Start by marking “Talon/Xavier (Bayou Heat, #5-6)” as Want to Read:
Talon/Xavier (Bayou Heat, #5-6)

Talon/Xavier (Bayou Heat #5-6)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,383 ratings  ·  114 reviews
New Year. New Species. Welcome to the Wildlands.

TALON
After the tragic death of his parents when Talon was young, he’s dedicated his life to protecting the Pantera. To the strikingly gorgeous man, loyalty and honor mean everything. So it’s no surprise that he’s determined to treat Isi Rousseau as the enemy. If the elders believe she is a danger then he will do whatever nec
Nook, 212 pages
Published July 8th 2013 by Laura Wright (first published July 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Talon/Xavier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talon/Xavier

Michelle
As with the previous installments in this series, my only complaint is the length. I want longer stories. I would honestly read full-length novels with this series and be so happy.

I highly recommend this series on a whole- the authors have very cohesive writing styles. They work so well together. I don't think a lot of authors could pull off a series with another another writing part of it; but these two are doing fantastic at it. The world is seamless between the authors. I appreciate that.

Cou
Dee
3.5 Stars but closer to 4 hence star rating.....

Still think each story is a bit too short, the romance between the couples are a bit thin and the declaration of love is coming way too fast but am enjoying the on-going story so willing to plod on.
Sandy
Talon/Xavier are the 5th and 6th storylines in the Bayou Heat series by Ivy and Wright. Focusing on the search for the betrayer to the Pantera species, this particular installment moves the storyline closer to the identity of the person(s) responsible for the illness sweeping through the Bayou and the threat to Raphael’s pregnant mate. With no new births in over two decades, the Pantera population is praying for a miracle to save Raphael and Ashe’s baby.

With the search focusing on a tattoo parlo
Amanda
Talon
What can I say about Talon??? First I LOVE his character, he took me to my happy place...lol. I was glad that Talon stood up for Isi, in the end his love came first.
The Elders are pissing me off in this series though, something fishy going on with them....AND Chayton alive??? I had a feeling he might be but never thought I might be right.
Alexandria Ivy really hit it out of the ball park with this one, I loved her others in this series too but from her side of writing Talon is BY FAR my fav
Djg
#5 Talon & Isi
The ongoing mystery unfolds further. We find out that Isi & Ashe are twins and their father was a Shayman. We also find out that the Pantera's enemies are trying to find him.

Just having Isi in the Wildlands helps Ashe control the strange illness afflicting her pregnancy. Problem is, being in the Wildlands makes Isi physically sick/nauseous. The only thing that settles her is Talon. He is at first distrustful of her but he quickly is attracted.

The couple are both likable but
Dotti Elrick
This is two very short stories. The continuing story of the Pantera, puma shifters living in the Bayou of Louisiana. This is one series that must be read in order. The individual stories are more like long chapters of a longer book.

With their magic lands dyeing, and mated couples no longer able to conceive, the Pantera are desperate for answers. When the leader of their "suits" (diplomats) Raphael, unknowingly gets a local human woman, Ashe, pregnant, this child may hold the cure they have been
✼Danielle✼
**4 stars**
Talon by Alexandra Ivy (#5)
Talon and Isi

Xavier by Laura Wright (#6)
Xavier and Amalie

Read 22nd July 2013
The story is progressing in each new novella.
Deb
Both great stories, hoping Ashe and Isi recover fully and the baby.
Hoping they all can find a way to do away with Shapki and return Chayton to their lives.

Loads of intensity, loving, drama and great tight knit community
Lori Meehan
3.75*
Talon 3.5
Alexandra Ivy
Another good addition to this series. Talon a Pantera protector set to protect the enemy of the Pantera Isi Rousseau while she is in the Wildlands. Looks can be deceiving and all is not as it may seem.

Xavier 3.75
Laura Wright
Amalie has been in love with Xavier for years but he has never noticed her for more then his best friend Aristide's little sister. Or has he? With Aristide stuck in quarantine he asks Xavier to keep and eye on Amalie. Amalie takes this and runs to
Ppchristhan
these are short but sweet stories. bayou heat is seriously heating up.easy reads
Jennifer Lyon
Loved this and now can't wait for the next Bayou Heat book!
Eva Millien
Talon is a hunter and Xavier is the leader of the Geeks – both men are different but in the same fix… they both want women they shouldn’t or can’t have in two captivating paranormal romances. While the individual stories are short, there is never a dull moment and I was completely enthralled by both of them and I can’t wait to read the next set of Bayou Heart stories.

“Copy Night Owl Reviews”

See my full review at:

Sylvia
4 stars for the first book. The Talon story.
I liked the way the book starts with her in his house and she loves the way his sheets smell.
This story really adds to the whole story line. I liked Isi and understood what she felt.

The Xavier story was a little bit of a disappointment ...... I liked Xavier in the beginning a lot but after every page I disliked him more. What an ass!
Choose you fool!!! I would never ever have gone to him after so many humiliations. F.... Him!
No this was not my kind o
The Window Seat
This is the third book of the Bayou Heat series I have read and reviewed and I’ve got to tell you, I’m hooked! These Puma shifters, called Pantera, live in the Wildlands of the Bayou in Louisiana. The problem is, that it’s failing. The magic of the Wildlands has slowly been failing over the years. It began about fifty years earlier… the females stopped having young and then other things happened slowly. Everyone was looking for the cure, and in the midst of it all, a child was conceived. Now, th ...more
Sonia Cristina
TALON
This was my favorite novella in this book. Loved the romance between Talon and Isi, the recent discovered twin sister to Ashe. 25 years ago, Chayton, the Shaman to the Panteras, had a vision in which his first child would be the doom to the Pantera. Isi was the first baby born and the Chayton had to run with her.
Now, Isi was taken to the Wildlands to help her sister during the problematic pregnancy. She's the only one that gives strenght to Ashe and Raphael won't let the Elders harm her. A
Christy Loves 2 Read
And now we've got more Pantera's, curses, doom, hope, etc. etc.

Talon by Alexandra Ivy was a really good read although I sort of felt like something was missing. I'm sure it was just me and the author wrote a story in par with the others written. Talon was hot and Isi was a pain in the butt, but in a good way. I would have liked some more answers as to why Isi gets sick from the Wildlands and maybe some more insight into what she might be able to cure about the Pantera's downfall. But, overall an
Tania
"Bayou Heat: Talon - Xavier" by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright. Book 5 & 6 in the Bayou Heat series.

TALON

Talon is just coming home from the hunt for the traitors that are destroying his homeland. But he's not that happy now, because Raphael, his leader, has assigned him to babysitting duty to Ashe's sister, Isi. Raphael has put Isi in Talon's old house, and when he finds her, she's in his bedroom, in HIS bed!

Isi is not happy in the Wildlands. She has litterally been sick since she's been tak
Donna
What can I say that hasn't already been said by other reviewers. This is such a fun series to read. Great characters, great chemistry between the main characters, great writing, and a wonderfully imaginative side story concerning the threats facing the Pantera. What is especially impressive is that both authors accomplish so much in terms of character development and overall plot advancement within the shorter novella length.

After each novella, I decide that the male in that story is my favouri
Michelle

Cou
Karen
This book is another fine addition to this series of puma shifters! I love how the overall story continues throughout each book as a new couple gets mated. I would like each story to be a bit longer to learn more about each pairing, but at least we get to keep up with them a small bit in each book. The cliffhanger endings to each one though can be a bit rough. Thankfully I waited long enough to be able to get the first six books as a collection so I could read them all back to back. And I just p ...more
Paulina
**SPOILERS, BEWARE**

Things are finally coming to a head now that the big bad has shown up. In Talon there was barely enough time for Isi to figure out her feelings for Talon before the story ended. And what was the deal with her blood? We never get a satisfactory answer, not even when she's mentioned in the second half. She's just suddenly released from quarantine with no reason why. Xavier was better since there was at least a history with Amalie. But then it ends with another freaking cliff-ha
Darla
This book was cool to read, the language is rather dirty and to the point so I like that off the top. I really liked Isi and Talon's characters, he was so arrogant and playful AND DAMNED SEXY and she was edgy and sweet! He was my kind of man, or cat depending on how you want to go!! I think he was my favorite character so far in the series besides Jean-Baptiste and his tats and piercings. Xavier was ok too, he got on my nerves with the whole over protective stuff with Amalie though. I was glad w ...more
Anna
Loved Talon and Isi's book though I'm starting to hate the elders with a passion and once again, while Xavier and Amalie's book was just as good, because of the way each story leads into the next the cliff hangers always leave me feeling bad which is not a way I like to finish a book. Takes a bit of the enjoyment out of it for me at least anyway.
Stacie
Loved it. The story is really coming together. Xavier is super sexy. I'm very happy a lot of the books are already out. I would be very unhappy if I had to wait to read what happens next. I hope it's concluded by the 12th story. I'm on to the next two hot Pantera males. Happy reading!
Margaret
Another great addition to the Bayou Heat series - my only complaint is that the stories are too short (which doesn't detract from the content of the stories, I just want more!)

Both stories are well developed and are able to focus on the main characters while continuing to develop the overall Pantera story line.

Kudos to Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright for being able to pen a series together that is delivered with a consistent voice. The dual authorship of the series only serves to help deliver a
Debbie
parts 5 and 6 tell Talon and Xavier's tales.

Talon is to protect the only hope that Ashe has, her sister, from the Elders. he aint too happy about it, but neither is she. something about Talon settles Isi, but they have no idea why, or where it will lead.

Xavier is a geek! and his best friends sister has the hots for him, and will stop at nothing to get him, especially as her brother is currently quarantined with Isi (although that bit isnt explained very well so i never did figure out why!) but X
Yessenia Andaverde
I wanted to kick both Talon and Xavier for being so hurting and stubborn. Also, it felt a bit fake when they are all against taking Isi or Amelie as mates but then they had sex and suddenly they were all about being with 'em and loving 'em forever.
Tammy Sargeant
And the plot thickens. I love this series. Both stories were amazing. My favorite would have to be Talon ans Isi. I loved those two, but I still loved Xavier, but found Amalie annoying as hell. But still a fun read, but dammit these damn cliffhangers and short stories.
Patricia
I LOVE THIS SERIES! Talon and Isi's story was touching. She grew up with no family then learns of a sister who only she can help. Talon is told that she could be the destruction of his home and people..YET...he feels a draw to her. After all you can't fight what is meant to be.

Xavier and Mel: Xavier has fought his attraction to his best friends sister forever. Mel has crushed on Xavier for over ten years but is not willing to let it alone any longer. She sets out to seduce him and lets face fac
Terree
This is the third book of the Bayou heat series I have read and reviewed and I’ve got to tell you, I’m hooked! These Puma shifters, called Pantera, live in the Wildlands of the Bayou in Louisiana. The problem is, that it’s failing. The magic of the Wildlands has slowly been failing over the years. It began about fifty years earlier… the females stopped having young ans then other things happened slowly; evil crept in! Everyone was looking for the cure, and in the midst of it all, a child was con ...more
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
  • Bound in Death (Bound, #5)
  • Wicked Firsts
  • Caged Heat (Black Meadow Pack, #2)
  • His Untamed Desire (Moon Shifter, #3.5)
  • Masters of Seduction Volume 2 (Masters of Seduction #5-8)
  • Shattered Emotions (Redwood Pack, #5)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • The Alpha's Daughter (The Wolvers, #3)
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Rebel Obsession (All The King's Men, #4)
  • Seduce (Vampire Erotic Theatre, #3)
I'm not exactly sure when I fell in love with books. Probably on my mother's knee listening to her read Dr. Seuss to me. I do remember that I was barely old enough to cross the street by myself when I discovered the delights of the local library. Could anything be more wonderful than spending summer days surrounded by stacks of Nancy Drew mysteries? Over the years I fell in love with Victoria Holt ...more
More about Alexandra Ivy...

Bayou Heat (9 books)
  • Raphael/Parish (Bayou Heat, #1-2)
  • Bayon / Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Sebastian/Aristide (Bayou Heat, #7-8)
  • Lian / Roch (Bayou Heat, #9-10)
  • Hakan/Severin (Bayou Heat, #11-12)
  • Angel/Hiss (Bayou Heat, #13-14)
  • Michel/Striker (Bayou Heat, #15-16)
  • Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat, #17-18)
When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3) Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2) Beyond the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6) Darkness Unleashed (Guardians of Eternity, #5)

“Holy shit. Talon truly was a Hunter.
He went straight for the kill.”
3 likes