A Family Forever
  • Perfect (Love Series, #1)
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
  • All Is Bright: A Short Story
  • The Christmas Bake-Off
  • Kissing Santa
Meadow Taylor is the author of Midnight in Venice, The Billionaire's Secrets, Falling for Rain, and the short stories Christmas in Venice and Christmas in Bruges. She loves to hear from her readers - please email her at meadowtaylor1@gmail.com and join her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/meadowtaylor....
More about Meadow Taylor...
The Billionaire's Secrets Falling for Rain Christmas in Bruges: A Short Story Midnight in Venice Meadow Taylor Sampler