Start by marking “Nephilim Prophecy (The God Code 1)” as Want to Read:
Nephilim Prophecy (The God Code 1)

Nephilim Prophecy (The God Code #1)

Genre:Fantasy & Paranormal
Indigo Black is Palet: a human cursed with the ability to see the Demonic, trained to hunt and kill them. Since the peace Covenant was implemented by the Church, Palet have not been allowed to seek out the Demonic. And the one time Indigo challenged the Covenant nearly cost him the life of his lover and guardian angel, Ariel. Indigo was forced
Published November 27th 2012 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about Nephilim Prophecy, please sign up.

Kael Adrienne definitely hasn't abandoned The God Code series and has in fact recently confirmed that she is busy working on the second book. She hasn't…moreAdrienne definitely hasn't abandoned The God Code series and has in fact recently confirmed that she is busy working on the second book. She hasn't mentioned any potential release dates yet, but I'm sure she'll let us all know once she has a better idea. More IS coming though!!(less)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Awesome Kindle freebie, 5/8/15!
Apr 22, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bmbr-reads, 2015
I love the world Adrienne Wilder created here - demons, palets (demon hunters for the uninitiated), nephilim, an unsteady truce between heaven and's fantastic.

Indigo is a Palet. He has the ability to see demons and the training to hunt - and kill - them. He is one of the last in a dying breed. Things are done differently these days, a covenant set up between heaven and hell - or at least, the church and demons - means that it is no okay to just go and kill demons any more, even if they
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★

And Ariel is PERFECT!

I love this book......But.....did I just get dropped into the middle of a story?

None the less, I love this book.

This book and my feels.....well, gosh, I simply loved this book, it has my favorite MC, who is pure sweetness, and he happens to be an angel, and he was writen well. And.....

Aww, A Captured Angel (view spoiler)
Feb 01, 2014 Bev rated it it was amazing

Crikey, I enjoyed this one!! The Darkness and the Light…Chaos and Serenity, Angels, Demons, Nephilim, Palets, the Church in all its various guises including traitors….5 stars  photo goldenstars1_zps04c380be.jpg from me!!

In the world where this story is set, Chaos and Serenity have been battling it out for dominance for millennia, and now the Church has intervened and brokered a deal, the Covenant, between the warring factions…the trouble is, only one side is sticking to the deal.

The Palet, humans who are able to sense the Demoni
Jun 26, 2015 HJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, pnr
I really had a difficult time rating this one. I 'want' to give it 4 stars as I am a huge fan of Adrienne Wilder, but this one just didn't grab me like many of her other works have. Plus, I noticed a lot of unexpected editing errors (mostly lack of commas, rampantly so). I'll still continue on with the series as it gets released, but I'm going to say it was really only worthy of a 3 star rating from me this time. :(
I never thought I'd say that a fantasy/erotic read would have too much sex, but this one does.

The sex scenes were all quite similar and really just ended up making me feel like putting the book down. I almost, almost started to skim the sex scenes.

Indigo Black (yeah I also wasn't a fan of his name) is a broken and angry man. Shackled by the church, he writhes about in the human realm and pretty much pisses everyone around him off. Happily, he's not the stock standard 25yrs old. He's in his 40s,
Bree Cheese
Jan 17, 2014 Bree Cheese rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Angels and Angst
The angst-o-meter was set to extra high for this one. A very tortured and angst-ridden Angel romance with a to-be-continued ending (not quite at cliffhanger level, but enough to be sad that the next book not out yet). Generally stories involving Angels, Demons and Religion are not my thing, but Ms. Adrienne Wilder is most definitely my thing! She really can write anything and make the story so incredibly unique.
Jun 29, 2014 Jacq rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read! Very interesting just hard to follow at times, not enough to annoy you but shift a gear... Nice plot. Lots of good chemistry. Very cute to be continued ending. I could not put this book down!
May 02, 2016 Harshini rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg awesome, great characters, fights with just enough mystical otherness thrown in, and the bit near the end, i cried
Aimee ~is busy sleeping~
5/10/15: Re-read! Still enjoyed it every bit the same! I wished she kept the older cover, though. Pleeease let the sequel come out soon....!

Original review: This was pretty good. The typos annoyed me a bit, but I think it's cuz all her books are self-published. At times, I was totally picturing this as a movie playing in my head. x)

This is very plot-driven, focusing on three well-drawn enough characters, Indigo, Ariel, and Neko. Though I gravitated towards Ariel and Neko mostly, since it's so e
Joyfully Jay
Apr 23, 2015 Joyfully Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

To call The God Code: Nephilim Prophecy ambitious would be an understatement. The novel tackles Heaven, Hell, angels, demons, and the nature of free will. The end result is a well-written and occasionally chaotic narrative. Upon starting The God Code, I felt as though I was dropped into the middle of a novel already in progress. The author clearly expected me to hit the ground running, and though everything is eventually explained, it took some work to keep up wi
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

I'm not going to rehash the synopsis because it's right there for all to view.

I will start off by saying, I have a fetish for Angel/Demon stories, and have read a lot over the last few years. This is my first MM Romance Angel/Demon story and it was everything I could have hoped for.

I loved the world building. The descriptions of the different characters, AMAZING! The horror element *Shivers* --perfect. The character development was good, w
Wow. Just freaking WOW. Fantastic read! The characters are engrossing, the plot complex, compelling and thrilling. OMG I love this author!!!!!!
The God Code has an interesting take on the world of angels and demons. Indigo is a human that has the ability to see demons and fight against them. Ariel is his guardian angel and the two have worked together for years in the war between good and evil. Neko is a young man who is a nephilim with a soul and both the angels and the demons want to make him their own. He is unaware of his what he is as both sides fight to take control of him and Indigo tries to protect him.

This story was unique and
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads, read-2013
I really was unsure of this book. It looked a bit complex and at times it is. The writing was excellent. The descriptions used were detailed without being overwhelming. I thought the world building was very interesting considering the immense complexity of the world being created. The characters were each unique. They grab your attention and hold it. They aren’t pure characters. They show their individual good and bad sides. In overall I would say the overall feel to the story is more on the dar ...more
What the author surely manages to do with this short novel, the first instalment in a yet to be published series, is to rely heavily on Judeo-Christian imagery without any religious overtone. This is not necessarily a good thing in itself but it is certainly a feat and it spares the reader unwanted and unnecessary musings about the essence of faith, religion and belief.
What she does not manage to do, unfortunately, is to keep narrative tension constantly high.
The plot is well thought of; charac
May 24, 2015 Manuela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, good story, of cause, it is a freakin' series. Now I have to get the next book to continue reading...
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This is one of those books that while I enjoyed so much of it the words to explain why seem so far out of reach. The first thing that I must point out is that there really isn’t a perfect genre box to stick Nephilim Prophecy into. Wilder has combined fantasy, paranormal, and touch of romance in this fascinating read.

There was a point in Indigo Black’s life when he knew exactly who he was working for and what he was protecting. Since he came into the Church as one of the Palets many things have
May 10, 2015 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another excellent book that was released in 2012, re-edited this year and just re-relaesed again.

It's an awesome UF full of angels and demons without any heavy religious stuff, so if you like this genre. I high recommend it.

I have been searching for M/M paranormal-UF-Fantasy-SYFY of late and have been digging around and to my utmost please have kept finding really great books.
This was pretty good. Although, I did start skimming through the sex scenes... I just wanted to get on with the story and find out how things turned out. I think the story could stand on its own without so much sex in it. I wonder if there's a rule for certain publishers that say you need so much of your story to be erotic? It would be interesting to find out.
Sep 01, 2014 Gabby rated it it was amazing
This book. I don't really even know where to start. Wow. I mean, holy shit. My mind? It's blown. If Goodreads gave the option of an infinitum amount of stars, holy hell, this would get them all. Everything that I've ever loved in a book, and I mean every single thing, be it in the M/M genre or not, was in this story. Angst? Check. Angels and immortals? Check. A beautiful love story that doesn't happen overnight? Check. Characters I could, and did, get emotionally attached to? Check. I loved this ...more
May 10, 2015 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This booked pulled me in almost immediately and never let go! I love the way the author explained this reality without ever force-feeding the reader a huge chunk of backstory. It all progressed very naturally. The angst was definitely high here, between all the main characters. I expected to have trouble connecting to Indigo after first meeting him, but it was so easy to empathize with him and understand why he did what he did. And poor Neko just couldn't catch a break! I'm looking forward to th ...more
May 08, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The God Code is an exciting, dystopian story based on Christian mythology. Much of the story is rather bleak (although there are some quite bright moments) and characters are various shades of grey. I think this quote from Indigo describes it well: "There are no good guys, Neko. Just mortals and immortals. Chaos and Serenity."

All of the characters are interesting and well drawn. My favs are Ariel and Luci. There are several great smexy scenes. There is also a lot of violence, which is necessary
Denise White
Mar 22, 2015 Denise White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was a interesting read for the beginning I was lost I didn't know what the book was really about...but I kept reading..the when I got the just about the plot I was like I hate books like was the subject matter...I really don't care for stories about heaven and hell...but Ms Wilder is such a good story teller I couldn't stop reading!!! I was engrossed with these characters and I was just sucked I can't wait for the next book!!! Magnificent job Ms Wilder!
Angela Goodrich
I am a dork. There, I said it. I tell friends regularly that I don’t read books that contain a religious theme and that’s not actually true. I prefer not to sign up for them to review because I’ve been burned by authors who turn the religious theme into an opportunity to preach to the reader. THIS is what I don’t like and why I tend not to opt in on reviews for religious-themed books – because once I agree to review a book, I try my hardest to finish it and I prefer the option to discontinue a b ...more
Mar 13, 2015 Star rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This one started slow because of the information dump. You have to get through all the different characters to finally get to the story. Since this is a series then it will make the rest easier. I love the characters in this story. Neko is innocent but listens to what he is told. Ariel is the man, a fallen angel who will do anything for Indigo. As the story progresses I couldn't read fast enough. It was a good read and I look forward to the rest.
Nov 24, 2014 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I think the plot has already been satisfactorily summarized. After reading a second 5-star book (SEVEN) from Adrienne Wilder, I had to go back and write a short review about this talented author's work. What follows is a short snippet from a private message I sent to the author:

"I stayed up until nearly 2am finishing the Nephilim Prophesy on Halloween night. Holy wow! Well crafted and well edited. Beautiful, heart wrenching, exciting, heartwarming, unique. As a recovering catholic..., I nearly p
Charlinda Jenkins
Feb 23, 2014 Charlinda Jenkins rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. But man I have to wait until 2015 for the sequel. That's too far away.
Feb 05, 2016 Olga marked it as dropped-huh
I hate books with to many different characters to concentrate at... its hard for me to build up sympathy for them at the same time. I might read it another time... Cause I love the author.
Dec 27, 2015 Shelley rated it really liked it
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • Brown-Eyed Devil (Brown-Eyed Devil #1)
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins #1)
  • Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)
  • Fearless Leader (Juxtapose City #1)
  • The Sea
  • Fidelity
  • Hunter of Demons (Spectr, #1)
  • Over The Rainbow (Watchtower, #1)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Buried Bones (Bones #2)
  • Close Quarter (Close Quarter, #1)
  • Release (Davlova, #1)
  • Cold Front (Pindone Files #1-3)
  • Inheritance (Dominion #1)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • The Fairy Gift
  • Catch Me When I Fall
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn't until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.

I have experimented in se
More about Adrienne Wilder...

“It wouldn’t have been Heaven without Ariel.” 0 likes
“I’m not very good at—” “Indigo.” Ariel kissed him. “You do say it, every time we’re together, every time you make love to me. You say it with your body, with your touch, with your kiss. I don’t need your words. I just need for you to hold me.” So he did.” 0 likes