Start by marking “Overwhelm Me (Callahan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Overwhelm Me (Callahan, #1)

Overwhelm Me (Callahan #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details ·  2,250 Ratings  ·  225 Reviews
Allie Marshall has dealt with a traumatic past that she desperately wants to keep buried. She moved to Atlanta to escape her old life and pursue her dream of becoming a Physician Assistant. With the help of her roommate, Livey, she has finally gotten her life back on track and will be graduating from Emory University with honors.

Then, she meets Donovan Callahan, a sexy and
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 198 pages
Published December 31st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Overwhelm Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overwhelm Me

Candace
I had this book sitting on my Kindle shelf for what must have been years. I was between audiobooks and saw that it was being offered for a special price of $1.99 on Audible, so I figured I'd finally give it a shot. It had been so long since I'd read the blurb, that I wasn't even sure what I was in store for.

At just over 5 hrs long, it is a relatively short audiobook. That being said, the story held my attention and kept me entertained. With so little time to cover so much ground, there was neve
Madi J
Jan 21, 2013 Madi J rated it did not like it
Never judge a book by its cover...and apparently not on its Goodreads reviews, either.

Really, people?? Whoever gave this book 4 or 5 stars must be pretty limited in their reading repertoire. Just being honest..wish other people could do the same.

Sadly, the pretty cover is about all this book has going for it. That, and the fact that I got it for free. I would be pretty upset if I had paid for this: This book is awkward, immature, poorly written & poorly edited. It lacks any real emotion,
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews
* full review to come*

7 pages in, I already want to shoot myself. Present tense, poor grammar and over description of EVERYTHING.
"I roar my engine to life"

description

"we both hung pictures o as she our edilies."
description

"He licks me in my cleavage"
Kristen
Dec 03, 2012 Kristen rated it did not like it
I had a hard time with this book. I didn't seem to connect with the characters at all. Looking past all the spelling and grammatical errors that had me rereading many sections just to understand, I struggled with the inconsistency of the characters. In the beginning Donovan is blond hair blue eyed and towards the end he has chocolate brown hair and the possibility of having some Native American background. Allie, she is either ready for sex or crying the whole book. When she is talking about her ...more
Heather Gunter
Dec 15, 2012 Heather Gunter rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of Overwhelm Me and I just finished this book. I started reading this first thing this morning and read the first 75% in one sitting. Unfortunately, I did have to get up and put it down, which was a complete and utter hardship.

Allie is a character that has had some horrible things happen to her. She doesn't let it hold her down, deter her or keep her from following her dreams of helping others. She is genuinely a very good person and a very relatable char
Courtney
"The only problem is when I think about him, I feel like I need to change my panties"

REALLY?!? I think that is the least sexiest line I've read...EVER. This book is absolutely ridiculous she bumps into this random guy 2 pages in so obviously she falls madly in lust. Then maybe 10 pages in her and her girlfriends go to a bar and she wishes he was there but she knows its too far fetched to happen. So of course it does.

Then it gets even better she tells this guy she JUST MET about her fathers deat
Karen
Nov 24, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, series
Overwhelm Me is the debut novel by AC Marchman. It is the first book of the Callahan series. This book only took a couple of pages and the hook was in. From that point, I could not put it down.

The author did a great job creating the characters of Allie Marshall and Donovan Callahan. Donovan is a gorgeous, sexy, rich, and charming and he has the full ability to overwhelm Allie. Allie is a relatable character. She is smart, educated, honest and strong. I liked her because she was ‘real’. Many time
Elizabeth Shaw
Jan 01, 2013 Elizabeth Shaw rated it did not like it
I don't know where to even begin with the review - except I may need some wine with all the cheesiness from this story. Same premises as all your alpha male stories - instant love, want to protect, etc. However, with this story it felt like it tried too hard to follow the formula. I could not connect with the characters because the heroine, while trying to be an independent woman, she ended being this over-analyzing, crying girl that had me rolling my eyes more than once. The hero kept switching ...more
Diana
Nov 24, 2012 Diana rated it it was ok
Hmmmm. 2 stars is being nice. Let's see… this book seemed like it was written by an 8th grader. I have no idea how people were rating it 4 or 5 stars. The reviews were obviously inflated because no one in their right mind would think this story or the writing was quality. The writing was not only juvenile, but the editing was horrendous! (And this is coming from a girl who frequently reads self published authors.) The insta-love factor was beyond annoying. I had to pretend that the characters ha ...more
Catherine
Jan 01, 2013 Catherine rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
One of the worse books I've read in a long time. In a nutshell....women bumps into handsome, wealthy doctor, thinks about him all day, coincidentally meets him again at a bar the same night, go home together, have sex, and beings a whirlwind romance that includes a lot of crying (from the heroine), some secrets from the past (psycho ex-lover in jail for murder, babies, affairs, etc). The hero met the heroine's family , they hit if off...and a bunch of other sappy shit. Mind you, this all takes m ...more
Alison Phillips
Dec 04, 2012 Alison Phillips rated it it was amazing
OMG...people read this book. Was so good!!! If you like over bearing but gorgeous rich guys that mean well get this book. I loved Donovan right from the beginning and Allie as well...together they are wow....can't wait for book 2 to see what the nasty ex does..
Nic
Nov 29, 2012 Nic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Seriously, never judge a book by it’s cover! When I first saw the cover for Overwhelm Me by AC Marchman it got my attention! I knew this was going to be a hot read, but I never expected that it would be such an amazingly SEXY HOT read with an equally fab story to go with it! Overwhelm Me had me hook, line and sinker from the get go :-)

AC Marchman did a fabulous job with her character development. She gives so much insight into who her characters are and where they come from, that I felt like th
Niki
Jan 24, 2013 Niki rated it it was ok
More like UNDERWHELM ME. Sorry, but this story could've been so much more. In the beginning I was hopeful that it would be a good read, but like 20% in I wanted to stop and start reading something else, but my reading OCD wouldn't let me. It was boring and the writing was elementary...plain and simple. Example: "I'm puzzled. What does "eye opening" mean? What an odd thing to say." The wording just didn't flow for me. On a positive note, the grammar and spelling were good. I'm not trying to be ha ...more
Nicole
Nov 26, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I had the wonderful opportunity to read this before it comes out and i was asked for my honest opinion so here it goes ..... I must say I fell In love with these characters right from the start Allie the college student trying to finish up with her college courses slams into a hot guy literally in the school parking lot in a mad dash to get to a final exam lol and it goes on from there where they can't stop thinking about each other the end up meeting again while Allie is celebrating finishing h ...more
Amelia
Mar 19, 2013 Amelia rated it liked it
She cries way too much and i wanted to punch her in the face and tell her to grow a pair and stop acting like her world is completely messed up.
I also got sick of her jealousy and wanted her to relax how man time does he have to tell her he wants to be with her, and wy havent hey told each other they love each other i mean its clear that they do and its stupid how the just keep flirting like stupid teenagers, and how old is he. Im sure hes liek at least 2 years older than her.

I also didnt feel
Fred
Dec 31, 2012 Fred rated it it was amazing
What a sweet book! I love the way AC captures that feeling of first love when you can't keep your hands off each other! Sex in a lot of romance seems like work, or a little too angsty and psychological. Here it's just fun, sweet, hot and expressive of how crazy Donovan and Allie are about each other. It's a lovely read from their first meet-cute to the final few pages, where we get a sense that the bond between them is going to be tested. But mostly it's fun and did I mention hot? I loved it, be ...more
Danak
Dec 16, 2012 Danak rated it liked it
Overall I liked this novel! The instant love connection happened a bit too easily for me. However, the sex scenes were hot and steamy and very well done! I felt a good connection with the characters as well. Donovan is like a dream guy, I'm still waiting for him to have some flaws (other than the ones revealed). I was suprised with Allie's secret. I just wish there was more build up overall. Very good first novel for A.C. Marchman though. I'm looking forward to reading the second one!
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Amazing debut book from AC Marchman ! Uber insecure college grad-to-be Allie meets Donovan - a Christian Gray clone without the handcuffs - and hardcore mood swings.
Allie and Donovan's fairy tale steamy sex fest goes from hello to practically living together in a week. Download Overwhelm Me if you are looking for romance with a side order of fun smut! Super fast read with great a set up for book 2!

Solid 3.5 stars.
Jodi Nichols
Mar 22, 2013 Jodi Nichols rated it it was amazing
WOW.... I need more Donovan!!! Talk about the perfect book boyfriend :o) I love how the author just jumped right into everything and got straight to the point, leaving plenty of room for more things to come within their relationship! I cannot wait to see what happens with this story and for Allie and Donovan's relationship!
Speedread23
Jan 14, 2013 Speedread23 rated it did not like it
Well I shouldn't say "read" because I actually stopped reading it....very cheesy, unrealistic and not well written, felt like a bunch of short sentences that all seemed to end in exclamation points!!! "You're Donovan Callahan! That's crazy!"...really?.."check out this hottie!"....."you got to kiss him!" "I love Nachos! Good Choice!" "Dig in!"..... This was all in 3 pages.... Sorry but not good
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Nov 23, 2012 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, hot hot hot and Donovan my my my swoooooooon such a hottie!!! I have another book boyfriend!!! Loved the storyline, loved the characters although Allie could get annoying with her jealous streak and self loathing at times... Cannot wait for book 2 to see what Claire has in store!!!! Great debut novel!!
Janessa
Nov 27, 2012 Janessa rated it really liked it
Want a fun, sexy read then check out Overwhelm Me! It is the first novel from AC Marchman and I must say I was very impressed. AC does an amazing job with letting you get to know and love her characters. Throw in two troubled past's, hot sex and a very swoon worthy Donovan and she had me hooked! Check this one out! <3
Vicki Curtis
Jan 21, 2013 Vicki Curtis rated it really liked it
This is a great book from start to finish. It ends with you wanting more. This is my first time to read this A C Marchman,and it wont be my last. I am waiting patiently for book 2. I love the characters Donovan and Allie. The book sucked me in made me feel like I was with them.
D.albright
Jan 13, 2013 D.albright rated it really liked it
I came across a review for this book this morning and decided to read it, I am glad I did too. This book is an easy 4.5 stars for me. I really enjoyed reading about Allie and Donovan and am looking forward to the next in the series.
Melissa
Jan 21, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
OMG when is book 2 coming out!! This is torture! Amazing read!!!
Hbeebti
Nov 30, 2012 Hbeebti rated it it was ok
This was just ok to me. I truly couldn't get into it. Couldn't connect with the characters and struggled with the writing style. It just wasn't for me. Sorry to say that I gave up around 37% in.
B.J.
Nov 23, 2012 B.J. rated it liked it
Good storyline and two main characters that had depth. Can see that this will be a good series. I found the timeline a bit too fast but its well written and was a good quick read.
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
the writing style and story line was terrible.
Julie Morris
Dec 01, 2012 Julie Morris rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful and simply amazing! The reality version of 50 shades!
Christina Huffstutler
Jan 18, 2013 Christina Huffstutler rated it it was amazing
Awesome read and great story! Looking forward to more!
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Beautiful Things Never Last
  • The Submission of Alistair Ingram (Dolls & Doms, #1)
  • Haven from the Storm (Storms of Life, #1)
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
  • Mending (This, #2)
  • Broken
  • Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)
  • Happenstance (A Second Chance, #1)
  • Let Me Fly (Learning to Let Go, #1)
  • Schooled
  • Nets and Lies
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
  • Shattered (Glass Towers, #2)
  • Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1)
  • Awakened (Awakened, #1)
  • Rock Her (Rocked, #1)
AC Marchman lives in Virginia with her husband Dan and their three children, Hannah, Jacob and Sarah. By day, she is a wife, mommy, and an x-ray tech for a doctor's office. By night (and nap time) she is a writer. She loves spending time with her family. She also loves to read. Her favorite authors being EL James, Sylvia Day, James Patterson, and Tess Gerritsen.
More about A.C. Marchman...

Callahan (4 books)
  • Stay with Me (Callahan, #2)
  • Release Me (Callahan, #3)
  • Here with Me (Callahan, #4)