Start by marking “Breed of Love” as Want to Read:
Breed of Love

Breed of Love

Every story told weaves a path through various aspects of life, and the characters that it meets along the way. Every tale threads carefully around emotions and time, binding them all together.
Our upcoming story, although tinged with dark and violent edges, begins with very different feelings; fear, hope … and love. These are the main stones on our path here, although it w
Kindle Edition
Published November 2012 by Jason Ellis/ JTT Publishing (first published March 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Breed of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breed of Love

Starblood by Carmilla VoiezPsychonaut by Carmilla VoiezBlack Sun by Carmilla VoiezCity of the Dead by Lucian BarnesOutpost 13 by Lucian Barnes
Best Indie Horror Books of 2013
17th out of 37 books — 60 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
257th out of 359 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Lauren
Nov 26, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing
This book is took me by complete suprise. The last book I read from the author was also a fantasy book, however it was light and cheerful. This story is dark and takes your mind to the land of the boogeyman! Excellent job, can't wait for the full story.

Thank you so much Jay for the sweet dedication WaAR loves you!!
Christoph Fischer
Mar 01, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"Breed of Love" by Jason Ellis was given to me by the author for an honest review.
From the first few lines I knew that this was different from his young adult fiction. Dark and mysterious Ellis announces the coming story and the theme of fear, hope and love.
Fear is the emotion I picked up the strongest, fear of death, fear of regret, fear of the unknown; I picked it up from the characters in the book.
Without giving away the plot of this short story/ novel I can say that the book focuses on a b
Jacquie Talento
Mar 25, 2013 Jacquie Talento rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.
What happens when hope is presented to someone who has none and then it is cruelly and mercilessly taken away? This novella is filled with shorts of stories in the making. Mr. Ellis has a writing style that pulls you in and doesn’t let you go.
Bianca
Jan 24, 2013 Bianca rated it it was amazing
Even from the start,when I saw my name in the dedication, I loved the book. Of course, I am a fan of the author, after reading his YA book, “Shadows&Voices”. I love his writing-style and his stories.
But this novella came with a surprise. It’s a little horror and ,sometimes it can be disturbing.Really disturbing.Especially if you have a good imagination,like I have.And especially if the author knows how to describe everything so you can form an imagine in your head. Those faces, Jason!They ga
Ema Volf
Dec 03, 2012 Ema Volf rated it it was amazing
First, I would like to say that this is very, VERY different for Jason Ellis. Generally, his books are lighter and happier. This one is pretty dark.

Next, I'd like to say that it's definitely not a bad thing. I think I like this darker side of his. Though I'd be afraid to wade around in it too long ...

In this short novelette, we're given a fascinating take on what happens after death, that really catches your attention. It's different and refreshing ... and a bit terrifying ... It certainly makes
Jennifer Treviño
Ellis has skillfully taken us into the unknown! This is a quick read very different from what I expected, & very well written. Be prepared for a creepy ride through the after life experience filled with a kaleidoscope of emotions all twisting, turning, & melding together. Including but not limited to fear, terror, regret, hope, & love.
We all know that fear of the unknown or things we can not change added to a bit of terror & curiosity for the things that are "hidden behind closed
Bonnie Bernard
Dec 03, 2012 Bonnie Bernard rated it it was amazing
I walk while reading...which is to say I don't read incredibly fast lest I trip and smack my nose on the sidewalk...and I still read this story in an hour and a half. Short, dark, and written in Ellis's typical style...weirdly creative. (I mean "weirdly" in a good way. His unique imagination is really quite perfect for writing.) Not typical of Ellis's style...this prequel is dark. Ghosts-like beings, moral dilemmas, a love affair gone awry, for a book you can breeze through so quickly, this one ...more
Daniel
Jun 20, 2013 Daniel rated it it was amazing
As this is just a prequel for a series to come, I didn't expect much more than a short introduction to the series, but was I wrong!
You really get dragged inside the story, getting to know figures playing around there, finding out what the idea behind the new world is, and feeling scared and worried about what is going to happen next. All that in just a few pages, very well done of the writer!
Now nothing else to do but finding out when the book comes out!
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jul 09, 2013 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Horror Fans
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Jason Ellis Author
10+*s. This story was a total shocker to me because it's not the usual writing style of this author. It's dark and creepy and was very hard to put down. I was addicted to the story from beginning to end. This I a RECOMMENDED MUST read for any horror readers out there wanting something spooky to read. Thank you, Jason Ellis, for this remarkable story!!

Wanda Hartzenberg
Wanda Hartzenberg rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2012
Lesley Fatt
Lesley Fatt rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Wanda Hartzenberg
Wanda Hartzenberg rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2011
Jason
Mar 12, 2014 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Scott
Pamela Scott rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Jason
Aug 13, 2013 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alexia Purdy
Alexia Purdy marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
RaeBeth
RaeBeth marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Sherry Gammon
Sherry Gammon marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Teracia
Teracia marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Deena
Deena marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Tbird London
Tbird London marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Jennifer  Davis
Jennifer Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
De Jr.
De Jr. marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Cindy Smith
Cindy Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Amini
Amini marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Stacy Margaret Allan
Stacy Margaret Allan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Oumayma Ait
Oumayma Ait marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
TJ
TJ marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Gina M Jordan
Gina M Jordan marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
A.O. Peart
A.O. Peart marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Felicia Sills
Felicia Sills marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Katie Carpenter williams
Katie Carpenter williams marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
I started writing in approximately 1997(ish) with an idea that was in my head ... it's still there, maybe one day I'll finish it.
Anyway, true story, I started off with a trilogy(sci-fi) after I drew an illustration on my PC. You see, there had to be a reason for the picture - what was happening? What had made this scene happen?
Like I say, a trilogy followed, from one picture ... it'll be re-publis
More about Jason Ellis...