Start by marking “Vows of Revenge” as Want to Read:
Vows of Revenge

Vows of Revenge

Amid pirates, godfathers and forbidden love in the ancient world of Rome, Lucianus and Aelia rise from the ashes of their lives. Aelia struggles to survive a marriage to a patrician monster who also forces Lucianus off his family's land. When Lucianus learns Cassius has sold the beautiful Aelia to a fate worse than death, he saves her and takes Aelia back to Amalfi where ...more
Published September 10th 2012 by rpridepublishing (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Vows of Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vows of Revenge

Tenaya Jayne
Apr 27, 2013 Tenaya Jayne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I don't think I've ever read a book this long that held my attention like this one did. It is among the best books I've read all year. Ridgley is excellent! While some books are like Twinkies, this one is like Thanksgiving dinner. This one is close to perfection. Read it!
Carrie Slager
Feb 09, 2014 Carrie Slager rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I received a free ebook from J. F. Ridgley in exchange for an honest review.]

To be perfectly honest, I’m not a big fan of romance in general. Especially when a book focuses on the romance. However, I am a big fan of historical fiction that’s accurate and well-researched, which is why I agreed to read Vows of Revenge. After all, I’m generally open-minded when it comes to what I read. Once again, I’m glad my open mind led me to another great read.

As I said, I’m not a big fan of r
Emmy
I loved the premise of this book and the story itself was really good, but I had a few problems with the execution that brought this down a star for me.

At times the writing was a bit unclear which pulled me out of the story. For example, at one point I literally though two chapters had gotten switched around because there was a jump in time and there was no explanation of what happened in between. One chapter ended with Lucianus arriving in Amalfi and reconnecting with an old friend of his fath
J.F. Ridgley
Sep 23, 2015 J.F. Ridgley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved writing this book and still am in love with Lucianus. I believe he's even telling me another story. I think you will love him too and want his next story

Merged review:

It's a great read if you love ancient Rome
Levent Mollamustafaoglu
Mildly interesting historical romance/adventure novel set at Ancient Rome. The state of women's nonexistent rights in Ancient Rome, the class difference and struggle between the Patricis and the Plebes are some of the threads in this novel. Not very original, but readable.
Lissy Liz
Oct 20, 2015 Lissy Liz rated it liked it
Loved it, it gave me an insight on the life of s woman thousands of years ago.. Held my attention the whole time.
Indiebrag
Dec 16, 2015 Indiebrag rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that VOWS OF REVENGE by J.F. Ridgley is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
david shelton
david shelton rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Judy Swofford
Judy Swofford rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Christi Williams
Christi Williams rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Lili
Lili rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
I.G. Frederick
I.G. Frederick rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2013
Kirstin
Kirstin rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
ICER Ingenieros
ICER Ingenieros rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Heidi Somerville
Heidi Somerville rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
ABesse
ABesse rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Nykki
Nykki rated it liked it
May 03, 2014
Sandra West
Sandra West rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Faith
Faith rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2013
gabriela seavitte
gabriela seavitte rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Lisa Jones
Lisa Jones rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2013
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Lawrence Duma
Lawrence Duma rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Bernice
Feb 11, 2016 Bernice rated it it was amazing
An excellent story and just didn't want it to end!!
Leona Ennis
Leona Ennis rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Life is an adventure not a destination. I truly believe this. I never expected to become a writer. Reader yes? I've always loved reading. I still do when I get the chance but writing is very time consuming.
Once upon a time I trained, showed, cared for two wonderful American Saddlebred horses because I love horses and always have. They taught me a lot. Never give up. Never give in. I discovered wr
More about J.F. Ridgley...