Start by marking “Cliffhanger (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cliffhanger (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, #1)

Cliffhanger (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries #1)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Making her grand re-entry into Portside, Rhode Island, Belinda Kittridge expected fun, sun, and sugar cookies.

Instead, she gets one jilted lover braced for round two, an old rival on the hunt, and the murder of a former classmate and friend. Even worse, Belinda must return to the events surrounding a tragic sailing accident to set things right.

But new possibilities emerge
Published November 20th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Cliffhanger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cliffhanger

Andrea Guy
Cliffhanger is the first book in a new series of cozy mysteries by Amy Saunders.

Our reluctant sleuth is Belinda Kittridge and on the side of law enforcement is Bennett Tate, an ex-cop who is now a PI he's also going to be the love interest for Belinda.

You can't help but love Belinda who comes from a well to do family but isn't your typical rich girl. She's much to nice, as is her friend Veronica, but not everyone is sweet in this story.

The opening scenes where her neighbor's 18 year old son asks
☆ Carol ☆
Really good cover.
Not a bad story but Belinda is quite snobbish & unlikeable in parts & Bennett remains a cliche.
MK
Nov 17, 2013 MK rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: reviewed
Huge gaps and holes in the story, followed by 2 plus 2 equals 5.
Samantha Janning
I received a copy of Cliffhanger by Amy Saunders in exchange for an honest review. Let me just start by saying I love the cover; it’s so cute! The setting is Portside, Rhode Island and our MC is Belinda Kittridge. Belinda doesn’t expect to be thrown into a murder mystery, but that is exactly what happens when a classmate ends up dead and someone seems out to get Belinda herself. Is the murder connected with a death of a friend years prior? Belinda meets security expert Bennett Tate to help solve ...more
Judy  at Musings and Ramblings
This is the first book in a new series by Amy Saunders called the Belinda and Bennett Mysteries. As with most books that start a series, we are introduced to the characters and get a start on their back story.

We are introduced to Belinda and her older-by-1-minute twin brother Kyle, when Belinda returns to the family home in Portside, Rhode Island to open a cupcake boutique and pack up and supervisor the renovation of the family house while her parents are on a tour of Europe. Later that night,
Becky
This is the first book in a new series the Belinda and Bennett Mysteries by Amy Saunders. Belinda Kittridge returns home to Portside RI for some fun in the sun and to oversee a remodeling project for her parents while they are on a cruise. Belinda and her twin brother are from a wealthy family, but their noses aren't in the are air like some of Belinda's so called friends. Belinda attends a party at her neighbors house Stellan Mayhew where she hopes to avoid anyone that will bring up the haunted ...more
Yvonne
Socialite Belinda Kittridge makes her big return to Portside, Rhode Island for a huge class reunion. Instead she meets up with former classmates filled with resentments, jealousy and accusations. There’s also an eighteen year old local kid stalking her.

Fortunately, Belinda still has close friends and a twin brother living in Portside. So, it’s not completely a horrible experience. When one of her classmates suddenly turns up dead, Belinda teams up with security expert, Bennett Tate. Toss in a cl
Candice Ellis
Great mystery

Cliffhanger is an awesome mystery that had twist and turns during the plot development that it kept the storyline interesting and fun. The character's personalities were hard not to like and made the story development better. For me, this was not an easy whodunit book because there were layers to what was happening that I had to keep reading to figure out what's happening. I am interested in seeing what will happen next in this series.
Kim
This was a (mostly) fun cozy. The characters of Belinda and Bennett were very likable, as were Kyle and Jonas. I read some reviews that spoke about her snootiness. She seemed real to me and fine. Lily, Jarrett and BG were kind of creepy. Point well made. Jeff, Stellan and Mark were other pivotal characters. It was an easy, enjoyable, quick read.
Leah Braun
Fun read

Fun read

This had a fun, easy storyline without being predictable. Interested in more stories in the Belinda & Bennett series? Yes.
Marilyn
Great

its wonderful how! the many relationships that are linked together help slove the many different crimes that are the story.
Josie Ann
I received this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review, and I absolutely enjoyed this novel. The main character, Belinda Kittridge, returns home for some fun, but what she ends up getting is a murder mystery on her hands. Belinda comes from a wealthy family, but she isn't snooty, which I really enjoyed. The relationship between her and her twin brother was really fun to read. I thought the romance between Belinda and Bennett was really cute, and it was fun to read. Overall, this ...more
Jennyanne ORIENTE
Great story

I enjoyed this book very much. it was a great mystery and not an obvious one. every time I thought I :) s d it figured out I was wrong I like that in a good book.
Hannah Baker
Fun, funny, and an easy read for a stressful day!
Rinku Geeyo
surprisingly interesting - when I started reading, I never thought I'd enjoy it this much
Amber
A chick lit book with some actual mystery in it. I enjoyed the banter between Tate and his cop friend. I was a little iffy about Belinda and her brother as well as a few of the other characters. For their age, they seemed a bit immature but there were also some redeeming things about her character. Overall, I enjoyed the quick read.
Gayla Glass
Pretty good book. Had the guilty party picked from the first meeting but enjoyed the book enough. Will try the next in series.
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Lesley Brooks
Lesley Brooks marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Holly Slowik
Holly Slowik marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Jennifer Winship
Jennifer Winship marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Llama Castillo
Llama Castillo marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
  • A Thyme to Die (The Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries, #6)
  • Buyer, Beware (Style & Error Mystery #2)
  • Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)
  • Wedding Hells
  • Murder on the First Day of Christmas
  • Death of a Dowager (The Jane Eyre Chronicles, #2)
  • Cocoa and Chanel (Chanel, #1)
  • The Study of Murder
  • Strangled by Silk (A Poppy Cove Mystery, #1)
  • Ms America and the Offing on Oahu (Beauty Queen Mystery, #1)
  • Beauty to Die For: A Spa Mystery
  • Sunshine Hunter (Susan Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • Artful Dodger (Maggie Kean Misadventures, #1)
  • Never Say Pie (A Pie Shop Mystery #2)
  • Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
  • Getaway Girlz
  • Just Pretending (Hearts to Follow #1)
  • Wicked Stitch: An Embroidery Mystery
Hello! And thanks for checking out my books! I've written two mystery novels so far. My first, Dead Locked, is about Imogen Bell who works for a team of underwater archaeologists and ends up embroiled in a deadly treasure hunt. My second mystery, The Jester's Apprentice, is about Philippa, a woman caught between her new husband Edric and his smoky past - and hers.

I've always loved mysteries, even
More about Amy Saunders...

The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries (2 books)
  • Auf'd (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, Book Two)
Auf'd (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, Book Two) Dead Locked Drive-Bye (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, Book Three) Bast & Immie The Jester's Apprentice