Start by marking “Dance Kinesiology, Second Edition” as Want to Read:
Dance Kinesiology, Second Edition

Dance Kinesiology, Second Edition

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Dance Kinesiology reflects modern techniques and includes articles addressing eight important systems of body work: the Pilates Method, Rolfing, the Feldenkrais Method, the Alexander Technique, Ideokinesis, Body-Mind Centering, the Bartenieff Fundamentals, and Laban Movement Analysis.
Published October 23rd 1996 by Schirmer/Thomson Learning (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Dance Kinesiology, Second Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance Kinesiology, Second Edition

Mike
For dancers and students of sports medicine, this book is superb. I have, oddly, both a dance and medical background and yet I learned a wealth from this volume and wish I'd encountered it earlier in my career as a student in dance. Not lacking for detail, this book guides the dancer through what he/she needs to know about the mechanisms of the human body as involved in dance. Beyond serving as a course-text or a good basis for understanding how not to hurt yourself, this helps you understand in ...more
Henedchoueiry
A very rich informative book. A must read for dance students and allied healthcare professionals working with dance.
Jessie
Ms. Fitt provides clear and detailed information about the movement and habits of the body, beyond what I have found elsewhere. The book repeats itself in classic textbook style and Ms. Fitt may use the phrase, "I haven't found any studies that demonstrate this, BUT.." one too many times, so activate your skimming skills, but absolutely worth the effort.
Carri
The information is clear & easy to understand, yet repetitive in basic descriptions. Organization & accuracy is very good and I find it to be a great source for understanding movement of the body to incorporate even in my massage & bodywork practice. Good reference material.
Garrett
This book is a valuable reasource to all in dance, dance education, and dance health. Although this book is a textbook read, it is imformative, accurate, and something that I as a dancer and dance teacher will keep on my shelves until the day I die.
MichelleMarie
Jul 31, 2007 MichelleMarie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: GREAT for dancers who want to understand and learn how to work with their body
for a text book? loved it...but just as far as text book goes.
Nit Voritt
Nit Voritt marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Gaby
Gaby marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Tamsin
Tamsin marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Sep 01, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Mike Oliver
Mike Oliver marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Danilo Bellen jr.
Danilo Bellen jr. marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Anton Lukyanov
Anton Lukyanov marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Ingrid
Ingrid added it
Mar 21, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
SerahRose
SerahRose marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
Harper
Harper is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2012