Start by marking “Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)

Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)

Single mom Carol Baker has the goal of providing an old-fashioned, white Christmas for her two kids. She's been divorced and the kids' dad, sadly, hasn't been the most attentive father. So, Carol takes her crew to New England, hoping for a happy holiday and a chance to make her small nuclear family feel whole. Little does she know that a series of mishaps and adventures wi ...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Winter Wedding Press

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe in Maine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe in Maine

Rebecca (everyday reader)
Carol is a divorcee and has been burned by love, but she plans a holiday in Maine for her kids, regardless of her dead-beat ex's opinion. Paul is a widower and the owner of the Inn they are staying in. They are both smitten at first sight, love follows, and everyone has a fun and festive Christmas. Good read!!
Kristen
This was a sweet, short, and cute Christmas read. I enjoyed it.

Moral Note: Some mild innuendos & subtle hints of couples having premarital sex. A few OMG's.
Kate
Nov 25, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
Cute, but nothing to write home about.
Cynthia
Dec 01, 2016 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Snow

Carol and her kids were going to do the economic Christmas vacation until the ex showed up talking about going out of the country on an expensive trip that broke down and decided to go to Maine. What she wasn't expecting was to fall in love with the inn owner.
Sasha Enge
Nov 22, 2016 Sasha Enge rated it it was amazing
This was a cute story
JAX R.V
Dec 11, 2016 JAX R.V rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet Christmas book. Love it!
Janie Winsell
May 07, 2016 Janie Winsell rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe in Maine by Ginny Baird is a Christmas Novella about recovering from a broken heart. It is not a Christian book, but it is a good, clean read. I love it when an author focuses on relationships rather than lustful actions to begin a romance between two characters.

Carol Baker is a newly divorced mother who is trying to make up for the actions of her ex-husband where it concerns her children. In an attempt to brighten up their Christmas and stick it to her ex, Carol whisks her two childre
Julie Barrett
Dec 06, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Mistletoe in Maine by Ginny Baird
Carol Baker, divorced lives with her 2 teen kids: Ashley and Will and the kids had wanted to go to Maine for the holidays as their mother is a teacher and had the time off.
Their dad stopped by with her his girl on their way to the islands and gave them gifts and Carol decided then and there that yes they would go to Maine.
Paul Love and his teen son, Daniel who'll be heading to college soon is at his father's inn in Maine when they get company. Family company -Pau
Nadine Keels
Sep 25, 2014 Nadine Keels rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Good Christmas comfort, like a mug of hot cocoa; moments of humor; nice subplot elements; and whispers of romance that develop smoothly in this novella. Oh, and I was most taken by the part with the moose, feeling a measure of awe as I pictured it--and that's saying something, since animals aren't usually my thing in books, unless it happens to be a book about animals, most likely a children's book.

The book cover is the steamiest thing about this clean romance; the image doesn't match the story'
Emma
May 31, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, romance, adult
Carol Baker has been divorced for a while. Since her ex hasn't been a part of their children's lives, she decides to take them to Maine for a white Christmas, even if it means working overtime to pay for the trip.

Paul Love owns a resort where families can go and enjoy a vacation together. His son is going to college soon, and he wants to sell and move to Canada. His mom and son have other plans. They don't want his dad to sell, so his mom sets him up with Beth, an old girlfriend who ended up mar
Tonileg
Jan 21, 2013 Tonileg rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, holiday, kindle
Finding new love after a terrible divorce is never easy. Some people will never move on, some will take just a few months and then jump back into the game.
Single mom to two great kids, Ms. Carol Baker wants the best for her kids, unfortunately their disappearing father is far from even a mediocre father, he is terrible so it is timely that Carol finds a new love and life in the wilds of Maine, but I'm getting ahead of myself...
Carol is sweet and optimistic and she deserves a great guy like the i
Melanie Tikalsky
Sep 13, 2013 Melanie Tikalsky rated it really liked it
Ginny Baird pulls off a super sweet Christmas romance filled with love, hope, Christmas spirit and od course meddling family members... oh don't forget those long lost and now found first loves.

Paul and Carol have many things in common like foregoing living their own lives while raising their children ... when Carol's ex husband blows off his kids for Christmas, she decides it time to escape the dreary Virgina weather and have a good old fashioned New England white Christmas.

Paul's wife died sev
Jennifer Mitchell
Dec 06, 2012 Jennifer Mitchell rated it liked it
I enjoyed this holiday read. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and connecting with the emotion Carol felt trying to restart her life after divorce and years of being unappreciated & never truly loved. The story was sweet and I enjoyed the comical scenes in the story. I was a little disappointed in the end only because I wanted more. I felt the end was rushed & left me with wondering how they reached the final scene. I don't want to give too much away. I think it could have had mor ...more
Katie W
Nov 28, 2012 Katie W rated it really liked it
Well, this is one of those books where the cover does not fit the story. In this case, it's the story of a divorced mom who, at the last minute, decides to spend Christmas in Maine with her two kids. She meets the man who runs the inn and a Christmas romance is in the works.

I really like Ginny Baird's Christmas romances so far. They seem like they might be a little spicy, but they end up just right.

Content: some innuendo, but a clean adult read.
Janis Lai
Oct 19, 2014 Janis Lai rated it it was ok
It's cute but not very believable. the skiing part and the dog sledding part much much more so.. never will a young teenage boy with no experience be allowed to man a dog sled team on his own the first run he ever had. And no one with zero ski experience will start learning on a mountain that you have to go up by a lift. that's what magic carpet is for. the magic between the characters just doesn't seem so genuine.
Jane
Carol Baker, single mom and teacher raising her two children alone wants to give them a special white Christmas and decided to take them to Maine to a resort in the North Woods.

Paul Love owns the Love Inn and makes Christmas special for all his guests, especially Carol and her two children Will and Ashley. Mistletoe in Maine is a sweet holiday love story about mature adults finding love in the middle of life and is a very special Christmas romance that I enjoyed.
Susan
Apr 28, 2013 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fiction
This was a very short book about a divorced mom of two finding romance in a Maine Inn. I didn't like the writing style, and I thought many of the situations were really contrived and unbelievable--like the skiing lesson and the light in the forest. I also wondered how a filled-up inn suddenly had no guests except the mother and her kids and the innkeeper's mother, boyfriend, and former girlfriend. But it was a clean little novel and had a happy ending.
Yaritza
Oct 02, 2014 Yaritza rated it it was amazing
This was a short story but very romantic. Love that both adults were able to find love again. It's tough to raise kids all on your own and try to make them happy. I love that both characters were Beatles fans. I love the Beatles. I love that she decided to choose Maine to vacation and found wonderful adventures.
Lisa
Dec 09, 2012 Lisa rated it it was ok
Got this as a Kindle freebie and read it really quickly. I'd give it more of a 2.5 rating instead of a solid 2 because it was better then just okay. The story was very sweet, it just felt too short- you wanted there to be more about Carol and Paul falling in love before the last chapter jumped 3 years into the future.
Poonam
Nov 24, 2012 Poonam rated it it was amazing
Wow. I was really happy when I saw this book free on amazon kindle , I immediately added it to my kindle.

I really love this short cute romance story. So full of Christmas and the happily ever ending . :)

Ginny Baird is becoming one of my favourite authors. I am looking forward to reading all of her books in future . Keep it up!!
N. Kuhn
Dec 11, 2013 N. Kuhn rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
I guess I expected to story to actually contain a wedding, as it's the Holiday Bride series. It doesn't. But, it's still a cute romance. Not sexy, just cute, sweet. Single mom goes on vaca with her kids for Christmas, falls in love with Inn owner, and that's it. It was still a fun short read! Definitely try this one.
Kendra
Mar 14, 2013 Kendra rated it liked it
A sweet romance for a widower and a divorcee set in an inn in Maine. I really enjoyed how the h/h interacted, especially thought it was cute the way the heroine was flustered by the hero. I saw a lot of potential for conflict and emotions with the ex-girlfriend, but sadly that fizzled out almost from the start. C rating.
Roberta Capizzi
Dec 22, 2013 Roberta Capizzi rated it liked it
I read it as part of te Sweet Christmas Kisses anthology. Not my favorite book by Ginny Baird. It was a little slow at times and I couldn't really connect with the characters. There were some funny moments featuring the klutzy female character, though.
My favorite Ginny Baird's Christmas romance is still The Christmas Catch
Meredith
Dec 06, 2012 Meredith rated it it was ok
A free novella on my Kindle. It was a simple, sweet story and took almost no time to read. The cover art makes this book looks like some steamy romance (or maybe that's just me), but it's not. It's the story of a divorced mother of two who takes her kids to a quaint inn in Maine for Christmas and finds love again.
Tiffany
Nov 17, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it
This was a cute and sweet little Christmas story. I read this in the "Sweet Christmas Kisses" set and found this a cute book. I wish there would have been more dating, chemistry etc. in the story but still keeping the story sweet. I absolutely loved the whole setting. This would make for a cute Christmas made for TV movie.
Trea
Sep 14, 2013 Trea rated it it was ok
Shelves: challenges-2013
Another short quick read from this author, and it really wasn't anything special. The story was cute, but the premise wasn't anything new or unique. It was a disappointment to be sure, but I didn't really hate it either.
Loverlypurple
Nov 26, 2012 Loverlypurple rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this sweet romantic story.Prefect story for the holiday season. All the characters were so likable and the setting was perfect. I've read all of the holiday bride series and really enjoyed them all.
Debbie Turner
Dec 21, 2014 Debbie Turner rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. I completely enjoyed it. I'm very happy that I bought Sweet Christmas Kisses. This is the 2nd book in the collection. The first book I've ever read by Ginny Baird. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.
Loubieka2
Dec 13, 2013 Loubieka2 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, holiday
I love watching the Hallmark Christmas movies every year and this book falls under the same category. It's a cozy Christmas romance. Even though some of the references to the northern Maine wilderness were a bit silly, I didn't care.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
May 03, 2013 Emily (Mrs B's Books) rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, adult, novella
Another quick holiday novella, but this one was even worse than the last one and just didn't feel believable.

It all felt far to rushed even if the description was great.

Not a series i will continue with.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • Jingle This!
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • A Marriage Carol
  • Forever Christmas
  • Wishing for Wonderful (Serendipity, #3)
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • The Christmas Violin
  • Blame it on the Mistletoe
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • The Happiest Season
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • No Exchanges, No Returns (Return to Redemption, #4)
  • Blue Christmas: Big Girls Don't Cry Christmas Short Story (Blonde Barracuda, #1.5)
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Paper Hearts
NEW THIS CHRISTMAS! The start of a brand new holiday series...
The Christmas Cookie Shop (Christmas Town, Book 1)

Romance writer Ginny Baird has published novels in print and online and received screenplay options from Hollywood for her family and romantic comedy scripts. Whether writing lighthearted romantic comedy or spine-tingling romantic suspense, she delights in delivering heartwarming storie
More about Ginny Baird...

Holiday Brides (6 books)
  • The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides #1)
  • The Holiday Bride (Holiday Brides #2)
  • Beach Blanket Santa (Holiday Brides, #4)
  • Baby, Be Mine (Holiday Brides #5)
  • Sweet Christmas Kisses: Fourteen Sweet Christmas Romances