Start by marking “Eat This Book: Cooking with Global Fresh Flavors” as Want to Read:
Eat This Book: Cooking with Global Fresh Flavors

Eat This Book: Cooking with Global Fresh Flavors

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  16 reviews
While traveling the globe as the host of Food Network’s hit TV shows Tyler’s Ultimate and Food 911, Tyler Florence developed a unique perspective on how Americans like to eat and cook today—and on how to help them with their daily cooking challenges. In Eat This Book, Tyler draws inspiration from kitchens around the world to enliven America’s favorite foods in more than 15 ...more
Published December 4th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Eat This Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat This Book

Ivonne
Jan 31, 2015 Ivonne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook-library
23.70
Lisa Wuertz
I had high hopes for this book after seeing excerpts from it in my Food & Wine Best of the Best book, but it wasn't that great. First off the introduction just made me want to gag because of how conceited he sounds. The recipes were so-so, except for the amazing artichoke sausage dish that I already had a recipe for. Glad I borrowed this from the library and didn't buy it afterall.
Lisa
Oh Tyler. I want to marry you. This book is full of what it claims to be about. Simple cooking with global flavors. I love that he has recipes right up front for sauces, aioles, and spices, and I can't WAIT to try out his panzanella recipe. Mmmmmm.
Glennis
I enjoyed Real Kitchen more. This one was a little more exotic, but not necessarily wholly authentic. That doesn't mean the recipes aren't good. It all depends on how "real" you need to be.
Jenny
Tyler Florence annoys the hell outta me - but I like his cooking. This is a beautiful book and I'll be cooking from it. I just don't want to hear Tyler's cocky lil voice in my head as I do it.
Douglas
Sep 09, 2006 Douglas rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that enjoy cooking
Shelves: cooking
Some great receipes. Great pictures to show you what your receipe should look like. I need to do more receipes. I made this scallop ceviche and it was tough, but a good receipe.
Yvette
I've made plenty of recipes from this book. Everything turns out nicely. Love the flavors and the ease of each recipe. It's a keeper!
Melanie Turner
I hate Tyler Florences vain look at me strut pictures, but the recipes are really good. He has a yummy asian noodle dish in here.
Merritt
This is so elaborate! There are recipes within recipes! Great when you want to cook for a few days to make one meal! Hehe!
Emily
Nov 11, 2007 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: cookbooks
Well-organized with lots of good, practical recipes. Lots of good homemade sauces, too.
Cassie
Two words. Pulled pork. Made it last weekend, best recipe ever.
Bridget
What a great cover to this cookbook! This book is autographed.
Phalana
I use this often; tasty recipes...easy to free-style off of them.
Beka
Lots of great ideas, but nothing jumped out at me.
Ruth
Nice book but more exotic that I wante
Grace
Love Tyler's gazpacho...
Melissa Doidge
Melissa Doidge marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Geoffrey Staysniak
Geoffrey Staysniak marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Marianthi
Marianthi marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Andrew Weber
Andrew Weber marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Vegetable Love
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Cooking with Master Chefs
  • Mario Batali Simple Italian Food: Recipes from My Two Villages
  • Cake Love: How to Bake Cakes from Scratch
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Lidia's Italy in America
  • Louisiana Real and Rustic
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes
  • The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner
  • The Country Cooking of France
  • Rose's Christmas Cookies
  • Splendid Soups: Recipes and Master Techniques for Making the World's Best Soups
  • Moosewood Restaurant Celebrates: Festive Meals for Holidays and Special Occasions
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Think Like a Chef
Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook Tyler's Ultimate: Dinner at My Place Start Fresh: Your Child's Jump Start to Lifelong Healthy Eating Tyler Makes Pancakes!