Start by marking “Growing Up With Princess Lizzy: Little Life Lessons (Princess Lizzy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Growing Up With Princess Lizzy: Little Life Lessons (Princess Lizzy, #1)

Growing Up With Princess Lizzy: Little Life Lessons (Princess Lizzy #1)

How do you handle a situation when you know someone hasn’t told the truth? What do you do when you see a little girl without a coat in the cold of winter? Where do flowers go when they disappear? What do you do when your feet don’t reach the floor?
Hi, I’m Gma Mary. Being a mom six times, a grandma 17 times, and a great grandma five times and counting, I’ve encountered the
Published October 5th 2012 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Growing Up With Princess Lizzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Growing Up With Princess Lizzy

Robert Jacobs
Nov 29, 2012 Robert Jacobs rated it it was amazing
Growing up with Princess Lizzy, By “Gma Mary” Adkinson
Surprisingly Good
I approached this book with some trepidation as I was unsure how I could handle reading something meant for little children. However, when the first story brought a tear to my eye, I knew that this was one worth reading. Each story, teaches a lesson, is well constructed, and obviously well thought out. From Lizzy realising that there are others out there in greater need than herself to Lizzy learning how to accept the loss of
Stephanie Larison
Jan 01, 2013 Stephanie Larison rated it it was amazing
I was a First Reads winner with this book, and I was so excited to get this in the mail. My daughter is 3 and she loves being read to. I liked that the little girl, Lizzy was simple looking, something kids will love with the shapes that make her. My daughter was drawn into Lizzy and enjoyed having this read to her. The real issues being dealt with in the book were simple yet so meaningful at the same time. If it's kindness, learning about life, death, working towards a goal, even wondering where ...more
Trinisse
Nov 29, 2012 Trinisse rated it really liked it
"Vivacious vignettes"

Growing up with Princess Lizzy,
by Gma Mary Adkinson is a delightful
book for beginning readers.
Peppered with cute illustrations,
and important insights for youngsters,
the assorted short stories inside highlight
some of the encounters a person
has along their life's journey.
Sharing, helping others, kindness,
and dealing with loss are among the concepts
presented through brief vignettes. The lessons will help
encourage children to become the best individuals they
are capable of be
R.A. Dyer
Dec 17, 2012 R.A. Dyer rated it it was amazing
This children's book was a refreshing read. Very creative with whimsical illustrations, it teaches children little life lessons that are very beneficial. I enjoyed it very much, and Princess Lizzy is a charming character that children will fall in love with. It is well written and will be sure to hold a child's attention throughout the book. They will learn about giving to others, taking care of pets, and being with family.

Overall, it is a wonderful read that children will love and appreciate.
Jodi Stone
Jan 06, 2013 Jodi Stone rated it it was amazing
This is one of my new "must have" books. You know the type...the ones you read, and then say, "I must own this...it must be on my shelf." Having children is the toughest job in the world, and reading stories that are in "Growing up with Princess Lizzy" makes those who are in this tough profession of parenting a little easier. I have three daughters, ages ranging from six to twelve, and each one took something from the stories. I must have the paperback of this book...it's that great :).
Tim
Nov 29, 2012 Tim rated it it was amazing
Princess Lizzy is such a great compilation of stories about lessons Lizzy learns as a young child. Lessons about love, friendship, communications, setting goals, giving, life and death. Presented in short stories about particular situations, these are fun to read and made for children to understand and appreciate more and more as they grow. Lizzy has a very loving family who helps her and helps readers make informed decisions in their own little lives.

A very enjoyable read for all.
Mommasaysread
Mar 21, 2013 Mommasaysread rated it really liked it

By The Babes on March 21, 2013
Growing Up With Princess Lizzy Little Life Lessons

This is a wonderful series that is easy to read for beginning readers. These books are fantastic little vignettes that each have a lesson attached. The moral is never too heavy handed, but just right so that the little ones really do understand in terms they can really grasp. At night before bed time we would read one or two stories from each book. Each story in the book would only take about five minutes to read an
Wilde Sky
Mar 01, 2013 Wilde Sky rated it really liked it
A little girl learns to handle certain situations, such as people being untruthful, people not having the basics (such as a coat), the changing seasons and many more situations that are new to children (and some adults).

A very good / straightforward guide that will help parents explain certain events their children are almost certain to experience. I liked the smiley / cute pictures / illustrations.
Shannon Harper yarnell
Aug 26, 2013 Shannon Harper yarnell rated it it was amazing
wonderful wonderful childrens book.
Gma Adkinson
Nov 29, 2012 Gma Adkinson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: children-s
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Mary Adkinson
Mary Adkinson rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2012
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Teracia
Teracia marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Daryia Dinkins
Daryia Dinkins marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Julie Hutchinson
Julie Hutchinson marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
April
April marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Kim McHughes
Kim McHughes marked it as to-read
Karen Campbell
Karen Campbell marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Shannon Baas
Shannon Baas marked it as to-read
John Albarado
John Albarado marked it as to-read
Mandy Dobarro
Mandy Dobarro marked it as to-read
Joy Adams
Joy Adams marked it as to-read
E.
E. marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Frank Martorana
Frank Martorana marked it as to-read
Michael Capp
Michael Capp marked it as to-read
little life lessons 1 2 Nov 29, 2012 07:50AM

Hi, I’m Gma Mary. Being a mom six times, a grandma 17+ times, and a great grandma 7 times and counting, I’ve encountered these questions and many more.
More about Gma Mary Adkinson...

Princess Lizzy (2 books)
  • Growing Up With Princess Lizzy and Her Friends (Princess Lizzy, #2)