Start by marking “Still Life” as Want to Read:
Still Life

Still Life

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Allan Song’s ex, Mac, shows up to model for the life drawing class Allan teaches, he turns everything upside-down. Mac is still as infuriatingly attractive as when Allan first met him—and still trying to figure out where he fits on the gender spectrum. He’s more than a little out of control, and he’s taken some stupid risks that have come back to haunt him. If they’re ...more
Published December 5th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Still Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Life

Nancy
Reviewed for Hearts on Fire Reviews

I thought this was going to be a light, sweet Christmas romance. I’m really glad it wasn’t, as I’ve overdosed on holiday sweetness and am now craving conflict, intense emotions, and deep feelings. Jaime Samms delivered and after reading just one story, I now count myself among her fans. I also liked that the blurb for the story was kind of vague; still intriguing, but not enough to reveal too much information about the characters or spoil the plot.

Allen has kn
Heller
2.5

That was a lot angstier than I was expecting it to be. I'm not quite sure what I think about it. The whole story hinges on one massive miscommunication which could have been resolved if the characters had just sat down and talked it out 2 years previously. It resulted in a lot of heartache and despair on the parts of both the MCs.
Anke
Just finished and still not sure how to rate it. Despite the christmassy-colored clothing on the cover and most part of the story taking place around Christmas, this wasn't a Christmas story. Not really one to get into the mood or a feel-good one. For that the MCs happen to face some serious decisions in their past that still have repercussions in the here and now.

I couldn't really get warm with both, Allen and Mac. Even after I realized the direction the story was going, I wasn't really pulled
Tailtiu
4* and I would trade the missing star for an epilogue

I was expecting (hoping for) a light christmas story and got drama angst and a HFN...but I loved it

Susan65
WHAT??? Where's the next page, next chapter, the epilogue, or...anything but come on...I need to know what happens next.

I loved this one, seriously I did. I giggled, I smiled like a fiend, I cringed, my heart hurt, but I loved every minute. Any book that evokes my emotions and makes me feel, I love.

BUT WHERE IS THE REST OF THE STORY???????
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Wowzers. What a roller coaster ride this little gem is. From the get go, I loved both Mac and Al. I wasn't quite sure what was going on, but I was definitely enjoying the teasing and banter between the guys, and the distraction attempts by Mac made me giggle. Then we get to the meat of the story, knowing something happened to separate these two, and, while not as bad as it could have been, I still found myself getting extremely angry with Mac. Then I was cheering Al on, as if he could actually h ...more
Mercedes
I really enjoyed this book. Just a tiny bit angstier than I normally go for. I especially like the end because not everything is tied up in a neat little bow. Oh, don't worry you get your HEA but a question remains unanswered and as a reader you just have to hope it gets a satisfactory resolution.
Feliz
Oh my dear god, was this a wonderful book! I'll write a better review one of these days, right now I'm half sighing, half in tears and so not up for it.
Thorny
Would've rated higher except for the ending. If you want details: (view spoiler) The rest was a really great, emotional story of reunited friends-to-lovers.
Maggie
Whoa. Not 100% sure how I feel about this story. The story itself is painful, angsty and I am not fully secure this couple has their HEA. I very much wished this story went a little further (like maybe into January so we know one way or the other about Mac?!). Right now I am liking my HEAs wrapped up in a bow and I don't feel like this story did that at all. I hope another book comes out with this couple so I know they are settled and ok.

Oh and gotta say I think a kiss with someone not your part
Lucy
Maybe 3.5 because it definitely ended on a WHERES THE REST note! Difficult topics yet with a light feel. Mac came across too cocky sometimes so his being vulnerable was even more pronounced when it happened. Just wheres the rest!
Sammy Goode
Jamie Samms' story, Still Life pulls us into its emotional maelstrom and reveals to us the consequences of hasty assumptions and impetuous mistakes and second chances.

Now, Mac and Allen each carry new secrets, one the secret of a love that has never died, and the other of a risk taken that may have deadly consequences. The only question that remains is whether the revealing of these secrets will carry with it a happy ever after or a continued lonely existence for both men.

Perhaps the most impre
Penny Wilder
I cried. So much. It is all Jamie Samms fault. This is an amazing story. Is there a sequel out there? I would love to know what happens to them.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Nancy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Marsha Spence
I really enjoyed this. The relationship between the two MC's was so sweet. It's like they revolved around each other until they got back together. Very good!
Sadonna
Full review can be found as The Armchair Reader
Cole Riann
DNF at around 35% - I just couldn't get into this, it made me feel uncomfortable and was a little too angsty for me.
Southernangel
I really enjoyed this book, even though I really wanted to know what happens next. I hate cliffhangers!!! Please write a sequel!
Lexi Ander
4.5 stars. I really needed to know how Mac faired with an epilogue. Loved it anyway.
Rosemary
I really hope there is a sequel so we can find out what happens with Mac.
Kira
DAMMIT! i love Allen & Mac, and there BETTER be a conclusion to this gem...
Page Crusherz
Good book....Likable MCs
Sandra
Feb 02, 2013 Sandra marked it as to-read
$3.03 on Amazon
Alimoonmohammed Mohammed
Alimoonmohammed Mohammed marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Jenn
Jenn added it
Nov 28, 2014
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Still Life by Jaime Samms 11 42 Feb 12, 2013 07:22AM
With most of the hours in the day taken up by a part time job and the full time occupation of raising and schooling two kids, writing is somewhat of an indulgence, but it's the indulgences that keep us sane, right? When not otherwise occupied, like most writers, reading is my relaxation method of choice, and you can find my reviews at Kuriousity.com and Dark Diva Reviews to let you know what I lik ...more
More about Jaime Samms...
Better The Foster Family Mourning Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3) Stained Glass