Start by marking “Rainy Day Poems” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Hold on to your hats,
And get ready to go.
Because the rain's just begun,
And it’s time for the show.

The adventures of Sami and Thomas Lamb.

Sami and Thomas Lamb will have you laughing in no time with their crazy adventure. Can you find the stuffie on every page?
Published November 23rd 2012 by House of Lore

To ask other readers questions about Rainy Day Poems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainy Day Poems

Cherene
Because this author has spammed his book on almost every child's list on listopia. As well as, added his book to exclusive lists. Such as "1001 Children's Books to Read Before You Grow Up." Which is a list created by a publisher and not a public list. Therefore, I cannot read his novels. I understand he wants his novels read, and wishes to promote them, but spamming them isn't the way to get popular attention.

I cannot recommend this author.
Meredith Estes
I love this book of poems. It allows a child's brain to run wild with all the rich and abstract vocabulay. I think it is important for a child to dream, because who are you to tell that child they will not be able to do something. Each one of these poems allows for in depth conversations from all the questions children have after reading them. My favorite in this Book is:

"One Day I'll Be"
Today at school my teacher said,
I wonder what you'll be?
When time has passed and you've grown up,
and the worl
Elizabeth Burr
This book of poems is amazing their is one for everyday! You would not even believe all the poems in here them cute and funny and really get children interested. This little poem is more fun at the end of the year when everyone is getting out of school for summer vacation.

Schools Out

The school books are gone,
And the teachers are too.
The schoolhouse is closed,
So what's there to do?

Well, you could go to the lake,
And jump right on in,
And swim like a fish,
With a slippery fin.
But no matter the cours
Danielle Baker
Review: A great book for children to believe in themselves. The illustrations are colorful and the poems are engaging.

One poem for the collection:

"One Day I'll Be"
Today at school my teacher said,
I wonder what you'll be?
When time has passed and you've grown up,
and the world is yours to see.
Right then and there I stood up straight,
and looked her in the face.
And said with pride and confidence,
I plan to live in space.
Like pirates of so long ago,
My ship will take me far.
Around the moon and back agai
Sally Deem
This book of poems share the dreams and adventures of a brother and sister, Sammi and Thomas Lamb. It is written in a manner that will allow all children to connect to the characters and their imaginative spirit. The pictures are vibrant and fun and help create images to compliment the poems. The poems are funny, but cover other topics such as careers and bullying. My favorite poem in the book was One Day I'll Be. This poems has the characters describing what they imagine being when they grow up ...more
Nashay
Rainy Day Poems are a collection of poems written in a manner, where the reader follows Sammi and Thomas Lamb on their crazy adventure. Children can easily relate to the two characters and the poems. The poems range from mother's day poems to schools out. The book has wonderful illustrations. Poetry is a great way to assess students fluency. It is also a very hard to get students interested in poetry but I think if students can connect with Sammi and Thomas they'll love to read other poetry. Thi ...more
Alexandra Phelps
The poems in the book are cute and the art is unique. They are nice and short (except the last one) which will help to keep the children's interest. Thomas and Sami are brother and sister and they are in the poems. They are being creative and using their imagination on a rainy day. The poems tell about different place they go and things that they do in their imaginary worlds.
Shannon Sevcik
This book is unique in that the poems have main characters throughout the book! The illustrations are computer made and this might intrigue certain students and you can explore that type of art. Also this book is great to show fantasy in poetry.
Steph
This was a very fun and cute book to read, full of whimsical poems written as if by a child's perspective. I also enjoyed the illustrations, and they went very well with each respective poem.
Scott Janson
Good book to talk about poems. It is a book about peoms we could read on a rainy day. Nice to have this one in the classroom for days like that.
Mjstroup
I loved this collection with a lot of poems that I know students would enjoy. A great way to introduce poetry as a literary form!!!
Mariana Farcas
Our kids at MyAmericanKids.com love the entire Sami and Thomas!
Jeniece Trueman
ELS;Phonological Awareness, Vocabulary
Alyssa Edgley
Children we love this book because almost everything written about they can relate to their lives. I really enjoyed this book.

the school books are gone
and the teachers are too
the school house is closed
so whats there to do
well you could go to the lake
and jump right in
and swim like a fish with a slippery fin
Charlie
This is a compilation of poems for children. It is filled with poems that children can identify or relate to, such as The Internet and The Rodeo.

My favorite was A Snort and A Snore. A little boy keeps hearing this horrible noise in the night. It’s dark and omnious as he goes creeping through his house to discover the source of this “strange and eerie sound.”

The last poem in the collection, An Epic Poem for Kids, is a much longer poem that young readers are used to. It is a story poem that detail
Julie Barrett
Rainy Day Poems
Poems for kids, very colorful photos and such a large imagination.
Love sea and the sand castle and the lighthouse are the best.
Some pictures are too dark to be able to read the poems.
Barbara
nice for young children

Cute poems. I was reading this to a first grader and every time he sees me he asks for me to "read the book!" He really enjoyed it.
Erin
The genre of this book as stated in the title is poetry. This poetry book is intended for age P."Rainy Day Poems" is about two people named Thomas and Sami that tae you along with them on there rainy day adventures. I rated this book two stars because I did like the book but it just didn't mean as much as book I had read when I was younger. This is a good book for small children because it will have them laughing with some of the things these two do. The illustrations in this book are well done. ...more
Susan Hernandez
Susan Hernandez marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Michael Foldes
Michael Foldes marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Srikanthyalamati
Srikanthyalamati marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Richard Ward
Richard Ward marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Karol Leap
Karol Leap marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Gurinder
Gurinder marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
  • Julius's Candy Corn
  • Tales of Robin Hood
  • The Boy Who Looked Like Lincoln
  • The Mitten
Through the Milky Way on a PB&J A Horse Story: Sami and Thomas meet Pascal The Little Unicorn That Had No Horn Splash Down: Adventures in Firefighting Series At the End of the Rainbow: Poems for Children with Sami and Thomas