Start by marking “Tree Change” as Want to Read:
Tree Change

Tree Change

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Forced to choose between the world she wants and the man she loves, Cassia opts for fame and fortune. But it's not enough—one taste and she's hooked again...

Despite her success in the Sydney art world, Cassia yearns for the idyllic life she once lead with Jake in their shack over looking the Pacific Ocean. Seeking closure she falls, like an addict, straight back into his
Published November 30th 2012 by Breathless Press (first published November 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tree Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tree Change

Dinosaurs &  Cherry Stems by Susan Jean RicciRoses at Dusk by M.W. RussellBreaking the Nexus by Lindsay AvalonSeal of Destiny by Traci DouglassFor Whom The Bell Tolls (Vlad Dracula, #1) by Shane K.P. O'Neill
Best New Author Books
9th out of 1,039 books — 1,454 voters
Blame It On The Brontes by Becky LowerRiptide by Amber Lea EastonHoliday Affair by Annie SeatonItalian Affair by Annie SeatonTangling with the CEO by Annie Seaton
15th out of 79 books — 277 voters

More lists with this book...

Zara Stoneley
I read the first chapter of Tree Change over a year ago and have been eagerly waiting to see the rest - it didn't disappoint! The setting is beautiful, and I have a definite soft spot for characters like the artistic Cassie, who I instantly warmed to.
Both Cassie and Jake are passionate about preserving the natural beauty that surrounds them - and are passionate about each other. For me, one thing I really liked about 'Tree Change' was the message about the sacrifices we make in life, that seem
Tree Change is, when all things are said and done, a sweet romance story about two people who have an obvious chemistry, despite trying to keep themselves apart.

The first 25% was lovely. You got introduced to Cassia and Jake, you got to see Sydney and the South Coast through their eyes, the beauty in both locations despite them being striking opposites. I enjoyed the physical description, the uncommon use of groken glass to describe Jakes eyes. I loved that it was very vivid.

I too, loved the a
Lorraine Hawdon

From the first chapter of Tree Change, I cared. I cared about the characters and what had happened and what would happen to them. A riveting mix of romance and drama this debut novel by Tea Cooper is set in Sydney and the north coast. The settings are depicted with vibrancy and colour, as are the characters. Tea’s grasp of characterization, descriptive language, plot and themes of love, loss and preservation have an originality that shines through and embraces t
Joanna Lloyd
I am a great fan of Tea Cooper’s Australian home-grown romances and Tree Change is another beautifully crafted, heart-warming love story. Cassia has been forced to make the decision to further her art career in the city, leaving the idyllic beach shack she shared with her lover, Jake. But she has not only left her old life behind but also her heart. It was never her intention to end the relationship but Jake appears to have slipped easily into a new life with another woman, a baby and a secret. ...more
Ann Harrison
I could taste the salt on the sea breeze as I lost myself in this delightful story about Cassia and Jake. My heart bled for Cassia when she returned to the home they had both shared to find she had been replaced by another woman. I can't reveal more in case I spoil it for other readers but not is all as it seems.
A fabulous tale of love lost and found with a decent dash of mystery to keep the heart pounding.
Congratulations on your first release Tea Cooper. I look forward to more of your work.
Carmen Falcone
I really enjoyed Tree Change.

Strong characterization, great conflicts and characters I really liked! The descriptions are so vivid I really felt like I've been to The Shack. Lovely scenery!

Cassia and Jake really love each other, but because her lack of trust and his promise to help his brother they can't be together. I kept turning the pages so see what was coming next!

Wonderful book! Will definitely read more from Ms. Cooper.
Read this if you like second chance romances (I do!), if you like beach settings, and if you like a dollop of suspense with your romance. Cassia is a sculptor and does some amazing things with driftwood. I loved the scenes set in Sydney - felt like I was reallyt here. Great pick for a holiday read.
Gayl Taylor
This book was romantic, refreshing, and addicting. I could not put it down once I started reading it. Cassia and Jake were made for each other, the plot had some unexpected turns and overall it left me laughing, crying, and at times holding my breath.

The book is well written, the scenery is described so vividly that I can see, hear and smell everything. Most of all I love how the main characters really knew each other. You get a definite sense they belong together despite the circumstances.

Tatum Woods
What a book!! Tea Cooper had me at every page wanting more
Thankyou I loved it
2.5 stars. The first 25% was wonderful. I was dying to know why/how 2 people who obviously still love each other could be apart. But after 35%, the rest of the story tested my patience. I just wanted him to tell her. (view spoiler)
Dawn Brower
Quick enjoyable read.Cassia and Jake have a sweet romance.
Brenna Chase
Cassia wants to find closure after her disastrous breakup with Jake and a move to Sydney for her art career. She reconnects with him even though she believes he was unfaithful to her. Worse, when she does, it appears he has a child. With this new revelation, she’s more determined than ever to pour herself into her career and forget the man she still loves. What she doesn’t know is that there’s something more sinister going on, and that Jake is caught between helping his brother and going after t ...more
This was OK. It was nice to read an Aussie based book for a change. I loved the main characters and the setting. The first quarter of the book was good. It then got a bit boring in the middle with Jake not telling Cassia why they couldn't be together. The ending felt a bit rushed following all that suspense and it seemed to skip forward very rapidly and miss out on (what I felt) was important information. It is for these reasons that I didn't rate it any higher.
Tam Berry
Beautifully written, and a captivating read.
Alysia marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Claire marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Gillian Milne
Gillian Milne marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Bella Michel
Bella Michel marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Beth Anne
Beth Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Aditee marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Gaylene marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Menlindannk marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
  • Secrets Of Whitewater Creek
  • Red Hot
  • In Safe Hands
  • Awakening the Warriors (The Darkon Warrior Series #1.5)
  • Cherry Kisses (Shadowfae)
  • Christmas is Cancelled (Christmas is Cancelled, #1)
  • Masquerade
  • Heart of the Valley
  • We'll Always Have Paris
  • Her Mr Perfect Christmas
  • The Last Woman He'd Ever Date
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • The Marrying Man
  • Remember Me
  • The House on Burra Burra Lane (Swallows Fall #1)
Tea Cooper writes Australian contemporary and historical fiction. In a past life she was a teacher, a journalist and a farmer. These days she haunts museums and indulges her passion for storytelling.

More about Tea Cooper...