Start by marking “Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)

Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Single mom Carol Baker has the goal of providing an old-fashioned, white Christmas for her two kids. She's been divorced and the kids' dad, sadly, hasn't been the most attentive father. So, Carol takes her crew to New England, hoping for a happy holiday and a chance to make her small nuclear family feel whole. Little does she know that a series of mishaps and adventures wi ...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Winter Wedding Press

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe in Maine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe in Maine

Nadine Keels
Good Christmas comfort, like a mug of hot cocoa; moments of humor; nice subplot elements; and whispers of romance that develop smoothly in this novella. Oh, and I was most taken by the part with the moose, feeling a measure of awe as I pictured it--and that's saying something, since animals aren't usually my thing in books, unless it happens to be a book about animals, most likely a children's book.

The book cover is the steamiest thing about this clean romance; the image doesn't match the story'
Kristen
This was a sweet, short, and cute Christmas read. I enjoyed it.

Moral Note: Some mild innuendos & subtle hints of couples having premarital sex. A few OMG's.
Kate
Cute, but nothing to write home about.
Julie Barrett
Mistletoe in Maine by Ginny Baird
Carol Baker, divorced lives with her 2 teen kids: Ashley and Will and the kids had wanted to go to Maine for the holidays as their mother is a teacher and had the time off.
Their dad stopped by with her his girl on their way to the islands and gave them gifts and Carol decided then and there that yes they would go to Maine.
Paul Love and his teen son, Daniel who'll be heading to college soon is at his father's inn in Maine when they get company. Family company -Pau
Janis Lai
It's cute but not very believable. the skiing part and the dog sledding part much much more so.. never will a young teenage boy with no experience be allowed to man a dog sled team on his own the first run he ever had. And no one with zero ski experience will start learning on a mountain that you have to go up by a lift. that's what magic carpet is for. the magic between the characters just doesn't seem so genuine.
Emma
Carol Baker has been divorced for a while. Since her ex hasn't been a part of their children's lives, she decides to take them to Maine for a white Christmas, even if it means working overtime to pay for the trip.

Paul Love owns a resort where families can go and enjoy a vacation together. His son is going to college soon, and he wants to sell and move to Canada. His mom and son have other plans. They don't want his dad to sell, so his mom sets him up with Beth, an old girlfriend who ended up mar
Tonileg
Finding new love after a terrible divorce is never easy. Some people will never move on, some will take just a few months and then jump back into the game.
Single mom to two great kids, Ms. Carol Baker wants the best for her kids, unfortunately their disappearing father is far from even a mediocre father, he is terrible so it is timely that Carol finds a new love and life in the wilds of Maine, but I'm getting ahead of myself...
Carol is sweet and optimistic and she deserves a great guy like the i
Yaritza
This was a short story but very romantic. Love that both adults were able to find love again. It's tough to raise kids all on your own and try to make them happy. I love that both characters were Beatles fans. I love the Beatles. I love that she decided to choose Maine to vacation and found wonderful adventures.
Melanie Tikalsky
Ginny Baird pulls off a super sweet Christmas romance filled with love, hope, Christmas spirit and od course meddling family members... oh don't forget those long lost and now found first loves.

Paul and Carol have many things in common like foregoing living their own lives while raising their children ... when Carol's ex husband blows off his kids for Christmas, she decides it time to escape the dreary Virgina weather and have a good old fashioned New England white Christmas.

Paul's wife died sev
Erica
This was a heart warming short story.It is putting me in the Christmas mood. I love warm and inviting stories. Makes you feel good inside. Can't wait to read the other stories by Ginny Baird. :)
Jennifer Mitchell
I enjoyed this holiday read. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and connecting with the emotion Carol felt trying to restart her life after divorce and years of being unappreciated & never truly loved. The story was sweet and I enjoyed the comical scenes in the story. I was a little disappointed in the end only because I wanted more. I felt the end was rushed & left me with wondering how they reached the final scene. I don't want to give too much away. I think it could have had mor ...more
Christy Olesen
A very good novella with a cozy winter lodge atmosphere.
Ila
A sweet fun clean romance.
Katie Watkins
Well, this is one of those books where the cover does not fit the story. In this case, it's the story of a divorced mom who, at the last minute, decides to spend Christmas in Maine with her two kids. She meets the man who runs the inn and a Christmas romance is in the works.

I really like Ginny Baird's Christmas romances so far. They seem like they might be a little spicy, but they end up just right.

Content: some innuendo, but a clean adult read.
Susan
This was a very short book about a divorced mom of two finding romance in a Maine Inn. I didn't like the writing style, and I thought many of the situations were really contrived and unbelievable--like the skiing lesson and the light in the forest. I also wondered how a filled-up inn suddenly had no guests except the mother and her kids and the innkeeper's mother, boyfriend, and former girlfriend. But it was a clean little novel and had a happy ending.
Poonam
Wow. I was really happy when I saw this book free on amazon kindle , I immediately added it to my kindle.

I really love this short cute romance story. So full of Christmas and the happily ever ending . :)

Ginny Baird is becoming one of my favourite authors. I am looking forward to reading all of her books in future . Keep it up!!
Lisa
Got this as a Kindle freebie and read it really quickly. I'd give it more of a 2.5 rating instead of a solid 2 because it was better then just okay. The story was very sweet, it just felt too short- you wanted there to be more about Carol and Paul falling in love before the last chapter jumped 3 years into the future.
Kendra
A sweet romance for a widower and a divorcee set in an inn in Maine. I really enjoyed how the h/h interacted, especially thought it was cute the way the heroine was flustered by the hero. I saw a lot of potential for conflict and emotions with the ex-girlfriend, but sadly that fizzled out almost from the start. C rating.
N. Kuhn
I guess I expected to story to actually contain a wedding, as it's the Holiday Bride series. It doesn't. But, it's still a cute romance. Not sexy, just cute, sweet. Single mom goes on vaca with her kids for Christmas, falls in love with Inn owner, and that's it. It was still a fun short read! Definitely try this one.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Carol is a divorcee and has been burned by love, but she plans a holiday in Maine for her kids, regardless of her dead-beat ex's opinion. Paul is a widower and the owner of the Inn they are staying in. They are both smitten at first sight, love follows, and everyone has a fun and festive Christmas. Good read!!
Meredith
A free novella on my Kindle. It was a simple, sweet story and took almost no time to read. The cover art makes this book looks like some steamy romance (or maybe that's just me), but it's not. It's the story of a divorced mother of two who takes her kids to a quaint inn in Maine for Christmas and finds love again.
Norma
Very sweet, clean story

I loved this book. Lots of fun & magic. I love good clean romance stories. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Loubieka2
I love watching the Hallmark Christmas movies every year and this book falls under the same category. It's a cozy Christmas romance. Even though some of the references to the northern Maine wilderness were a bit silly, I didn't care.
Trea
Another short quick read from this author, and it really wasn't anything special. The story was cute, but the premise wasn't anything new or unique. It was a disappointment to be sure, but I didn't really hate it either.
Loverlypurple
I really enjoyed this sweet romantic story.Prefect story for the holiday season. All the characters were so likable and the setting was perfect. I've read all of the holiday bride series and really enjoyed them all.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Another quick holiday novella, but this one was even worse than the last one and just didn't feel believable.

It all felt far to rushed even if the description was great.

Not a series i will continue with.
Emily
A sweet Christmas story. A divorced mother takes her two kids to a Inn in Maine for Christmas. See what happens when you believe in Christmas magic.... :) I really enjoyed this story and the characters.
Emma
I really liked this short book I would have liked a longer story however I liked that everything was wrapped up and that hey gave us a sneak peek to the future of the couple in he end.
Lucie Ulrich
This was a sweet, but somewhat predictable romance. I enjoyed the story and the setting and would definitely read more from this author.
Cm
I loved this book!! If you want to believe in the magic of Yule (And Christmas) and romance again, I highly recommend this book :)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Jingle This!
  • No Exchanges, No Returns (Return to Redemption, #4)
  • Magic at Macy's
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove
  • Cupid's Christmas
  • Forever Christmas
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • The Rent-A-Groom
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • A Marriage Carol
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas, #3)
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Merry's Christmas: a love story (Redeeming Romance Series)
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
Romance writer Ginny Baird has published novels in print and online and received screenplay options from Hollywood for her family and romantic comedy scripts. She writes touching, often humorous, contemporary romance about single women facing everyday challenges. Known for featuring holidays and family themes in her work, Ginny frequently portrays the struggles of single parents or others who've g ...more
More about Ginny Baird...
The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides #1) The Sometime Bride The Holiday Bride (Holiday Brides #2) Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1) How to Marry a Matador