Start by marking “Secret Santa (Bluegrass Series, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Secret Santa (Bluegrass Series, #3.5)

Secret Santa (Bluegrass #3.5)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  3,680 ratings  ·  199 reviews
Secret Santa is USA Today Best-selling Author Kathleen Brooks' novella to thank her readers for their amazing support and to update them on their favorite characters from her Bluegrass books.
If you're new to the Bluegrass Series, please pick up Secret Santa as her gift to you this holiday season. At the end of the book there is an excerpt from Bluegrass State of Mind, the
Published November 15th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

Too many characters in this novella that I'm not familiar with. Everyone and their dog had a name. It just added to the confusion. I was so frustrated at figuring out who this person was in relation to that person . ugh! I just didn't like this small town, such a sad lot. All I know is that two babies were born and there was two Santas and 3 fairy godmothers. A king and queen who finally got pregnant
31/3 - Not what I was expecting. Like other reviewers I was unaware that it was part of series when I started reading it, so I felt little or no emotion at the revelation of the birth of a couple of babies or the announcement of a long-awaited pregnancy. I did notice there were a lot of c names, which doesn't help an uninitiated reader to untangle all the different people who are thrown at us throughout this story. Plus, to make it even more confusing, everyone seems to be related to almmost eve ...more
Paula Legate
I think this book summed up or was the last book in a series. There were a lot of characters. The book had a shaky start, but the ending was nicely written. This was not a good standalone book. I felt like I should have known the characters already. I did like the small town atmosphere. Everyone is there to help each other, and gossip spreads faster than a wild fire. The author’s description of small town life was perfect. I also loved the way she described the way southern town’s shuts down whe ...more
Secret Santa "delivers"......
Thank you Kathleen Brooks for this fabulous gift! "Secret Santa" was a quick easy read full of holiday cheer,laughter, new beginnings and "surprises" that I know will find their way into the next book in this series! Excited to see where all these developments are headed....lets get Ahmed something, uhmmm, "someone" super special!
Bets are on!
Cj Millar
Loved the updates, hated the typos and errors. Referring to Cole as Cade mistakenly was among the worst. Please, please get an editor or proofreader! Something! I love these characters and their outlandish tales as a fun escape from reality. I don't even mind how far fetched it all is, but when the author refers to the wrong character, or flip flops from referring to one character as fiancée, then husband, then fiancée again, which is it?

As always, a cute story but this felt even more rushed th
I was looking for a quick Christmas read so Secret Santa looked liked what I was hoping for. Not. It sure was about Christmas in a small town but there were so many characters that I just couldn't keep track of who everyone was. I haven't read anything else in this series so maybe that was my problem.

The secret Santa part was great. I liked the mystery of who he was and why he was giving out the unique gifts. I also loved a bit during the delivery of one of the babies. It went like this:

"It hurt
I just want to say I loved it!!! I also would like to let some of the other reviewers know that if they had started with the beginning of the series I think they would enjoy it also! It is a novella to go with the previous. Not really a stand alone, or you would be kinda lost! I have absolutely loved the entire series. Can't wait for more!!!
I loved the holiday book. My mystery lover Cy appeared and Paige and Annie had their babies. Dani is pregnant and hopefully she doesn't miscarry. Hopefully Cy kiss with Tammy make Pierce notice her because that story would be hot. All that was missing was Miles and a mystery of Cy actual job has me worried.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Members of a small town all know each other well and celebrate Christmas together. Two brand new Christmas babies join the others at their holiday party and everyone celebrates. Great read!!
I came across this little book from the naughty and nice bundle off amazon. I thought that it was a cute little story. I will admit I got a little confused at first with the different couples being introduced. But the I realized that it is 3.5 in the series. Oopps. But now that I have read this one I want to read the whole Bluegrass series. I am very intrigued to learned about all the characters. I also find it amusing that the books take place in Kentucky. I am from Kentucky and I am actually n ...more
Felice Foster
Really hard to keep the characters straight in this novella. I wanted to like it, but just didn't care by the end.
Synopsis: "It wouldn't be Christmas in Keeneston without a party! Everyone's invited, even Santa…
Kenna's court docket is full, Dani's hiding from her in-laws, Paige and Annie are about to burst from pregnancy, and Marshall is breaking up fights at the PTA Christmas Concert. The sweet potato casserole is made, the ham and biscuits are on the table, and men are losing their shirts - and not because of bets placed with the Rose Sisters! All the while, the entire town is wondering one thing: who is
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

I didn't realize Secret Santa was part of a series when I started it. On amazon it has a little blurb about if you are new to the Bluegrass series, pick up Secret Santa to check it out, and at the end is a chapter from the first novel. To me that would indicate that you don't need to know the other stories to read this one. Well that is not the case at all. I have read the Bluegrass Series, but it has been a while and I don't remember them very well. When I started
Beth Cutwright
Ho! Ho! Ho! The entire town of Keeneston, Kentucky is ready for THE annual Christmas Party; this year to be held at Southern Charms. This is a short Christmas Novella, full of fun and quirky people who populate a small town. Everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everything about you. And everyone cares about their neighbors in this town. This is a town where life happens!

The rose sisters are in charge of planning the annual party where everyone has been invited, except for the Santa who sho
For a christmas novel it was packed with lovely christmas gifts for lovers of the Bluegrass Series. I'm reading this in the wrong order, but I doubt that would diminsh the value of the other books.... since I own this series, it's incentive to start reading them.

Note... this book was narrated by Eric G Dove, I think there was a production issue thoughm the narration was fine but there were these HUGE "empty" silences between chapters in the audible version... okay huge is a little big... but 10-
Jess Molly Brown
I don't feel qualified to rate this book. I picked it up as a freebie on Amazon. It's obviously a companion story to a series that I haven't read. People who have read the series are giving it high ratings and people who haven't are rating it low. It's essential to read the series in order to understand this novella.
Meagan-Eileen Hunt
I've had this awhile but couldn't read it until I read the rest of these and I just love how each chapter is from a different person and then of course the Santa, I knew who it was and boy was it funny how he got revealed! Then Ahmed who does not pass out actually passes out, that was great! Such a good little read.
Cute small town story of the holidays

In this novella, you get to read about the small town of Keeneston during the holidays, the arrival of two new residents and the catalyst for more stories. Yet another standalone book, but better enjoyed if you read the series in order....
Stephanee Macdonald
Very good book. Must read the 3 book of the Bluegrass series & the 1st 2 books of the Bluegrass Brothers series so your not confused with all the new characters introduced in the Bluegrass Brothers series. Yes it's short but great for a car ride(Audible) or afternoon read.
Deane Lingenfelter
I got this book off Amazon as a free book for Christmas. I also found that I had another one of her books that I had gotten for free. It was the first book in the series. After reading this short story. I had to get this book and read the hole series in a matter of two weeks. So if you read this book first please good back and read the entire series you will not be sorry. Happy Reading .
This is the 2nd book I read by Kathleen Brooks. The only thing I liked about this story was the dialogue, it made me laugh. The story line was boring & for this story to be a short it had too many characters in it which made the story confusing.
Short and sweet! Lots of love and happiness and sweetness! If you are looking for a quick read to bring a smile to your face this would be one to do it. You really should know a little about the characters but honestly you could read this novella a little out of sequence.
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
This short story was sweet and full of babies! It made me made me made me want to make gingerbread cookies...just sayin'.

***BEWARE*** This story takes place in the middle of a series, so there are quite a few characters to keep track of for such a short story. I don't usually like to jump in the middle of one but it was a Christmas story and free so it's not like I had a choice! Another warning for my fellow ebook/kindle lovers, this story is only 60% of the ebook/file.

I will
Sandra Lancaster
This was a fun novella updating you on all the couples in the Bluegrass series. It's a short, easy read that I really enjoyed. There a couple of surprises in it that any fan of the series will love.
Maria Bonano
I enjoyed this book very much. I was intrigued to know who Santa was and was very surprised. This book opened the doors to new of the series... Keep reading!
I am reading the series and had missed this one but went back to it. I enjoyed the read but recommend reading the series from the beginning.
Yvonne Carr massie
Loving this series

This is a fantastic series even this little novella had something special in it. I am on to the next one.
First off - this is a novella based on charactrs in a series - if you have read the Bluegrass books - you will LOVE this!

Huge Thank You to Kathleen Brooks for allowing us to spend some of our Christmas in Keeneston!

Our Secret Santa comes into town and stirs everything up at the annual Christmas party!

So, what did Santa bring our favorite small town?
Pierce gets an eye opener
Tammy gets a knee melting kiss
Paige and Annie welcome their little bundles of joy – hahaha definitely a must read scene!
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • Christmas in Venice: A Short Story
  • Naughty or Nice
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • Save Me, Santa
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Silver Bells
  • Enchanted
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Holiday Kisses
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
  • Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier, #1)
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Jingle This!
  • A Wizard for Christmas
Kathleen Brooks is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author. Kathleen's stories are romantic suspense featuring strong female heroines, humor, and happily-ever-afters. Her Bluegrass Series and follow-up Bluegrass Brothers Series feature small town charm with quirky characters that have captured the hearts of readers around the world.

Kathleen is an animal lover who su
More about Kathleen Brooks...

Bluegrass (3 books)
  • Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass Series, #1)
  • Risky Shot (Bluegrass Series, #2)
  • Dead Heat (Bluegrass Series, #3)
Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass Series, #1) Risky Shot (Bluegrass Series, #2) Bluegrass Undercover (Bluegrass Brothers, #1) Acquiring Trouble (Bluegrass Brothers, #3) Rising Storm (Bluegrass Brothers, #2)

“She may not be able to teach the baby how to cook, but she could teach the child how to shoot a gun and how to disarm a man when being attacked with a knife. You never knew when those things could come in handy.” 9 likes
“She felt like a woman on fire. Would it be bad to have sex with Santa in the closet?” 5 likes