Start by marking “Art Auction Mystery” as Want to Read:
Art Auction Mystery

Art Auction Mystery

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Sixteen famous paintings from collections around the world have been stolen and replaced with clever forgeries. Now these fake paintings, along with sixteen others, are going up for auction. After an anonymous tip, the reader has to come to the rescue! By comparing the paintings to the originals, the reader has all the clues to figure out which paintings are real and which ...more
Published October 13th 2005 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about Art Auction Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art Auction Mystery

Idaho Art Lab
[This book was reviewed by Kimberly Weatherston, a volunteer with the Idaho Art Lab.]

I like the concept of this book. I really like the concept of creating a mystery to solve in order to get young people interested in studying famous artworks.

I really wanted to like the book, but in execution it doesn't quite live up to the concept. The setup is very simple and straightforward - here's what you need to do, here's how to do it, here's an example of how to solve one of the puzzles.

I think my bigg
Naomi
LOVED this book!! What a great way to "trick" kids into learning about art. While they are at it, they can do so math cyphering too in a fun manner. Just a really, really creative idea.
Kristy Mcghee
This book was great! It is a graphic novel that teaches about priceless art from around the world. This book infuses art, social studies, and math. For social studies one could use it to tell about different parts of the world, the economics associated with art, and the cultures of the people about whom this art was created. The math integration the children are to find out the value of the art pieces. This book can be used in so many ways. I'm sure the art teacher in the school would appreciate ...more
Beronica
My 10 year old and I are having fun reading this together.
I see that it shows useful application skills in charting the money trail to forgers and sponsors!
Slick layout and description of art paintings.
Jo
I've got to admit, this was pretty slick. I am not an art lover in any way, shape or form, but I really liked this book. It was a painless, fun way of looking at some famous pieces of art.
Peter
Awesome awesome way to engage in fine art and study famous works by comparing originals and "forgeries". Accessible to ages 7-12, can be read alone ages 8-12 too.
Carolyne
Carolyne marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jan 19, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Karen
Karen added it
Jul 26, 2013
Liwen
Liwen marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Art Fraud Detective: Spot the Difference, Solve the Crime! The Great Art Scandal: Solve the Crime, Save the Show! My Best Friends LEGO Game Books: Spy Catcher (Road Maze Game Books, LEGO) Wigglies Glow Worm