Rise of the Gryphon (Belador, #4)

Rise of the Gryphon (Belador #4)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  817 ratings  ·  102 reviews
In the fourth novel of the bestselling Belador paranormal series, Evalle Kincaid must turn her back on the Beladors to protect those she loves, and the world, from annihilation.

To prevent a genocide, Evalle is forced to embrace her destiny…but at what cost?

As an Alterant who fights everything from trolls to demons, Evalle has lived as an outcast among the Beladors, but ca...more
Published July 30th 2013 by Pocket Books (first published July 1st 2013)

Barb Lie
Rise of the Gryphon by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love is the 4th book in their Belador series. If you have followed my reviews, you will know I love this series. I love Evalle, who is one of my favorite kickass heroines.

Throughout this series, we have suffered with Evalle, as the Goddess Macha continues to push her to the brink, not to mention Sen, who is always looking to destroy her. Evalle has always been loyal to the Beladors; constantly putting her life on the line, and yet she is not fu...more
Paranormal Haven

The clock is ticking for Evalle to bring in the Alterants or face the wrath of a goddess. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done. Stumbling upon a paranormal fight club, Evalle will have to become the very thing that's made her an outcast in order to come out alive and stop an attack by the Medb that could destroy the Beladors.

Evalle has a big, beautiful heart despite having a traumatic childhood and feeling like an outcast among the Beladors, a warrior organization she risks her l...more
Amelia
If the first three books in the Belador series were thought to be fascinating, then get ready to be totally blown away by the latest installment. RISE OF THE GRYPHON adds new dangerous troubles for Evalle to face, and each one could impact the lives of someone whom she wants to keep safe. As the dilemmas in her life become more perilous, her emotions go on a roller-coaster ride of highs and lows. With the burden of countless lives counting on her, Evalle has to make several of the most difficult...more
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Belador urban fantasy series revolving around Evalle.

My Take
This was a weird combination of exciting and huh, what? If Macha and Sen could get their heads out, well, I guess there would be less of a story, but they'd be better people and half the problems in this story could probably be solved.

I can't believe how much Evalle fights against Storm and what he knows. It feels more as if it's done for the tension/drama of it, and it just pisses me off. In her law enforcement lifestyle,...more
Elayne
I thought this book might be the last in this series...but its not! I've had mixed emotions about these books but on the whole I've enjoyed them, not unexpected considering these are written by two great authors. Once again Evalle's life is in turmoil, even a goddess is playing against her. She can't seem to do right for doing wrong these days, she's having to keep secrets from her fellow Beladors and her close friends. Storm is determined to help her and Evalle is determined to keep him safe. T...more
Brittney
I received this book via the first reads giveaway.

Rise of the Gryphon is the 4 installment in the Belador series by Dianna Love and Sherrilyn Kenyon, and I personally think it is the best one so far. In this story the main focus is centered around Evalle with a couple of chapters of different POVs, which is nice because we get to stick with Evalle throughout the story which can give one the feeling that they are facing the dangers right alongside her; instead of jumping from person to p...more
Ann Gimpel
This is the first Sherrilyn Kenyon book I've read, but it certainly won't be the last. I actually thought I was buying the first book in the Belador Series. Despite having begun with #4, I had no trouble tracking the characters or following the plot. I truly appreciate series books that can work as standalones, too.

The writing is crisp and the story well-plotted. Storm is a great slpha hero and Evalle is a kickass heroine. The subsidiary characters are three-dimensional, for the most part.

I only...more
Philisha Stephens
Frustratingly excellent story. I've really loved the series with Eval and glad that she and Storm finally get together. However, it's frustrating that it ends on such a traumatic note. I rated the story a 5 because it held my attention the whole time, I read every word, and the quality of writing is excellent. The twist and turns were great and it was full of surprises. The ending left me unfulfilled and frustrated. Why can't Eval have something that ends happily? This is the 4th book in the ser...more
Jill Bradley
OMG what a GREAT series. I heart Evalle. I'm so glad I didn't give up after the first terrible book! the writing is about 40068390294 times better.

WOOP
Michelle Randall
Rise of the Gryphon is the forth book in the Belador series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love. If you read no other series but one this year, make it this series, please! It is amazing, truly.

Things are moving along! I mean it almost feels like we might be getting close to finding some real answers, and we do find some in this book, but they only serve to actually raise more questions!

Evalle and Storm are still searching to get Tristian and the other Alterants to come to Macha, and the Maedb a...more
Manuela
It started slow but it picked up quickly and was great in the second half. Only let down it's an effin cliffhanger .
Randy Daugherty
Rise of the Gryphon by Sherrilyn Kenyon is the fourth in the Belador series. Evalle is still under the threat of death searching for Tristan who holds the secret of the Alterants past and the key to their future as a race.
Storm the Native shapeshifter with more powers than anyone seems to understand follows and aids Evalle in her search and comes across a with , one who is in league with the witchdoctor who holds Storms soul captive and now it seems who also has plans for Evalle.
The Melb still t...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This is such a good book; an awesome urban fantasy. It’s complex and action packed; it’s got great world building, well developed characters, and a fast moving plot. I did not want to put it down. Now that it’s over, I can’t wait until the next book is out, so I can get back on the ride. For those of you unfamiliar with the series, it’s nothing like what you’re used to from Sherrilyn Kenyon. It’s not a romance (though there is a romance in the story.) It’s 100% UF. And this book, by the way, is...more
Robin Priddy
Sep 27, 2013 Robin Priddy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Robin by: nightowl romance
This is the fourth installment of Ms Kenyon and Ms Love's Belandor series. I love anything from these authors and when the two of them get together you have on heck of a story. This book will answer a lot of questions that the first three books brought up. We finally find out the answer to what the Alterants are and where they came from. And what the evil Mebd want with them. This was a wonderful action filled book from start to finish. I can't wait for the next installment of this series.

Evalle...more
Carey Sabala
Rise of the Gryphon is the newest installment in the Belador series by Diana Love and Sherrilyn Kenyon. In this book we find our heroine Evalle in a battle of wills with the Belador's, fighting for her life (literally and figuratively) and finding romance. Pretty much the blurb above sums up most of the action, so I won't rehash that bit but I will say, as for the romance, ......freakin' finally!!! I've been waiting since book one for some romance to happen!!! I didn't care whom the HEA was for...more
Shelli
Shauni
If you have not read the previous Belador novels by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love, I seriously recommend that you do so. This is not a stand alone book and honestly you need to be up to date. I have (yep have to.. ) read the previous books every time a new book is released.. so I am up to date. Going into this book thinking to read it first. Not a good idea. Especially this one.

Rise of the Gryphon is the fourth book in the Belador Series and it is what I would almost call a transition book....more
Bryonna Nobles
First, let's take a moment to admire this cover. How bad ass does Evalle look in this? They say "Don't judge a book by its cover" but this one, I feel, really sets the mood for the book.

You got the mystic purple background which tells you there's some major magical stuff happening within these pages. The great bat winged horse sword that I just salivate over, and then I love the play on the eyes. You have the super hot Evalle and her glowing green eyes and in the sword's blade, you have reflecte...more
Stacy
I'm sad to say that I feel this is the weakest of the Belador novels. That's not to say it's bad, but the "twist" (for lack of a better term) is frankly just odd to me, and the "rules" that go along with it are patently ludicrous. Not to mention all the ties that keep Evalle twisted and turned into paradoxical knots that are completely impossible to work out of without some divine intervention (and I say that tongue-in-cheek, since a goddess is a third of her problem). I get that supposedly ever...more
Alasandra Alawine
Evalle finally learns the truth about Alterants, but the price is being captured by the Medb. Evalle finds help from an unexpected source inside the Medb Coven, but their plan to protect Tzader and Quinn goes astray when Kizira dies in Quinn's arms. Kizira also reveals a long held secret to Quinn before she dies.

When Brina's bodyguard (Horace) is revealed as the traitor Lanna attempts to teleport Brina and herself to safety.

Storm is on the trail of the witch doctor who bound Evalle to her with...more
Gina M Jordan
I don't recommend reading these out of order as I'm somehow doing. However this book can be read as a stand alone story if you don't mind missing some character back story. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series ASAP to find out how they all got to this point. As for this book, I highly recommend it!
Donna
Throughout the first three books of this series Alterant Evalle has proven herself time and again to the Beladors, the Tribunal and to Macha. In this installment Evalle’s honor and loyalties will be stretched to the point she may just break. While trying to honor her agreement to Macha to get Alterants recognized Evalle is put in a position at odds with the Beladors. What is a girl to do but keep on keeping on and try to do her best and what is right.
The back cover of this book promised answers...more
Candy Beardsley
I Love, Love, LOVE this series by Sherrilyn Kenyon & Dianna Love! Last night I was buzzing right along as the story got more and more exciting.......and.....GASP.....what??? Continued in the next book??? Not OUT YET??? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Please hurry!!
Yara
OMGGGGGG!!! This book was absolutely amazing! I have to admit it was super stressful with so much action going on, I had to double up on my prilosec! But it wouldn't be an Evalle book without it, and it didn't dispoint. She's a kickass as ever, without losing her loyal sweetness she has about her. We find out what exactly the Medb have planned conerning the alternats and Evalle, plus we get to see more of my fave man, Storm :) What a heart throb! We also get to see a side of Kizira that made me...more
Sherily Toledo
Great story. Lots of action. Great characters. Another must read series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianne Love. Can't wait for the next one.
Teresa
This book took me twice as long to read as the other three. I found it had too many sub stories and I got bored with how slow the main story was progressing. Of course when the fifth books comes out I will read, hoping it isn't as slow.
Jenny Delandro
130106 TBR 612 in the words of Freddy Mercury... I want it all, I want it now!!!
I read it in one day
and I want the next one NOW!!!

We learn a lot in this novel.... but there are still questions...
(view spoiler)
Reading it...more
Savannah
wonderful cliff hanger with a deffinite surprise ending
James Witherspoon
At last we have reach the end. After 400 plus pages of nerve ending excitement I am sad it is all over. Plot, great. Action, holy damn. Also the main character FINALLY slept. Thank you load and savior. Overall, I ejoyed the time spent with this novel. I shall miss it.
Toni Graham
The best book yet. can't wait to get #5
Kenyons Minions: Belador: Rise of the Gryphon BOTM 12 76 Jun 09, 2014 08:35AM
  • Darkness Within (Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves #4)
  • Rise of the Dunamy
  • Midnight's Captive (Dark Warriors, #6)
  • Darkness Avenged (Guardians of Eternity, #10)
  • Possession (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • Vampires Gone Wild (Vamp City, #1.5; Love at Stake, #13.5; Diaries of an Urban Panther, #3.5)
  • Night's End (Indigo Court, #5)
  • Black and Blue (Otherworld Assassin, #2)
  • Wrath (The Niteclif Evolutions, #2)
  • Dark Lycan (Dark, #24)
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Harmony, #10)
  • Secrets
  • Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others, #8)
  • Courted by the Vampire (Eight Realms, #1)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and...more
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)